Hope you all had a great Memorial Day. I had to look up what it was in memory of and it looked like an important occasion for quiet reflection, and remembrance and recollection, so I hope you all got the opportunity
My eating last night was better because I had less calories to use having spent more during the day on-plan - I mentally 'closed' the kitchen as Nathy does and that worked psychologically - it became off limits. Today I have been working and haven't eaten enough so 'need' to eat more tonight. I will only eat after dinner when in the kitchen and not in front of the TV - taking a leaf out of ThisTime7's book. Will see how that goes. Had an unplanned piece of chocolate coated honeycomb today - could have resisted and didn't even try! Not useful behaviour. Swimming tomorrow - nice. I found exercise physio difficult yesterday - I can't believe how far I have to go - but the trainer is good and keeps me motivated
- What an enticement to bike riding exercise - red-tailed hawks! Credit none-the-less lol. And I would be pleased to have met the broken biscuit challenge too - a tough one.
- Great to see you here and to hear that your week on the road went well. I am lucky that I am on extended sick leave at the moment to try and develop a foundation - because once work is on it takes over so I need to develop habits now. Your idea to try and keep work contained to "working hours" is a good one - hope it works!
(Lexxiss) - Hope you had a good day with your mum and her project
- (New2me2) - Yay for your cruise - sounds fabulous. And you seem to have a really sensible plan which I hope works well for you. Glaciers - I am green with envy
- I just noticed how close you are to being under 200# - so close now that you are only overweight! Huge credits there. Sigh - to get under 200 would be an achievement
- I like the way you do your check-list - it is a useful memory and behaviour aid isn't it. I closed my kitchen last night as you do and it is a useful strategy for me so thanks for the idea
- Hope you find a plan that you are comfortable with
- Great list of credits - well done
- I love the reference to "putting some miles on my legs" - I agree - they probably deserve a rest. Sounds great identifying wild flowers. That is something I have not yet gotten to do in Australia - go to the desert and look at the wild flowers after the rain - probably in Western Australia. Something to keep for my retirement - I am in training for it now! Very motivated to sign up for the marathon - and making a plan to keep the fuel up to your body - a great plan
- Welcome newbie! It will be good to get to know you
- Don't beat yourself up over your gain as someone recently said to me - you are on track and your R&A cards will see you through! Good to hear from you. Good idea to plan carefully for the conference. Having done one recently there are many distractions lurking to trap you
- Read A&R cards - no
- Planned my day - yes
- Made food plan - yes
- Food on-plan - not quite
- Posted to the list -yes
- Ate mindfully and seated every time - yes
- Put down fork occasionally -
- Weighed myself - Yes - back up - 218.2lb !!
- Drank water - Yes
- Exercise - no - but did walk down the steps!
- Resistance techniques - not when I ate the unplanned honeycomb
- Consciously gave credit for positive eating / exercise behaviours - Yes
Putting down that knife and fork!
and resistance muscle and planning
Have a good day Beckies