3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Beck Diet Solution

Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

I See Summer Ahead(cause my piles of stuff are smaller)Beck DECLUTTERS:Mar 21-Jun 21

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 07:52 PM   #61
helpingrachel

Hi all.

Been sick the past 3 days....spraying clorox everywhere. Strep throat and fever. I don't make a very good patient.

Send blessing to Matilda. Sorry for your loss.

Lexxiss: I have lost my desire for thrift shops as well. I really just want spring to come and to plant flowers.

Hi Onebyone: sending healing vibes for looloo.

Hi Mountain Mama and anyone else that I have missed.
Sending a hi out to Ann and Julia!

Old 04-17-2013, 07:57 PM   #62
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 230/177/140

Height: 5' 3"

Hello ladies,
I am on day 2 of fake it til you make it. I went for a two hour walk today.
I am wiped, I need to go to sleep but I wanted to post. I am procrastinating cleaning my garage out. I know I should do it but I find other things to do instead.
Well have a great night.
Dishes done.
another bag for thrift shop.
got rid of son's artwork. I framed as much as I could.
Have a great night.
Ann

Last edited by Newlifestyle : 04-17-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:09 AM   #63
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/175/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi!

Tami(helping rachel), I hope you are feeling better soon!

Ann(Newlifestyle), it sounds like the garage will still be there when you're ready and credit for moving forward with other things you were willing to do.

Shhh...I may really have a day at home and as I puttered around I realized that it's been quite some time. I still don't know exactly where it will take me but I'm in the mood to take some time to get things back in order.
So far:
~made bed/folded laundry
~vacuumed upstairs and carpet on the staircase
~washed out the bins in the fridge so I could put in all the fresh...
~veggies/fruits washed/stored

I will:
~vacuum in the cat's fenced off area (very bad)
~vacuum the downstairs
~declutter office and do some paperwork

I may:
~wipe down kitchen cabinets
~wash kitchen floor

I'll try to identify some old clutter today. It's been awhile. I do have a box in a back corner of the dining room with multiple items for thrift store. I'll see if I can find something else to put in there.

My last 58 pounds lost on SBD My 2014 Beacher Bio!
Old 04-18-2013, 07:37 PM   #64
newlifestyle

Lexxiss, did I read that correctly? Did you actually get a day at home. I don't get those too often. It sounds like you have a great balance. It is funny when I read what you wrote about my garage I felt at ease. It was like I got permission not to worry about it right now. Thank you for that.

Onebyone is SB a difficult plan to follow? Congrats on how well you are doing with it.

Tami, How are you feeling? I hope you feel better soon.

Today my friend wanted to walk again. We were walking for 90 minutes, she power walks. Yikes. It was nice.
She needed to use the washroom at my house and usually she stays on the main floor, my son was in that bathroom so she went upstairs. I was thinking oh no, my house is a disaster. Guess what ladies thanks to all of you and your 1-2-3 dancing it was not. Yeah.

Waving hello to everyone.

I hope you all have a great evening.
Take Care
Ann

Last edited by Newlifestyle : 04-18-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:50 AM   #65
GlenwoodHotSprings

Ann(Newlifestyle), yay for noticing positive results as your friend went upstairs. (Reminds me I need to swiff the upstairs loo). I'm glad my comment was helpful. Regarding your garage, I could also suggest this; I have a note on my computer which says, " taking time to look around". You might consider just going in the garage and looking around. It might be possible to pull 3 or 4 items for trash, 3 or 4 for recycle and 3 or 4 for thrift. If you do that, even occasionally, your garage will start to clean itself out. You'll make progress without that gut crunching huge project feeling....

I accomplish almost everything on yesterday's list...except the kitchen floor. I enjoyed my day at home and decluttered my DVR by watching some shows that had been hanging out for awhile. lol

Today I head out to the Denver airport at 7:15 so I'm up early.

Today's 1-2-3 dance

old clutter-take care of some paperwork that's been hanging out on my desk
current clutter-(the usual)
clean-upstairs bathroom (might as well do downstairs, too)
AND if time permits
~wash the kitchen floor

Old 04-19-2013, 06:10 AM   #66
newlifestyle

Good Morning,
Hi Debbie, what a great idea about the garage. I went in there this morning to put recycle away. I just closed my eyes and left. I just told my DH your suggestion he went hmm. I told him it worked on the house so it will work there too. He will get the pool ready to open soon so that stuff will come out of the garage and make a small dent. I have to remember to keep going even if he is not on board.

Safe travels today.
Watching the news today makes me thankful for many things.

Hello to everyone and have a great day.
Ann

Last edited by Newlifestyle : 04-19-2013 at 06:11 AM.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:22 AM   #67
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi!

Definitely on the run but took some time to accomplish a few things at home. credit. I made the bed, picked up clutter and got the pup's meds doled out for the next two weeks. credit.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:52 PM   #68
helpingrachel

Quick drive by, I have been down for 4 days with this sickness. I did get all laundry done, stripped beds and sprayed enough lysol to cover the state. I don't want anyone else to get sick. The kitchen is clean but my butt is getting kicked with no sleep at night with coughing /fever. I do believe that I am on the tail end and will hopefully feel better in the next day or two. My heart goes out to all the people of Boston. I am amazed at all the good people who care to make this world a better place. May love, compassion and care win over hated and lack of empathy for the plight of just being a human being. We put up with enough in this world, without needing violence to come at innocent victims.

Last edited by helping rachel : 04-20-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:34 PM   #69
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Dipping a toe in and saying hi!

I had a couple of days off to go help out my son and his wife and new baby, and in the down time, started reading this thread. Wow!

Very interesting!

I really like the 1-2-3 idea!

I do pretty good most days, keeping up with things, but sometimes find myself feeling overwhelmed with all the stuff. Work, planning the food, tracking, workouts, laundry, paying bills, sometimes my job at the veterinary hospital gets way stressful in a heartbeat, and you have to shift gears in 2 seconds. Plus my DH, while a great guy, leaves a lot of things to me.

So, over the last couple days, I have practiced, 1-2-3! Not specifically as it is practiced by some. But, simply to focus, on one thing at a time and not worry about the whole picture!

So, I'm glad I stumbled in here. I may not post a lot, but will def, follow along!

3+ year maintainer.
The human body is capable of amazing things! But without the mind, it is nothing. Get your mind in gear and the body will follow!

Be selfish about caring for yourself, you deserve it!
Old 04-22-2013, 08:03 AM   #70
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Janelle! Follow along! I relate to your talking of how many different things you have going on and how sometimes schedules/events change so quickly. With my ever changing life events I find the daily 1-2-3 to be so helpful.

So: Today 1-2-3

old clutter-I have an envelope which needs some detailed filling in to get a free bag of cat food. It's been floating around for sometime now. This morning I'll finish it and mail it off. credit.

current clutter-laundry done/folded, dishes done, winter boots put away, bed made

clean-cleaned the bathtub this morning

Old 04-23-2013, 09:13 AM   #71
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi!

Slept in so I asked DH if he'd make the bed and he did...he will also finish laundry. credit for asking. It freed extra time so I did the downstairs bathroom, scrubbed the kitchen sink, cleaned the cat tray and provided fresh water. House seems pretty picked up other than that. I continue to be amazed when I open a drawer in the kitchen that I've already cleaned out. It just feels good.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:41 AM   #72

Height: 5'8"

Well, I finally did a bunch of filing and got my papers organized. Now I've got to do a bunch of culling of old paperwork.

Today's 1-2-3
Old Clutter: pull all old files related to old apartment for deeper storage
New Clutter: put away weekend leftovers
Clean: husband's laundry (he usually does it himself, but I'll do him a favor this week) and vacuum.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:22 PM   #73
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi!

I've been entirely consumed with work/family stuff and just got home. I have two days "off". Driving across the divide...mom has a Dr. appt and DH has a monthly meeting he attends. I should get two days of pool time which I'm excited about.

I have been taking care of something every morning and as I look around right now the house doesnt' look half bad. I had to bake a birthday cake at 3AM and I noticed how important it is to me now to clean up sooner vs later.

Gotta run!

Old 04-25-2013, 05:33 PM   #74
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi!

Tami(helping rachel), I'm wondering if you've finally kicked your crud?

onebyone, I know everything is has gone on the back burner (except your weighloss) as you have been caring for Looloo. I'm thinking of you and sending supportive thoughts today.

Matilda, what is your next project?

Me, traveled, went to water aerobics, had lunch then collapsed. I DID, however, leave my home clean (not spic and span)before we left. It took me about 45 minutes and I didn't gripe that DH just sat downstairs drinking coffee....finally he pulled out the vacuum. I will be happy when I return.

We leave here tomorrow so I'm sure I won't be doing anything major....think I need some rest.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:58 PM   #75
helpingrachel

Lexxiss: Hope you get some much deserved rest. I am glad that you will have a clean home to return to.

I am getting better by the day. I went to work yesterday and when I got home I fell into a "coma nap". Woke up with a sinus headache and took more meds. I have a retreat that I facilitate this weekend that is 40 hours long with abuse issues. Praying for strength to sustain me as I have offered my services for the last 10 years.

I am planning on getting back in the groove next week with lists ect...

Cleaned ice maker out today.
Did 2 loads of laundry.
Packed for tomorrow.
Cleaned kitchen so I hope to come home to a clean house on Sunday. With DH it is a toss up.

Blessings to all OnebyOne, Matilda, Anne, shciref and anyone I missed. Hope you find peace in your surroundings.

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.