3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Beck Diet Solution

Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Beck Diet For Life/Solution January 2014 Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 05:29 PM   #166
Healthy Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 260/ticker/...-1 more pound

Height: 5'6"

Hello coaches, Tuesday check-in:
We have now had our newly adopted shelter dog for a week and he finally slept all night, hurray! I took him to the vet today and they verified that if his previous owner cleaned his teeth, he could be well over the 3 years old they said he is. I think he probably is quite a bit older as his joints seem to pain him and he doesn't like his legs to be touched. Oh well, he is super sweet and lovable.
OP for today's eating but need a high protein dinner as I shared taquitos with the boys for lunch. Walked around the block already once, then spent an hour at the drivers bureau waiting for an ID for oldest. Will walk again later, or try my exercise DVD. Doing well and looking forward to one more pound off, but still am unsure how I'll celebrate.

nationalparker Glad to hear you had a good day. LOL about your cats on the yoga mat. I don't have any idea what to do for a reward?!? Maybe something for my kindle? Or some pretty spring flowers? Hmmm, I'm not a movie or nicknack person and can not think of anything else, but I couldn't think of Christmas gift ideas for this year either.

ForMyGirls Great job staying on track! Good for you for making coping strategies. I hope you enjoy your time in foodie heaven with all those gorgeous views! Your bakery choice sounds yum!

maryann Congrats for being proactive to lower your stress. Great job for working through the sugar resistance. Thanks for the quinoa recipe.

bethFromDayton Great job with your OP and even your flexibility, without that ability to substitute rigidity can be the cause of giving up. Great job planning ahead for the restaurant and so many lunches/snacks. Hope you enjoy the group exercise. I'm in Tucson, grew up in the Phoenix valley and still have family there.

seadwaters Congrats for breakfast OP even though you were out. I think if we all really get the Beck goals that we will be able to have some spontaneity as long as we remember to stop when full and eat reasonable selections based on what we've learned losing the weight. I have already noticed an adjustment in myself of expected portion size and decline in sugar craving, so I intend to reach a place where eating healthfully and exercise is natural. Not that I won't have to watch the scale & clothing sizes and track myself occasionally, but I fully expect to make my lifestyle into a "thin person" lifestyle and not have to dwell on food choices. Sorry to hear about your colleague, definitely disturbing and I hope that you are able to get positive changes in your life through this circumstance. Great job on the extra steps. As far as the dill pickles, I'd like to try them but am concerned that they would be missing the "dill" flavor and we didn't enjoy the fermented kraut I bought. I appreciate knowing what site you used to get a good result, I should be able to get starters from my food coop.

BillBlueEyes Great job on 55. LOL about the orange, I bought a sack that wasn't so good and ended up throwing it away and buying fresher. That is a good thought about satisfaction related to eating, tasty is definitely more satisfying. I had Trader Joe's green salsa at lunch, we love TJ's! It is difficult to come up with a non-food reward!! Obviously and area for improvement for me.

Lexxiss Congrats for your first winter w/o weight gain, that is just, WOW! And great job on losing another size. It is awesome that your home is now a safe food enviornment for you!

gardenerjoy LOL about your nephew eating all the chips. Sounds like you had a great day.

LoseToAll Congrats for planned food & walking , and especially for learing "oh well "and letting things go.

nationalparker Hope you are able to find a great gift for dh. When is your cruise? Thin skin on oranges is not usually the best. They need to feel heavy for their size, smell yum @ the naval, have evenly colored peel that feels solidly attached (firm) all over. The best of course are from a local orchard but this time of year oranges are in season and it should be easy to find a good one.

pamatga Thanks for the coffee I hope you are feeling much better! Please don't let .8 lbs discourage you, as the numbers on the scale are so variable. Just stick with it, the only ones who don't reach their goal are those who quit. So good to hear your dh is wanting to exercise with you, that will be so helpful to you both. I love your encouragement that "just because we do or did things a certain way in the present/past doesn't mean that we always have to do that". LOL about "pizza-intolerant"! One of my mentor's favorite words was balance, and I can really see the wisdom in her perspective. Good luck with your pre-move purge. I think 1/2 servings are a great idea and will have to remember that for high fat/calorie items.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:55 PM   #167

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5ft3in

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZtricia View Post
seadwaters ... As far as the dill pickles, I'd like to try them but am concerned that they would be missing the "dill" flavor and we didn't enjoy the fermented kraut I bought...
AZtricia - I should say that her recipe for dill pickles is far more straight forward than the kefirs and the krauts - and they definitely taste dilly (given I put in rather a lot). I think it is worth looking at the website for the equipment that works best - I was always a bit dubious about some of the other methods and she might even have the dill pickles recipe and method on the site (just checked and she doesn't). But it is the equipment you need - after that it is just making a saline solution and throwing it all together for the right amount of time - once you are sorted with the equipment I will send you the method if you like but don't want to kill you with a bad ferment

Short Term Goal

Last edited by GosfordGirl : 01-16-2014 at 02:24 AM.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:26 PM   #168
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 179/160/150

Height: 5-4

Work stayed busy, but able to head out on time. Got home quite hungry, and immediately started making my salad dressing so it could cool a bit before using. Made a large tropical spinach salad, and forgot the almonds on it, but used more mandarin oranges than usual. I'll survive that excess.

Day 11 for me. I counted myself as staying on program the day I ate earlier and got so mental about it. Able to stay within calories, and kept on going ... so this my longest streak so far.

A bit frustrated that the last time I saw the 169s was Dec. 30 - and since then I have been 95% on track ... and still its return is elusive. Ended up journaling about the slowness of my progress. I wantmto hit Feb. 1 at 167 and with 650 minutes of activity under my belt, starting tomorrow.

AZTricia - are you a baths person? Bubble bath for a reward? I love that myself, if only to warm my frozen feet and limbs. Or a new luxurious shower gel or lotion?
Old 01-14-2014, 10:55 PM   #169
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/197/175

Height: 5'2"

Hi all,

My streak is now at 7 weeks--35 days of recording everything.

Today I stayed OP even though other options smelled really good when we got to the restaurant--and I was hungry. I told myself "no choice" and didn't snack on any of the offered appetizers others ordered and ordered just what I had planned. I ate every bite :-). Dinner out meant skipping my evening snack and that was easy.

As for exercise, I am starting a class at work tomorrow--I'm excited to see how it goes. (Background note: I used to walk 20 minutes at a time, two times a day, on work days. When I changed jobs in September I never got into a new routine.)

I'm not quite ready to update my ticker, but I was 2.6 lbs below it this morning. If that 'sticks', I'll update it tomorrow. This is the lowest weight I've been in I don't even know how long.

nationalparker: A tropical spinach salad sounds amazing. (I need to make my own salad dressings--people share recipes. I have the best of intentions. It doesn't happen.) Congrats on 11 days! You are leading--the scale will follow!

AZtricia: I'm sur eyou loved getting some sleep! Big credit for adjusting to portion size and sugar limits! (I asked where because I used to live in Tucson, in Indian Ridge off of Tanque Verde--this time of year I really miss it!)

onebyone: It's understandable that you'd be annoyed by that woman. There are people who think "If it's not perfect, it's not worth doing"--and they don't mind making their view clear to others. They're wrong. "Better" is worth doing even if it's not perfect--and you are moving and working on it--that's better--and it's something to be proud of!

pamatga: Credit for honesty on weigh-in. It's just information--but that doesn't make it easy!

LoseToAll: Lots of credits today--and more for checking even on the busy-ness day of the first day of classes!

gardenerjoy: Big credit for counting to 6! Balancing no snacks against bigger meals sounds like a win.

Lexxiss: Congrats for a winter where you've not gained weight! That's awesome! (The pineapple is great this time of year!)

BillBE: Did you get your pecans? That's a really interesting observation about thinking about how good something is vs. wanting another one--it's a change in focus of thought. Thank you.

ForMyGirls: Huge humongous credits for selecting a devine savoury item at the most amazing bakery. It sounds as if it was a good choice, plan wise, and a good choice, satisfaction wise!!

seadwaters: I think there as many approaches to balancing planning and spontaneity as there are people. Once we get to maintenance, I guess we'll all figure out what works best for us by trial and error. I'm assuming that planning, at some level, will be essential for me. Big credit for your steps and thoughtful consideration of healthful living!!

I need to go pack my gym bag before bed. I might be turning back into one of those people who pack a gym bag--haven't done that in many years.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:54 AM   #170

Default Wednesday night (birthday night)

Hi coaches
I find the period of time between Christmas and my birthday quite difficult for all sorts of reasons. This year it was not too bad but I am glad that after today is finished it is over for the year and it is all a new start tomorrow. Maybe I should set my NYD as the day after my birthday.

I had a plan about where I was going for lunch and went there - overall the damage wasn't too bad but totally impossible to log on MFP so not sure what the damage was - i did go way over on sugar but it was my birthday so...

I go back to work next week after summer vacation so need to think about structure for meals and lunches so I don't find myself unprepared. It will be strange to be there without my workmate who is progressing well and rang today to say he is in rehab so he will progress. Good thing he has about 28 years of accumulated unused sick leave! One of the benefits of the job - one that I have had to use in the last few years

Credit for:
Doing steps and walking dogs a little further than usual - in heat!
Not eating even more than I did at lunch and dinner for birthday
That's about it today!

I will log off because I am running out of time before dinner. I have read all your posts and thanks for listening coaches

Short Term Goal

Old 01-15-2014, 05:57 AM   #171

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Wednesday

Diet Coaches/Buddies Did gym, CREDIT moi, including a short bit of Tango moves in my group class. The leader is an avid dancer and seems to wish that we were a dance class, LOL. If I made all the parts of my body move like she's moving hers, I'd be Adonis.

Continued on my eating plan, CREDIT moi, including snacks so my streak is 56. I suggested throwing out the shriveled looking oranges in the back of the fruit drawer in the fridge but DW cut them open and showed me that they were still good. So I had a condemned orange for evening snack. I won't buy the new good ones until there are none hanging around here. One problem with sane eating is that food lingers about. Before my journey, nothing hung around - I gobbled anything visible. Sure helped with turnover.

onebyone Ouch for a paid trainer with such an awful bedside manner. Nope, a 165 pound body doesn't have the muscles of 265 pound one. It was shocking to me to learn that my body loses muscle and bone along with the fat - helped me understand why heart doctors are so concerned with losing more than 2-3 pounds per week since part of every loss is coming from heart muscle. Crabby comes and crabby goes.

Joy (gardenerjoy) I am so stealing your idea of counting tortilla chips at a Mexican restaurant.

Debbie (Lexxiss) Love it, "The food we eat is here...the food we don't eat isn't."

Cheryl (seadwaters) Happy Birthday. Ouch for having to work without your workmate. Kudos for the extra walking despite the heat.

Pam (pamatga) Ouch for influenza; Yay for some good nights of sleep. Super Kudos for responding to your novena.

nationalparker LOL at "s-l-o-w-l-y move onto the scale so as to not shock it and punish me" - BTDT. Kudos for streaking to eleven days on plan. (Had to google tropical spinach salad since I was stuck trying to visualize a type of spinach named 'tropical' LOL.) [I don't select oranges; if it's the season to buy, I grab the top bag of 10.]

Beth (bethFromDayton) Yay for "no choice" doing its thing. [Getting pecans is still on my To-Do list; I'll continue using trail mix until I can get me to Trader Joe's.]

LoseToAll - Kudos for acknowledging anxiety so that you can devise strategies to push through it.

AZtricia - Congrats for having raised boys to enter their driving years - along with sympathy for the tensions that parents feel with that transition. (Had to google taquitos - now I'm drooling.)

Readers -
Quote:
day 10 Set a Realistic Goal

What is your goal?
One woman I counseled bought an inexpensive charm for her charm bracelet every time she reached a new 5-pound goal. Consider indulging yourself in some non-food related way - with a tennis lesson or a massage, for example. It's important to celebrate your small successes along the way, rather than waiting until you've lost a lot of weight to feel good about your efforts.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 113.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 6 years and 11 months
Old 01-15-2014, 07:34 AM   #172

S/C/G: 106.4/ticker/?? (kg)

Height: 169cm

Hello coaches,

A close to on plan day today - about 100 calories over (the maintenance calories that is!) Not perfect but i am OK with it as it wasn't off plan enough to do serious damage.

Credits: not joining in on snacks kids were having this morning, even after being offered with a seven year old saying "but i want you to have some"; remembering Joy's "alcohol or dessert" rule and opting out of a beer at a family dinner tonight; doing well in guiding my kids' choices today.

Having such a lovely time on our holiday. A day of varied and delightful experiences.

BBE - straw baling in this region is not common, but not trailblazing either - there are enough that there is a dedicated straw baler in a region with a population of about half a million - but uncommon enough that there is only one such builder! Do you see straw bale homes in your corner of the world?

Onebyone - your depiction of the trainer at the gym sooooo resonated with me. I had a very slim friend years ago who made the stunningly helpful observation one time when we were walking together and i was huffing and puffing away, that "you are working so much harder than me - if i was carrying a 30kg pack i'd be far more out of breath than you are right now". If only personal trainers could understand that and give us all the credit we deserve!

Part 1 July 2013 106.4kg to Feb 2014 90.4kg Part 2 Aug 2014 97.3kg to ??

Mini-goal 1: 95.6
Old 01-15-2014, 08:39 AM   #173
move

S/C/G: 291/279.3 lastweek/275.25 now

Height: 5' 6"

Thumbs up gym today

Hi Coaches

This morning I am off to do inventory at the guild craft gallery and then the ladies will want to go for Vietnamese noodle soup lunch and then I am going to go to the gym. I'm going to do my weight workout today. After that I'll probably want to sleep until I go get DH from work, (or maybe not!), but I don't have much else planned for today. I guess I am giving creativity a rest today.

Foodwise it will be an OP day.

Bye for now.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:36 AM   #174
Healthy Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 260/ticker/...-1 more pound

Height: 5'6"

Good morning coaches, mid-week checkin. Two nights sleep for pup, hurray! Hoping this is a habbit. Unfortunately, he has kennel cough from the shelter...vet gave antibiotics for the respritory infection. Just realized today when logging b-fast that my current weight is 10% lower than my starting point, so hurray for reaching that healthier me. Eating OP going well. Plan to exercise today while the boys swim, then run errands. I need to pick up supplies for nametags for a ladies tea.

seadwaters Thanks for the pickle info. Will look into jars today, our coop may sell them. Happy Birthday! Great job for walking even though it was hot.

nationalparker Congrats on your longest streak. I don't often take baths as our tub is short for me, but I do like to soak my feet...perhaps it's pedicure time. Thanks for the ideas!

bethFromDayton Seven weeks, wow! Great job on tracking and for staying on plan despite temptation and hunger. Hope you are able to find a new exercise routine. Congrats on the new low weight. Interesting that you use to live here, my friends lived near your old home, off Cloud...but now are in Missouri. We live way SE.

BillBlueEyes LOL about Adonis, and credit for trying to follow the moves. I have two left feet and can NOT dance. Sounds like buying in smaller quantities will help with freshness now that you are limiting your eating. One thing my boys have enjoyed with oranges might work for the older ones for you if they still have flavor. It is kind of a healthy orange julius. In a blender combine 1/2 c plain fat free yogurt, about 1/3 of the zest of an orange, the orange slices (minus any seeds), a couple drops of vanilla, and a couple drops of stevia or 1/3 of a banana for sweetness (or both if you want a dessert type snack). My guys have been having it as a pre-swim snack. And the taquitos are not worth drooling over until dipped in the TJ green salsa, they are chicken and quite bland.

ForMyGirls Great job for resisting your 7 yo and staying near maintenance.

onebyone Hope you enjoyed your lunch out with the ladies and had a great workout. That trainer stinks, I hate dealing with sales people like that as all they can think about is their own pockets. Sorry you had to deal with her.

Last edited by AZtricia : 01-15-2014 at 11:42 AM.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:26 PM   #175
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

onebyone. You have inspired me. When I lose my 5 lb goal I am going to go to a movie. I am hoping for the end of the month, but I have been up and down on the scale. The trainer story is my nightmare. I would have cried. You are so strong. Exercising in front of others causes me anxiety. And if I had to talk to that lady with her knowing my weight and her attitude I would never go back. I am glad the trainer is different.

This week pizza has been my downfall. Yesterday I planned for one piece of pizza but had two. I wasn't even hungry for it but it tasted so good. Went 400 calories over.

Credits. Yesterday parked on outside of campus and walked in. Checked in here. Read ARC. Planned today's food. Weighed self and recorded weight even though I didn't want to.

Love reading all your posts. Thanks for listening.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:16 PM   #176
Enjoying la bella vita

Happy Hump Day - I'm on Day 12 and took a lower-calorie soup for lunch, thinking about the broth filling me up. We'll see how long it sticks. I also brought a banana for an afternoon snack if needed. DH's last night of working nights this go-'round is tonight. I have slept well. He's a snuggler and I'm apparently the anti-snuggler, as he says, so only having a cat in bed with me has been restful. Luxuriated in watching Downton Abbey in bed last night - but not as into this season so far. If I'd just started watching it now, I'd not continue, but I do like Maggie Smith and the costuming. That's the one tv show that I try to watch each week.

Not to be scared off by this scale this morning, I decided on a showdown - I will get on it every day until I see the new decade of numbers. Still hovering above the 169s at 170.4. Now I've convinced myself that I will see that "whoosh" that others rejoice in.

Seadwaters - Happy Birthday greetings your way as well, though I figure by the time you're reading this, it's your new "New Year's Day"

Bill - Love your line about the group class. You're a braver soul than I - I am terrified of dancing in public and we didn't even have dancing at our reception. I dance in the living room with my dog leaping about like a fool. Well, one of us looks a fool and it might not be her My tropical spinach salad is my own way to fancy up spinach, mandarin oranges, a bit of dried coconut from Trader Joes, crumbled turkey bacon, and sliced almonds which I forgot. The dressing is not light - red wine vinegar, water, oil and sugar, but each time I add more water and vinegar and less of the other two, and it's still good. Not sure how crumbled turkey bacon can be tropical, but ...

LoseToAll - I can completely relate with pizza - I could eat it three meals a day.

Beth - SEVEN weeks - a commendable feat. Great job! Looking forward to hearing how the workout went today. I hope you post while still on the "high" to get me motivated
Old 01-15-2014, 08:47 PM   #177
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/197/175

Height: 5'2"

Hi all,

Food was 10 calories over today, but I'm counting that as "in the noise" and OP.

I now know more about the workout classes at work. The trainer comes MWF, and does individual training, and also does a class each of those days. Monday is kickboxing, Wednesday is Pilates, and Friday is circuit training.

The pilates kicked my abs today. She was really good and kept an eye on me and my form. My form started out pretty good but really deteriorated, especially at the very end. I definitely modified lots of the moves, but I pretty much kept up.

Next class is the circuit training on Friday, so I'll be doing that!

I haven't entered tomorrow's meals yet, but I've already got them planned (thank goodness for doing that on Sunday night!)

seadwaters: Happy birthday! Do you have any thoughts on your lunches? I am boring (lots of frozen entrees with a side of either fruit or veggies w/hummus), but it keeps me in calorie range. What do you like to do?

BillBE: I opened a condemned orange the other day--took the time to peel it and everything--and it was horrid. I tossed it after one bite. 8 week streak--that's awesome!

ForMyGirls: Sounds like you're doing great with your holiday eating--even when it's a 7 year old being the food pusher!

onebyone: Credit for the gym plan!

AZtricia: Huge congrats for the 10% gone--that's a huge number in terms of improved health!

LoseToAll: You have lots of credits--and weighing and checking in when it's hard deserves a lot of credit!

nationalparker: How did the soup go, in terms of filling you up? A banana is a great backup plan--and it's better to have one with you rather than find yourself looking around. Credit for the scale approach--you can do this!

My new response card (thanks, BillBE!)

Quote:
After eating something tasty, I should reflect on how good it was and how much I enjoyed it (as opposed to just wanting more)
Savor the moment!
Old 01-15-2014, 10:38 PM   #178

S/C/G: 150/Ticker/130

Height: 5'5

Hi guys,
Just started this program. On my third day so far. Have been sticking to my no-sugar, gluten free diet so far. I've realized that I feel infinitely better when I avoid those two things. Have also been giving myself credit every time I sit down to eat and eat slowly, which is huge for me. About to choose an exercise program. Love the program so far!

Last edited by MermaidAtSea : 01-15-2014 at 10:46 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:50 PM   #179
Enjoying la bella vita

Welcome, MermaidAtSea! Congrats for figuring out what makes YOU feel better - good job! Look forward to learning more about what challenges you face and share your tips with us, as well!
Old 01-16-2014, 03:13 AM   #180

Default "New Year's Day" - Thursday

Coaches/diet Buddies

I had a good 'New Years Day" following the completion of the Christmas to birthday cycle. Once I looked at my biorhythms (not sure if they are anything to take notice of at all!) and they all plummet at that time of year so hopefully I am now in an up phase.

Today I read a phrase about swapping the witch for the b***ch, discussing going on a gluten free diet and including all the gluten free but highly processed, high carbohydrate substitutes - fabulous saying. I related it to using Atkins low carb bars (totally overprocessed) for snacks instead of more healthful fruits and nuts etc. So I will ditch the witch and the b**ch when they are finished and settle on low GI fruits and nuts

Credit for:[list]
* 7700 steps (5.3 km) at 5pm with more to do just to prepare dinner
* Walking the dogs further than usual this morning (went a mystery route)
* Having a sensible plan for food today and sticking to it
* Logging all my food today and also attempting to log food for yesterday (which was illuminating) when I didn't really know values for the lunch time meal
* Giving away beer so that I could have the Grolsch swing top bottles to store my fermented drinks in! (it was cheaper to buy them with beer in them than to get them on ebay )- I am trying to entice the neighbours to drink them. I can't see myself drinking 12 bottles of beer

ForMyGIrls - Credit for doing it so well on holidays - below maintenance calories! Nice to see the phrase "mindful eating" - encourages me to think more about what I am doing. Credit for resisting kids enticements to go off plan and providing a great model
BillBlueEye - yes medical events do happen to the fit indeed, but strokes are closely related to some of the important parameters of fitness which I had expected in someone like my colleague to be pretty fine. It seems it is still important to stay fit and well but be aware of any sneaky risk factors. I think I would be putting the oranges in the compost (even though the worms hate citrus).
Debbie(Lexxiss) - I do think I am getting smaller, especially when recently I did all my measurements for my 2014 spreadsheet, but I so want to see it on the scales - even if it is just data it is flatline data that I am sick of seeing! I agree - it will come off eventually. I have lost over 40 pounds over the last 3 years but it is S.L.O.W. I lose about 1lb per month - honestly!
Nationalparker - LOL at stepping very slowly onto the scale so it won't punish you - I can so relate to that. Tropical spinache salad sounds yum - especially in our current tropical temperatures. Will have a go at it. Hope you see 169 real soon and LOL at the scale showdown - good luck with that :-)
Pamatga - good to see you back. Hope your flu is better. LOL that stressed is desserts backwards - I agree that it has a similar effect
AZtricia - Glad the pup is settling and letting you sleep for a few nights. Yay for 10% lighter! Something to celebrate. Good ideas about a thin person lifestyle. I often think about that idea of whether there are really naturally thin people out there. Until I was 35 I never thought about food or my weight - I was just thin and healthy. I had never had to consciously think about what I stuck in my mouth. So it was interesting as I got bigger to experience life as an overweight person with that mindset. But I don't think I had a thin mindset - I just didn't eat much - 1 meal a day sort of thing
Beth(fromDayton) - you are doing great on recording everything - it is really helpful isn't it? Great success at the restaurant with 'no choice' on the appetizers (I am just realising that in the US the appetiser is what we call the entree, and the entree for you is what we call the main meal). The exercise classes sound great and really accessible -YAY for doing it. My everyday lunch at work is very boring - usually a salad of lettuce, peppers, tomato and cucumber, with avocado, tuna and dressing. The cafeteria will do a naked burger with a pattie and salad and when desparate I do that. I also try for leftovers by doing twice as much for dinner
Onebyone - enjoy your gym session. That trainer was out of line. They are all nuts and totally focussed on a standard approach to things without understanding the nuances of individual circumstances. I stay well away
LoseToAll - ouch for Pizza - I think it is many people's downfall - it is certainly mine. Good to recognise you might need to avoid it
MermaidAtSea - WELCOME - glad that you have been following the program and getting a lot from it. I look forward to seeing how you are going

Short Term Goal

Last edited by GosfordGirl : 01-16-2014 at 05:23 AM.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.