Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 11:19 PM   #151  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

I spent much of the day planning and organizing in ways that I hope will make the coming busy week run smoother.

November organizing tasks log:
1. Organize writing stuff
2. Finish organizing writing stuff
3. Implement new scheme for time management
4. 10 minutes filing project
5. 18 minutes filing project
6. 10 minutes filing project
7. 10 minutes filing project
8. 10 minutes filing project
9: 20 minutes filing project
10: 50 minutes filing project
11: Winterize and bring home things from the cabin
12: Work with DH to organize travel supplies
13: Prep for cleaning crew
14: 10 minutes filing
15: 25 minutes filing
16: 10 minutes filing
17: clean up sticks from wind storm
18: phone calls
19: 10 minutes filing
20: 10 minutes filing
21: 15 minutes filing
22: 10 minutes filing
23: 15 minutes filing
24: planning & organizing
Old 11-25-2013, 11:10 PM   #152  
Green Tomatoes

Back to filing!

25: 10 minutes filing
Old 11-26-2013, 08:13 AM   #153  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Today will be challenging. There are multiple things happening and I'm the coordinator. Carpet installer is coming (#2). I'm meeting with DH and additional helper at 9 who will start repairing the damaged hardwood floor(#1). A guy is coming at 10 to remove the existing piano (#3). He intends to restore it. Yay! The plumber is going to call (hopefully) and meet me to plan the plumbing fix and installation of new hot water heater (#1). Based on what all transpires I will probably be a runner for materials.
I have chosen not to bring daughter onto projects today....too many people. Tomorrow will be better.
The piano remover might be interested in renting #2. If that is the case when he gets there today I'll make some decisions regarding what's "necessary" so he could move in by the 1st. That would be great progress to get one rented.

November "Project" Daily Log (rental #1, #2, #3)
1.change locks(#3),wash all floor vents(#2), test floor stain(#2)
2. Drive up and check heat after work (real job)
3. Same as day 2 plus email contractor and make two addl. calls regarding carpet installation
4.drive up after work then call contractor to ask why they didn't show up, contacted helper to discuss bathroom issue(#2)
5. Drive up with helper to look at bathroom(#2), remove couch and mattress and tear out carpet/pad (#3)
ETA-listed to piano which was left at(#2) with local free cycle group
6. Figured out new configuration for carpet/linoleum replacement (#3)
7. 3 helpers today! We painted 4 rooms (#1) and continued cleaning ceiling (#3). I made 2 more connections regarding piano and contacted another tenant regarding a perspective renter
8. carpet process started (#2&3)...we picked out carpet and got set up in the system for our measure, visited restore and picked up some electrical covers, dropped curtains off for drycleaning(#2) and had 3 helpers cleaning/painting#1/3)
9. worked at restaurant but did go up after work and did initial tear out in bathroom that needs complete tear out. (#2)
10. did home chores before work. Sunday....no work at the rental projects
11. Called homedepotcredit before work to order addl. card and change mailing address. Went up after work and checked each vacant rental to make sure heat/water was ok for my leaving. Noticed heating vents hadn't been put back in after floor painting (#3) so I put them back before leaving.
12. Ended vitamixprocrastination and resolved ongoing issue.
13. Called and made appt. for carpet measure,(#2/3) called and ordered install for new gas meter,(my own rental) **successfully**took apart plumbing and fixed my own tub drip.
14. Worked on my bathroom tub reno at swimhouse for 1 hr and traveled over to meet carpet measurer.
15. Put together project payroll and got checks issued and distributed. Returned message from H.Depot regarding carpet, wrote check and delivered to heater guy, initiated process of ordering extra cabinet necessary for furnace ducting. ETA-set up appt.(next Tues) for heating guy to come check out and explain complicated furnaces(one which isn't working) (#2)
16. household chores and reorganization of personal rental file.
17. Wrote a very thought out email to drywall guy re:finishing #1
18. Trip to HDepot to pay for carpets, p/u linoleum and 5 gal. paint
19. Meet w/heating guy re: furnace at #3
20. Paint (#1), called helper to set up linoleum project for 21st (#2)
21. Finished current phase of painting, pulled and folded tarps and washed floors(#1). Made phone calls to inspector and energy co which resulted in meter install.
22. Took mom up for tour of progress, hauled accumulated trash (#1), met with linoleum installer and took major returns to Hdepot. Met in evening w/furnace man to test new furnace at my personal project.
23. Emailed necessary instructions to linoleum installer and did major p/u at home.
24. Talked with plumber and scheduled appt. to look at necessary work. Called the neighboring tenant to let her know we'd need to access her home during plumbing and for electrical inspection.
25. Checked houses after work and emailed worker to plan work for following day.
26. Worked on letters to tenants who left regarding status of their security deposit. More to come....
Old 11-26-2013, 11:55 PM   #154  
Green Tomatoes

More filing today. Tomorrow's task will be getting ready for the cleaning crew.

26: 20 minutes filing
Old 11-27-2013, 06:00 AM   #155  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Yesterday could have really darkened my attitude, but I know that's a major trigger for unplanned/overeating. I chose to remain positive.
The carpet installer broke down and couldn't make it to the project. The plumbers suggested fix for the water issue will be far more extensive than I had hoped. The piano/perspective renter didn't show. Oh, well. We made progress forward, anyway. Credit....and I did not let this all "get to me".
Today we will make a major push for scrubbing hardwood floors because once the plumber starts we will not have water for awhile.
DH fell on the ice yesterday and went right to bed after we returned home. Instead of plunking down in front of the TV I chose to work on personal stuff in the house. Credit.

3. Same as day 2 plus email contractor and make two addl. calls regarding carpet installation
4.drive up after work then call contractor to ask why they didn't show up, contacted helper to discuss bathroom issue(#2)
5. Drive up with helper to look at bathroom(#2), remove couch and mattress and tear out carpet/pad (#3)
7. 3 helpers today! We painted 4 rooms (#1) and continued cleaning ceiling (#3). I made 2 more connections regarding piano and contacted another tenant regarding a perspective renter
8. carpet process started (#2&3)...we picked out carpet and got set up in the system for our measure, visited restore and picked up some electrical covers, dropped curtains off for drycleaning(#2) and had 3 helpers cleaning/painting#1/3)
9. worked at restaurant but did go up after work and did initial tear out in bathroom that needs complete tear out. (#2)
11. Called homedepotcredit before work to order addl. card and change mailing address. Went up after work and checked each vacant rental to make sure heat/water was ok for my leaving. Noticed heating vents hadn't been put back in after floor painting (#3) so I put them back before leaving.
13. Called and made appt. for carpet measure,(#2/3) called and ordered install for new gas meter,(my own rental) **successfully**took apart plumbing and fixed my own tub drip.
14. Worked on my bathroom tub reno at swimhouse for 1 hr and traveled over to meet carpet measurer.
15. Put together project payroll and got checks issued and distributed. Returned message from H.Depot regarding carpet, wrote check and delivered to heater guy, initiated process of ordering extra cabinet necessary for furnace ducting. ETA-set up appt.(next Tues) for heating guy to come check out and explain complicated furnaces(one which isn't working) (#2)
21. Finished current phase of painting, pulled and folded tarps and washed floors(#1). Made phone calls to inspector and energy co which resulted in meter install.
22. Took mom up for tour of progress, hauled accumulated trash (#1), met with linoleum installer and took major returns to Hdepot. Met in evening w/furnace man to test new furnace at my personal project.
23. Emailed necessary instructions to linoleum installer and did major p/u at home.
24. Talked with plumber and scheduled appt. to look at necessary work. Called the neighboring tenant to let her know we'd need to access her home during plumbing and for electrical inspection.
25. Checked houses after work and emailed worker to plan work for following day.
26. Worked on letters to tenants who left regarding status of their security deposit. Met with plumber, repaired hardwood floor in LR and started scrubbing same floors in BR.
27. Move to BR for hardwood flooring repair, continue scrubbing floors in BR's. Finish tenant letters and mail.
Old 11-28-2013, 12:16 AM   #156  
Green Tomatoes

That's a lot to deal with Lexxiss, especially when it's not going according to plan. Kudos for not letting it get to you and for keeping positive.

I plan to do 10 minutes of filing tomorrow, holiday or no, because I don't want to break my streak.

27: prepped for cleaning crew
Old 11-28-2013, 05:13 AM   #157  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Nov 19 - 30 minutes of organizing files to help find receipts from previous appliance purchases.
Nov 27 - 30 minutes attacking the stack of unsorted mail stored on the kitchen table.
Nov 28 - 30 minutes putting away summer clothes to make room for winter stuff
Old 11-28-2013, 10:29 AM   #158  
GlenwoodHotSprings

BBE, yesterday I went online and registered the furnace we had installed this month. Just this morning I looked at the paper and noted to myself-make a permanant (findable) file for this. It's amazing how easy it is once you go back through and get the old stuff organized.

gardenerjoy, yay for continuing your streak! Mine is automatic now, and it's made a huge difference in my life.

This morning was my first leisurely wake up for ages, that is, after I went up to the project at 4am and confirmed my Thanksgiving gift; that the leak under the kitchen sink seems to have temporarily ceased....giving me a needed break from 24/7 pan dumping duty.
Yesterday, DH and helper finished the hardwood flooring repairs and DD and I spent 7 hours each on our hands and knees deep scrubbing on those same floors. It could have been agonizing, yet I constantly find gratitude, that with my weightloss I am able to physically do these things. Credit.
Today, DH and I did spend about an hour discussing our "fix" for the kitchen cabinets. The bottom configuration is in pretty tough shape and we figured a way to accomplish a fix which will be inexpensive, far nicer than just painting the original, and will give us access to fix the area underneath which has been damaged by the water leak (over time). That's enough for today.
My home is in good shape and I enjoyed doing some tasks this morning that helps keep me caught up. Yay.

26. Worked on letters to tenants who left regarding status of their security deposit. Met with plumber, repaired hardwood floor in LR and started scrubbing same floors in BR.
27. Move to BR for hardwood flooring repair, continue scrubbing floors in BR's. Finish tenant letters and mail.
28. discussed kitchen cabinet/countertop issue in detail...coming up with a workable plan. Yay!
Old 11-29-2013, 12:02 AM   #159  
Green Tomatoes

I did my filing!

28: 10 minutes filing
Old 11-29-2013, 04:55 AM   #160  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Nov 19 - 30 minutes of organizing files to help find receipts from previous appliance purchases.
Nov 27 - 30 minutes attacking the stack of unsorted mail stored on the kitchen table.
Nov 28 - 30 minutes putting away summer clothes to make room for winter stuff
Nov 29 - 60 minutes organizing 'stuff'
Old 11-29-2013, 05:40 AM   #161  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

I'm not managing to get here. I am getting things done but I just don't manage to get here.

Great work, everyone!
Old 11-29-2013, 09:10 AM   #162  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbirch View Post
I'm not managing to get here. I am getting things done but I just don't manage to get here.

Great work, everyone!
Getting things done is MAJOR

Lexxiss, wanted to ask, did the drywall guy respond to your carefully worded email?

Yesterday was a surprise attack on another household heartache of mine! DH's abandoned work station. Thick, horrid dust on ever surface; computer, monitor, stacks of software discs from a decade or two (I found a floppy!!) TWO scanner/printers, and a rat's nest of cables and wires snaking and coiling through all. Do you know the frustration level when you track one cable from one end, uncoil/untangle it through a dozen others, only to find that it wasn't even attached to anything

anyway DH had promised Years ago to do this..I would have done it myself but I would have thrown everything out or freecycled. He got a large storage container and went through most everything, wiped it all off, and put a ton of stuff in the container (which I don't agree with, because now it's all in a container and someone has to deal with THAT) but at least it got the area cleared; then our son took a monitor and printer out to my car for freecycle; then I wiped/dusted/cleaned and now have a cleared center

a tip when you are cleaning a horrid dusty area, certainly wear a respirator or mouth/nose mask if you have one; I didn't, but I continuously drank water and i think that helped alot.

this morning I sat at that cleared, cleaned area and it felt so good!!!

Last edited by VermontMom; 11-29-2013 at 09:12 AM.
Old 11-29-2013, 11:39 PM   #163  
Green Tomatoes

VermontMom: great job getting the dusty job done. If you don't have a face mask, try a dampened kerchief tied bandit style. We use them for yard work, too, and they're effective.

Still filing!

29: 10 minutes filing
Old 12-01-2013, 10:35 AM   #164  
Green Tomatoes

On Small Business Saturday, I bought plain white tea cups so we can quit drinking tea out of cups with cartoon characters on them. I feel so grown up.

Today, I intend to spend much of the day getting organized for the month.

29: 10 minutes filing
30: bought new tea cups
Old 12-01-2013, 11:26 PM   #165  
Green Tomatoes

I got a lot of organizing done today and have a good plan for the week and a flexible plan for the month.

December log:
1. Organize & plan for month
Closed Thread