Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 06:54 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

Coaches/Buddies, hello! Sorry I’ve been MIA. I had to take a break to focus on my school work, as I just finished my preliminary doctoral exams! I passed, which is terrific. I can now focus on my dissertation work.

I have not been planning my food during the last several weeks, so today I am getting back on track with that. Then I plan to also review some of the Beck material I have gone over before.

Yesterday/Today’s Essentials:
Weigh-in: +0.5 lbs.
Read Advantage Cards two times: no
Read Response Cards at least two times: no
Ate slowly, sitting down, noticing every bite: no
Gave myself credit when I engaged in helpful eating behaviors: yes
Did spontaneous exercise: yes
Did planned exercise: none planned
Wrote out food plan for tomorrow: no
Tracked today’s food: no
Left food on my plate: no
Ate only to normal fullness: no
Identified and responded to a self-deluding thought: yes

[B]Alana in Canada[B], nice to meet you. Great job for the 100% on plan day!

BillBlueEyes, I hope you can carve out a small space for sanity!

Lexxiss, hope you have a great trip to Sante Fe and are on plan every day!

Rubidoux, hi! Nice to meet you. I am ecstatic for you that you that you had so many days in a row on plan! My hero!! Good luck managing that craving. You can beat it!
Old 08-10-2011, 08:19 AM   #107  
Fighting Piano Butt!

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Morning Coaches/Buddies!

Yesterday worked out great. I went for lunch to a vegan restaurant where I could order something on my plan, and had salad for dinner with my own beans & dressing. Scale went down again this morning and I finally feel somewhat less fatigue. I know I need to stay in the moment and not let my mind spin out into planning my whole life ... that just drains my energy.

missyj - Congrats on the loss!
maryann - Indeed several big victories for you this weekend - well done!!
Alana - I totally feel your anxiety about parenting. It's hard to be the grownup when some short person is screaming at you or rolling their eyes. (I don't know ANYONE like that at all, LOL!) But you are conscious and concerned - those are signs of a good parent to me Good advice about wheat and fatigue - I've definitely cut back on wheat a lot, and yesterday ate no wheat at all and feel much less tired today. Hmmmmmm ...
onebyone - ((((((HUGS))))))) Welcome back home! Congrats on your successful art collective debut. More (((((Hugs)))))) re your mom - Alzheimers has to be one of the toughest things for a daughter to deal with.
Welcome TriMommy!! You'll love it here!
pamatga - Congrats on Day 1 of your challenge! Sounds like you did great!!
SuperChick - Yay for seeing out of both eyes!!
Beverlyjoy - WTG on 4 healthy days! That's fantastic.
rubidoux - Congrats on 11 OP days!! Major credit is due. I personally find that the less I indulge my cravings, the weaker they get. Perhaps this is also the case for you!
BillBE - Ouch for reno-induced snacks ... it's indeed difficult when your everyday comforts are gone. Is there something else lovely that you can do for yourself? You deserve it!!
Debbie (Lexxiss) - You are doing so well in your travels. Enjoy your trip to Santa Fe ... definitely a place I'd like to visit someday. (Great opera there too!)

It is great to see so much positive energy in the group! Keep up the great work, everyone!
Erika

Read ARC: yes
Sat down to eat: yes
Gave myself credit: yes
Walking: yes (spontaneous)
Qi Gong: no
Old 08-10-2011, 09:13 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 206/195/165 (for now)

Height: 5' 2"

Hello everyone! Work has been crazy here in Chicago this week - not much time on the forum. Struggled a bit yesterday when we took a coworker out for a farewell drink. Plates of fries all over the tables. Forgot about my resistance muscle temporarily and dug in. (BillBlueEyes - I really should have taped those ARCs to my forehead!!) But logged it all as part of my weekly WW points and am trying to move forward. Made good choices for my meals, and even altered my planned dinner after the blasted fries so credit that! I am going to try and get a nice long walk in tonight - the weather is beautiful here today and I have to take advantage of the lack of stifling heat.

Not much time to respond to everything - will try to catch up later. But several of your posts have inspired me to stay the course and not be derailed by some fries.

onebyone - I need to start exercising more regularly again. I like your 90 times challenge/target idea and am going to strive for something similar. I have never tracked exercise as much as I have tracked food.

Beverlyjoy - I am SO going to try the leave a bite theory! Again, something I very rarely do.

rubidoux - Credit for 11 days! You are going to inspire me!

Happy Day All!
Old 08-10-2011, 09:24 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Beck friends! I got through another healthy day... I am very grateful.

I took my Lean Pocket Pizza-style to the neighborhood gathering and a salad. I am grateful for the willingness to bring my own.

I accomplished many of my goals: planned/measured/logged food, lots of water, stretches & strengthening, slowed down eating (most of the time), ate seated (most of the time), left a bite, and showed a willingness to try.

My husband had a bag of sour lemon hard candies. After I ate a couple, I took the rest of the candy, doused it with liquid dish soap, and threw it away. Better in the trash than me.

I've lost five pounds since last Friday. I am very certain that a good part of it is water weight... but, I am happy/grateful to see the scale go down!

I am getting the hang of the spark people food tracker. I find it’s really helpful in keeping track of sodium, too.

Thanks to everyone to all your kind words and support as I try to get back to food sanity and implementing the Beck principles.

Erika - so glad that you could find something on your plan at the restaurant. It’s wonderful to see that scale go down - carry on.

Futurefitchick - glad to see you. You goals are wonderful. It will feel good to get back to your strategy or plan. I know.. Because I am just coming back after being MIA for a while.

Lexxiss/Debbie - so, so glad you are staying on plan despite all the craziness. Safe travel to Santa Fe. Good to see you.

Bbe - chaos with builders - ugh. Hang in there. Good to up your exercise… helps with stress.

Rubidium - Hi. Thanks for your understanding thoughts. So glad you had a good day! It feels so good when you can put together many days of OP eating. Kudo’s.

Alana in Canada - so glad you had a good day!! Patience is a good thing, yes.

Maryann - I am doing a ‘so happy and proud’ dance for you. It’s wonderful to avoid the frozen yogurt and put off eating the candy! You are so right about using the resistance muscle strengthens it. (thanks for the remindr)

Have a wonderful day!!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 08-10-2011 at 12:23 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:04 AM   #110  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Thumbs up Mid week

Hi Coaches

*credit for weighing in this morning. -1.5lbs for a weigh-in of 281.5.
The scale moved downwards. That's a good direction for me.

Spurred on by the scale this morning I am planning a WATP workout session today. I have several videos I've never tried: 3 mi ABS, 4 mi super challenge, 5 mi fat burning walk. So many good choices! I also have the 1 mile walk I did yesterday but I feel like seeing what I can do.
I'll check in with my results later after I do it.
UPDATE: 1 mile fat burning walk done - this one mile workout was faster than what I've seen Leslie do before. Interesting. And I did reach my second goal which is: sweating from the workout

Foodwise I am cutting back on the carbs, trying to hold the white carbs to one meal only. I would get rid of those carbs altogether but my finances are tight until payday and I need to be realistic as I cannot just go out and buy food willy-nilly until the 15th when I can buy from a grocery list. So I am working with what I've got. I'm going to make this work. I won't be 280+lbs on my birthday 3 months from now.

Workwise I am getting ready now for my final summer shows. I have two back to back one week from Saturday. My last Ottawa trip for a good while I hope! DH may come with me but I think I'll be ok if he doesn't as I found out my Sunday show is a 10am start and not a 9am start, important as I drive from Ottawa to Kingston to do it and that's about a 2hr drive. I can leave at 7 am and not 6am which will be much better for me. This week is prep for the Kingston show. Next week prep for the Saturday Ottawa show. I have a guaranteed payday too so it's much less stressful to work toward this show. I know I'll be rewarded for the work.

Guess that's my update. It's good to be feeling good again. As always, thanks for listening.

Last edited by onebyone; 08-10-2011 at 04:47 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:35 AM   #111  
Finding what works for me

S/C/G: 209 / 194 / 160

Height: 5' 9"

Unhappy urgh. still busy.

Hey Becksters, hope I find everyone well? Today is another manic one it’s taken me all day to get 5 minutes to write this! I feel like my planning has fell by the wayside with my increased workload and out-of-work activities so tonight I’m going to try to do some sorting and planning so that I can stay on track – I feel like the planning / recording is really helping me stay on plan.

Credits:
weigh in – same as yesterday so zero change, checked in, read ARC, planned food (to an extent), went surfing before work (yippee!)

Non-credits: Went to the supermarket at lunch and was offered a chocolate sample – I took it without even thinking! Doh.

A couple of people have started to notice that I’ve lost weight or have made comments that I look ‘better’ (not sure if this means I looked worse before ) which is nice and it got me thinking – the book of my plan (Adore yourself Slim) has a page in where it tells you to record all the compliments you receive with a date and a time so that when you feel a bit low you can refer back to it and see that you are changing and moving forward and to give yourself a bit of a boost. I think it’s quite a good idea and I thought I’d share it with you guys – it doesn’t have to be weight related, it could be something about your personality, or generosity or whatever, but I think it ties in with Beck – you could put them on a response card as a reminder… It may seem a bit narcissistic but I think we all deserve to know how fabulous we all are! (sounds a bit Gok Wan, but I’m not sure you guys in the US will know who I mean…)

Erika – thanks! Big up for the weight loss – you’re doing great and you seem so well prepared, taking your own beans & dressing

BBE - Ouch for ‘camping in your own house’ fun to begin with but it grows tired quickly. Sending you some calming thoughts

Alana – credit for being patient while teaching maths! That takes super human effort

MaryannCREDIT – I love those revolutionary moments when you do something different to how you’ve always reacted before, awesome!

hello to everyone else

Have a good rest of the day everyone!
Old 08-10-2011, 11:40 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 180/173.6/155

Height: 5'7

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.

BillBlueEyes – I stumbled across this forum when I was googling the Beck Diet. I enjoy being part of online groups, so I decided to jump in.

Pardon my lack of personals, I’m headed out in a minute for a bike ride but I wanted to get in a quick post before I leave.

Some credit for yesterday – I did do a food plan and stuck to it for the most part (had to swap something out when I realized I didn’t have the right fixings). Exercise – did one hour of cardio at the gym. Felt tired and sore because I haven’t exercised for a while, but it felt great at the same time. Spent some time working on my response cards. I don’t get much time to do things like that, since I’m usually holding or nursing a baby, but I’m getting close to having them all done. I also weighed in yesterday and was glad to see a little drop. And I made my food plan for today before I went to bed. So overall, a good day!

Credit for today – Weighed in this morning and saw another drop. Stayed on plan for breakfast, and now I’m headed out for some exercise. So far so good!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-10-2011, 12:06 PM   #113  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile

GD fellow Becksters!

Beverlyjoy Great Job in pre-planning a difficult eating out situation! Our Friday night Bible study starts in 3 weeks and we kick it off with a huge pot luck meal. I am already thinking about how I am going to deal with. I'm that uptight about it. Major Credits for all the Beck skills you have been working on!!

Eusebius - Glad to hear that your headaches are subsiding. Between head and feet; when either hurt, the whole body hurts , IMO!

Futurefitchick - Even when you are away, you are always in our thoughts, friend!! Glad to hear you are chugging along.

Lexxiss- Great Job in using the Beck skills when traveling. Probably the most challenging thing IMO.

BBE - Are you down to "days left" now when all of this renovation work will be past? Hope so! I too would love to see a before/after if you have documented your work. I am sure it is beautiful.

Rubidioux - Great Job in a continuum of good days! Here's for good days!

Alana in Canada - BLC is "Biggest Loser Club"-the online diet support website of the t.v. series. I don't know if you have that in Canada or not. Quite frankly, there are a lot of the elements of the t.v series that I do not like but one thing that I can't argue with is the results the people end up. I have agreed to do a "Buddy Challenge" over there. I need the "challenge" right now. Although I eat much healthier than I ever have, quite simply put, I eat too much. Left to my own devices, I eat like a lumberjack. After years of mega-binging(try 6000-8000 calories per day at times--many years ago), I don't know if I will ever shrink my stomach down so it will willingly accept less food but my stubborness will not allow me to quit. I'm not a loser yet but I am also not a quitter. That I do know about me.

Maryann - You can do this, friend!! In fact, you're showing us right now that you are doing it! Major Credits go your way.

Credit:

**Got through Day 2 of my BLC "Buddy Challenge". How? I kept busy and (don't fall down now) I ate every 3 hours! Yes, me!! I was hungry right up to when I went to bed. Again, since I probably super-sized my stomach in years past, I may always have to live with feeling hungry and not being able to eat to fill that empty pit. Add to that my ulcer and my stomach can give me trouble I don't want.

"Hunger is not an emergency" so I just kept drinking liquids and keeping busy. Had spicy (unknowingly) food for dinner and my ulcer was killing me and I was out of even Tums. Ouch! Lifted a heavy plastic bin of winter sweaters over my head on a top shelf in my closet and strained that muscle in my upper back. Shooting pain and numbness in my right arm followed. Got on it right away with meds and Icy Hot and good corrective sleep. It is good enough today that I am proceeding with my strength working out after I post here.
**Stats for Day 2:
*2248 calories (148 cal over BLC recommended) 4223 mg sod. 1223 mg over BLC recommended--it was the take out my DH brought me for dinner)
*Logged every bite on my BLC food log (I do everyday faithfully-my best habit thus far--I find their food log easier than Spark People too Bev)
*4 serv Veg-(3 serv) steamed broccoli, carrots, celery
3 serv Fruit-whole apple, NS cranberry juice, prune
*walked 1.75 miles (I don't know if I can keep this up but I'll do my best!--I use a pedometer for accuracy)
*slept 9 hours (me?? hard to believe-got up only once to pee--that's because that was all I was doing yesterday-it was starting to get annoying)
*90 oz non-calorie beverages(64 oz H20)

Hope everyone has a great day!

Pam

Last edited by pamatga; 08-10-2011 at 12:10 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:57 PM   #114  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

Default Thursday noon

Last night I got all upset when we thought we had lost most of my son's pictures from Newfoundland. Fortunately, I found them this morning in a different computer file. His Dad and I will be pleased to look at them tonight on the computer and have him tell us all about it all. Unfortunately, I fixed my self a snack of chocolate chips + peanuts--about a 1/2 cup. My "plan" allows up to 70 calories of "sweets" a day--and I'm sure I could figure out the protein exchange in the peanuts--in other words, I could find a way to include it on the plan and give it to myself as a sweet little treat now and again--mixing the chocolate with the nuts give me a sweet/salty hit which is nice--and the peanuts are filling. To make up for it, I didn't have my planned snack (rye toast with 1oz of cheese, onion, tomato and basil placed under the broiler until melted. oooh--I think I'll eat that for breakfast.)

Slept an absurdly long time--around 11 hours? We were up late, though. The husband and kids were kick boxing with the X-box K'nect at 11 pm last night in spite of my admonishments. Didn't get up until noon when my daughter woke me up. Yikes. Late start today. My body must like it, though--the scale showed a two pound drop from yesterday. I made an effort to drink my water yesterday--I think that contributed.

BBBE--One of the reasons we have refrained from doing any renovations is that I know I would not be able to handle the chaos in the house. Kudos to you for all your hard work! If you are going to snack--can they be a part of your planned eating for the day? I always write down two snacks as part of my planned eating.

Pamatga--Thanks so much for the explanation. I'm glad that pulled muscle got taken care of immediately. My back is a very fragile beast at times, too. You remind me that taking action right away means I don't need to live in fear of hurting myself...(hope that made sense).

Onebyone--it it only two hours from Ottawa to Kingston? Really? I've always thought it was further than that. I have a cousin in Kingston. I want to say, that while there is nothing wrong with pushing yourself physically and "seeing what your body can do" as you put it, there's also nothing wrong with putting in the one mile WATP dvd again today. Kindness may be what you need more than a challenging workout. But that's just my opinion from a long, long way away. You know what's best.

I will do my best to get to the rest of the personals when we take a break later today. Right now, though, I need to get this day started, already.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:30 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/130

Height: 5'1.5"

It's a busy morning here!

BBE, I'm picturing you in your once comfortable house that is now in chaos and you don't know which way to turn for a breather, so you grab a snack. And I was thinking maybe a snacking "to do" list might help you. You could have busy "getting things done" items on there and/or relaxing items. So when you want to snack, maybe you could say, "maybe, but first I'm going to sort the laundry", or "read five pages of a novel," or something to remove you from the situation you were in and change your focus. And then decide whether or not you are *hungry* or otherwise need that snack.

Lexxiss, Ooooh, Santa Fe sounds so nice! Dh and I spent our honeymoon there, going to another friend's wedding. I hope you have a relaxing time.

FutureFitChick, What is you doctorate in? It must be so nice to moving onto the next phase of it. Congrats!

Eusebius, I'm happy you have a restaurant where you can get a good vegan meal. I wish there were somewhere where I could walk in and get a big plate of bacon. But there are plenty of places where I can get a good slab of meat. Here and other places I've lived, vegan is hard to come by unless you want some iceberg and cherry tomatoes.

missyj, Plates of fries would be screaming to me, too. That's great that you got right back on! I think that's a very valuable skill.

Beverlyjoy, Sounds like you had a great day and had lots of accomplishments. I have used that same strategy of ruining tempting food to make sure I don't eat it. Sometimes I have just not even trusted myself to leave it in the garbage. It's got to be down the disposal or drenched in water or something. I'm happy you did what you had to do!

onebyone, Yay for the low weight! I hear you on the grocery shopping. I've actually got things down to where I can eat for $4 a day. lol I still gotta feed the family, though. I'm happy you're feeling better!

SuperChick, That's a great idea about keeping track of the compliments. I have only had a couple so far, but I do remember them and they make me feel better when I think of them.

Trimommy, It sounds like you're doing great! And it's great that you're able to have a little time to yourself to exercise.

It's only 2 pm here in cali, but today is shaping up to be my normal eating routine. In a few minutes, I'll go get my 8yo from camp and from then until dinnertime I'll be running around busy with no time to get myself in trouble. I'm proud of myself because I've managed to schedule the whole week with fun stuff for my kittle guy in the mornings, and that keeps me busy and not thinking about eating in the am. So, I'm giving myself some credit both for arranging my life in a way that facilitates my eating plan AND showing my sweetie a good time.

I've read through my ARC once today and will do so again before dinner. Haven't had much of a chance to use my BDS skills today, except that a few minutes ago I thought "yikes, I'm hungry," and I immediately responded, "hunger is not a problem, it'll pass." And I think it already has.

I just heard the mail carrier and I'm really hoping that my book is finally here! But I'm stuck on the couch with a nursing baby, so I can't check...
Old 08-10-2011, 10:40 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 173/181/ 165

Height: 5'6

Good Evening:
Read just today's post and I am so proud of everyone keeping on keeping on. After doing so well with the See's Candy I struggled the next day. They were planned but the cookies afterwords were not. I have proved to myself time and time again that there are a few foods that are trigger. Maybe this is the last time I have to learn this listen. I was back OP within the hour and Op today. So I feel "lesson Learned." Food OP planned and packed for tomorrow. First day back to work and I remember the good feeling I get for being of service and how grateful I am that my job is of great service. Nevertheless EXHAUSTED.
Love to all.

Last edited by maryann; 08-10-2011 at 10:41 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:13 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 180/173.6/155

Height: 5'7

Just checking in before I head to bed. Had a good day. Stayed on plan, got some exercise in (10.5 mile bike ride), and finally finished all my Response Cards and Advantages Deck. I feel like I'm ready to start Stage 1 "for real" now. (FYI - I'm following the program from The Complete Beck Diet for Life rather than the first book.)

One thing that I noticed today was how many times I would automatically move to eat something unplanned (while standing up). At least 4 or 5 times I would go to pick something up and eat it without even thinking about it, then stop myself when I realized it wasn't planned and I wasn't sitting down, so I didn't eat it. The things I wanted to eat weren't anything big, just stuff like a bite of leftovers while cleaning up, a handful of popcorn from my husband's bowl, etc. If I had eaten all those things, it would have easily added 100 calories to my day, without me even giving it a second thought. That can really add up, and avoiding those calories can really add up in a good way! Anyway, credit to me for stopping myself before I gave in to that unconscious eating.

maryann - Good for you for getting back OP so quickly and chalking it up to a lesson learned. Are you a teacher? My husband is a teacher and he goes back to work on Monday.

rubidoux - I'm glad to see another nursing mom on the board! Some days it seems like all I do is nurse. Good thing I have a computer to occupy me while I do it!

Alana - 11 hours of sleep? That makes me want to cry with jealousy. Heck, at this point I'd settle for 5 consecutive hours of sleep!

Catch you all tomorrow.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:28 AM   #118  
Finding what works for me

S/C/G: 209 / 194 / 160

Height: 5' 9"

Default so nearly the weekend...

Morning coaches, the sun has finally come out in Scotland, yea!

Weigh in: -0.2lb
Credits: checked in, weighed in, planned todays food, done my planned exercise

I felt quite angry / annoyed last night… I don’t know if it was the incessant rain, the bad traffic, the fact I couldn’t get my wheel back on my bike, and that I made food whilst my boyfriend sat on the sofa watching the cricket… basically nothing that should have really caused me to be too moody but for some reason it all added up on me… and I ended up nibbling and picking here and there to feed my emotions. I know this is not the way to deal with it, I really need to grow up and start living with my emotions and not eat through them – it doesn’t solve anything.

Anyway, in a much better mood this morning, and am going to try the count to 10 technique next time I feel myself getting annoyed and reaching for the chocolate – take a deep breath, count to 10… by that point my brain usually has caught up with my hand and I can reason with myself. I think it’s about breaking that automatic response…

Pam – ouch for the spicy food and well done on the good planning for your exercise and food plan. And I’m jealous of your 9 hours sleep!

Alana – phew on finding the photos, it’s such a horrible feeling to think you’ve lost something like that. Even more jealous of your 11 hours sleep!

Rubidoux – credit on finding a routine that is working for you at the moment and one that is helping you stay on plan!

Maryann – keep on truckin’ - you are a constant inspiration and I love your little quotes and phrases

Trimommy – it’s an interesting lesson to learn… I still struggle with the odd mouthful of things here and there, usually just berries or veggies while cooking but it’s still a bad habit to have…
Old 08-11-2011, 06:24 AM   #119  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Thursday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Today's challenge appeared when the new baseboard molding was about to cover the bottom of an electrical receptacle under the living room bay window. Ouch. So after the carpenter left I moved it up an inch. CREDIT moi for persisting in a difficult job and cleaning up so that the carpenter can continue this morning.

I threw out the remainder of a bag of cookies because they were stale - CREDIT moi since I've never thrown away a cookie in my life. Unfortunately, the reason I knew they were stale was an unscheduled snack. So, I've packed up all cookie like things and put them in a sealed box in the basement.

onebyone - Kudos for "sweating from the workout."

FutureFitChick - Big Congrats for passing your preliminary doctoral exams. Kudos for getting back into planning.

Erika (eusebius) - Yay that vegan restaurants exist.

Beverlyjoy – Neat that you're not embarrassed to bring your own Lean Pocket Pizza-style.

Debbie (Lexxiss) - Waving toward Santa Fe. We've got to form a no-more-unscheduled-snacking club.

maryann - D*rn cookies!!! This is apparently cookie week on the Beck Forum. Kudos for getting back on track.

pamatga - Kudos for that long walk - again.

SuperChick - Samples at the supermarket are evil.

Alana in Canada - Eleven hours of sleep is beyond my comprehension - Kudos for taking care of yourself.

missyj - Yay for making sane choices without being distracted by the evil fries.

rubidoux - LOL that motherhood means, "running around busy with no time to get myself in trouble." [Thanks for the notion to have a todo list of responses to the desire to snack.]

TriMommy - Kudos for planning your day and sticking to it - that's the big change to make to stay the course.

Readers -
Quote:
chapter 4
Stage 1 The Success Skills Plan

Success Skill 3 Eat Slowly, While Sitting Down and Enjoying Every Bite
It helps you in several other ways, too:
what to do . . .
Here's what to do:
1. If you are not already proficient at this skill, you will need reminders. Put a note that says, "Sit, slow down, enjoy" on the fridge, your kitchen table, and/or your cabinet. Change something in your eating environment: Use different dishes, flatware, napkins, or place mats. If you usually eat in the kitchen, move to the dining room. Every time you notice that something is different, remind yourself: I'm supposed to eat slowly and enjoy every bite. Even if you catch yourself in the middle of a meal or snack, it's never too late to use these essential eating habits.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Complete Beck Diet for Life (Green book), pg 63.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:31 AM   #120  
Fighting Piano Butt!

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Morning Coaches/Buddies!

Thoroughly annoyed this morning that the scale went up 1.6 despite a good eating day. I did have a glass of wine but that's it. All I can think of is that I ate dinner later than normal and stuff is still going through my body. Still, after 11 straight days of losses, that is a bit demoralizing. OH WELL.

missyj - Good job logging the fries (also a weak point for me) and altering your meal afterwards. Honesty pays off!
Beverlyjoy - You are doing great! Nice work taking your own food to the gathering.
onebyone - Yay for the scale going down and for WATP!
SuperChick - Big kudos for staying on track despite manic days!
TriMommy - Kudos for a good day all round!
pamatga - WTG on Day 2 of your challenge! Sorry about the pain in your back & arm - hope it gets better today.
Alana - 11 hours of sleep sounds lovely! Water does help. Maybe I should be upping that ...
rubidoux - I have an 8yo too, wish we could arrange a playdate
maryann - Ouch for the cookies but well done getting immediately back OP.
BillBE - Throwing out cookies! Wow! Credit for meeting your baseboard challenge without food.

OK - staying the course today and we'll see if that 1.6 goes away! Happy Thursday!
Erika

Read ARC: yes
Sat down to eat: yes
Gave myself credit: yes
Walking: yes
Qi Gong: no
Closed Thread