Beck diet solution?

• Hi All;

Has anyone tried the Beck diet solution? Has it worked for you?

Regards

wingmark
  • Hi wingmark -

Yep, there's a bunch of us posting on the monthly thread here who have used the Beck DIET solution.

We post on this thread to use each other as Diet Coaches (or Diet Buddies - the name Beck uses in her second book).

There's been a lot of successes as well as a bunch of struggles.

We invite you to join us there, where the bunch of folks posting can respond to your posts. Have you started reading the red book yet?
  • Hi Wingmark...glad you posted. I have found the Beck Diet Solution to be a wonderful guide to learning to live with food. I hope you stick around and get to know folks and learn about and from the book.
  • Although I'm not active on the Beck thread (it's great, though!) I credit a lot of my weight loss success to the principles in the Beck book. Her ideas and exercises have really helped me overcome some emotional eating issues, as well as plain bad habits.
  • Good Evening and Welcome, Wingmark. I love this website. It has served as a valuable diet coach. I have made a committed to be honest here and that helps me finally gain peace around food.
    Speaking of which. I haven't checked in a few. Lots of fear around applications (4 out of 8 are done) and surviving holidays and moodswings without sugar left me rocking this weekend. Back OP since Monday, thank goodness. I have really been focusing on strengthening my resistance muscle. Seems to work. Glad for this chance I have with this Beck Solution. Personals tom.
  • Hi wingmark!

Beck Diet Solution is helping me work towards a more sane relationship with food. For years I wished my life was normal and ate because it wasn't. Today, I am working towards finding health and happiness amidst the chaos and my Beck skills really help. I had a one on one diet buddy for awhile and I've found that the mentioned monthly thread really works. It's a great group of folks working separate food plans with a common strategy.

Best wishes!
  • Rainy Sunday, here in California. It is a break from the unusaully warm weather we are having. I love rain for lots of reasons. One of them is that my husband, the farmer, is home. Great family time but I have to admit, when we are quiet and hanging out, I notice I think more about food. I think I have some anxiety , always have, in down times maybe waiting for the other shoe to (legacy from growing up in a crazy family). I have always eaten to help with the anxiety.
    Today, I have written down my food, weighed in (no change) and am writing here to distract. Funny, how the times I cherish the most are often the most emotional and immediately bring the food thoughts think. Old habits.
    I'm happy to have Beck tools so that I don't have two problems: food and anxiety.