Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Old 07-25-2011, 10:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 174/164/140

Height: 5'5

Default Anyone interested in diet coach?

Hello! I'm ready for a diet coach and was wondering if anyone was interested in being each others coaches. I know we have this awesome forum/daily thread, but I was looking for something a bit more personal and one-on-one. I'm 31, following calorie counting as my lifestyle to lose weight. I'm looking for weekly/daily support to get/give in order to lose about 15 pounds. If anyone's interested, I sure am!! Thanks!
Oriana
ovwgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:16 AM   #2  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovwgirl View Post
Hello! I'm ready for a diet coach and was wondering if anyone was interested in being each others coaches. I know we have this awesome forum/daily thread, but I was looking for something a bit more personal and one-on-one. I'm 31, following calorie counting as my lifestyle to lose weight. I'm looking for weekly/daily support to get/give in order to lose about 15 pounds. If anyone's interested, I sure am!! Thanks!
Oriana
I am open to being your diet coach if you wish. What do you have in mind?
Do you want to lose the weight short term for a special event or do you want to totally revamp your lifestyle to include regular exercise and healthier food choices? 15 lbs weight lose could be accomplished by going on a 2 week fad diet but once you resume eating "normally" you will probably regain it.

As you can see, I have a significantly more weight to lose but that doesn't mean I am not healthy today in spite of my weight. I have reduced my blood glucose levels from diabetic to normal simply by food choices. I am limited in how much exercise I can do because I have advanced arthritis but that doesn't mean I don't do some kind of exercise. I count my calories daily, I log every piece of food that goes into my mouth, I do strength training every other day, I eat "90% whole foods/ 10% non-whole foods" and I have a strong drive to "do this". My approach is to have a healthy relationship with food on a day in/ day out basis. If any of this resonates with you I wouldn't mind being your one-on -one coach. If it doesn't, my feelings won't be hurt. GL in your venture.

Pam

P.S. If you post daily on our thread you can get more than one person's POV.

P.S.S. I was born in Blytheville, AR.

Last edited by pamatga; 07-25-2011 at 11:19 AM.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 280/266/170

Height: 5'4

sounds intresting id do it too
losingdaybyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:55 PM   #4  

Hi Pam! Thanks for responding I love how Dr. Beck suggests a diet coach so we have someone to be there for us on our journey. I am looking for someone to keep me accountable for my challenging days, someone to support me when I stray, someone to help keep me motivated, and be my cheerleader! As far as the weight I am happy with 1.5-2lb loss a week and I've been working hard to keep that while I'm deployed (I'm in the military). I should hopefully reach my goal weight in the last two months I'm here, so I'll be adding calories when I get home to maintain.

Well, I have a challenge tomorrow already. I have to fly for 10 hours on the plane and I just sit in my seat the whole time. The problem is I'm thinking about eating the whole 10 hours. My crew eats cookies (otis spunkmeyer...YUM), pizza, and egg rolls (all cooked in our oven) and it makes it really hard to not eat. I bout pumpkin seeds (low in sodium) to help keep my mouth busy, and a protein bar (healthy sweet hopefully) to distract me from the cookies. I hoping to stay within 1400 cals tomorrow. We'll see...I'll report how I did!

Thanks, and I look forward to our journey together! Also, what do you need me to do for you?
Old 07-25-2011, 08:55 PM   #5  

Sounds good losingdaybyday!!