Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 09:11 AM   #136  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Morning all!

Just a quick post before I head out to Church and then work. I did good with my eating yestersay, I did slip with a night time snack, but all in all a good day. The sad part about the night time snack was that I was not even hungry! I had intended to "play" on my lap top from the time after supper until bed time, but hubby came home and we sat under our new back yard gazeebo until 8:30-ish and came inside and had our snack around 9pm. and I knew better, but the Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak!! Gotta go. Have a blessed day. Tammy
Old 05-30-2012, 09:42 AM   #137  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Quick post: I'm alive and still working on this. The girl that inspired me to start again isn't still following her plan. That's a reason why I don't blast it one facebook anymore cause then everyone feels like they can judge. I've maintained the last two weeks. :/ I hope tonights weigh in will be better. I don't know if it's muscle soreness or I eat low on my nights off/no water (and the night before was a night off). I am also afraid that I am getting strep. So I'm skipping my barre workout (I already hooped 20 minutes today) and sleeping. I really don't want to get sick cause I have a very busy week/sick. I really would like to get out of the 240s soon! I even amped up my exercise by adding in some walk/runs

And good news! PlayThink will happen next week. So tons of hooping goodness to learn! Plus I have a free VIP ticket to Florida Flow Festival in November. My husband hasn't nixed the idea completely. I can bum a ride from my mother-in-law possibly and ride a plane back. This also means I have a goal to keep going for Flow Camp in October and Florida Flow Fest in November.

Also even though I've only been doing this hardcore for 20 days, I lost 1/2 inch on my hips! It's working! I'll take it (even if it's a missalignment of the tape measure!). Who knows what I can do in 30 days?!

I also talked to my mom about 4-H camp. I will be taking some healthy cereal and almond milk. I don't want to tell my mom that I'm watching my weight. Good think that milk also causes my sinuses icky issues. I'll eat my healthy cereal and if I'm still hungry, parts of the regular breakfast making sure to listen to my stomach, not my eyes. I really would like to maintain my weight (or lose) during camp. I just don't want to backpedal. The other meals I'll go heavy on salad (I luff salads) and no seconds.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:06 PM   #138  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Today

Did good with my eating today. Hubby called me right before I closed the shop to get him a large cherry snowball on the way home, he worked all day outside and sweated a lot and did a lot of physical labor, so he could have those calories and it would not be bad, so I got him one and did not get one for me, which is a plus, I am not crazy about snowballs, I find them too sweet. Will check back in tomorrow.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:39 AM   #139  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Thursday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Another 100% on plan day, CREDIT moi. Slightly better than on plan since I skipped my planned morning snack since I was doing a FREE home energy audit with an enthusiastic representative of the local electric company. This guy had all the neat toys, including a device to generate smoke to watch air flow. I learned that after my water heater turns off, the heated chimney continues to create a draft that sends basement air up the chimney. And that basement air is, of course, sucked down from the upstairs heated air. To determine the temperature setting of the hot water heater, he pointed his temperature gun at the hot water coming out of the kitchen faucet. We found some open holes around plumbing from the third floor into the attic that are constantly letting out heat - Ouch. Lots of fun.

Exercise was gym, CREDIT moi.

Joy (gardenerjoy) – LOL at eating everything in the house so it doesn't go bad - I'd do that. We have a neighbor who always brings us a bag of perishables from her fridge before leaving for a week. She's happy if we use it or put it in the compost bin, but it frees her from that feeling of wasting it.

Debbie (Lexxiss) – I join the chorus liking, "I must keep myself a priority." Kudos for keeping your wits and making a list so that decisions are possible.

Beverlyjoy – Yay for a DH who's making your garden accessible to your ankles. Grandkids and maintenance at the same time sounds good to me.

Daimere – Dynamite idea to bring healthy breakfast to 4-H Camp to avoid the stacks of tempting stuff. Hope that threat of strep just passes - I presume that you can't go to work all strepped up. How do you transport hoops on an airplane?

Tammy (CatholicCajun) – Yay for a new backyard gazebo - did you build that yourself? My dream is to have a gazebo at a distance from the house overlooking our private lake with the butler regularly refilling our glasses of iced tea. But we'd need 40 acres and a private lake which won't fit in our tiny city property, LOL. Kudos for transporting a large cherry snowball and not having one.

Readers -
Quote:
chapter 6 Stage 3 The Challenging Situations Plan
challenging situations skills
Special Advice for Entertaining at Home
Here are some ideas for you to consider:
. . .
Change the food you serve. Offer healthy choices that you can eat. So many people are health conscious these days; your guests are likely to be grateful that you are serving delicious, wholesome food that makes them feel good instead of overstuffed and guilty. And if you find a particular food or dessert too tempting, don't serve it.
. . .

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Complete Beck Diet for Life (Green book), pg 153.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:07 AM   #140  
Green Tomatoes

Off on my low to no internet adventure! I'll check back in mid-June with stories of good meals, consumed in rational portions!
Old 05-31-2012, 12:42 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 173/181/ 165

Height: 5'6

Good Morning, Coaches.

I am officially off for summer. Last night was graduation. The last week of school is always the worst. I know it will be a few days before I wind back down.
I am fully back, committed to Beck. I will read Day 3 today, write down what I eat and I have already been to yoga. I know when I hop back on to a disciplined program I go through some withdrawals of the highs overeating can give you. I am preparing myself. When I first did this two years ago, I remember thinking it was like quitting smoking - a mourning period, some blues. I remember thinking why would I go anywhere or do anything if I can't eat during it. I know this will pass. Life becomes more vivid as I rely on my other senses rather than taste to satisfy me.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:51 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi! I was not focused/willing to jump back into full Beck mode yesterday. I am grateful for the willingness today. I drank alot of water, wrote down what I ate, did my execises, and got mentally prepared for today. I weighed and was up one pound this morning.

I have everything in place to make this a healthful day.

gardenerjoy - hope you are having a good trip

billbe - CREDIT for a 100% op. Wonderful. Sounds like you got some good energy info about your house. (however, who wants to hear about the 'bad' stuff)

maryann - so glad you are done for now. Kudo's for getting ready to move forward with Beck. We know it works.. when we do it. (Notice I said we... cause I need to rmember that too.)

cajuncatholic - credit for NOT eating the sweet frozen goodie!!

daimere - credit for maintaining! Credit, also, for planning ahead for food at camp.

Have a great day!
Old 05-31-2012, 10:22 PM   #143  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs down When it rains it pours

Hi Coaches!

My DH completely severed his quadraceps muscle right above the knee this morning. We spent most of the day at ER and the rest at the Dr. He will have surgery tomorrow afternoon (1 hr day surgery) then we will travel 2 hours to our other house. We have discussed at length today that it is important that I do not lose my job over this. I don't think I'll be checking in until Sunday.

Despite a crazy day, I was able to make rational food choices. I am finishing a lean cuisine I picked up for dinner. I resisted numerous absolutely awful choices for dinner. The best choice I could find at the ER was a banana, an orange (which we split) and a starbucks smoothie for both of us. I also had a green energy bar which I chose after reading the nutritional info.

Once again, exercise was patience.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:46 AM   #144  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Discussion continues on the June 2012 Thread

Please join us as this discussion continues on:

Beck Diet for Life/Solution - June 2012 - Support Discussion Buddy/Coach

You can find the list of previous (or more current) monthly Beck threads here on 3 Fat Chicks via:
List of Monthly Beck Threads for Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 06-01-2012 at 08:19 AM.
Closed Thread