Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 06:02 AM   #91  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Wednesday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - It was a good Valentine's Day. It included gym - CREDIT moi - and eating 100% on plan, CREDIT moi again. DW appreciated the verse I wrote for the card I gave her; it's nice to be at a stage where she doesn't want chocolates, cut flowers, or frilly unmentionables. She appreciates flowers when there are none already on the kitchen table; currently we have an ENORMOUS Amaryllis lingering now for its second week - each year I'm shocked just how gorgeous they are.

onebyone – You do sound focused. May you continue like that as you prepare for your exhibition.

Debbie (Lexxiss) – That childhood refinished cutting board is one super present. Kudos for drooling and moving on.

Beverlyjoy – Waving. Hope all goes well with your surgery today.

maryann - Yay for continuing with your 333 plan - no doubt clothing retailers will fight this if it becomes popular. Can't wait to hear how you DS's dinner came out.

Readers -
Quote:
chapter 4 Stage 1 The Success Skills Plan

reality check

If you are thinking: I haven't mastered these Stage 1 skills, but I think I'll move on to changing my eating and work on my skills along the way.

Face reality: It just doesn't work to move on without mastering these skills. If you don't master them now, chances are you never will. Once you start Stage 2, you will be busy with changing your eating. It's likely you will be successful in losing some weight, but you are unlikely to be able to keep it off.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Complete Beck Diet for Life (Green book), pg 105.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:38 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Thanks to everyone for your positive thoughts and prayers in regards to my surgery today. Hello life...goodbye gallbladder.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:54 AM   #93  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverlyjoy View Post
Thanks to everyone for your positive thoughts and prayers in regards to my surgery today. Hello life...goodbye gallbladder.
Thinking of you and sending healing thoughts your way.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:58 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 173/178/ 165

Height: 5'6

Good Morning,

Planned for choc at school rather than sink to stealing, sneaking and eating while standing. Hopefully this will help curtail the foraging. Weight is 3 pounds from ticker - meaning I haven't lost any on WW yet. Discourgaing but I will not be defeated. A little blue at school. I haven't slept well and face a meeting that will tell me I don't know how to teach becuase I teach poor kids.
On the bright side, DS Valentine dinner was a hit. Sugar cookies with red hots, fresh lemonade with hand picked lemons and green beans. He was jumping uup and down when Daddy came in.
Happy to read everyone. Personals hopefully tomorrow.

Mary Ann
Old 02-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #95  
50 and Fabulous :)

S/C/G: 250/229/160

Height: 5'4"

Onebyone: I’m sorry, I have to laugh... 57 is freezing? Good luck selling the portrait!

Gardnerjoy: Yay making it through pot luck! That’s HUGE CREDIT!

Maryann: Keep up the great work!

Pamatga: For whatever it’s worth, I try to tell myself that the entire journey, even the setbacks, is critical to make the necessary long term changes. I’ve learned a lot from these times. Best to you in figuring it all out and getting back on track.

Beverlyjoy: Speedy recovery vibes and hope you’re back up and at it very soon!!!

Bill: Glad you had a great valentine’s day!

So I had a fun experience the other day. I was whining to my husband because my XL workout wear is too big and I didn't want to buy stuff that I was only going to be able to use for a short period of time (I know I know, good problem, but still). So anyway, just on a shear whim, I tried on my old size small workout wear...and it fit! Now at 176 I seriously don't understand HOW it's fitting but it is. I also wore a size petite jersey dress for Valentine's Day lunch with hubby... mind you, two layers of lycra (very good to discourage eating, or breathing for that matter LOL!) but I marginally pulled it off. I'm almost to the point where I can say I have 30+ more to lose which is starting to feel attainable. So pretty positive all in all, just impatient, as usual
Old 02-15-2012, 11:35 PM   #96  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Thumbs up quick again

Hey Coaches

I need to get in the shower and then to bed. Big day tomorrow getting my prints up for the exhibit tomorrow night.

I finished my key piece this evening. One more to go and I'll do it asap as soon as I get up. It'll be wet for the show but that's ok with them.

Credits: food is OP, tracked my food today, keeping it together until I can relax at 9:01pm tomorrow night.

Here they celebrate the sunset with an elaborate festival every night, but I just found out there is a sunrise gathering every morning. They are even a club! That's now on my to-do list as is swimming in the ocean (finally).

G'night.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:54 PM   #97  
Green Tomatoes

I went to an advisory board meeting today where our appreciation gift was a heart-shaped box of chocolates. I quietly left mine on the table. I still eat chocolate but I'm extremely picky (or some might call it snooty) about what I eat. These were not good enough. I eat chocolate candies so rarely now that I'm willing to pay a lot of money for a truly amazing chocolate experience and I'm no longer willing to waste calories on anything less, even when it's free.

WI: +1.15kgs, Exercise:+60 625/1300 minutes for February, Food: 100%op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

Beverlyjoy: I've been beaming healing energies your way all day! Hope it went well.

Last edited by gardenerjoy; 02-15-2012 at 11:55 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:32 AM   #98  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Thursday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Even though the Amaryllis is still going, I fell for some Daffodils at Trader Joe's when shopping for pecans and raisins - fresh picked buds from Ireland at 10 for $1.49. I just love watching them slowly bloom. DW was thrilled at the hint of Spring.

Eating was on plan, CREDIT moi. Exercise was walking (CREDIT moi) to Trader Joe's.

onebyone – Congrats for finishing your key piece. LOL at the thought, why Yes, they do have sunrise in Florida.

Joy (gardenerjoy) – Picky Kudos for passing on the chocolate even though it was FREE. It's a great place to be when you're eating so little chocolate that only the very best is worth it.

Beverlyjoy – HELLO LIFE. Hope all is well.

maryann - Just love DS's excitement over his prepared meal. Ouch for having to face those who reduce kids to scores on standardized tests. Test Scores are Just a Number might be Beck's response.

Donamari (fyreflie24) - Wonderful NSV's about old clothes that fit - Congrats for getting yourself there.

Readers -
Quote:
chapter 6 Stage 3 The Challenging Situations Plan
challenging situations skills
You will now learn 14 skills that you will use over and over in Stage 3, particularly when you are eating out or entertaining guests at home. Practice them in each relevant situation.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Complete Beck Diet for Life (Green book), pg 131.

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 02-17-2012 at 04:09 AM. Reason: daisies => Daffodils - Duh.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:48 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 173/178/ 165

Height: 5'6

Good Morning, Coaches.
I feel full of positive stuff today. One more ridiculous meeting over. I didn't go off the deep end - too much. Took DS to piano and violin and heard him play as I was walking up to the building to pick him up. For a moment I forgot he was my son and thought, "Who is making that beautiful music?" And now I am driving up to Tahoe to ski for two days with a friend.Skiing might be an optimistic word - there isn't much snow around this winter. Food yesterday was on track until meeting then I buried myself in old XMAS candy and regretted it an hour later. Adjusted points with dinner and ended with a slight loss on the scale. Two pounds from ticker. Have planned food for the day. I am focusing on sitting down to eat everything.
BBE: I was thinking of pecans yesterday in the store. We have five acres we don't commercially harvest. DH brought me a big old bag I have to crack. At the store they were on sale for 14.00 a pound. Gulp. That is more than meat! I better get cracking.
gardenerjoy: I am with you on the pickiness. That is a good habit I have developed and use consistently - My body is no longer a trashcan for crappy food.
fyreflie: I definitely went through a clothing acquisition phase. For me it was a necessity to celebrate each new smaller size. I had to feel terrific about how I looked to keep on the journey. I bought new capris a couple of years ago I wore for three months than donated. This was my thinking - I spent more on one night of compulsive eating than I did on the pants and got three months more use.

Best to all.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:27 AM   #100  

Hi Buddies/Coaches
Sorry I have been out of touch. My Mom died Monday evening and since then it has been a whirl of arrangements, etc.
Food has not been perfect, but weight wise I am holding my own. Will get back to you next week.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #101  
50 and Fabulous :)

S/C/G: 250/229/160

Height: 5'4"

Maplover: I am so sorry for your loss! Breathe, do what you need. Much love and healing to you. Losing a parent is never an easy time.

Gardnerjoy:Oh I am with you girl! I'm not wasting calories on garbage. If I'm having it, it's gotta be the really good stuff!

Maryann: I've become a real sale shopper since I know I won't wear some of this clothing very much but like you said, each smaller size is a big deal! And old smaller clothing is an even bigger deal!!!!
Old 02-16-2012, 06:37 PM   #102  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Coaches/Buddies/Friends!

maplover, I am so sorry to hear of your Mom's passing. Thanks for finding a moment to connect with us here as you are in the whirl of arrangements. I look forward to your return. Peace to you.

I had a day to myself and used it to focus on myself and with my continued self-care . I completed and crossed off many items on my Beck list and so far am 100% OP. Spontaneous exercise was a scrub down in the kitchen (with DH's help) and I spent time this afternoon decluttering the house and prepping veggies in my clean kitchen. *credit* Yesterday as I planned future appts. with my mom I realized that 12 weeks from today I will be in Alaska. Wow.

BillBlueEyes, so amazing that daisies picked in Ireland have still not bloomed. GJ with OP eating AND exercise.

Beverlyjoy, I hope you are recovering well.

Donamarie(fyreflie24), I noticed your cheerleaders have increased in number. Congrats on another mini-goal met! I have noticed, too, that old clothes fit me at a higher weight. It's because we're more muscle than we used to be.

MaryAnn, skiing not to great here, either. Nice job adjusting your points after your detour w/candy.

gardenerjoy, "discriminating" would describe your self described relationship with truly amazing chocolate.

onebyone, best wishes for your exhibit tonight!

Pam(atga), missing you. GJ getting back on track after your auto pilot was temporarily down!
Old 02-17-2012, 12:24 AM   #103  
Green Tomatoes

After doing so well with the chocolates yesterday, I wasn't on my guard and found myself eating a brownie today. Darn! I'll do better next time, though, because it wasn't good enough to repeat the experience.

WI: -0.35kgs, Exercise:+35 660/1300 minutes for February, Food: 70%op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

maplover: So sorry for your loss. It's a very traumatic, busy, sad time with, I hope for you, some oddly tranquil and happy moments of connection.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:53 AM   #104  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Friday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - The Daffodils that I got for DW are just slightly opening - I never get tired of seeing that process. (Apparently I didn't have enough coffee and called them daisies yesterday - Duh!) Did gym, CREDIT moi, where the manager said that his records show the New Year's crowd thinning more slowly than previous years - possibly due to better weather. Yay for one spot on the planet where more exercise is happening.

Food was on-plan, CREDIT moi, until evening snack when I had two extra California Navel Oranges. However healthy they are, they aren't on plan and are fueling the giving-in muscle. Today I'm going to update my Advantages Deck to increase my evening motivation.

Joy (gardenerjoy) – Yep, a mediocre brownie is just a mediocre brownie.

Beverlyjoy – Waving in the direction of the recovery room. Hope recovery is doing its thing.

Debbie (Lexxiss) – Yay for spontaneous exercise - even though it's on the kitchen floor. [Thanks for echoing my word 'daisies' which made me wonder why you hadn't said Daffodils until I looked back at my post, LOL.]

maryann - Yay for a DS who makes beautiful music, with Congrats to the parents who fostered that. Ouch for Xmas candy lingering and grabbing you - is it time for that stuff to go out with the old Christmas Tree? [When I was a kid, we shelled pecans all the time - store bought pecan halves hadn't been invented yet, LOL.]

Donamari (fyreflie24) – I like the reinforcement, no need to waste our body with garbage food.

maplover – My heartfelt condolences for the loss of your mother and supportive thoughts as you face the journey of processing your grief. I'll continue to think of you for the week even if you're not posting.

Readers -
Quote:
chapter 6 Stage 3 The Challenging Situations Plan
challenging situations skills
Before the Event
1.0 Change your mindset. In the past, did you ever think, It's okay to make exceptions on weekends, holidays, or special occasions ... when I'm traveling, eating out ... when I'm stressed? How well did this "It's okay to make exceptions" mindset work for you in your goal to lose weight permanently? The mindset of successful maintainers is different. They believe, None of these exceptions matters ... Because I want to maintain my weight loss permanently, I'm going to eat in the same way 365 days a year (unless I have made a rule that it is okay to use Special Event Calories).
. . .

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Complete Beck Diet for Life (Green book), pg 131.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:13 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi friends/coaches..

Home sweet home. I got home yesterday. (surgery was on Wednesday afternoon) Thanks for all of your prayers, positive thoughts and good wishes. I felt them all.

I am doing better. The surgeon said my poor sad gallblader was 'loaded' with stones. No wonder it didn't work! I am sore, but, better as time goes on. It only really hurts alot when I move around. However, I need to walk... so, it will work itself out. The pain meds are working... I feel loopy, however.

So far, things are going well for me. I haven't been sick to my stomach with the pain meds. This was a big concern. I had excellent care at the hospital.

I am a little wobbly because of the pain medicine - but, I am managing.

I've been keeping my food 'easy' on the tummy, until by digestion gets used to not having a gallbladder in the equation. Crackers/broth/rice/applesauce/lifesavers.

Thanks again...

BTW --I HAVE BROKEN THE SURGERY CURSE. (for any newbies - I had an ankle surgery scheduled for three separate times - then some legitimate crazy reasons always came up to cancel them) I am so, so glad this one happened!!!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 02-17-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Closed Thread