Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 10:23 PM   #346  

Default Newbie

Hello all! I just bought the pink book and the workbook, and I am so excited to be starting. I am not new to 3FC, but I am new to this particular forum. Today was my Day 1. I have a great feeling about this plan! A little about me: I am 33, married, have a 13 year old son, live in Texas. I LOVE to read and to cook/bake. I am also trying to learn how to sew. I look forward to learning more about you guys!
Old 06-01-2010, 01:22 AM   #347  

S/C/G: 214/210/180

Height: 5'8"

I'm still getting up and running. About ready for phase one.
Here's my list for today:

Credits -
- Read A&R cards - Once
- Planned my day - n/a
- Made food plan - n/a (Soon)
- Posted to the list -yes
- Ate mindfully and seated every time - always seatedl
- Weighed myself - Yes
- Exercise - at barn, I am increasing what I do dailly
- Resistance techniques - yes
- Wrote in my journal when I had urges to eat.
- Consciously gave credit for positive eating / exercise behaviours - Yes

Today's big aha moment-after 20 minutes the urge has really and truly
passed.

ponee
Old 06-01-2010, 05:36 AM   #348  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5ft3in

Post Tuesday Evening

Dear Coaches

Hope you all had a great Memorial Day. I had to look up what it was in memory of and it looked like an important occasion for quiet reflection, and remembrance and recollection, so I hope you all got the opportunity

My eating last night was better because I had less calories to use having spent more during the day on-plan - I mentally 'closed' the kitchen as Nathy does and that worked psychologically - it became off limits. Today I have been working and haven't eaten enough so 'need' to eat more tonight. I will only eat after dinner when in the kitchen and not in front of the TV - taking a leaf out of ThisTime7's book. Will see how that goes. Had an unplanned piece of chocolate coated honeycomb today - could have resisted and didn't even try! Not useful behaviour. Swimming tomorrow - nice. I found exercise physio difficult yesterday - I can't believe how far I have to go - but the trainer is good and keeps me motivated

BillBlueEyes - What an enticement to bike riding exercise - red-tailed hawks! Credit none-the-less lol. And I would be pleased to have met the broken biscuit challenge too - a tough one.

CeeJay - Great to see you here and to hear that your week on the road went well. I am lucky that I am on extended sick leave at the moment to try and develop a foundation - because once work is on it takes over so I need to develop habits now. Your idea to try and keep work contained to "working hours" is a good one - hope it works!

Debbie (Lexxiss) - Hope you had a good day with your mum and her project

Donna - (New2me2) - Yay for your cruise - sounds fabulous. And you seem to have a really sensible plan which I hope works well for you. Glaciers - I am green with envy

Gardenerjoy - I just noticed how close you are to being under 200# - so close now that you are only overweight! Huge credits there. Sigh - to get under 200 would be an achievement

Nathy - I like the way you do your check-list - it is a useful memory and behaviour aid isn't it. I closed my kitchen last night as you do and it is a useful strategy for me so thanks for the idea

OnebyOne - Hope you find a plan that you are comfortable with

Ponee - Great list of credits - well done

Shepherdess - I love the reference to "putting some miles on my legs" - I agree - they probably deserve a rest. Sounds great identifying wild flowers. That is something I have not yet gotten to do in Australia - go to the desert and look at the wild flowers after the rain - probably in Western Australia. Something to keep for my retirement - I am in training for it now! Very motivated to sign up for the marathon - and making a plan to keep the fuel up to your body - a great plan

texasmama - Welcome newbie! It will be good to get to know you

ThisTime7 - Don't beat yourself up over your gain as someone recently said to me - you are on track and your R&A cards will see you through! Good to hear from you. Good idea to plan carefully for the conference. Having done one recently there are many distractions lurking to trap you

Credits -
- Read A&R cards - no
- Planned my day - yes
- Made food plan - yes
- Food on-plan - not quite
- Posted to the list -yes
- Ate mindfully and seated every time - yes
- Put down fork occasionally - - Yes
- Weighed myself - Yes - back up - 218.2lb !!
- Drank water - Yes
- Exercise - no - but did walk down the steps!
- Resistance techniques - not when I ate the unplanned honeycomb
- Consciously gave credit for positive eating / exercise behaviours - Yes

Working on -
Putting down that knife and fork! and resistance muscle and planning

Have a good day Beckies
-------
Cheryl

Last edited by GosfordGirl; 06-01-2010 at 05:38 AM.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:58 AM   #349  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Discussion continues on the June 2010 Thread

Please join us as this discussion continues on

Beck Diet For Life/Solution – June 2010 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach
Closed Thread