3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Beck Diet Solution

Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Beck Diet For Life/Solution August 2013 Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 08:01 AM   #256
move

S/C/G: 291/279.3 lastweek/274.3 now

Height: 5' 6"

Exclamation Everything. All at once.

Hi Coaches.

Today is my all-day-long medical testing day. It's been a year since we did it for the first time, when DH was told he was a diabetic and they were off my case cause I had lost a fresh 40lbs. This time I have not lost anymore. In a year. But... I'm ok with it. I know what I am going to say "I have been able to pull back from any weight gains but remain stuck in a 10lb loop" -- which is exactly where I am at. I am back to 258 this morning. Was 261, and even saw 262, the past few weeks. The clinic has a weightloss program that *maybe* the fancy insurance covers. I'm going to ask them about it, and look into it.

I'll report back with their findings tonight.

I got a great boost in my work this week! I was chosen as one of 20 artists to compete for a $5000.00 public art commission at a new condo/retail mego project. 20 of us will be painting on a 8' x 10' aluminum board that has canvas on its surface (called "dibond" -- is anyone familiar with this stuff? PM me if you are...). Our theme is "the perfect city" (I can tell you, it's not what they are building cause it ain't geared-to-income housing--but I will keep my opinions to myself). I said I would be focusing on "surprise" at all the exciting things that can be found in a city/that a city can offer. I do these characters with big wide surprised eyes that are hilarious. I want to have the squirrels, cats and dogs that way too. And I need a scene wheer even the drivers are surpised at the politeness of the other drivers. We have one week of 9-5, working outside at the construction site (we are really painting the boards around a construction site) to get our work done. It's going to be a physical challenge. The public will be asked to vote on their favorite one. I may enlist your cyber-help to help me out.
Painting begins Sept 9 -13. Soon!

And that's it. My place is still a wreck, but slowly getting better.
I cleaned out 5 bags from my studio a day ago, and dropped off a box and several other items at the sally ann also that day.

My mother went for a walk, again, this week but they found her. She said she went to the Tim's cause it was such a nice day and then realized she couldn't get home. So she went to the bank to see if anyone recognized her and I guess that's where they found her. The facility she lives in says she is beyond the care of their facility so it's a really a good thing she is coming here, where when they were told the same facts, said No problem. We will be able to handle her. Don't worry. And so, she will be here Sept 21. My florida sister is coming to Toronto on the 18th, we drive to Ottawa, in a van, on the 19th, pack up mum on the 20th, drive here the same day I guess.

Big month ahead.

Better go get cleaned up for my big doctors-of-every-sort day.

Bye for now...

-Katie.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:23 AM   #257
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/175/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Coaches!

A quickie check in....two days off and I need to be on the road here very soon to drive my mom to her monthly eye appt. I have decided to purchase a new scale. It's been 5 days and I recognize it is a very important tool for me. My daily weigh in is an established routine and really helps me to monitor my daily ups and downs. I've recognized how uncomfortable I am not having that tool. Food has been good and I've got a plan for an OP day. credit.

BBE, I've thought about a little journal in my stored luggage with notes I make everytime we come home and unpack. I'd say 2/3 of my stuff from the Minnesota trip returned untouched. I could read the journal each time I'm packing for a trip. Your trip sounds great!

Beth(fromDayton), congrats on such a stellar report from the Dr. I was just amazed at my return to normal blood pressure. I like that just as much as I like being thinner!

everyone else! I need to accomplish my exercise pre-trip.

My last 58 pounds lost on SBD My 2014 Beacher Bio!
Old 08-29-2013, 10:08 AM   #258
Green Tomatoes

S/C/G: 241/maintaining below 170

Height: 5'9"

MiL is still in the hospital. She seemed much better yesterday but now they seem concerned about some pain in her calf. We'll get the results of a doppler test today.

WI: -0.2 kg, Exercise: +60 1300/1500 minutes for August, Food: 100%op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

bethfromDayton: I loved that first doctor's visit when I'd lost a significant amount of weight! Good for you!

onebyone: great news on your choice to be a competitor. Sounds like a fun project!

Visit Joy's Book Blog -- I review cookbooks and diet books most Saturdays!
Old 08-29-2013, 10:11 AM   #259
Green Tomatoes

Lexxiss and BillBlueEyes: I keep my packing lists on the computer and I have them going back for years now. They are so helpful when I'm packing for a trip, I can go back and cut & paste from the most similar trip in my past, then maybe add a few things from another trip's list for a special activity. I also make notes, when I get home, on the same lists about things I wished I'd brought and things I wished I'd left at home. The next time I use that list as a reference, I'll see those notes, too.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:52 AM   #260

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Friday

Diet Coaches/Buddies Up at Oh Dark Thirty to get to Logan airport on our way to see the Giant Redwoods for nine days.

Exercise was packing my suitcase, setting timers on some lights, trying to remember what I needed to bring. I don't keep a packing list from trip to trip, Duh!

onebyone Hope all went well with your full day doctor's visit. Sending supportive thoughts for your mom and her 'walks.' I'm ready to vote "early and often," LOL.

Joy (gardenerjoy) Kudos for keeping your packing lists from prior trips - of course. If I had a list I wouldn't have almost forgotten to cancel the newspaper delivery. There will be some tomatoes in the community garden that simply die on the vine.

Debbie (Lexxiss) My memory is that about 1/3 of the stuff I pack remains untouched - but I'm not good at predicting which third that is. Yay for a new scale.

Readers -
Quote:
day 6 Find a Diet Coach

How to Find a Diet Coach
.....You want a diet coach who helps you
identify and counter your unhelpful thinking,

gives you practical advice, is highly encouraging
.....and motivating, and is willing to help
.......you implement this program.
Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 86.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 7 years and 1 month
Old 08-30-2013, 05:26 AM   #261

S/C/G: 106.4/ticker/?? (kg)

Height: 169cm

It has been a CBT heavy day. Really hungry for no apparent reason and constantly feeling tempted. I did break the rules and eat some tomatoes standing up in the kitchen and had an extr slice of bread in our "sausage sizzle" dinner - but otherwise my resistance muscle triumphed. So not a prefect day but credit to me for fighting back over and over and over again. I also stretched and meditated so credit for that.

BBE - happy travels - shall be sending well-wishes for rain to keep your kale alive in your absence

One by one - congrats on the chance to compete for the project - it sounds fabulous. Hope we will get to see some pics of your wide eyed creatures :-) hope the drs went well.

Lexxis - yay for working out how important the scale is for you

Gardener joy - hope all goes well with you MiL's next test

Part 1 July 2013 106.4kg to Feb 2014 90.4kg Part 2 Aug 2014 97.3kg to ??

Mini-goal 1: 95.6
Old 08-30-2013, 09:13 AM   #262
Green Tomatoes

MiL graduated to rehab care. We spent a big chunk of the day taking care of things on our end, but now she's closer to home and someone else will be the first call. I ended up at the hospital at lunch time again, but I immediately implemented Joy's Hospital Plan, JHP. And all was well.

WI: NC in kg, Exercise: +30 1330/1500 minutes for August, Food: 90%op, Read my Advantages and Responses:

BillBlueEyes: bon voyage! I hope it's truly a bucket list worthy trip!

ForMyGirls: Back when I was overeating, I had no idea that some days are hungrier than others for no apparent reason. But they are! Of course, the opposite is true -- some days are less hungry than others, too, although I tend to forget to notice those as much.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:41 PM   #263
move

Thumbs up reporting in

Coaches

Hello. My dr day went fine yesterday. I am about the same as last year, which is a real relief as I had the expectation that I would be much worse. I'm not, but I am a little worse re: fitness level as measured by the stress test. I had a hunch I was. And my cholesterol is still elevated and so when this dr said "and why aren't you on cholesterol meds?" I said "make it so" and there you have it. Now I have bp and cholesterol meds and I will happily take them AND focus on the day when my health is such that I don't need them anymore. Today I believe that day WILL come, and until ti does, those meds will protect me until I reach it.

We get to go grocery shopping today so I am happily making a two week food plan and then the grocery list to go with it.

My sister is arriving on Sept 18th and I have to have a space for her to sleep that is calm and peaceful. I am busy with that art event from the 9th-13th so my window to get what I need done here is getting focused by outside events. It's all good.

Better go start my work day. I have the market tomorrow and want to bring some new work with me to it.

Have a great happy and productive day everyone.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:05 PM   #264
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/175/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Coaches!

I've been working all morning...getting the final load of peaches in the dehydrator, pulling barrels of weeds in the yard and finally washing the dog (and myself). I did my at home exercise before I got online *credit* and now internet is slipping away. I have a plan, I have a scale, I have healthy food in the house. credit.

BBE, safe and fun journey!

gardenerjoy, glad that MIL has made the move!

onebyone, credit for facing your Dr.'s yesterday and formulating your plan with some current data.

ForMyGirls, yay for a day (not perfect) but where continued resistance really paid off! Kudos! Yes, I agree with gardenerjoy, some days are harder than others. When I think back to MY old days...IF I wanted to eat it I just did. There was no thought process attached to anything or any outcome. I just did it. Now I am able to use the tools in my box and think things through.

My last 58 pounds lost on SBD My 2014 Beacher Bio!
Old 08-30-2013, 11:36 PM   #265
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/197/175

Height: 5'2"

Hi all,

It's been a long couple of days--and tomorrow will be another one. I've fallen down on logging my food--so I'm going to catch up with that before I go to sleep.

Food was pretty much on target today, but not to my pre-plan. I left my lunch in the car, decided I was too lazy to go back and get it, and so bought a salad from the cafeteria. I used my own light dressing so it wasn't excessive--but definitely not what I planned on.

I walked once today and not at all yesterday--I missed a bunch of work both days because of DH's retinal surgery so didn't have extra time.

DD and I had a good evening together and will spend tomorrow morning together before I take her back to school. Retail therapy to the rescue.

My scale is below my ticker--I may move my ticker tomorrow. My A1C was lower than it's been since my diabetes was diagnosed 7 years ago. My good cholesterol and bad cholesterol are improved. The doctor wants me to come back in 3 months if I'm still losing weight so he can re-run the tests and decide if my medications need to be decreased. I am pleased with the change in my appearance, but am really pleased knowing that I've improved such important health indicators.

Tomorrow will include lunch on the run, but I'll have a controlled OP breakfast (DD is making eggs) and have a plan for dinner.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:23 AM   #266
move

Exclamation early start

Coaches

I'm off for my market selling day. My breakfast food is planned and my snack/lunch is sketched out. I am committing to no off-plan snacks, especially anything baked, that can be found in great abundance at the farmers' market where I will be.

Better go.

Have a good Saturday everyone.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:55 AM   #267
Green Tomatoes

WI: NC in kg, Exercise: +50 1380/1500 minutes for August, Food: 90%op, Read my Advantages and Responses:

bethfromDayton: getting off my blood pressure medicine (that I'd been on for more than a decade) was the best day of my whole weight loss journey, even better than reaching goal which was just an arbitrary number.

Old 08-31-2013, 10:00 PM   #268

S/C/G: 106.4/ticker/?? (kg)

Height: 169cm

Hello coaches,

Thanks Gardener joy and Lexxis for your reminder that some days are just hungrier than others. Yesterday was really hard too and I had forgotten that bit and woke up feeling like "this is too hard" so it was very helpful to read your messages before starting the day. Today is going better so far - not feeling like life is one love craving :-) have been noticing that I have very strong feelings about my food these days - if things don't go to plan I get really cranky!

Some credits - last day of a kids week and I am on plan with both food and exercise; have worked out how to participate in my elder daughter's birthday celebrations without going off plan; stayed OP yesterday even though it is was tough.

Gardener joy - hooray for JHP

Onebyone - what a great attitude to meds

Lexxis - hooray for such a productive morning. I hope you got some downtime later in the day

Beth - congrats for great changes in your health indicators.

3TL - I have been using that habit list app your recommended and I really love it. The "streaks" a really motivating. I have been trying to fix up my sleeping habits and have "lights out by 10.30" as one of my habits. I had a streak of 9 and then blew it on Friday night. Now so determined to beat that (and i now have a streak(?) of 1 again).

Part 1 July 2013 106.4kg to Feb 2014 90.4kg Part 2 Aug 2014 97.3kg to ??

Mini-goal 1: 95.6
Old 09-01-2013, 07:15 AM   #269

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Discussion continues on the September 2013 Thread

Please join us as this discussion continues on:

Beck Diet For Life/Solution September 2013 Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach

You can find the list of previous (or more current) monthly Beck threads here on 3 Fat Chicks via:
List of Monthly Beck Threads for Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach

Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 7 years and 1 month
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.