Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 09:21 PM   #16  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hello ladies,
Quick post, I walked for an hour yesterday, and an hour at lunch today. Tonight I walked another 30 minutes, it felt good.
I will try and post more tomorrow but I work a ten hour shift so no promises.
Take care
and thank you all for your support.
Ann
Old 08-15-2013, 10:17 PM   #17  
Piggies obsessed

S/C/G: 300/275/140

Height: 5'5"

Monday, Wednesday and Friday - wii fit plus. 5 minutes for each session.
Tuesday and Thursday - resistance exercises. 10 repetitions each.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:38 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Yesterday I did my stretches and strengthening exericises.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:25 AM   #19  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

Great walking, Ann!

I did my two 20 minute walks yesterday (still without my walking partner), listening to Tim McGraw.

I've done my first one today (Travis Tritt and Trisha Yearwood). I didn't want to walk today--had to have the "no choice" discussion with myself. Perhaps it shouldn't have been a discussion, but it was--but the exercise won and the "don't wanna" lost.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #20  
newlifestyle

Hi All, where are you?

Beth, Congrats on walking when you didn't want too. Great job.
I enjoy Tim McGraw's music. I should change my MP3 to put Trisha Yearwood, Travis Tritt and Trisha Yearwood. Thanks for reminding me I like their songs.

I walked 8432 steps today as well as working a ten hour day, towards the end of the day, I could feel myself wearing down. It was a real effort to avoid the junk food in the back office, I am sure some people would never refer to it as junk, I only called it junk because it was not something I would eat unless I was tired/exhausted...etc, I resisted it.

I have another busy day tomorrow, I have planned my meals, I will try and walk, I was planning on relaxing Saturday.

Have a great night everyone.
Take Care
Ann
Old 08-16-2013, 09:01 PM   #21  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Default today

Hi

Super busy here today. I am getting ready to leave for a weekend with my pottery guild at another potter's place about 1.5hrs away where we will be doing a pit firing. I saw the pots I made for the pitfire and they turned out (phew) though they aren't very refined.

I did a lot of walking in the grocery store and in thrift store tracking supplies down for a book I want to make for my friend who has a birthday in a few days. I'm planning to start it at the hotel tomorrow.

Walked 45min I'll estimate = 345min for the month.

Bye for now.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:06 AM   #22  
I can do this

Good walking Ann and onebyone.

I'm traveling today--and took a 27 minute walk around the terminal during my 2hour connection. I don't usually walk with my laptop and my purse--it's a little rough on the neck/shoulders.

Most of my exercise this coming week will be unstructured. DS wants to hike one day, I've booked a snorkeling excursion--that sort of thing.

Have a moving week everyone!
Old 08-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 209/199/165

Height: 5'8"

Hi exercise buddies,

I didn't exercise this weekend but kept busy. I have a 45 minute walk and an aquafitness class planned for later today.

Newlifestyle: I'm in Ottawa - how about you? Congrats on counting your steps and on resisting when tired. I find it most difficult to stay on track when I haven't slept well - I have to stay really busy then.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:17 PM   #24  
I can do this

Hi all,
Yesterday, in addition to the airport walk, I took a long walk with the friend I'm staying with. I feel good about yesterday's exercise.

Today's exercise may include a walk this evening--but will definitely include walking around an art festival today! I tend to get a lot of "seeing things" walking in while traveling!
Old 08-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #25  
persist

Default swam this weekend!

Hi!

While away I had the opportunity to swim in a pool, and I did it. I allowed myself into the water. I *always* want to go swimming but the past year I have felt too ashamed to be in a bathing suit in public. I tell myself really mean stuff like "no one wants to see someone who looks like you on the beach" or "you now look like the women you used to see at the beach that you couldn't believe looked like that" Yeah. But I surveyed the crowd I was with-almost everyone overwieght and older than me and they were going in so why not me? I also felt comfortable confiding my fears to a couple of people and one said to me " Listen, this is the way god made you, and there is nothing to be ashamed about. Look at everyone here, we're all the same anyway." In that crowd I was also very grateful that I have all my moving parts, and that they move well. Many knee and hip replacements, arthritis, canes. I'm doing great. I even have my own teeth.

So exercise is +30 for swimming on Saturday. +30 for walking at an art show on Sunday. Nothing yesterday and I plan to bike ride this evening.... will check back about that later today.

Current minutes spent moving in August: 405
Old 08-20-2013, 08:30 PM   #26  
newlifestyle

Hi all,
My DS is at a Robotics day camp so I thought I would walk this morning after I dropped him off and then go to work. An old friend called me in the afternoon and asked me to meet her for a coffee, once I got there, she asked how long I could hang out with her I said about an hour and a half. She suggested we go for a 6.5 kilometer walk. I went but had my sandals on as I left my runners at work. It was a good walk and now I have blisters from my sandals. I will wear runners and meet her tomorrow. It was great to go for an impromptu walk. I got two walks in. Didn't change busy in my life but was nice.
Have a great night everyone,
Onebyone, great job wearing a bathing suit and going swimming.
Beth, enjoy your vacation, it is so nice to walk in new areas to see new things.
Tracey, how was your walk and acquafitness class. I am about an hour and a half southwest of Ottawa.
Wonderful work this weekend ladies.
Keep it up.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #27  
persist

Default tonight

Hi Movers and Shakers

So I have been holed up in my apartment all day. Tonight I will go for a walk and see if I can get DH to join me. If not, I'll walk anyway. My (modest) goal is 15minutes.
I did not get on that bike yesterday.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:56 AM   #28  
newlifestyle

I am off for a walk, I plan on an hour but will be happy with 30 minutes.
Have a great day.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:56 PM   #29  
newlifestyle

Hello coaches.
I walked for an hour today. It was nice weather out. I am going to keep walking each day. I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Take Care
Ann
Old 09-07-2013, 03:08 AM   #30  
Piggies obsessed

S/C/G: 300/275/140

Height: 5'5"

For some reason posting my exercise always helps motivate me. I post it on another forum I go to as well.

Monday: wii fit
Tuesday: walking and resistance exercise
Wednesday: wii fit
Thursday: walking and resistance exercise
Friday: wii fit
Saturday: walking
Closed Thread