3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Beck Diet Solution

Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 10:47 AM   #166
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Good morning, everyone! I exercised, wrote, and ate 100% on plan yesterday. Those are always good days.

WI: +0.25kgs, Exercise: +60 660/1400 minutes for August, Food: 100% op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

maryann: I hope your thesis writing went well!

Nature_Girl: yay for all those DID NOT eats! Scary photos on the news from Washington -- take care!

onebyone: Yay for all those credits -- I especially like the food shopping routine. I hope the dollar store paints work well for what you need!

Jaye68: So glad the 10 year old was found -- scary. Yay for Day five of no soda!

Beverlyjoy and BillBlueEyes: travel blessings!

Iwanttowin: cool about the mini-trampoline. I would love to know how that works for you.
We have a recipe thread here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/beck...delicious.html

Here's my plan for today.

Breakfast: 1/2 c. cereal, 12 chocolate chips (microwaved for 1 minute, stirred every 15 seconds so the chocolate melts but doesn't burn), two big spoonfuls of yogurt cheese (then microwave 30 more seconds, stirring the yogurt in half way through)

Lunch: tempeh sausage crumbles (http://www.theppk.com/2008/10/tempeh-sausage-crumbles/) smashed with a little yogurt cheese and mayo to make a sandwich filling, 2 slices of homemade bread, roasted mixed veggies. I made the tempeh sausage crumbles yesterday and it makes enough for three lunches, so that will come together pretty quickly. I also have in the back of my mind that DH may want to go out to lunch after his doctor's appointment. I have lunches pre-planned at our favorite lunch spots, so I'll swap in the lunch for that restaurant if that happens.

First afternoon snack: small dish of ice cream at the dairy when I take milk bottles back to the dairy. Ice cream isn't triggering for me so that's the one treat that I still enjoy in a planned and controlled way.

Second afternoon snack: 1/4 c of walnuts mixed with chocolate chips

Dinner: veggie pasta. I put the recipe in our recipe thread, but it's really more method than recipe.

That will probably be it. But I would also allow the popcorn DH makes some evenings after supper. Usually veggie pasta is filling enough and ends up late enough in the evening that we don't need an evening snack.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #167
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Coaches!

Cheering us all on! Steps we take every day make a big difference as we focus on our diets and our Beck skills. I weighed this morning and have a food plan. I'm short on time because I decided "spur of the moment" to go to Denver w/mom so I could complete some needed chores.

Jaye, yay for 5 days without soda! Thats a big deal! Kudos for using your new found resistance skills!

Iwanttowin, I'm glad gardenerjoy posted her plan for today. I'm in a back to basics phase because I've been doing this for awhile. I have been following South Beach Diet for 3 years now and have recently made a shift towards Vegan. There are lots of forums here (South Beach for one) where people post their daily meals. You might check around.
B-green smoothie (kale, cucumber, ginger root, peach) and two protein powders.
L-Superfood salad w/tofu and nuts...balsamic dressing
D-Bean tostada...refried beans, little cheese, lots of lettuce and salsa.
Evening snack-Soy yogurt.
I've adopted the Thinking Thin idea that if I don't "need" a snack I don't plan it in, however, I do have backups for a snack if I need one, usually 15 almonds.

Ok, gotta run! You are all the best!

My last 54 pounds lost on SBD My 2014 Beacher Bio!
Old 08-17-2012, 06:22 PM   #168

S/C/G: 215/ticker!/175

Default Trying for simpler posts.

A la gardenerjoy. I think posting here is of immense help to me -- I often write posts in my head without actually getting them down here -- but I think I spend too much time on the writing.

Last week was not a green exercise week, but we had five grandkids in the house, two of whom I haven't seen for about four months. When the 7-year old girl said to me, "can you stay home and let me braid your hair?" I put my gym plans aside.

This week WILL be a green week. It's also the week that I'll stop drinking wine in the evenings, because there is no way I can drop weight and drink wine. ::sigh:: Last night I didn't have wine and the scale dropped by 1.5 lbs. There can't be a clearer sign.

Major trigger-food credit: yesterday evening, I was running around buying house food, about 3 different stops. Was already grumpy from too much LA traffic, and had consumed some rare, unplanned food for lunch. Was all set in my head to get back on track and then the DP texted, asking me to stop and get chili cheese fries for the kids. Now, these are a major craving of mine, especially during my menstrual cycle, which I had just begun. Credit for driving an extra 1/2 hour to get these, waiting in the drive-through, driving home with them smelling up the car -- and not having on single bite! Credit for not having a single bite when I was so angry about having to do this. Sheesh, it was hard. And in the future I think I'll exercise my right to say NO to requests like these. But I did preserve my sanity and my plan. So credit!

Old 08-17-2012, 11:36 PM   #169
1.have a plan 2.follow it

S/C/G: 291/255/150

Height: 5' 6"

Arrow fast one

Coaches:

Must get to bed at 6am comes early.
Tomorrow I need to remember to make a plan and to follow it and to drink my water. I'm super-cranky today but I have been working very hard and am just plain worn out so it's off to bed with me.

Weighed in this morning *credit*and saw: 250.7 Oh well... salt eh?

Goodnight.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:04 AM   #170
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Coaches!

Committed to checking in...haven't weighed yet. Will do when I get upstairs. At work today. Saturday is the day when there's lots of food sitting around that coworkers pick at. I'm committed to NO CHOICE. I have a plan for dinner.credit.

MaryContrary, well you DID make it through the CCF escapade. credit. Occasionally, I will get really tired of staring at a plate of really off plan food (set in a community spot by a coworker.) I give "time" for it to be eaten...then finally figure it is acceptable for me to put it on a higher shelf. My coworkers know I don't eat that stuff, but would love to. Picking up your trigger food has got to be hard.

OK, need to get ready for work..

Sending Beck support out today!

Old 08-18-2012, 10:34 AM   #171
Green Tomatoes

We did end up going out for lunch yesterday, but it went according to plan. I graded myself at 90% on plan because I didn't 100% follow what I had written, but swapping out a pre-planned restaurant meal is doing pretty good in my book. Most of my weight loss happened with 80% and 90% days. But putting together a string of 100% days has always been my best path when too many 60% and 70% days are messing me up.

WI: -0.35kgs, Exercise: +45 765/1400 minutes for August, Food: 90% op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

Lexxiss: way to go having a plan worked out for what you can predict will be a challenging day at work.

onebyone: Farmers Market today? Hope it goes well!

MaryContrary: I'm impressed that you could get take-out and be angry about it and still not eat it. Saying "no" next time seems like a good plan. That food should surely be a rare treat for anyone, no matter what they weigh. Rare treats, I think, should require effort by the people getting the treat -- they'll appreciate it more.

Greetings to all and sundry! Have a terrific weekend!
Old 08-18-2012, 05:26 PM   #172
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hello everyone,
This will be quick as I am off to work. I have had a busy week, it is my own fault as I am off work next week, so I ended up working more this week to be able to get next week off. I did notice that since I am worn out the snacks in our office were appealing to me yesterday. Usually I am fine with them sitting there and I don't touch them. I had a jujube and then I wanted more...yikes. I ate a handful. To me that is a handful too many. They were not planned. I don't like that feeling. Hopefully today will be better at work on the snacking front. I know you may say it was just a handful of jujubes but to me it is that feeling of the slippery slope.
I hope everyone has a great day.
Take Care
Ann
Old 08-18-2012, 10:48 PM   #173
1.have a plan 2.follow it

S/C/G: 291/255/150

Height: 5' 6"

Coaches:

Long, but successful market day today. Visited my art show downtown afterwards and then we had a breakast out for our dinner.

I ate unplanned food at the market this morning, and not a little bit. Over tired contributed and also I have not nailed my foodplan back down since DH's diagnosis. I/we have been so busy finding recipes for him, getting ingredients, planning what we can eat etc., that I have not figured out how to fit al that into my pre-exisiting WW foodplan. The two don't completely mesh as he is full fat and I had given that up. So I need to get a handle on this before my 250lbs either stall there or clibs upward. I want it to go down down down.

Have a great night.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:08 AM   #174
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Coaches!

Checking in...weighed this morning and have a plan for today. I'm short on time as work is calling. Yay for planned exercise while making $$. Sunday's are very busy.

Ann(Newlifestyle), yay for recognizing that slippery slope, even though it is just a small handfull.

everyone else!

Old 08-19-2012, 10:43 AM   #175
Green Tomatoes

My snacks weren't reasonable yesterday. I think I wasn't that happy with my food plan. I've got one I like better today.

WI: -0.2kgs, Exercise: +60 825/1400 minutes for August, Food: 70%op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

Newlifestyle: Good for your in noticing that fatigue led to office treats becoming more tempting than usual. Useful information there.

onebyone: kudos for recognizing that your plans aren't meshing. That's a good first step for reworking things.

Lexxiss: hope you have a great day at work!
Old 08-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #176

S/C/G: 218/210/183

Height: 6'0"

I think I would have been OP with food the last three days if I had made a plan, except for evening snacks. I just haven't made it a priority.
Have hardly left the house--I'm in that after holiday let down with my girls all gone--blahhhh.
Two nights of rule breaking snacks- made brownies one night when even DH wasn't home (not that he could eat them because they weren't gluten free) The good news is only ate three large, and threw away the last half of the third because it wasn't as good as I hoped. Got DD#3 to come get them the next morning so they didn't cause continued damage. The next night was ice cream from DQ-it was just so damn hot and I had such a headache...it felt good I have to admit.
Bike is broken so I'm planning to walk or hike today & tomorrow.
Rained this morning-hallelujah for us and especially for the fire fighters! Cleaned the air of the heavy smoke smell also.
Made a plan this morning and with luck can walk before evening because rain will also cool us down - 102 yesterday. I want air conditioning for Christmas! But that would be $17,000. And I guess I wouldn't need it at Christmass
newlifestyle- One of my rules is "No eating standing up.
" and that really helps with office junk food--it is rarely good enough to load onto a plate, walk to my desk, sit down and eat---and if it is, I can usually talk myself out of it by then, or at least moderate the size
onebyoneIt is tricky to coordinate plans, (yours and his) but at least you are both talking about plans, so you're talking the same language! Now it is details instead of your plan and his habits and food preferences...two different worlds
Lexxiss- paid to exercise--I need that! Mostly the no choice part. And good way to reframe it!
Old 08-19-2012, 01:49 PM   #177
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning coaches,
Thanks for being here for me. I had a much better day yesterday. I was op. I was tired from working late and I was going to order bacon and eggs at work, they are my comfort food at night when I am tired. One of my co-workers had oatmeal packages and I had a package of oatmeal and an apple instead. That is a first for me at work. I usually pack my own lunch/dinner but once I decide on having unplanned breakfast for dinner I do that. Yeah for not having an unplanned meal that would offer me comfort. I realized the oatmeal is a good comfort food for me.

Onebyone- Congratulations for a successful market day.
I am watching intently to see what sort of plan you adopt to mesh with DH. I feel like I need help in finding a plan that works for me. I still am following calorie counting. Maybe I need to eat clean regardless of my plan. Not sure, I do know I am still struggling with this.

Lexxiss- Have a great day OP. How awesome your work gives you a workout while getting paid. I love when work is busy as I tend to not think about food.

Naturegirl, how nice to have your dd visiting together. Sometimes I too get sad when my sister goes back home after visiting me. She wants us to live closer but she loves the busy fast paced lifestyle and I like the relaxed, slow placed lifestyle for my day to day living. I can't believe how expensive Air Conditioning would be.

Gardenjoy- Congratulations on making a better food plan today. As I read your previous post, I realized I need to stop that all or nothing thinking. Even if I am OP 85% of the day I should be happy instead of wanting to be OP 100% of the day.

Hello to everyone out there. I hope you are having a great day. May all your struggles be minimal and remember to give yourself credit for all you are doing.

Take Care
Ann
Old 08-19-2012, 03:48 PM   #178

S/C/G: 215/ticker!/175

Default Green week!

I decided to count the 2 1/2 hours spend mowing the lawn as a workout. I am sore all over today, which seems to justify the green smilie sticker.

Credit for resisting another Rabbit Hole Food: I love pizza, and will put it on my plan in moderation. But the DP wanted one rather late the other night (messing with the plan in my head) and so instead of giving in and eating it, I changed all the doorknobs in our room, and didn't even stress-eat when I accidentally locked us in the room before finishing the doorknob installation! CREDIT.

Today I face a BBQ and birthday cake, but not much trigger foods are going to be here. The biggest challenge will be to limit my portions and not cave in to standing-eating. I will do it!

Next week's goals:

* No wine in the evening.

* Green week (although shooting for a blue) despite the stress of beginning teaching on Tuesday.

* Making lunches and snacks night before for my teaching days.

* To get below 180! Weighed in this morning at 180.4. I can do it!

You're all doing amazing things!!! xoxo
Old 08-20-2012, 05:42 AM   #179
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Coaches!

Yesterday I lived onebyone's recently shared nightmare....the boss was baking brownies when I arrived at work yesterday. I "had" one small piece, then continued to cut little slices off throughout the day. Now I figure it was probably two brownies in all *BUT* some really poor resistance techniques. I'm sure the pan will be there this morning. I think I'll transfer them to a plate, cover them and put them in the walk in cooler. It will be much easier to resist if they're out of my continual view.

I haven't weighed yet...I'm sure I will. DH and I have added a healthy addition to our daily fare since we weren't getting enough greens. When I get home from work I make us both a big salad and we sit and enjoy it while we talk about our day. credit. and thanks to Dr. Furhman for the reminder.

NatureGirl, great that you recognize that your eating would be helped with "a plan". Kudos . I hope the rain is coming your way.

Ann(Newlifestyle), great choice with oatmeal and apple VS bacon/eggs. I actually brought a small box of oatmeal to work. When I find I "do" need to eat it comes in quite handy.

gardenerjoy, great that you know that your snacks are better when you like your plan. For several months I was trying all kinds of new dinner combinations, which I really didn't enjoy. It finally came back to the automation idea...If we have 4 or 5 meals that are nutritionally sound and we both really enjoy...why keep looking for something better.

MaryContrary, major credit for coming up with a distraction project to avoid the late night pizza. It definately would not have helped with your goal on the scale.

Speaking of foods we enjoy...I have a beautiful electric pressure cooker and DH/I both love black beans. We've been eating our organic refried beans from a can for the past month. Last eve I timed it...10 minutes to prep all the ingredients and 25 minutes in the PC. Now we have beans for the rest of the week. credit.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-20-2012 at 05:44 AM.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:43 AM   #180
Green Tomatoes

I was less hungry yesterday than normal. I figure since I complain with much resentment on the days that are hungrier than normal, it's only fair to acknowledge with gratitude the days when I'm less hungry. The low-hunger days are less frequent than high-hunger days, but they do happen. Maybe they will come along more often if I remember to notice them.

WI: +0.6kgs, Exercise: +60 885/1400 minutes for August, Food: 90%op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

Nature_Girl: good job for getting back at it with both a food plan and a plan to exercise.

Newlifestyle: cool to discover that oatmeal is both a treat and a comfort while still being a good choice!

MaryContrary: great plan for the week you start teaching -- good luck!

Lexxiss: ouch for re-creating onebyone's nightmare. Sounds like a great plan to get that fixed today. I like the idea of a salad as the moment for talking the day over.