3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Beck Diet Solution

Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

I See Summer Ahead(cause my piles of stuff are smaller)Beck DECLUTTERS:Mar 21-Jun 21

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 08:07 AM   #46
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 230/177/140

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning Declutterers

Lexxiss, wow you sure have a lot on your plate. You are a very kind person.
Take care of yourself.

I need to remember your saying:

"THIS WAS NOT MY JOB (OR MY STUFF) BUT I DID IT ANYWAY!"

I find that sometimes I feel resentful instead of crediting myself for doing things that weren't my job/stuff.

Onebyone- Yeah for Looloo gaining weight. I hope she is getting better. My friend has a cat who pees whenever her husband is home. If he is away on business the cat does not pee on stuff but when he is home the cat pees on his shoes, clothes, etc. I had a dog that would lick my face while I was sleeping and then I would get out of bed and she would jump into the bed. My husband would laugh about it because she wasn't content sleeping at the foot of the bed. She wanted my pillow. Dishes in the sink at my house drive me crazy. When I put them there I think, or I will do them soon. Last night my dh put some dishes in the sink after I went to bed and I got up and as I was going to do them but everyone is sleeping and I don't want to wake them up....that is my story and I am sticking to it. I admire you for your ability to be so creative and get stuff done when deadlines are looming. I would find that overwhelming.

Tami have a wonderful vacation.

I went through my books and donated them as I don't find time to read them so I thought someone else may be able to use them.

Have a great day.
Ann

Last edited by Newlifestyle : 04-18-2013 at 09:07 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:43 PM   #47
move

S/C/G: 291/277.1/269

Height: 5' 6"

Wasn't home at all today so no work on straightening out the dishes. Tomorrow it will happen as I am puttering around the house. that will prbably be my only accomlishment besides cooking from scratch. Gott get to bed. Until tomorrow then, with a re-vamped plan to boot.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #48
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/175/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi onebyone! Sending support as you WFH today!

We travel tomorrow and my intent is to always leave a clean house. Last time I enlisted DH's help he was grouchy. He told me to just make him a list so I tried that today. I made lists for both of us so he could see what I was doing, too. credit. Everything is pretty much done and we're headed to Denver to take my mom to an appt and have OPVietnameseLunch!

old clutter-packed linen box and put away, completed monthly tax deposit and quarterly tax report
current clutter-done..still need grocery list
clean-my part/dusted laundry/pet room

My last 58 pounds lost on SBD My 2014 Beacher Bio!
Old 04-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #49
move

Post more laundry

Hello

Laundry has become a daily thing here. And so, I do laundry. *credit*
Today *will be* getting dishes done day.
I *credit* cleaned off the counter and the stove, right after I plunked a frozen thing into the slow cooker to cook slowly for us for dinner. *credit*

OK here's my list:

clean=
-wash dishes
-dry dishes and put away
-wipe off stove top and kitchen counters
-get the garbage together and out into the bin.
-wash bedding so we can have bedding for tonight.

old clutter=-remove/tidy/trash/whatever I need to do to clear out the space that leads from the kitchen to the dining room. It's got styrofoam packing material and bags of paintings and don't know what else. Time to make headway twd Box Mountain.

new clutter= read my newspapers!!!! remove from them anything art-worthy (this is why I got my new subscription) and recycle the rest

now to transfer this to my white board and get it done. BBl8r.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #50

Height: 5'8"

Hey all,
I'm going to jump on this bandwagon. I usually post over on the SB thread (Hi Debbie!) but sometimes visit Beck for encouragement. I am OBSESSED with clutter and decluttering. To make things short we were all set to move apartments so had the movers store our stuff for a couple of days last fall as we arranged our closings. To be clear, this was 95% of the stuff we owned. We were supposed to close on our new place on 10/31. Then Sandy came and most of our stuff was destroyed in the storage facility. We were able to rescue a couple of pieces of furniture and sterlize certain mementos but basically lost almost everything.

When we moved into our new apartment we had to start from scratch and I vowed to not acquire things. We've been there now since November and all the home improvement is basically done, as of today. In that time things have slowly started to creep in (i.e. I bought a shirt without getting rid of one that doesn't fit, so they are both still in the closet) and I'm also ready to get into a homekeeping routine now that all the construction dust and debris will be gone. I'm looking forward to joining you all in this thread.

I like Debbie's 1-2-3. Today I had a professional cleaner over to take care of the big stuff so I don't have any real cleaning to do. So here's my list:
1-old clutter: pack up 3 shirts that I no longer wear for donation
2-current clutter: organize spice cabinet
3-clean: nothing
Old 04-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #51
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Matilda(Mmckellen)! Glad you are joining us! I had wondered how you had fared w/Sandy. Is life seeming more normal for you? I'm interested to hear more about your new home.
I must say that your photo project several years ago inspired me to tackle mine. With support from the group here I am 99% complete. I scanned all my photos, gotCostco to put all the slides on DVD and sorted every image into specific files on the computer for viewing in some sort of order. It was a great accomplishment and thx for the inspiration!

So: today is travel day
old clutter (mentally), I sat down and booked the motel reservation for family wedding in MN this summer. Credit
current clutter-will pick up before we leave
clean-I'll make sure kitchen/bathrooms are scrubbed.

Old 04-13-2013, 08:07 AM   #52
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hello!

An early work day here-1st of 4.

old clutter-unpacked from yesterday's travel
current clutter-made bed, dishes done and put away, laundry started
clean-will find something

Old 04-13-2013, 12:05 PM   #53
helpingrachel

Morning all!

Returned from a wonderful vacation enjoying my sisters, the beach and ocean.

Back to reality and freezing temperatures

Cleaning refrigerator today. Husband didn't grocery shop or get rid of stuff. This will be one heck of a task but needs to be done. Once I finish that I will start grocery shopping.

My beck/decluttering skills kicked in everyday at the hotel. Felt good to keep the routine of picking up and helping out the maid that cleaned our room.

I need to spend about 5 hours in my office next week. This will be my goal for the next 7 days.

Last edited by helping rachel : 04-13-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:54 PM   #54

Hi everyone,
Had a busy weekend, but was able to accomplish a couple of 1-2-3s:
-old clutter: gave away an old coat rack; hung the coats in the closet (where they actually belong)
-new clutter: didn't make headway on my closet, but it will be on my list this week
-cleaning: cleaned my son's room (helping him). There's a lot more I need to do in there!

On Friday night I did some rearranging in the apartment. I bought a new end table; my rule is something must go in its place. This time around I guess it's the coatrack.

Looking forward to working with you all next week. Debbie I remember my photo project!! All those photos were lost in Sandy. I should have digitized them. But part of that project was to migrate all my existing digital photos to one share site so at least I have those.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:40 AM   #55
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi!

Matilda, I am sorry to hear about your photos. I am glad you had a bunch of stuff saved digitally.

Tami(helping rachel), welcome home! Glad to hear you had a great trip and found yourself keeping your living space organized even while away.

I'm in a big rush but wanted to check in. This extra work day is making it more difficult to post regularly...I am managing to stay caught up at home. credit.

This morning I focused on my current clutter...made the bed and picked up the rest of the house. Pushed the button, too, to send my taxes electronically. I am grateful I did them weeks ago and didn't have to do anything last minute.

Gotta run!

Old 04-15-2013, 10:00 AM   #56
move

Thumbs up Monday Monday

Hello Declutterers.

Woke up to a really disorganized kitchen yet again. Will get on that today as it only gets worse if I don't deal with it. Today has to be a work day. I've been trying to get at it for days now but all my energy has gone into my sick cat and I can't focus my mind on much else. I'm either worried about her, or upset cause I am cleaning up after her. I do have some solutions for the situation but we had to wait until DH got paid, which has happened, so I can go get what I need and, hopefully, it will help put my mind at ease. Unfortunately, it will make my home seem "less normal" which is against my personal goal for the house. Oh well. One thing at a time. Will check back later today.

Mmckellen I am so sorry you were so affected by Sandy. I am sure it was a complete shock. Glad you are with us.

And welcome back helping rachel. cleaning out the firdge is high on my to-do list. Not today, but up there. So happy to read you had a good vacation.

Lexxiss Your extra day of work really can mess everything up. I hve faith you'll figure it out and get through this time while they sort stuff out at work. Wishing you a good day today.

Bye for now.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:10 PM   #57

Hey guys! Happy Monday. I'm actually raring to go this week. My focus will be on my clothes closet. So these are my weekly goals, but I'll make daily mini goals too.

Old Clutter-take all clothes out of closet (I actually really need to do this as I am getting new components installed next week). Discard at least 15 items. I can do this!
New Clutter-file all paperwork related to house closings
Cleaning - various rooms each day

Mini goals for today:
-old clutter: measure existing components and make list of what I need from Container Store (done!)
-new clutter: make new labels for accordian file (monthly bills) (not done)
-cleaning: not much cleaning I have to do so perhaps I will start sorting the papers. (not done!)

Last edited by Mmckellen : 04-16-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:27 PM   #58

S/C/G: 165/132/125 or 115? not sure

Height: 5'4" (on a good-hair day!)

Welcome, Mmckellen! Glad you joined, but so very sorry to hear about Sandy and the lost photos, etc. Can any be replaced by friends or family?
Old 04-17-2013, 07:12 AM   #59

Thanks for the thoughts guys. I must say that after the initial shock, losing the stuff was freeing in a way. I will NEVER accumulate that much stuff again, and I didn't really have that much to begin with! Now I love to give things away. It truly is a way to make room for good things in life. There is a Buddist saying that you should burn your house down every 5 years. That seems a bit extreme, but I can see why they would say that.

Anyway, yesterday I went to the Container Store and bought the missing components AND I went through my papers and sorted them out and got them ready to file. I do need some supplies like file folders. But I'm on my way.

Today:
old clutter: shred papers that need shredding
new clutter: organize home renovation file
clean: tidy house

Last edited by Mmckellen : 04-17-2013 at 07:13 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:23 PM   #60
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Matilda!
I got a little emotional reading your post thinking about all you've been through... Then I got a chuckle thinking that I would save the house but bring all the stuff in the front yard for a bonfire every five years... Anyway great job getting those papers sorted.

Well I left the house a complete wreck this morning. I was supposed to take my mother to Denver at 9 AM. I had the bed stripped down sheets half on blanket in the dryer I'm folded clothes and general stuff everywhere. Then my mom called at 7:45 and said she wanted to leave in 15 minutes. All I could do was walk away and I did. Now I'm down in Denver and got the grocery shopping done before her appointment so I can go home early and get things back in order. It's a credit that I now like my organized space and do whatever I can to get it back that way .
My mom just called and she's ready for a pick up so we are off to Costco then right back home.
Interesting I usually go to several thrift stores while my mom is at her appointment and today I thought to myself I really have no legitimate reason to be there now and so I stayed away . For me that is great progress!

Last edited by Lexxiss : 04-17-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.