Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 05:42 AM   #1  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Beck Diet For Life/Solution – October 2010 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach

Welcome to the discussion group, support group, diet coach group, diet buddy group relating to the two books by Dr. Judith S. Beck:and the first bookThe Beck Diet Solution is a psychological program, not a food plan. It provides a step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life. The program is based on Dr. Beck's clinical research in Cognitive Therapy (CT).

The Complete Beck Diet for Life expands the earlier work and includes a food plan with suggested menus. From the cover:
With The Complete Beck Diet for Life you'll discover the 5 stages of successful dieting and maintenance. You'll learn how to motivate yourself, give yourself credit for every change you make, create time and energy for dieting, and handle hunger and cravings. Dr. Beck eases you into changing one step at a time. You'll master one task before moving on to the next. And you'll learn techniques to deal with challenging situations, such as sticking with ou plan at celebrations and dealing with "food pushers." With Dr. Beck's skills, you'll achieve a lifetime of healthful eating and lifelong motivation.
This is a place to discuss the Beck strategies and our daily efforts, to receive and provide support, and, for some of us, is where we serve as on-line diet buddy (coach) to each other.

If you’ve arrived from a search engine, you’ve landed at the site of 3 fat chicks, a remarkable place for those interested in a healthy life style, including mindful eating, exercise, and weight loss. More about the site, including how to register so that you can post can be found here.

The books are available on Amazon through the 3FC store by clicking their names above; buying through 3FC helps to cover the costs of running this site.

You can find the list of previous (or more current) monthly Beck threads here on 3 Fat Chicks via:
List of Monthly Beck Threads for Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach
Old 10-01-2010, 05:43 AM   #2  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Friday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Had the urge for extra evening snacks, but didn't, CREDIT moi. It's like the old habits have chosen evening snack time to try to creep back into my life. I gotta hold the line.

Made it to the gym, CREDIT moi, anticipating that I'd pick up another FREE sample of Bear Naked Granola. As I reached out to grab from the box I saw ... not granola ... hold on ... but pink boxes of Sports Tampons! I jumped back - more from disappointment than from the standard male thought that touching the box would make me grow boobs. Then spent my entire workout pondering whether it was worse that I had been discriminated against because I was male or because I was over 50, LOL. Finally decided that my lawsuit would demand FREE samples of Rogaine to compensate. Then my workout was done and my neurons returned to reality. I am so easily amused.

maryblu - Thanks for the account of leaf turning in Minnesota. Jealous of your fall bounty that includes raspberries and apples on your own trees.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - What a touching way to honor your mother, by feeling the feelings that she's not here to experience. [Congrats on ditching the bread with your soup. Interesting thought that it's a progression until we come to see that a big homemade salad is preferable to 3/4 of a Big Mac.]

Shepherdess - Yay for getting rejuvenated from a hard run - not intuitive is it.

Beverlyjoy - Sending supportive thoughts to you and your son both for finding a way to deal with fibromyalgia. I was surprised to google that support groups exist and seem to help. Continue to love reading your count of twirls each morning. Congrats on a six-twirl day. Have you taught your DGS to twirl with you when you visit?

Cheryl (Seadwaters) - Yay for a long " 'holiday' weekend" - and Yay for a full life to consume it.

Debbie (Lexxiss) - Kudos for remembering that food doesn't fix tired. Keep writing that so that maybe it goes into my brain also. Food doesn't fix.

Woodland - Congrats for a neat use of your iPhone. It's hard to believe that the world was able to continue on its orbit around the sun before those were invented.

Marci (madrikh) - Don't I wish that your "2000 calorie!" was just hyperbole, but it seems that they're getting there. Kudos for a one-cookie-from-OP day.

maryann - Great reminder why we need each other, "Carbs become my only friends in a lonely silence."

McKt - This "working on BALANCE" is so crucial; Kudos for each little step forward there. And Kudos for making your exercise happen.

Readers -
Quote:
day 39
Keep Up with Exercise

Use the same techniques to motivate
yourself to exercise
that you used
to motivate yourself to diet

The Beck Diet Solution, pg 251.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy October Everyone!

Hello!

Fall has been busy for me too. We are finally siding our basement. We put up our house about 5 years ago and I wanted the fake rock stuff for the siding on the walkout basement. Well, I waited too long, and now I don't have the bucks for it. So, instead, we're putting up the basic wood fiber board and staining it. It really looks nice and it been fun to have a project with DH.

I achieved my September goal! Right on the very day. That feels pretty good. I'm the lowest I've been probably in 10 years. It's hard to believe that I'm actually doing it, in spite of slips, slides and skids! I'm not sure how much more I can loose before the snow flies - historically that's when I gain weight. The last two years it's been about 10 lbs. each year. Then I have to start at that weight in the spring. Wouldn't it be cool if I didn't gain that weight this winter and I could just start from where I'm at now?

Right now I feel like I can do that. Today I actually feel in control of how I eat, the choices I'm making. I was surprised when I was at the grocery store the other day and I wasn't even tempted to but junk food-- no cookies, ice cream, candy --nada. I was impressed.

Have a Great day everyone. I hope to participate more soon.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:46 AM   #4  
Green Tomatoes

I met my exercise goal for September -- it took averaging over 70 minutes a day for the last week, but I did it!

The tributes to Tony Curtis on NPR were great (thanks, Shepherdess!) and I put a bunch of his movies at the top of our Netflix queue -- it's amazing the variety he had; comedies and dramas, great movies and good movies and bad ones. I didn't put the bad ones on our queue--although I did put Operation Petticoat on it. I think that's underappreciated! I love the scene where Cary Grant is trying to figure out exactly what Tony Curtis can do on a submarine. Not guns, not navigation, not communication.

Lt. Commander Sherman: Tell me, before you became an admiral's aide, what did you do in the Navy, Mr. Holden?

Lt. Holden: Well, sir, I was primarily an idea man.

WI: -0.45kg, Exercise: +75 1800/1800 minutes for September, Food: 80%op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

maryann: Yay for giving yourself credit for typos. You definitely have it right that messy is better than silent!

madrikh: I planned my meals on a steno pad. When I ate on plan, all I had to do was make a checkmark. Even when then plan slipped a bit, it was pretty quick to scratch off the original plan and scribble in what I really did.

Shepherdess: glad you're feeling better!

seadwaters: it's great that you have time to breathe again and that you went right back to planning!

maryblu: love your fall leaves description. We have some dogwoods turning red but it's still early for us yet.

Lexxiss: good job remembering that eating doesn't fix tired, but going to bed does!

McKt: great job reasoning your self out of All or Nothing thinking and into a nice walk. It does take more thinking and time when I abandon the All or Nothing approach, but the results are tremendously satisfing.

BillBlueEyes: yay for beating back the evening snack monster. Love that debating the lawsuit kept you amused through your workout.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi beckies.... yesterday was a healthy on plan day - am always grateful for that.

This morning I saw my orth. surgeon and we have rescheduled my surgery for October 21. I'll be non -weightbearing for 9 weeks. Ugh. But, it's a means to an end. It's a long long recovery - let's get this party started. I was singing that.

I planned, logged, measured and counted the calories for my food. Credit. I had many twirls as I resisted taking tastes, licking utensils or my fingers etc. I've gone to wearing an apron so I can just wipe my hands on that instead licking a dab of food as I cook and measure. I did my stretches and strengthen moves. Also:

No seconds - all the time
eat seated - all the time
slow eating - some of the time
beck/arc/rc - no
leave a bite at every meal/snack - all the time.

I'll try to get back for personals this afternoon. I have to take my mom somewhere.

Thanks for being good coaches and friends, folks.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 10-01-2010 at 11:36 AM.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 137/137/125

Height: 5'3"

Happy October everyone! I’m celebrating a year with Beck. Actually, it’s been a little over a year, but Oct. 1 is a nice easy date for me to remember. I need to think of some way of celebrating.

Yesterday was an OP day. DH was gone again last night. He was camping out since antelope season opened this AM. It’s always a little more difficult to eat well when he’s not home. I tend to not cook and then just snack, but I had a plan last night.

I got my AM run in today. We’re having nice weather for it and it was nice to get moving.

Seadwaters, great job getting your organization back after your busy schedule put a crimp in your plan. It sounds like you have a busy weekend ahead of you.

Woodland, I’m so impressed with those who use spreadsheets to track food. I’m old fashioned and use a pen and notebook. Sometimes I log them onto a site just to double check that I’m still on calorie goal. Yay for working Beck!

Maryblu, loving your description of fall and living vicariously for your produce bounty. I’m enjoying fall colors right now. For once, our colors are lingering. I think it’s our warm weather. We don’t have a lot of trees, but the grasses have their own colors. There’s one grass that turns bright, fiery orange.

Lexxiss, wow for “ate my portion then closed the bag.” I usually assume that my portion is the bag! Great job eating healthy with all the temptation and kudos for going to bed instead of eating off plan.

McKt, yay for a walk where you stop to smell the flowers! It’s a great way to chip away at that “all or nothing mentality.” I love my card “5 minutes of exercise is better than no exercise at all.” It’s so simple, but hard to remember.

BillBE, kudos for keeping those old habits from creeping back in. It’s instructive to see that even long-time maintainers still have to keep their healthy habits in check. LOL at suing for Rogaine.

AmberPr, congrats on meeting your September goal and for reaching a new low! Winters can be tough, with lots of time indoors and exercise becoming more difficult, but you can maintain and even continue to lose, if you work at it. Just like all Beck, plan, plan, plan. Yay for feeling optimistic about it.

Gardenerjoy, congrats on meeting your September exercise goals and for getting in the big push that last week to do it! I’ll have to add Operation Petticoat to my cue.

Beverlyjoy, yay for another healthy day with lots of twirl-worthy moments! I love the idea of wearing an apron to keep from licking those fingers. Kudos for working that problem-solving muscle.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/178/ 165

Height: 5'6

Weigh in Day! One more pound down. Definitely below the yellow line on the Biggest Loser show, but I must remind myself that I don't want the kind of attention that comes with extremes. I am getting healthier and happier and I did not have to get back to my college weight of 205 to hit bottom again. One pound is a beautiful and reasonable goal per week and I am grateful to have lost it.
One quick note even though it is off topic. Today is my sobriety birthday. I have been sober 23 years today. Oct. 1, 1987 found me 60 pounds overweight, with a hangover and having just been released from the psych ward for suicide attempts. I can't tell you the feeling of gratitude I have for a higher power refusing to allow me to cash in my cards and forcing me to live the beautiful life I have today. I am not the woman I want to be yet, but I am certainly not the woman I was.
seawaters: thanks for reminding me to read my advantage cards. I'll need them this weekend at the wedding.
Shepardess: I'm with you in your adoration of Fall. This is my favorite month of the year. Happy one year bday to you.
Lexxiss: You reminded me how astounding it is to be able to choose to go to bed hungry and not thinking it will constitute a medical emergency.
Amber: congrats on your Sept. Goal. I like what Beck talks about when she tells us to write the "believe it" card.
Madrikh: I write the nite before what I will eat in my tiny, teeny planner space using lots of abbreviations then I check off the food I ate and write in any changes.
BBE: Congrats in getting in touch with your feminine side - it saved you a few calories of granola bits.

Last edited by maryann; 10-01-2010 at 03:59 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:15 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5ft3in

Default Saturday morning

Morning Coaches

Interesting that snacking seems to be on topic today - I will join the ranks who are struggling after dinner. It is really difficult - that constant inner voice. Especially when the plan is to watch something and not go off and distract yourself from the inner snacker's constant urgings. I didn't really succeed last night but tried to limit the damage. Put strengthen the resistance muscle on the list.

Have not made food plan for the day yet; have plans to shop and plan meals; only thing I have really achieved this am is to mark 6 papers - which is good
maryann - congrats on one pound down. And for 23 years sober - a life changing thing indeed. You have to be much further down to path to your ideal you now - a permanent state of becoming
AmberPr - Yay for feeling in control and being one pound down! May the feeling continue. Good luck with the building project
BeverlyJoy - A great list of credits for you - you are really in the zone at the moment. Happy to hear about a date for surgery - getting this party started is a priority
McKt - Great work on the balance front - so hard to work towards and you have made it a priority.
BillBE - Credit for holding the line against the inner snacker - great success. I always learn something culturally interesting on this list - didn't know sports tampons even existed. We are deprived in Australia I think - and no free food everywhere you go
GardenerJoy - Credit for meeting you exercise goal - you are amazing. Thoughts of a beautiful Tony Curtis - I will have to dig out some movies
MaryBlu - Your falls sound so amazing - they are the best season her as well but without the technicolour displays and the snow. Enjoy your hobo dinners
Shepherdess - Congrats on a year with Beck - it is good to read about your successes and progress. A plan to avoid snacking - sounds like something I need!
Debbie (Lexxiss) - Going to bed early is a good strategy - I should use it more often to quell the inner snacker I think. Well done with the movie snack! I will have to use that one

Have a good day Beckies

_________
Cheryl
Old 10-01-2010, 10:26 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 304/294/200

Just popping in to say I finally stayed on plan today.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:11 AM   #10  

Height: 5'7"

Just popping in to say I'm popping in.

Anne
Old 10-02-2010, 01:11 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hello Beck friends

It was a good day! I managed to let family drama wash past me and stay my course. I found sanity with both food and emotions. It is way past my bedtime but I have to finish a photo project to get sent off. I am grateful for days like these. I have read posts, and unfortunately I believe rest is important right now. Take care everyone!
Old 10-02-2010, 01:58 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 216.4/217/175

Height: 5'5"

Default Friday --

I'm not usually checking in at night, but I'm feeling restless, and want to head-off the munchies! (Of course, watching Anthony Bourdain while I type is more a test of my resistance skills than a distraction technique . . .) So I thought I would catch up on my forum, since I distanced myself for a few days under the pressure of getting that first dissertation chapter done.

Well, I know you're all dying to know -- the chapter needs another two weeks. I actually don't feel too bad about this. I thought long and hard about what I had done and what more needed to be done -- I thought about what it was going to take to get the chapter presentable. Yes, I'm trying not to be a perfectionist, but it can't be in such a state of drafting that only I know what I'm saying. Especially when I show it to my chair.

Most importantly, to get it presentable would have taken too many late nights in the library cafe, where they feature Dove dark chocolate bars, fresh bagels and cc, large chunks of many types of cake, etc. etc., etc. And I didn't want to go back on that schedule. I've been really happy treating this thing like a 9-5 job, getting home and doing my walking DVDs and then making dinner, playing UNO with the DGS. I'm am SO over the masochism of late-night undergrad writing fests. Or maybe I'm just too old.

All of these ruminations are to say, actually: that I made a conscious decision to give this another two weeks; and that I met with my chair and discussed my reasons for doing so (not hiding, in other words). I made a healthy decision, in other words, a decision to help me preserve my Beck Life Plan. CREDIT MOI!

As for those skills: I've been having troubles, again, with planning my meals ahead of time. Then I was reading ahead in the Green Book and realized that I often have (and stick to) a mental plan, so I'm trying to give myself credit for this when I do my food recording. I guess I feel like I'm jumping ahead to some skills -- like mental plans and flexibility -- and then reining myself in when I feel close to throwing it all to the wind. ::wincing:: I feel this could be waaaaay dangerous. But I'm being honest with myself about it?

Lexxiss, thanks for the carrot cake recipe! And for the comforting and encouraging words. Hope you had a great time with your sister. I LOVE Whole Foods. When I'm visiting my Mom in KY, and dissatisfied with the food at her house, I almost always end up there for a nourishing lunch, before picking up a few essentials for my visit. Thank you for your supportive words.

BillBlueEyes, You sure do a lot of computer wrestling, maybe that counts for the gym? Nah! Nothing having to do with work should could for the gym. I am ruminating on your suggestion for finding a "short, snappy response" to those guilty thoughts . . . something to allow me to get angry, rather than just take other people's abuse. Hmm.

It thunderstormed over here, very very rare. I heard one kid say to his mom, "Hey, did you feel the earthquake?!" LOL, for not really knowing what to call the thunder, for the pure poetry of kids.

gardenerjoy, yes, that restaurant incident triggered some standing-kitchen-eating (of leftovers from same devilish restaurant) which fueled the cycle of shame. I learned a BIG lesson from this. Thank you for your kind words.

You have given me a lot of food for thought, especially about my teenage years. That whiny voice: I haven't yet experienced it, at least not in the context to which you're referring. Right now I am so happy with the results. I know that one day I will have to face the music, and think about doing this for the rest of my life. I suppose, for me, that right now it seems do-able, because I can have what I want as long as I PLAN for it and MODERATE it. As long as I don't have to give up my favorites completely. I also haven't hit a plateau, yet. So keep up updated on your progress!

seadwaters, I think I'll adopt that as my fatal-blow-phrase to feelings of shame: "Shame is what the other guy should be feeling." Good luck with all that work . . . have you tried mental planning, or does your mind work that way?

McKt, I thought we were going to get knifed at the DMV, so many dagger-eyes! We had made an appointment online, and so we just got to walk right in, rather than waiting outside. All in all, not too bad of a visit. Congratulations on your OP days, and the beef/broccoli sounds great!

Shepherdess, big credits to you for continuing the walks and yoga, even with the fatigue! I'm young, but in dealing with my issues, I've realized that I handle them better when I don't worry about getting rid of them. Some issues are always going to be there, and for me, it's about recognizing them and dealing with them. A very different thing from getting rid of them? BTW, I did not win the stand-off with the cake. At ALL.

beverlyjoy, it's good to know someone knows what I'm talking about. I know I'm blessed to get paid (a little bit) to write about things I love to read . . . but the whole self-discipline, original-idea thing is kinda daunting! Thanks for your cheering thoughts!

maryann, a quick recovery to you! Don't tell anyone, but my name is Mary Ann, too. And bit credits and congrats for your birthday! You are amazing!

madrikh, Those are some great credits! I have a thin $store basic notebook, wide-ruled. That's what I slip into my bag , and it's bright, shiny purple, so I can't avoid it. But I carry a rather large bag, because I must always have a book with me. (Yeah, I'm a dork.) But I don't always record/check-off instantly after eating . . . I do a lot of mental stuff, which is what usually works for me. But I also write it down. Eventually. In the moment, it's usually a mental thing.

Happy October to you all!
Old 10-02-2010, 07:46 AM   #13  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Saturday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Sardines for lunch again (in addition to my man-salad, of course), CREDIT moi. That was the third time this week. I've got to get back to preparing something for lunch. However I do like my sardines, and take pleasure in rotating between the cans for $0.99, $2.50, and $3.50. They have the same nutritional contents but differ in sized of the little buggers. Evening snack was easy since we were at a play until 10 pm - that's a pleasant way to solve that snack problem.

Had a consult with a guy who's helping us plan a renovation. First we decided that the living room needed to have the cracks in the walls fixed and painted. That would make the dining room look shabby, so it needed help also. Wasn't long before the whole house needs a little refurbishing - Yikes. This is going to be the major project in my life for at least a year. Nothing like rehab to raise stress and marital tensions. The challenge will be to Beck my way through; Food doesn't fix.

Anne (AnneWonders) - Waving back. Hope the fall weather is suiting your mountain bike rides.

CeeJay - Kudos for on plan. Kudos for popping in.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - It's about making choices; you'll probably have a longer wait for Some Like It Hot than for Francis the Talking Mule, LOL. Honking Kudos for "1800/1800 minutes for September" - that took some diligent final days of efforts.

Shepherdess - Kudos for one year using Beck and for celebrating by taking your morning run.

Beverlyjoy - Yay for October 21 - Thursday less than 3 weeks away. Neat trick to wear an apron to avoid finger licking.

Cheryl (Seadwaters) - Yep, gotta hope to wear down "the inner snacker's constant urgings" - it seems as insistent as a two year old kid which is a useful analogy because kids grow up.

Debbie (Lexxiss) - It's a really big deal to "let family drama wash past me" - Kudos for that.

Amber (AmberPr) - That's taming the old grocery store, "no cookies, ice cream, candy --nada" - Kudos.

MaryContrary - Kudos for "a healthy decision" - it's a major step in life to accept that we can't run the old 24/7 emergency student mode any more. And a great way to encourage concentration during the 9-5 hours designated to writing. [LOL at "pure poetry of kids" - I just love hearing kids develop their language.]

maryann - Congrats for 23 years and a pound - with Kudos for your gratitude and joy. [My mind just wasn't flexible enough to see that tampons saved calories - thanks for that.]

Readers -
Quote:
day 39
Keep Up with Exercise

If you answered no to any of those questions, you'll need to respond to your sabotaging thoughts and solve some problems. How can you turn things around? You can do what Claire did.

How Claire Changed

To encourage herself to exercise, Claire did the following:
  • She asked her next-door neighbor to walk with her twice a week.
....... . .

The Beck Diet Solution, pg 251-252.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:43 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 168/ticker/155

Height: 5'7"

Question Checking in

Well, yesterday was NOT a good Beck day for me. As I've been researching DIET options (other than what I've been doing), I've gotten more and more discouraged. And rebellious. You see, my life, from age 14 to 21, consisted of one long diet. Well, really it was every diet that I could get my hands on, but my favorite was Scarsdale.
Now when I look at books or web sites that list "1 tsp of mayonaisse" in a recipe, I feel like running away screaming.
Maybe because the dieting of my youth was so unsuccessful for me, because the 20+ years since, of listening to my body, have been very successful. Until last year.
There I go again, whining about the "mystery weight gain".
So, yesterday: Licking batter from the spoon, while standing up.
Eating off-plan cookies.
Eating a cookie bar (at a party) that was entirely too rich to be enjoyable, yet I ate every bite.
I figured it out and my mistakes added up to around 600 calories.

So, today will be a new start. I will read ALL of my cards, darn it!!
I will keep my little head in the Green book.
I will stay OP!!

And in a bit, I am heading out the door to yoga...

If anyone has any ideas for a diet that is less counting (ZONE blocks (??!!), carbs, calories, etc) and less PTSD inducing for me, PLEASE let me know!
I know I don't really want to throw in the towel; not yet.

I'm thinking I will try a week of increasing my exercise. I walk on the treadmill 4 or 5 days a week (every day that I don't go to yoga) for 45 minutes. I can try up-ing that to an hour.

Credit: Day 11, I think, of my new medication (notice the word, "my"); and I feel, emotionally better than I have in a LONG time. I almost need to pinch myself.
Credit: my off-plan eating did not turn frenzied
Credit: 2 yoga classes yesterday
Credit: I have a plan for today
Credit: I'm checking in here.

Marci
Old 10-02-2010, 11:59 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Becksters… Yesterday was a good on plan day until I could not sleep. I tried all that I know - warm milk, chamomile tea, wine, otc sleep aid - I ended having some cereal and toast in the middle of the night. Phooey!

Like we Beckies always say - get right back on the horse if you fall off. So I’ve made my plan for today. Am going to lunch with Mom, Aunt Mackie and my SIL. I picked the Chinese restaurant with the steamed Hong Kong bass. I have chicken in the crockpot for tonight and tomorrows supper.

If I add up the onplan time compared to the off plan time….of course - being off plan was just a short time.

Yesterday - I planned, measured, logged and counted calories for my food - even the middle of the night stuff. I am not trying to make up for it today. That’s a slippery slope for me.

Billbe - evening snack are hard for so many folks - credit for passing it by. I am working on it. I agree - if they have tampons - they should have Rogaine, too. Lol. I am planning to teaching GS how to twirl. We have 10 little girls on our street. I’ve taught them to twirl. There’s one little boy - he wants no part of it. He would rather play with his beloved play lawn mower or anything else.
I love how you rotate the sardine cans. It seems that when anyone does any remodeling - it’s like opening a can of worms….newly discovered things to do - the other spaces just not as ‘good’ as the new - and the stress of the mess in everyone’s life. Good luck.

Gardener/joy - well done! Your surpassing your exercise goal is awesome. My favorite Tony Curtis movie is Some Like it Hot. Great words to Lexxiss - that eating doesn't fix tired, but going to bed does! I'd like to tatoo this to my brain.

Shepardess - HAPPY BECK ANNIVERSARY!!! I admire this stick to it attitude. Kudos for your exercise and staying op when DH isn’t home. I actually do better when my DH is home.

Mary ann - Hooray for your pound down. Double Hooray for celebrating your sobriety too. It’s a wonderful thing, indeed.

Seadwaters - you said: inner snacker's constant urgings. I have that too. It’s one of the times when you/we need to pull out all our resistance techniques. I admire you putting resistance muscle on your to do list.

Ceejay - Hi back….so glad to hear of your op day!! Carry on,

Anne wonders - Hi to you…hope all is well.

Lexxiss - I am doing a happy dance in honor of you not giving into any family drama with food. Yes…sleep is a good distraction when stress and hard ‘stuff’ is facing you.

Mary contrary - really glad you came here to post in stead of giving into the munchies. It’s good to figure out a routine with your work (writing now) and mingling that with ways to keep it all working well and supporting your goals in everything. I think writing down a plan is always helpful. If I don’t write it down in advance - I have those food thoughts spinning around my mind all day. If it’s planned that seems to go away for me.

madrik - choosing a food plan from the past can work this time can work because you have the Beck principles. Choose something that is livable. My second plan of choice is food exchanges. I think gardenerjoy uses it too. It's very livable.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 10-02-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Closed Thread