3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Beck Diet Solution

Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Beck Diet For Life/Solution – January 2014 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 10:10 PM   #256
Healthy Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 260/ticker/...-1 more pound

Height: 5'6"

Tired from my crazy day, but stayed on plan. Will check in more tomorrow, but just had to try out my new signature
Old 01-24-2014, 10:48 PM   #257
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 179/161/150

Height: 5-4

A quick check in from me, as well. Struggled a bit working from home since the pantry was too close by. Finally a cup of hot tea to sip helped me nip that.

Went out to a local mexican spot for dinner (a neighbor had gifted me with a gift certificate during the holidays as a thank you) and it was nice to not have to cook/clean up. Enjoyed half of my dinner, limited chips, and splurged on churros. I've wanted to order them for about a decade there! Nice to share them with DH - so a treat for each of us. Then home for several hours of house cleaning/organizing and reordering.

Scale down a smidge more today - 168.8 ... hoping to see it keep trending down wih fewer days like today
Old 01-25-2014, 02:50 AM   #258

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5ft3in

Default Saturday

Hi diet coaches

I had a lovely day today. My girls (dogs) got to run with a pack and enjoy dogging about. The people I joined turned it into a birthday celebration which was nice. The food of course was totally not what I should be eating but I tried to log it in MFP, reduced calories for the day and think I come in under so it was all good. A really pleasant morning.

This morning of course I was over my ticker weight but I am ignoring it until the next time it is lower! I made spiced nuts for snacks and found myself snacking on them standing up - will put them in a little tin (30g) if I want to snack on them.

BillBE - Ouch for a car that is giving trouble - always difficult. Not long until the good oranges come! Credit for ignoring the brownies waiting to ambush you.

flnu - my step goal is pretty low at the moment - 5000. But most days I make about 8000. Sometime soon I will raise it but as I am in post surgery spinal rehab I don't want to fail every day so set something achievable. I am doing well and inspired to walk further each day. Credit for a plan for exercising and including the Beck stratedies into your day. A few of us use MFP (my fitness plan) so might see you over there

FutureFitChick - really nice to see you here again! I know life and study and life make it really difficult to concentrate on this stuff so credit for checking in today. Maybe you should just focus on you and not do personals if you are not able to spend the time? I find that it can stop me from posting if I think I should do personals. It would be great just to see your essentials each day and give up the personals. Thanks for the congrats - I need a success!

Maryann - Credit for your Wardrobe Organising Project and further shrinking your wardrobe and getting organised. I found that decluttering is very freeing when I moved to this studio apartment. But my clothes need a lot of work so your post did indeed resonate - I need to get into it!

Aztricia - yay for staying on plan when it is crazy - well done! See you tomorrow

Nationalparker - Yay for scale down a smidge - Mexican food is a trap and churros is something to be experienced in small amounts. Your experience of churros was an example of restraint - they are pretty special - so hope it was good

Short Term Goal

Old 01-25-2014, 06:02 AM   #259

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Saturday

Diet Coaches/Buddies – On plan eating, CREDIT moi, including snacks to streak to 66. The call to go off plan came during break time at the evening dance. There were some half-dozen treats available - some homemade. Not about Me, I thought and just ignored them. Then DW offered me a bite of the homemade gingerbread she was having; I turned it down. Since we got home late it wasn't necessary to have an evening snack at all - so one more snack free day. The other opportunity for falling off track came when, by mistake, the bag of pecans followed my sandwich to where I was sitting for lunch. (I just forgot to put it back in the pantry.) First thought: Just a handful would be nice. Second thought: NO Choice. Yay for second choices.

Exercise was the folk dance in the evening, CREDIT moi. My body gets the same amount of exercise as do the experienced dancers. The Toyota is fully inspected; my mechanic did a patch weld for $89 that fixed the problem - a super bargain since the catalytic converter was an alternative fix. It's a temporary fix - maybe five years - on a 1997 car so I'm good with that kind of temporary.

Cheryl (seadwaters) – Yay for running with the dogs despite a surprise birthday celebration in the field. Neat idea to use a little tin to measure a portion of nuts.

FutureFitChick – Good grief! That's some serious leg damage. Sending supportive thoughts for next week's surgery. Kudos for getting on top of your physical therapy now. And Kudos for being aware that you have to find the 'right size' for expectations - they're want to be grander than fit in our own buckets.

The streak thing was started by ForMyGirls two months ago to track consistency in one of the things she was doing - mimicking the count that Joy (gardenerjoy) was keeping for her continuous days exercising. Several of us grabbed the notion; I was in need of stopping snacking that was out of bounds, so that became my streak item. It was just what I needed to whack myself upside the head to get back on my path.

maryann - It is just so beyond my comprehension to toss a pair of pants just because you don't need them, don't want them, and aren't going to wear them. Kudos for your clarity. 'Lazy' doth try to weasel itself back into our lives.

nationalparker – Enjoying a Mexican Restaurant on plan is so encouraging that we can live our lives and still stay our path. Kudos.

AZtricia - Congrats on your brand new butterfly weight tracker. On plan is good.

flnu - Yay for getting rid of "ugly" pants. I hate it when I hang on to some item of clothing that I'm determined not to wear, but equally determined not to toss. I'm sooooo happy that I'm not the only one. Kudos for your thorough plan for making time for dieting.

Readers -
Quote:
day 11 Differentiate Between Hunger, Desire, and Cravings

Or you might try saying to yourself, Okay, I'm hungry, no big deal, I'm going to eat again in ____ hours ... Here's a chance to strengthen my resistance muscle (described along with your giving-in muscle, on page 29).

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 118.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 6 years and 10 months
Old 01-25-2014, 06:09 AM   #260

S/C/G: 106.4/ticker/65 (kg)

Height: 169cm

Hello coaches,

I have been a bit off track for the last two days. Nothing catastrophic - but definitely not in the zone. Yesterday was a day of wallowing and today I started to get back on track - did all my health activities but didn't plan what I would eat, or eat in a particularly ordered or sensible fashion.

But there were limits everywhere so credit for that. And credit for pushing myself to get back on track. Credit for posting tonight because I just feel like going to bed!

Food 100% OP? no ; Health activities 100% OP? no ; Drank 2L water? no ; Went to bed on time? no ; Streak count: 0

Seadwaters - congrats on being in Onederland!

Futurefitchick - a thought in relation to your challenge in posting regularly - could you set yourself an easier goal - maybe posting once or twice a week on a particular day (or days) - or just updating us and not worrying about personals? Or committing to posting, even if you don't have time to read? The "one line report card" that is just above the message to Seadwaters is an idea I borrowed from Joy - if you cut and paste it can be a super quick way to post :-) (And you can include whatever you need to be tracking). As for the counting days / streaks etc - in the lead up to the holiday season I suggested a group streak challenge which we kept going until early January. Those who wanted to be part of it chose something to count for their streak - very varied what we counted - and then I would add up the team total. (The deal with a streak is if you miss a day then it goes back to zero). A couple of us are still counting streaks even though the group challenge is over because we found it helpful.

Mini-goal 1 = 103.4 Mini-goal 2 = 100.4 Mini-goal 3 = 97.4 Mini-goal 4 = 94.4 Mini-goal 5 = 91.4 : Mini-goal 5 = 88.4
Old 01-25-2014, 07:46 AM   #261

S/C/G: 261/241/136

Height: 5'8"

Hi, Coaches!

Good morning! First off, credit for posting -- 2 days in a row!!! (That would have sounded pathetic to me 18 months ago. But, Oh WELL! I am doing the best I can.)

I woke up early again today and had a nice breakfast, albeit a little too big. I was shocked when I looked at my meal calories how much the "extras" added. That should not surprise me, but the reminder was good for a reality check. For the next 24 hours I am going to focus on leaving food on my plate at each meal.

AZTricia: Way to go on the on plan day -- that is great!

BillBlueEyes: Great job for the on plan eating. I need to work on NO CHOICE, so it was nice to hear about it working for you.

ForMyGirls: Big credit for correcting course quickly when you started to veer off plan. That is awesome! I will keep reminding myself about your advice to post regularly. I'm also going to think about what would be useful for me to track for a streak. That sounds fun. I'm considering my daily PT sessions or on plan days as possibilities.

Maryann: oooh! I love your approach for dealing with your husband's un-relinquish-able clothing. I am married to one of those guys too. There are still high school marching band t-shirts in his drawers (and sometimes still being warn) from 1992. Uck! Acid-free boxes to the rescue! Also, I log your attitude about clothing. I am going to keep reading that idea over and over until it sinks in. Having the "back-up-big sizes" sitting there made it too easy to say "now is not the time for me to worry about weight loss". At least now I have a method that has actually worked for me to lose weight. I just need to get back to NO CHOICE! Thanks, Maryann.

Nationalparker: Great job on enjoying half your dinner. We eat out so rarely now that I am out of the habit of taking home ½ my plate like I used to. There is a tapas restaurant near me that has THE BEST CHURROS. They so fresh and delicious. I am going there to celebrate my graduation day, and plan to have those.

Seadwaters: Good job on catching yourself eating while standing. I guess with my injury, I have an advantage on this one. This is the start of the 3rd week with our foster dog, a black shiba inu. He is pretty cute and pretty laid back, which makes it really easy. Your post-surgery rehab sounds like you are doing really well. I'll keep your advice about keeping check-ins daily, even if it is just the essentials. Sometimes I get in the mindset that I won't get full participation points for the day without personal.

Yesterday's/Today’s Essentials:
Weigh-in: +/- 0 lbs.
Read Advantage Cards two times: no
Read Response Cards at least two times: no
Ate slowly, sitting down, noticing every bite: 2/3 credit; I was seated, but read or watched TV while I ate; breakfast this morning was just eating though
Gave myself credit when I engaged in helpful eating behaviors: yes
Did spontaneous exercise: no
Did planned exercise: no
Wrote out food plan for tomorrow: no
Tracked today’s food: only breakfast
Left food on my plate: no
Ate only to normal fullness: ehh, I could have done better eating more slowly
Identified and responded to a self-deluding thought: identified, but still ate more of my breakfast treat

Things I'm Most Looking Forward To:
More E-N-E-R-G-Y
Buying stylish, not oversized clothes
Being a healthy role-model for my nephews, students, and godson
Horsebackriding without guilt
Old 01-25-2014, 10:07 AM   #262
Green Tomatoes

S/C/G: 241/maintaining below 170

So, I’m back. I really don’t know why I ever let myself think I’m too busy to post here. It doesn’t really add more than a few minutes to my day and, gradually, my eating erodes until I’m spending more time overeating than I ever spend making a post here. So. I just did the Seven Question Technique. Among many useful results, it pointed to the necessity of making one small post just to have made the first post. Glad to be back! I’m so grateful to all of you for being here for me to come back to!

Visit Joy's Book Blog -- I review cookbooks and diet books most Saturdays!
Old 01-25-2014, 10:15 AM   #263

S/C/G: 194 / ticker / - 5 lbs

Height: 5'7"

Hello Coaches,

What are “personals?”

Day 9 is plan your exercise day. Any easy one for me. I’ve started a couch to 5k type program (iPhone app) where zombies chase and eat you if you don’t speed up enough. (It tracks your speed by an accelerator on the treadmill or gps in the open). Also there is an incredibly amusing and engaging story line to accompany it while you run plus zombie sound effects. I’m being trained by the doctor for Abel township to become a runner for the town, pick up supplies, and the like. In real life, I have knee that I’m babying, so credit for me for taking it very very slowly and cautiously. Also credit for going to the doctor ask about the knee; he diagnosed it as chondromalacia and I have to do a bunch of straight leg lifts. He said 1000 a day but I am assuming he meant as many as I can manage. Said I could keep run/walking though, so I will. Anyway, I do my zombie run every other day and yoga or weights on the off days. For spontaneous exercise I will take the stairs to my 5th floor office. Many people in my building do this so that makes it easier to keep on doing it. I’m also looking forward to getting my fitbit; I think it will encourage me to walk more.

Streak days bed/exercise/diet: 3/13/13. Unfortunately, I took a nap today. But I will at least lie down at 11:00 and listen to my meditation cd.

I really like the list that FutureFitChick posts. It reminds me to think about how I did on those items too. So sorry to hear about your skiing accident. I will think positive thoughts for your surgery. I was going to write about how it makes things harder when you’re physically limited even temporarily, but that doesn’t seem very Beck-ish. So how about it’s great that you’ll have a clear exercise/PT plan, developed by professionals, to get your leg back into shape. It will enforce a pattern of structured exercise time that you can continue to build from.

Maryann: It is very helpful to hear how you handled clothes with your changing size. Especially the part about showing your commitment to never going back.

Credit to nationalparker for both enjoying dinner out and staying on plan. Important to get both happening at once, I should imagine. I’m kind of ashamed to admit that I don’t know what a churro is. Please don’t describe it though – I’m sure it would trigger cravings for me. Love Mexican food and can’t get it very often.

Excellent plan from seadwaters to have a special container of known amount for the nuts. That’s a great idea.

BBE: I find it helpful to hear your thought processes. I feel like I have a hard time identifying sabotaging thoughts since I really try very hard not to think at all when I want stuff my face, you know, before now.

ForMyGirls: Streak-counting helps me too. At least once I get a streak going. It’s not at all motivating in the beginning, for me. If you have an iOS device, Habit List is a really great app.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:33 AM   #264

S/C/G: 173/ 160/ 150

Height: 5'6

Good Morning, Coaches.

Yesterday was quite a journey. Phase two of moving all my craft/sewing yardage was a powerful reminder of all the creative outlets I have loved and of which I sometimes lose track. Beck says we need to get to the business of living even before we have reached our ideal weight. These pursuits remind me there is so much to life other than food. But I will honestly tell you that when I use to "diet" (for the 35 years of my early life) I would think., "Why bother getting out of bed, I can't eat sweets today."

The final phase of clean up was powerful, as well. I went through the boxes of personal memorabilia in the garage. Poignant to see a beautiful little girl (whose kindergarten report card said "what a lovely and bright child, a joy to have in class") to the unkempt, overweight moody youth, and, finally, an obese, depressed teenager. There was no one to show me how to do my hair, how to dress, how to be a girl. There was too much chaos in a family of six kids and two alcoholic parents. By high school, my grades had dropped and I had only one close friend. I saw her summer letters to me and I cried. She passed away at 43. I will have to sit awhile with all this and have compassion for myself. But I came to realize last night that although I "felt" I was completely isolated (just me and my food) there was evidence in all the boxes of people loving me the best they could. I am so grateful that I have learned in my adult years to accept and feel that love. This is my biggest credit of all.

I have weeded through it all and have put the remaining into the bench my father made. I have sent my grandfather's quilt to be clean and I will have it restored. I will clean the house today and take tomorrow off. Food OP yesterday although the scale did not agree. Plan for today is a Pilates routine.

AZtricia: love the ticker
nationalparker: 168.8 feels very far away from "the wall" of 170. Terrific job. Over 10 pounds lost. that is a clothing size.
seadwaters: I think I wrote to you before about my dream to live in a studio in a bustling city. Not much chance with my beloved farmer husband and 1,00 acres of land. I live vicariously thru you.
BBE: I am always amazed how little most men think about clothes. I guess you fill up the time with catalytic coverters ( whatever that is)>
ForMyGirls: Wallowing is just sometimes a part of this journey. Glad you are back on track.
Gardenerjoy: I was thinking about you this morning, wondering where you were. A blog is such an odd platform for connection. I feel I know so much about everybody - I certainly know more about the posters' lives, fears, loves etc. . . than I know about my co workers'. Yet if a person disappears, they are gone forever with no way to track or pursue. I suppose the anonymity is what lets people open up. I find my 12 step meeting the same way - except of course I know where people live.

FutureFitChick: Thanks for reminding me "No Choice"

Flnu: A personal is a specific response to a poster.

Last edited by maryann : 01-25-2014 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:29 PM   #265

S/C/G: 299/286/170

Good morning Coaches!!

Hope everyone doing well. Have not had time yet to read the last 2 weeks of posts but hope to tonight.

I am back from 2 weeks holiday visiting family and friends. It was so wonderful to reconnect with friends that I have known most of my life. Although we don't live close, we stay close. It is one of the great joys of my life to know such lovely people. I came home with my heart full.

I am happy to report that I practised my Beck skills and did not gain any weight on the holiday. This is a first for me. I stuck to 3 meals and 1 snack per day and avoided sugar. I ate sitting down and tried to eat slowly. I mostly made the socializing about the people, not the food. I planned as much as I could and when I couldn't plan I stayed away from sugar and excessive carbs. When the food was not ideal, I ate less. I kept up with arm/shoulder exercises and read my advantage and response cards. I can't tell you what it means to me to be actually able to put these skills to a huge test and come out on top.

Credit today for:
-riding exercise bike
-reading response and advantage cards
-weighing myself
-doing arm/shoulder exercises
-planning food for the day
-checking in with my coaches.

Regroup: May 3, 2014

Goal #1 Lose 5 pounds (292) done May 10, 2014
Goal #2 Lose 5 more pounds (287) done June 4, 2014
Goal #3 Lose 5 more pounds (282)

One for every 5 pounds:
Old 01-25-2014, 07:47 PM   #266
Healthy Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 260/ticker/...-1 more pound

Height: 5'6"

Hello coaches. I think dh has shared his cold w/ me
Funny high NQ item from diet power today is and ENTIRE 2 pound head of cabbage, raw! I don't even want to imagine what would happen if I ate that.
Cooking two chickens on the rotisserie on our grill, that will give lots of healthy leftovers as well as provide some home made broth when they are de-boned, which I think all of us sickos are going to need. My middle son is ill too.
Eating OP, Exercise OP, doing well with giving emotional credit

Still not doing well with ARC card, but I do think of the benefits...don't have a plan yet for reading them that has worked. Right now there is one by my toothpaste and one in my purse, recommendations welcomed!

nationalparker Hot tea helps me too sometimes. I love the cinnamon apple as it is a bit like dessert. So glad you were able to share your churros with dh. Frozen drains are such a pain!

seadwaters Hope you are doing better with the spiced nuts. What spices do you like on them? WhooHoo for five lost! Hope you are able to figue a plan for dealing with eating out with your special friends.

BillBlueEyes Yeah for your continued streak. Your continued resistance to temptations is a great encouragement. Hurray for inexpensive car fixes!

ForMyGirls Good job for recognizing off track and not allowing it to become catastrophic.

FutureFitChick
Good to see you and contrats for posting.

gardenerjoy Glad you are back. Hope you are encouraged to stick with the Beck tasks.

flnu LOL to zombies chasing you! Ewww!!

Maryann Thanks for sharing how you handled clothes as you lost weight. I didn't have a good plan yet and some of my pants are really bugging me, but I did not want to get the next size down as I still have the "2 sizes down." What did I do in between on the way up???? Who knows? I've definitely had the messed up thinking about the importance of sweets, I loved reading about how you are making more out of your life with your creativity with less focus on food. So sorry to hear about your tough teen years. I had some mess-up psychologically and isolation earlier in life...looking with hope to reaching accepting love from others, which I still struggle with sometimes. Looking forward to researching Project 333 as my wardrobe needs help!

bethFromDayton Hope it has warmed up enough for you to get a little extra exercise

FutureFitChick
Hope you can find a rhythm to your life emphasizing success, remember slower is better! Hope your surgery goes well.

CeeJay Welcome back from your holiday. HURRAY for Beck skills on vacation and no weight gain....you are a huge encouragement to me and I look forward to being able to do that too.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:51 PM   #267
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 179/161/150

Height: 5-4

Some powerful reading here. Good to see GardenerJoy and CeeJay back in the thread and major credits to you, CeeJay for a two-week holiday without weight gain! YAY!

Maryann - You have given me a few things to think about with your last few posts. I tend to not hold onto things that aren't of use, and my mom had the routine of always claring out 10 items every weekend - it could be 10 used paperback books, 10 items of clothing, etc., so I adopted that years ago and it's served me well. Some weekends it's much more - but lately I find myself struggling to get rid of clothing that I LOVE that doesn't fit me at this weight. I am giving it this last year - 2014. If I don't get into them by the end of the year, they're going out. Just classic pieces from Loft, etc. nothing super fancy, but items that I felt good in, and looked nice for work. I'm getting rid of the guilt that is attached to that closet. I'll either fit into them, or they'll be gone and I have more space for whatever.

Food has not been on plan, but within my calorie limits by again eating half of my dinner. We have ample leftovers for the next few days I think.

Bill - A relief to have the car pass inspection, I am sure. I have to ask if it's a Corolla or a Camry. I've had both and they each went more than 150,000 miles easily, so I suspected it was one of those two

FutureFitChick - Credits for checking the calories in the meal right after and not waiting until day's end for the surprises. Good job!
Old 01-26-2014, 12:24 AM   #268

S/C/G: 106.4/ticker/65 (kg)

Height: 169cm

Default A rave about straw baling

Hello coaches,

A while ago I promised (threatened?) Bill I would do a rave about straw bale houses when I got the chance.

It is (at least at this point) a bit of a theoretical love for me but my partner has actually been in straw bale houses and raves about them. There is a straw bale B&B we hope to stay in for a holiday soon so hopefully the reality will match the dream :-)

Basically the deal (as I understand it) is that your external walls are built out of bales of straw. The straw bales are then rendered to create a solid and weather proof finish. (They end up looking a lot like an Adobe house). Internal walls can be straw bale, or other materials.

The things that excite me about it are:
- it is incredibly insulating. Apparently the R# that is used to measure insulation in Australia is different to the US (sort of like the centrigrade / fahrenheit thing) but speaking in Aussie numbers straw bale homes have a rating of R8-R10 whereas just about anything else (including mud brick, insulated concrete forms etc) max out at about R2 - so basically you have a very temperature controlled home without any other insulation. If you then make sure that there are heat sink materials such as earthen or slate floors in your home you can live with minimal heating or cooling.
- they are very fire resistant (a surprise given they are straw - but apparently it takes a very long time for the render to burn and if the fire does get through to the straw it smoulders rather than igniting, which means the house burns more slowly, giving more time for the fire to be put out) - fire resistance is pretty crucial if building in the Aussie bush!
- the walls are very thick so your house is full of window seats and deep window shelves - you can also create cavities in the walls for displaying photos, art work etc - this is probably my favourite thing about them
- you can 'carve' the walls to pretty much any shape you want which enables lots of gentle rounded edges and surfaces (which I like)
- they are very environmentally sound - I read somewhere that the straw in the straw bales is material that is usually thrown away (apparently not the part that straw is usually used for - though I can't remember what straw is usually used for!) - plus if the house is pulled down one day most of the materials are biodegradable
- a lot of straw bale homes are built in a fairly communal way - some people build their own straw bale homes - or if you use a builder they will often let you do some of the labour yourself (keeping down costs and giving that glorious "I built this" feeling) - builders also often run straw baling workshops on homes they are building where people who want to build their own can come and learn how to do it by working on your house.

Lovely to dream about :-)

Mini-goal 1 = 103.4 Mini-goal 2 = 100.4 Mini-goal 3 = 97.4 Mini-goal 4 = 94.4 Mini-goal 5 = 91.4 : Mini-goal 5 = 88.4
Old 01-26-2014, 05:45 AM   #269

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5ft3in

Arrow Australia Day

Good evening coaches

I am really disappointed with myself - I went out shopping this morning and to beat the traffic I didn't have breakfast so I was hungry. I arrived at the hardware store and they has a sausage sizzle for the Rural Fire Service (a group I usually support) . And it smelt good. So I had wheat, and unplanned food - and I didn't even enjoy it which is really irritating. I should have said no choice - it is nothing to do with me and moved on. I managed the rest of the day and have come in under calories if I only have what is planned for this evening. It should be OK.

I created a bunch of cultured vegetables this afternoon: tomato sauce, kimchi, mixed veggies, will be interesting to see how they go

Credit for:
Steps over 10,000
Adjusting food to accommodate for "spontaneous" eating for breakfast - I wanted to eat other things but utsed 'NO CHOICE" to help with that
Preparing healthful food
Taking dogs for a walk
Response cards
Checking in here
Weighing in this morning (unchanged)

BillBE - I like the sound of a folk dance as exercise - I am going to have to look at my options over the next few years for retirement. Glad the car is fixed - 5 years sounds like a good temporary fix
FutureFitChick - good grief - I missed the asterisks in your post and hence the news about your accident - nasty injuries. No wonder you have time to access your computer! I guess that means that you don't get to keep the shiba inu? Not sure I could do it but so essential
Gardenerjoy - it is nice that all these people are usually here isn't it! Nice to see you back
FLNU - I see that others have answered your question. It is great isn't it that everyone tries to use stairs now rather than the lift. I like the sound of your zombie app
Maryann - thanks for the role modelling of how to deal with one's wardrobe. I will have to tackle it but there are so many things to throw out and so many gaps that need to be addressed. Sorry to hear about your teenage years. Having parents in that situation would be isolating at best. It is great that you can now recognise that there were people who loved you
Ceejay - so good to see you check in - and huge credit for managing the holidays without weight increase. What a role model! I like "and when the food wasn't ideal I ate less". You provide some great "rules" for holiday eating
Tricia(n AZ) - I would also be interested i the outcome of eating 2 pounds of cabbage. BBQ chicken is a great idea. I used chilli, salt and cumin on my nuts basically

Short Term Goal

Last edited by GosfordGirl : 01-26-2014 at 06:07 AM.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:50 AM   #270

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Sunday

Diet Coaches/Buddies – My walk, CREDIT moi, included a haircut. It's kinda embarrassing how long I let it get before making my way to someplace with scissors. DW and I did the movie August: Osage County with Meryl Streep and Julia Childs both. Glad we saw it even though two hours of intense drug-talking Streep was overwhelming.

My supermarket offered FREE fresh baked Chocolate-chip cookies, FREE hot pizza, and FREE chicken sausages. Just WOW - a hat trick when I turned all three down with the simple, Not about me. I even got a buzz feeling a bit self-righteous - Ouch for that. My late afternoon event spent two hours around a table with food. I wouldn't have time for dinner afterwards before leaving for the movie, so I planned to make my dinner there. First I cut back on lunch to leave some caloric space, then chose only sushi and two rice crackers with blue cheese, leaving behind: hot muffins with unusual spices, a bowl of cashews (tough one for me), and six other cheeses and crackers. (No crudités in sight.) Made it an on-plan day, CREDIT moi, with no snacks inc-ing my streak to 67.

Joy (gardenerjoy) – Super Kudos for grabbing the insight that it starts with just "one small post."

CeeJay - Encouraging tale of a vacation that "made the socializing about the people, not the food." Kudos for working your Beck strategies for the two weeks.

FutureFitChick – Yes, Kudos for posting - with no disclaimers. And Kudos for working the eating-slowly strategy.

maryann - Thanks for sharing the journey of your life as remembered by the box of memorabilia. I'm moved to work on "compassion for myself" as part of accepting my own history.

nationalparker – Eating half of your planned dinner is a good reminder that we have room within normal portions for modification. [It's a Toyota Camry with 141K miles - the mechanic says that it has lots of miles to go.]

ForMyGirls - Yep, Kudos for posting when the bed calls. Now I want me a straw bale house, particularly for the super insulation and castle-deep windows. Neat notion to help others build theirs to learn the skills.

AZtricia - Yay for rotisserie chickens planned for leftovers. It's good to hear that you're doing your own - we fell for the deli versions and have never cleaned up after one since. Ouch for that cold - may it have a short life.

flnu - "Personals" are responses to one person, like this paragraph and like you're already doing. Stairs to your fifth floor office is such a good exercise since you can do it twice a day without thinking about it.

Readers -
Quote:
day 11 Differentiate Between Hunger, Desire, and Cravings

Or think to yourself, I'm not hungry ... I just want to eat more ... But I'm not going to because I don't want to strengthen my giving-in muscle.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 118.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 6 years and 10 months
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.