Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 09:33 AM   #226  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi declutterers!

onebyone, thanks for the link to the flady post. I relate....I'm not to the point of choosing to follow Flady everyday but do find lots of stuff helpful. I really came up with my daily 1-2-3 from her site. Small things really add up over days and weeks as long as I stick with small things every day.

Tami(helping rachel), yes! Both procrastination and perfectionism tend to freeze me, too. Using a list for procrastinated items has really helped as well as allowing myself to let go of the perfectionist...I'm able to acknowledge today that even a half-a**ed job moves me forward. lol.

Yesterday, I didn't post but accomplished a 1-2-3

Today:
I'll pick up current clutter (already started)
old clutter-I have several pairs of shoes that have been sitting out-I will put them away in my closet.
clean-I'm going to clean my shelves above my toilet...they are very dusty and I'm sure I'll find something new to pitch.
Credit.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:29 PM   #227  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Default moving forward

Hi Everyone

I *credit* decluttered my purse last night. I just did it about a month ago. Looks like it needs attention every month. It was nagging at me to find the receipts for the paint and the painting supplies that I bought to paint the tea room a few weeks ago now. I bought a certain kind of paint cause I was getting a $rebate for each gallon and I anted to claim it and good thing I found the receipts and the rebate coupon as it expires March 1st. I'll get $28 back. This is on my to-do list for the weekend not today. I also retrieved the receipts for tea room supplies and put them into an envelope. I found several large bills for art supplies for my own stuff too and put that into my little container--but I can't for the life of me figure out how that's organized or what my thinking was with it(?) I'll need to read back in this thread! LOL. At least I know where it is *credit for that I'd say!*

Did not get to the guild. Was still not feeling right about my art proposal this morning (yesterday the weather turned bad so I let DH keep the car. I stayed home to do my art submission). My ideas, (I had a second one btw), just weren't quite right. On a hunch I phoned old art friends in Ottawa and through a brief discussion *boing* there it was. Simple, effective and satisfying made with LESS than hat I thought I would do. LESS. Even my ideas were too cluttered! LOL. I feel good about it now and can go ahead and write the thing up. AWESOME. Whether I get it or not it almost besides the point. For now I am thrilled to have been up to the task of submitting something.

This means guild pottery decluttering tomorrow; possibly working on ceramics at the guild as well.

That's it from me today. See ya!
Old 02-21-2013, 03:37 PM   #228  
persist

Default Kudos

Lexxiss I've been meaning to say how AWESOME it is that you have decluttered, re-organized and are now *enjoying* 4200(!!!!!) photographs! This must be just so immensely satisfying. What an accomplishment. I think very few people manage to get a handle on that one.

I am wondering, what is your strategy going forward for new jpgs/photos so they don't get out of hand again?
Old 02-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #229  
helpingrachel

Hi Ladies!

Snowed in, sitting by the fire, typing up work documents. I made a big pot of chili last night and will work a little in the craft room. I plan on doing one hour of cleaning sometime today, not sure what that will be. Maybe shoveling snow.
House in good condition so nothing screaming for me to attend to it.

Take care all.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:46 PM   #230  
GlenwoodHotSprings

onebyone, here's your post...I was rereading old ones just the other day! It sometimes helps me to revisit my progress.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4610598-post158.html

Thanks for the kudos on my pics. In answer to your question about new stuff my only word right now is vigilance. I'd say 90% of the 4200 were actually old slides/prints. I don't take tons of daily pics but when I've loaded them on my computer I've tried to take 5 minutes and go through and delete no keepers. I have already scanned all the prints DH's DD gave him of the baby...After all the work I put into this I really have an investment in keeping this all together. I truly believe that with this daily 1-2-3 that I do now there is always time for everything.
BTW-great job going through your purse again...which brought up the receipts....I notice I often "forget" the new plan, too.

Tami(helping rachel), I had a wonderful vision of you by the fire typing away...feeling calm because you've accomplished so much. credit. I think we both know there's "always more" but it does become more manageable.

I TOOK A BIG STEP TODAY
I have not involved DH in this process whatsoever, up to this point. I have let him do what he felt like and I have done everything else even though I acknowledge he is a part of this...part of the old clutter, the current clutter AND the stuff that needs to be cleaned.
I went into my office this afternoon....he was using the copier AND had left a big pile of receipts on my desk. I gently showed him how to go through the receipts before recycling. He did it.
He was putting away some stuff from the kitchen just putting them on a top shelf. I gently suggested that all the plastics go in the bin under the microwave. He put them there.
He wanted a ride to lift weights early tomorrow....I said fine and that I'd just make a list of stuff he would need to accomplish before leaving since we travel. I included walking to the mailbox and emptying it. I always do that.

My word is "gentle" but I'm really starting to notice that he has received great benefit from all my months of decluttering and I believe he can start to help with maintenance. Credit! I have thought about it lots and he is already helping more but I just felt the time was right today.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:52 AM   #231  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Declutterers!

I drove hubby to the club early this morning for weightlifting and I've been enjoying some knitting. I'll meet him soon for water aerobics.. Then we'll drive over the hill together.

I got myself up off of the couch remembering no choice.

Old clutter I pulled an old cookbook off this shelf which no longer applies and put it in my thrift box.

I cleaned out the three drawers in my refrigerator which took less than five minutes.

My current clutter will either be put away or taken with me.

Each small step moves me forward credit for doing a little bit when I didn't really feel like it.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #232  
helpingrachel

Lexxiss: Thanks for sharing your journey, daily. It reminds me that we can take action, committed action toward what we value. It is a daily choice. Valuing health, eating choices and what doesn't fit us anymore. I gave a Travel TV away that hasn't been used in years, DH asked where it was. I told him I let it go. He wondered why I did that. I told him, our kids had outgrown it. My hopes is that someone who wants a travel tv and kids will stumble upon it. It was just collecting dust in the closet.

I want to keep things that are of value and needed in the NOW. If not, release them to someone who may need them or want them.

Working on my office today, papers and organizing stuff. Feels good to make progress.

Weight is down 14 lbs. hoping that trend continues.

Last edited by helping rachel; 02-23-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:28 AM   #233  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi declutterers!

Nice job, Tami, with the scale moving down as you continue your journey. Mine isn't moving down much but not moving up, either. I'm happy with that.

Today work comes early and I'm trying to be mindful of DH as he tries to work back into a routine here. Thus, I slept later than usual. Everything is pretty clean since I left it that way credit. I'm trying to get my travel box unpacked before work. Tomorrow is a day off which I'm looking forward to. Perhaps I'll be able to locate a little more "old clutter". lol
Old 02-23-2013, 09:17 AM   #234  
persist

Thumbs up the insiduousness of clutter

Hello

I'm sitting wondering if I have a "clutter mentality"? Or maybe a pre-disposition to clutter things up? I say this because my art submission was cluttered. TOO MANY ideas and arms to the proposal. After sorting it out with 2 trusted friends over the phone the idea shone through. I had it, but it as waaaay too complicated with too many layers. I stripped it back and proposed something much simpler and therefore more direct, which is what you want in a proposal and in a project.

And no I have an opportunity to show work to a gallery owner via a connection my sister made for me on Thursday. I need to contact her asap, but my blog, which is my website, the one that showcases my artwork, is incomplete and not updated. I have to go through my jpg files and find the right ones and post them there.

And, finally, I am off to guild to drop off tea room supplies (it's open today and tomorrow) and to see if I can remove the pottery from the porch and get it into the car. Yesterday I bought heavy duty grocery shopping bags just for this purpose. Will report back later.

Thanks Lexxiss for locating my post! Apparently 3fc runs a good site where we can find things easily!

UPDATE: guild porch cleaned up. 4 bags worth of donated pots now in my studio.
Car trunck also relieved of many items. Now to donate 3 winter coats that were too small for my mom. *credit*

Last edited by onebyone; 02-23-2013 at 11:20 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:35 AM   #235  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi declutterers!

Yes, onebyone, I notice that I do have a clutter mentality. Where I notice it the most right now is as I am continually trying to keep that current clutter at bay. My office is always the worst and looking around it seems I haven't done anything for weeks when the reality is I had it picked up Friday when I arrived back here....

So...I will continue to persist!

Clean-already done...kitchen sink FL style.

Old clutter-picked up the old knitting project. I am going to make a big dent in it today.

Current clutter-I am going to get dressed (FL style) and time myself....the goal to have all the current stuff picked up. I will report back.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:34 PM   #236  
helpingrachel

Hi to all,

Not much going on my way. Made food to send back to college with my son. Cleaned mess and then have dinners made here for 3 nights. Will work on upstairs office even if I don't want to. No choice.

Talk with you all later, in funky mood since son left. Happy for him , always sad to see my kids go. All part of life's process.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:42 AM   #237  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi declutterers!

I once again pondered on the power of routine as I completed my daily stuff. I actually enjoyed putting everything away...cleaning the cat box and working on the old knitting project, even if for just 5 minutes. Progress is progress.

I noticed, too, how much DH is pitching into the morning routine. He made smoothies and picked up in the kitchen. When I went to get the laundry he had already taken it upstairs AND had made the bed. I think the more I stay in routine the more he is finding that he wants to be a part of it.

Back later....gotta head off to work.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:58 AM   #238  
helpingrachel

Good morning all!

Cleaned out pantry and organized food. I have the refrigerator on my list after morning conference call. Getting some mojo back to push to the next project. I like waking up finding the house picked up. (credit) I did that before bed last night.

Progress is progress. Not perfection, as perfection is pure fiction. Carry on, decluttering friends.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:58 PM   #239  
persist

Thumbs up dents and dings

Decluttering Folks

Made a dent myself in organizing my computer files so I can take advantage of unexpected opportunites to pursue opportunities. What's that saying? Luck is when preparation meets opportunity. I am get ready to be lucky my friends!

I also added new work to my art blog and my reg. blog and am considering finally setting up a website again. I like the blogs a lot. Super easy to do and to add to. But I can't show all the categories that I work in. You need to search it to find stuff and older posts are tough to get unless you search.

For me, this falls under decluttering. You wouldn't believe how many places I have files related to artwork I have done. And I have big files and smaller thumbnails all depending on where they will be used. I really should get a dedicated portable hard drive just for my artwork. Actually this is not a bad solution. Gather them all up onto one hard drive. Hmmm.

House-wise I bought a small white table (16" wide) to go between the useless pedestal sink in the bathroom and the little wall that juts out cause that's where my linen closet is. We don't have a medicine cabinet, just a closet with shelves. No shelves anywhere else in the bathroom, just the pedestal sink, the edge of the tub, a holder for stuff in the shower, screwed into the tile (!) and the window sill of the small window. One small bar for hand towels. Two ceramic hooks for one towel each. It's a poor set up. I got really tired of having my toothbrush hang around here and there. DH keeps his in the closet, the thought of which drives me crazy. So I found this little table with a drawer and a door with two shelves inside. Bought a little vanity set: toothbrush holder, soap dish (a bit too big) and a hand soap pump. Then I got new towels, which was the catalyst cause DH could not find a clean towel this morning. I'm tired of living like a student, y'know? Using everyone's hand-me-downs. So I bought 2 face cloths, 2 hand towels, 2 bath towels, not great quality but everything goes together for the first time in my life. And as a bonus I got 6 fake battery operated candles (cause of cats) and an inexpensive white dish to put them on so I can move them when/where I want to. Now I can have a bath without having to listen to the overhead fan cause it's on when the light turns on. Makes having a bath NOT relaxing. The cashier saw my stuff and said "You must have a very sophisticated bathroom." "I'm trying," I said.

Still not sure how to best use the space in the new table though. I think if I can free up one shelf in that linen closet for, oh, linens, that might be a place to start.

I'm aiming to get a bunch of decluttering stuff done this week and next. Need another list, but not tonight. I am ex-haus-ted. Bye for now.

Last edited by onebyone; 02-25-2013 at 09:02 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:59 AM   #240  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi declutterers!

Nice onebyone! I wish I had a functional bathtub.

In a rush this morning....will still find time to pick up current clutter...make bed...etc.credit
Closed Thread