3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Beck Diet Solution

Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 01:59 PM   #196
Simply Filling Technique

Smile Day 37: Reduce Stress

Day 37: Reduce Stress: Again, as I said in the beginning as I was working through this book that what I consider the easier days like sitting down when eating, eating mindfully and slowly and even eating out I have down pat; which I am grateful for because it is days like this which say it all why I am still messing around in the same weight range for so long this past year.

There are different kinds of stress and I have been through most "types" for the past year. I have learned that some were simply not well-planned for, some I just plain didn't see coming (and again maybe I need to plan for more worst case scenarios in my life moving forward) and some are always there and I just need to get used to it.

What drives this mule (stress) for me is money and how it impacts my ability to have the kinds of foods/supplements that I feel that I need to lose weight. I may be taking a perfectionist (that old friend of mine) approach to weight loss but I have learned in the past year is that in order for me to lose weight that I did was to have a fairly tight structure in place at all times. When elements of that are not in place, then it starts to unravel until it is nearly back to where I was before I had all of the structure in place. Exercise was one of them. Having the right kinds of foods (some which can be costly at times when our income can and is so uncertain) is another one.

I am not sure if it is my age (I am 60) or "what" but I have found that losing weight this past year (20+ lbs. that I have managed to keep off since March) has really been hard on me physically. I discovered (by accident) some fantastic multi-vitamins for WLS patients(even though I have never had that done) but which I ran out some time this past summer. I reordered them today and they will arrive by the New Years. During the time that I was taking them plus drinking a daily protein shake I was able to keep up with my 6 day a week workouts as well as stay on my food plan. Without those supplements I find myself crashing by mid-day with little or no energy. I still am menstruating and I am sure that I might be low on iron although it is not recommended that older people take iron since their bodies can't absorb it so I haven't been taking it and that might be part of the problem too.

And, I always have to choose between working out or getting some of these projects around here completed. I have not had the energy to do both on the same given day. This has been a persistent problem for the past 9 months.

So, since I have decided to work on packing up as much as I can while I am "in the mood", I have not exercised this past week. If I don't exercise the scales do not budge, not even a smidgen, no matter how careful I adhere to my food plan. I haven't been able to lose weight by diet alone in years. I figured that it is because of the metabolism disorder plus aging. It is what it is. Since I do want to finish this packing "business" I am willing to accept this temporary situation. However, I do plan on resuming my working out within the next week so I start out the New Year 'hitting the ground running'. Joy, I will be on the lookout for the thread. Thanks for the tip.

Well, I have four more days of the original plan as outlined by Dr. Beck. I will say, in all honesty, that I know that I have my work cut out for me this coming year. I know that learning to deal with stress more effectively will be top of the list for me for being OP. I have already had several days of "sitting with hunger" so that is another thing that I am just going to have to make peace with if I truly want to stay within my caloric range.

My Christmas gift to myself today was: products from that WLS company: multi-vitamins, calcium supplments and other food-related products. I want to start the New Year out on the right foot.

I won't do personals today since I know my posts get to be long and since I now post regularly on several threads here on 3FC it can be time-consuming to say the least.

Great Job on seeing the scales go down, ForMyGirls.

Great Job on the continuing streaking BBE

Great Planning maryann (I do the same and have for a couple of years). I always have sandwiches baggies stuffed in my pockets or purse too.

I am excited and looking forward to 2014. I hope everyone else is as well.

Take care, Pam

Last edited by pamatga; 12-19-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:25 PM   #197
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: high water mark/working on it

Height: 5-4

Good day. I had typed and then backspaced over the "so far"... it IS a good day. Walked downtown to the mall with a couple of coworkers to do an exchange that was mailorder, and the suggestion to stop for lunch was made. I chose grilled chicken nuggets from ChickFilA and brought them back, since the lunch I had grabbed was a 200-calorie bag of dry cereal and figured I'd snag a grapefruit as well. I'm pleased that I found some low calorie protein. Got in a two-mile walk as well, with the temps above freezing for a change.

Yesterday I fell on the ice and luckily was wearing one of DH's old coats, so was buffered with that, but my hand and knee took the brunt. I blew partway through the knee of a pair of Levi's and am more upset about that.

DH has to work now through Sunday, and we head out on Monday for my folks in Florida.

Streak = 2 so far and with a good night tonight, it'll be 3.

So close ... now so far!
Old 12-19-2013, 09:32 PM   #198
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Coaches!

Kudos to all! When I read posts, I hear planning, mindfulness, resistance and continuing motivation to work Beck's program even during the holidays! It is such a collective strategy for success and we accomplish this together!

My days remain extremely busy! Project-wise, I have a renter for the property we're working on right now. They'll move in Feb. 1. I have a showing for the one that's finished on Sat. That which I could not imagine accomplishing 2 months ago IS happening "one day at a time". Sounds just like weightloss. Breaking it down day by day makes it so much easier AND it becomes a reality over time.

Foodwise, I continue to fare well. Today I got to remember hunger is not an emergency as my crew headed to Denver for supplies. We didn't expect to be gone so long and lunches were left at site. We all powered through since the only option was fast food. I had a small and sane dinner and will enjoy a planned chocolate bar later. I knew yesterday it was time to plan for it. credit. Still weighing everyday and am comfortable with the number. Even though I was hungry tonight I noticed how slowly I was eating. Credit for practicing healthy behaviors and for recognizing that it comes because I have a willingness to try every day. What a change. I am grateful.

LoseToAll, kudos for powering through your plateau. That is such a skill for long term success.

MaryAnn, great job deleting emails without reading. I really believe that kind of acceptance of the family dramas and the decision not to get involved is such a positive step of growth.

Yay to streakers!

Must go...it's wind down time.

My last 54 pounds lost on SBD My 2014 Beacher Bio!
Old 12-19-2013, 11:15 PM   #199
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone,

I was OP today until after dinner when I had the munchies. I took out and put back an extra sweet snack, but ended up having a small bowl of dry cheerios--I had the munchies so badly--credit for limiting it to that, and credit for logging it all.

Last night, I realized that I needed to deviate from my week's plan--I'd forgotten that I need to leave a day in the schedule for leftovers. At least I didn't have to cook tonight!

I was very hungry at work today--about an hour before my scheduled snack. "Hunger is not an emergency." I have to watch my blood sugar, so it can become an emergency for me, but this wasn't one of those times--I just wanted to eat--it didn't hurt me at all until wait until after 3:00--and I did wait, so credit for that.

It was relatively warm this evening (meaning 40 degrees F), so DH and I went for a walk when I got home from work. I invited him to go with me, but it wasn't dark yet and it was warm, and I'd have gone even if he hadn't gone with me. Credit for my first walk in at least 2 months.

I'm working on figuring out a new exercise plan--slow going, but I'm working on it. One part of my (just developed) plan is that I will walk every evening it is above freezing. When it is below freezing, I just can't convince myself to get out there--but even a few degrees above and that's fine. By giving myself a threshold, there isn't a question of "is it warm enough?"--"warm enough" now has a definition.

I still need to plan tomorrow, but I'll do that when I finish this.

Edited to add: planning done. Streak of logging in MFP now at 8.

Take care, all.

Last edited by bethFromDayton; 12-19-2013 at 11:38 PM.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:32 PM   #200
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: high water mark/working on it

Height: 5-4

Struggling tonight. Came home too hungry after running a few errands. Started dinner and for the first time in about six weeks, I started munching. I had a total of 250 calories of healthy food, but still in between my meal. Realized I'd gone super light today and was legit hungry and it was another two hours before we ate dinner late. Ate less at dinner and still met my calorie target range. Lot of sodium, though.

One more work day and then I'm done for a week and a half. I am ready to be done. Oddly enough, have been getting stuff accomplished, despite my mind being on Christmas chores, errands and biscotti baking.

Why is it, do you think, that if my higher-calorie meal is at lunch, and I go lighter at dinner, I feel successful. But if my higher calorie meal is at night after a light day, that's all I remember?

So close ... now so far!
Old 12-19-2013, 11:57 PM   #201

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5ft3in

Just remembered I hadn't checked in yet for yesterday! I am getting vague with all this holiday preparation

I am planning food well and sticking to it in the main - I did go to a chocolate speciality shop to buy small gifts for colleagues. And as they are totally into the Christmas treat thing I didn't feel as if I was sabotaging their efforts. I did try a few slivers of chocolate which I decided was OK. Not so OK was to eat some of dinner at the sink - so I collected it all together and sat down. I think I under ate a bit so was hungry

At work there were chocolates, and sweets, and cakes everywhere. And every time I was offered something I felt OK about saying no. Mind you they are used to me being on some (what they call) whacko diet. But this time I am actually sticking to it

What I did do at work to avoid cravings and get exercise was do a "faux vending machine run" - a term I believe BBE coined to mean taking a trip round the building as one used to, to visit the vending machines. I did in fact buy a water but that was all and got to walk up and down 2 flights of stairs

Weight still up and down - will have to revisit my plan in the new year - haven't go the will at the moment

Progress
Weight - up 0.4 lb (up and down!) / +1 lb on ticker; 6800/5000 steps; 4.6/3 km; Food - on plan but plan a bit light

Short Term Goal

Old 12-20-2013, 06:58 AM   #202

S/C/G: 106.4/ticker/?? (kg)

Height: 169cm

Hello coaches,

losetoall - delighted to have you on board as a streaker :-)

beth - so funny to hear you speak of it being warm enough to go for a walk. We are in a heat wave here - 37 degrees (98.6 in Fahrenheit) so the challenge is to get out when it is cool enough. Middle of today was that heat that hurts when you breath in!

70 points for the team today. 15 for me :-)

Had a really good moment this afternoon - took the kids for icecreams to celebrate the end of the school year. The kids asked could they have two scoops because it is a special celebration (it only occurs to me now to realise how good it is that there is no expectation of two scoops these days) and my partner said Ok. So then I got all wound up in "cool I can have two scoops" and then suddenly remembered that I had planned for 1 scoop and that this wasn't actually a get out of jail free card. Argument went on in my head for a bit and then suddenly I thought "sabotaging thought" and it was clear as the light of day that one scoop was exactly what I wanted. Hooray.

Spent some time today reading the Pink Beck book (for the purpose of my developing financial responsibility drive) and it was great to see how much of what she talks about is now ingrained where food is concerned. A nice chance to reflect on just how much I have changed my relationship with food already. And nice to think that if I am achieving such deep change with food there is every reason to believe I can make that change with money as well.

Immediate goal - 3kg loss; Long term goal: The Overland Track

Old 12-20-2013, 07:30 AM   #203
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Friday

Diet Coaches/Buddies Lunch with a bunch of old friends provided the challenge that rolls with butter sat on the table for the thirty minutes before lunch arrived. To my left, to my right, across from me - they were being gobbled up. I didn't, CREDIT moi. My order was OK, given that I substituted salad for fried onion rings. Even though it was more calories than what I'd prepare at home, it fit within the expansion I plan for myself when eating out; if I can curb the excesses, then minor extra calories of an entree aren't a concern. Morning and afternoon snacks were skipped; evening snack was an old, mediocre orange. Streak goes to 30.

Exercise was minor adjustments to the already shoveled snow. For a period the sun felt warm. Also walked, CREDIT moi, to the library to return books and to the subway to go to lunch.

Joy (gardenerjoy) I needed this, "I think food tastes good when, really, it just goes down easy." Gotta keep this as a mantra to remember why I can get my hand stuck in a bowl of nuts, or chips, or whatever.

Debbie (Lexxiss) Yay for a tenant after all your work, and Yay again for a perspective second one. Kudos for "I knew yesterday it was time to plan for it."

Cheryl (seadwaters) Super Kudos for achieving "I felt OK about saying no." What a big step. LOL at "faux vending machine run" - I'd forgotten about those.

Pam (pamatga) This "sitting with hunger" is important for me. When I was first losing, I felt this often and just accepted it. During my house renovation, I began to drift into the belief that it had to be relieved with a snack. It was slow to dawn on me that snacking didn't relive the 'hunger' since it didn't emanate from the stomach.

nationalparker Ouch for the fall; Double Ouch for damage to your Levi's. I don't own backup favorite jeans; if I lost a knee I'd have to go shopping. Kudos for bounding the munchies and for adjusting your dinner. Interesting thought that our feeling of success is higher for the day when our last meal is the light one.

Beth (bethFromDayton) Yep, Kudos for "I took out and put back an extra sweet snack" - each act is worthy of its own praise. Yay for walking; Double Yay for walking with your DH.

ForMyGirls - LOL at "this wasn't actually a get out of jail free card" - a new way for a Sabotaging Thought to sneak in. Kudos for being happy with your one scoop. Congrats for raising a couple of little lawyers-to-be arguing for a second scoop.

LoseToAll - You make a good point. In the past, I only got clothes to chase a new waist. It's a new concept for me to discard clothes just because they're worn and frumpy even though they still fit.

Readers -
Quote:
day 9 Select and Exercise Plan

Spontaneous Exercise
You can start incorporating spontaneous exercise into your day right now. From today on, do the following: . . .
  • If you live in a two-story house, don't let things that need to be taken to another floor pile up; take each up right away..
  • When you go to the mall, walk a full circuit before you start shopping. Whenever you find yourself waiting (such as at the doctor's office, at the airport, or at the hair salon), walk the concourses, the hallways, or the sidewalks outside.
Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 108.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 10 years
Old 12-20-2013, 10:22 AM   #204
Green Tomatoes

My 100% OP streak count is 1.

WI: +0.95 kg, Exercise: +60 880/1400 minutes for December, Food: 100%op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

Hi all! Dashing in today.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:24 PM   #205
Simply Filling Technique

Default Day 38 & 39: Dealing with a Plateau/Keeping Up w Exercise

I am combining some of these days if they are either something that I have already learned to deal with (the plateau) and/or keeping up with exercise (something that I enjoy doing so not as big a 'deal' as other issues in this book).

I have had a plateau for the past seven months. Most of it is my own fault. I sat down last night and began to return to the earlier parts of the book. I find that the more I read the same material in any subject the more I pick up on small nuances that I may have missed the first or even second time around. I took some more notes.

I decided then and there (which is typical me) to spend the next 10 days on the non-aerobic day calorie range that my food plan allows. I am way too busy with way too many other things to even have the energy yet alone time to exercise. This will mean about 450 less calories per day though so I will definitely feel it.

I have one more social gathering on Sunday afternoon that is food-centered and folk-centered. I plan on eating before hand and nurse a glass of water the entire time. If there are raw veggies I will have those.

Since I am going to follow my basic diabetes weight loss food plan I am only allowing one day (Christmas Eve or Day) to eat the 25% additional calories that Dr. Beck says that she does on special occasions. One day only.

This is my first short term goal of many goals to come. I have written it down in a composition book (dated 2001-ouch!) I found when decluttering. When I was looking at my pocket calendar, I noticed that tomorrow was the official first day of winter so I decided that looking over the weight I wish to lose this coming year I am going to break that down into 25% increments for each seasonal change. Kind of gimmicky I know but I think it is also puts a bit of fun in all of this.

For the short term OP means sticking to what I mentioned above. January 1st there will be a new OP definition and so on.

I am very busy today so I won't do details of personals except to say that it looks like everyone is really working their plans well with a good measure of success. Kudos to all!

Take care, Pam

Last edited by pamatga; 12-20-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:34 PM   #206
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

Hi all,

Today was a work-at-home day and I found it harder than I expected since I've been dealing with the munchies lately, as in wanting to eat, even though I'm not hungry. Even so, although I deviated slightly (pickles at lunch and rice at dinner) from my written plan, I was totally within plan parameters. And today makes Day 10 of logging everything every day. (I thought it was 9 but MFP corrected me.)

Since I worked from home, I took a walk at lunchtime. I'm trying to figure out if there's any reason I can't do that at work days--I'll have to check out the area to see if there is a reasonable place to walk. All the roads I actually use are too traffic-heavy, but perhaps there's a neighborhood nearby I could drive to and walk at 2-3 days a week at lunch.

Even though we're leaving town on Sunday, I'm going to make a grocery run tomorrow morning--and buy just enough produce for Saturday dinner! I'd rather throw some away that eat less healthily--I just won't buy much.

I've got some ideas of where to stop for food en route to St Louis (wave, gardenerjoy!) so I can make good choices. I don't really have a plan for Monday--I'll have to give that some thought. I have a plan for Christmas Eve (which is when we'll have a big dinner), and I'm lacking a Christmas Day plan, since we'll be traveling and not much will be open. I may shop for some things we can travel with--DH would generally rather stop to eat out but we'll have limited options on Wednesday.

nationalparker: I think it's interesting that your perception of success varies based on when you eat the same amount of food. Do you see a difference in the results of your efforts based on when you eat?

seadwaters: I love the idea of a "faux vending machine run"--I think I'll adopt it!

ForMyGirls: Big credit for fighting off the ice cream double scoop sabotaging thought! I think that you can successfully apply the CBT strategy to other areas of your life (such as money)--I know I'd used it for other things prior to coming across the idea of using it for dieting.

BillBE: Congrats on your streak! I hope your shoveled snow did what ours did today--MELT.

gardenerjoy: Too bad we only go to STL at holidays--that makes it harder to get away and meet you! I love seeing your exercise minutes keep going up!

pamatga: I understand about re-reading the pink book--I do best if I never quite finish--and even just pick it up and read whatever random day I opened to!

Time to plan tomorrow! It's a lot easier to keep my streak going when I enter everything the day before!

Take care, all.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:54 AM   #207

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5ft3in

Thumbs up Saturday

I haven't missed checking in for quite some time - but I have lost track of the number! As well as planning meals and snacks I have tracked all my food consistently for the last week. I don't know what I was thinking yesterday but I wasn't under target - a bit over where I like to be actually. Today is on track and food for the rest of the day planned.

I had to go have an MRI this morning to check things with my back surgery - the good thing was that because I had hit the safety net (the most the govt thinks you should pay out of pocket for non-hospital incurred expenses) it only cost me $27 instead of rather a lot more of the $500 bill. What is irritating is that as usual I hit the safety net right at the end of the year when it is too late to take advantage of it.

I then went shopping to the plaza and I have never seen so many samples of free food - just doesn't happen here as a rule. Cakes, pastries, coffee (??!?) (I would have had that if I was taking milk), noodles. And I didn't want any of it - all of it full of foods I am avoiding but which I love - that felt really good.

What I didn't realise was that the Atkins bars I have tentatively introduced are not certified gluten free! I was a bit astonished as the program is most like the paleo / primal type diets which are gluten and grain free. But no - they are not. A bit of a disappointment that I have to carefully choose the ones without added wheat or gluten - but still not guaranteed safe. You'd think they make enough money from dieters to bother with food safety. Anyway - enough ranting

ForMyGirls - good move with the two scoop sabotaging thoughts; BillBE - you continue to exercise resistance - impressive; Pamatga - Good planning for your Sunday gathering. I also got my XL spreadsheet set up for 1st January 2014 with starting weight for weekly and daily weights, and 5% decrements and measurements etc. Feels good to expect the best; Beth - working at home with easy access to food is tricky. I tend to pack lunch and food as if I was at work so that I don't think to eat anything else. Good you are thinking about your trip - I will need to put a bit of serious thought into those critical few days

Progress
Weight - down 1 lb / Same as ticker; 6561/5000 steps; 4.4/3 km; Food - on plan

Short Term Goal

Last edited by GosfordGirl; 12-21-2013 at 01:04 AM.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:37 AM   #208

S/C/G: 106.4/ticker/?? (kg)

Height: 169cm

New record team - 76! (Seadwaters I have you down for 13 days in a row - I am not totally clear on what you are counting as being OP for your streak so I have been giving you the benefit of the doubt and giving you a point if your food or your checking in are on track. Hope that is OK.)

My personal streak is 16. Credit to me today for getting straight out for my walk before 8am even though it was a weekend. Another very hot day so it wouldn't have happened any later. Credit also for not falling for the "these chocolates were a gift therefore I can eat them" trap today. Feeling good about the path to financial sensibleness too :-)

Beth and Seadwaters - helpful for me to hear your conversation about the challenges of working from home. I work from home a lot. Has the benefit that I don't often have to cope with tempting food in my environment - but I find it means I often don't eat as satisfying or interesting food because I get caught up in what I am doing and run out of time to work out something yummy to prepare. The idea of packing a lunch is good. Given I am not doing a detailed plan each day maybe I'll try a variation of planning my lunch the night before for work from home days.

Immediate goal - 3kg loss; Long term goal: The Overland Track

Old 12-21-2013, 07:04 AM   #209
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Saturday - Forefather's Day (1620 Pilgrims at Plymouth Rock)

Diet Coaches/Buddies Sardines for lunch after being reminded by another thread. I would eat them more often if I remembered and if they didn't require crackers to lift them to my mouth. Snacks under budget to extend my streak to 31 days, CREDIT moi.

Made it to the supermarket fearing that Saturday would be a zoo. Got reminded of the mounds of Christmas goodies that consume more space. Bought none of it, CREDIT moi. Today's challenge is a 'breakfast' at 9:30 at one of our favorite museums. Who eats breakfast that late in the day? I've planned to skip the cereal part of my home breakfast in a few minutes and to substitute the carbs that come with their coffee. I've planned it so that I can concentrate on avoiding MOUNDS of carbs - just an appropriate serving.

Joy (gardenerjoy) Love watching your exercise counting upwards.

Pam (pamatga) Yep, rereading does make for "the more I pick up on small nuances."

Katie (SeaSideSparkle) Skipping all those FREE samples is a big deal from my perspective; Kudos. Ouch for enough medical events to hit the safety net.

Beth (bethFromDayton) Kudos for planning your travels in advance.

ForMyGirls - Super Kudos for avoiding the inviting Sabotaging Thought, "these chocolates were a gift therefore I can eat them." Neat thought to prepare a lunch for going to work even though the 'going' part is just to the next room.

Readers -
Quote:

Spontaneous Exercise
To motivate yourself to do more spontaneous exercise, consider attaching to your belt a pedometer, a device that tracks the distance you cover on foot. You can buy a good pedometer for about $20 at sporting goods stores, many fitness centers, or over the Internet. Wear the pedometer every day and note in your diet notebook how many steps you've taken. Challenge yourself to continually add more steps to your day and to track your progress.

Old 12-21-2013, 07:04 AM   #210
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Saturday - Forefather's Day (1620 Pilgrims at Plymouth Rock)

Diet Coaches/Buddies Sardines for lunch after being reminded by another thread. I would eat them more often if I remembered and if they didn't require crackers to lift them to my mouth. Snacks under budget to extend my streak to 31 days, CREDIT moi.

Made it to the supermarket fearing that Saturday would be a zoo. Got reminded of the mounds of Christmas goodies that consume more space. Bought none of it, CREDIT moi. Today's challenge is a 'breakfast' at 9:30 at one of our favorite museums. Who eats breakfast that late in the day? I've planned to skip the cereal part of my home breakfast in a few minutes and to substitute the carbs that come with their coffee. I've planned it so that I can concentrate on avoiding MOUNDS of carbs - just an appropriate serving.

Joy (gardenerjoy) Love watching your exercise counting upwards.

Pam (pamatga) Yep, rereading does make for "the more I pick up on small nuances."

Cheryl (seadwaters) Skipping all those FREE samples is a big deal from my perspective; Kudos. Ouch for enough medical events to hit the safety net.

Beth (bethFromDayton) Kudos for planning your travels in advance.

ForMyGirls - Super Kudos for avoiding the inviting Sabotaging Thought, "these chocolates were a gift therefore I can eat them." Neat thought to prepare a lunch for going to work even though the 'going' part is just to the next room.

Readers -
Quote:

Spontaneous Exercise
To motivate yourself to do more spontaneous exercise, consider attaching to your belt a pedometer, a device that tracks the distance you cover on foot. You can buy a good pedometer for about $20 at sporting goods stores, many fitness centers, or over the Internet. Wear the pedometer every day and note in your diet notebook how many steps you've taken. Challenge yourself to continually add more steps to your day and to track your progress.

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 12-22-2013 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Blush: seadwaters not SeaSideSparkle
Closed Thread