Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 10:31 PM   #361  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Default The end of August, the beginning of a new month.

I'm feeling like setting a mini goal for myself and planning a reward to go along with it.

193 (6 pound loss) by September 30th.
For this I will buy myself …lessons for an art class. I need a new hobby.

Today was good. I'm still liking the Lose it! App. I coulda/shoulda had about 400 more calories today. I need to plan my dinners so that I know how many calories I can have the rest of the day-- I really don't want to lose too fast and a very good reason was brought to my attention today…

The following is hear-say, but it really made me think:
Apparently one of the Biggest Loser contestants is going to be hosting a weeklong weight-loss retreat in my neck of the woods. One of the ladies helping to set up the program was talking to me and telling me how this x-contestant needs to exercise for 2 hours a day to maintain his weight loss. I wondered out load why he couldn't cut his calories, and she said that he was down as low as he could be. I spoke to a trainer friend of mine, and she said that's because he lost his weight so fast and that's what starvation mode will do to you- mess with your metabolism.
Have any of you heard this?
Old 08-31-2010, 10:47 PM   #362  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

Default Lo, Beckies

this post will only catch a few of us, as I know our own dear Cyber-Shepherd BillBE will start us off fresh tomorrow morning. Will report on my (mis)adventure there!
Old 09-01-2010, 05:03 AM   #363  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Discussion continues on the September 2010 Thread

Please join us as this discussion continues on

Beck Diet For Life/Solution – September 2010 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach

You can find the list of previous (or more current) monthly Beck threads here on 3 Fat Chicks via:
List of Monthly Beck Threads for Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach

Closed Thread