Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Old 11-20-2011, 07:42 AM   #1  
weight watchers

S/C/G: 211/211/150

Default Hello! Just Started!

Hello Everyone!

I am new to the Beck program and wanted to drop in and say hello! I just made my first ARC card and got my diet, my back up. The first program was recommended by my PCP, the second my Cardiologist. First one is weight watchers, the second a low carb plan. I love carbs, so I am making the cardiologist one a last ditch effort.

My question is this, my doctor didn't want me to wait the three weeks (15 days) recommended in the book. He wanted me to start, like, yesterday due to my heart issues. I am wondering how many of us waited the full 15 days?

I am looking through the diet buddy/ coach threads and hope to join the conversation soon!

Metta,
Cat
ckatgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 145/144/115

Height: 5'3

Welcome, Cat! If you need a buddy for day by day support, feel free to join me in the Solution from Scratch thread. Day 1 begins today!

This will be my third round with Beck. And each time, I'm too impatient to wait 14 days. And I've done alright. I still yo-yo and binge, but by and large, I've kept my weight within reason.
Nelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi ckatgo... WELCOME!

I use the pink book. I started my food plan right away. Dr. Beck said that is permitted.

So glad you posted.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:08 AM   #4  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Welcome Cat (ckatgo) - You certainly don't have to wait the fifteen days to begin the low carb plan that your cardiologist prescribes. My take is that Beck asks us to wait two weeks before we begin our "diet" so that we concentrate on learning the strategies before we get tangled up watching the scale. The important thing is to charge forward working the strategies even if pounds begin to drop right away.

Good luck with your new plan. Feel free to join us on the monthly thread whenever you're ready. There are no rules. I encourage new folks to skip the personals initially - just report. It's an easier start, and personal responses become easier after you begin to know people.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:15 AM   #5  
weight watchers

S/C/G: 211/211/150

Thank you everyone for your thoughtful replies. I will certainly be jumping up to that thread!
ckatgo is offline   Reply With Quote