Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 09:21 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 220/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Friday

WI-down 1.3 lbs. Read my cards, made a plan. Food – off-plan (forgot to eat lunch); Exercise – op (59m).
I woke up late (to gain back some time from insomnia), so had to do most of my exercise later in the day. Luckily 1 ½ hours of meetings were canceled mid-afternoon, so I dashed out for a 45 minute walk in the foggy, drippy day. But the payoff will be a sunny, seasonable weekend. Except for being so busy at work I forgot to eat lunch, food was very good.

The Good
- Throughout the day, I identified satisfaction vs fullness while eating, and I stopped eating when satisfied – credit!
- Throughout the day, I identified hunger vs non-hunger before I ate – credit!
- Eat mindfully, enjoying every bite - credit!
- Tolerated non-hunger without eating – credit!
- Used resistance techniques – yes!
- I posted here – yes!

The Bad, and the Ugly
- Spontaneous exercise – nope
- Give credit throughout the day for every positive eating behavior – nope
- Read the pink book – nope

one by one Sounds like you had a great plan for Friday. How’d it work out?

Debbie (Lexxiss) I just noticed your weight tally – wow over 80 lbs. lost. You go girl! Which diet are you on? I’m just a calorie counter myself. What a great day of credits too!

I think you may have meant me when you asked about Escalante. It was wonderful! We did the Lower Calf Falls trail, which was beautiful. Then we drove up toward Boulder, but didn’t make it all the way to Capitol Reef. We had 1 1/2 hours to spare before dinner so we drove down a random road and found a huge, beautiful red canyon that wasn’t in our guide books or on the map. Utah is so flush with gorgeous canyons it just treats some of them as throwaways. Pretty amazing, huh? Did you do any hiking when in Utah, and did you enjoy your trip?

gardenerjoy I never knew that massage could have that side effect – I hope you are feeling better now.

Susan (hikergirl) Kudos for coming here and posting about your overeating. Today is a new day…

Amie (jazzmegirl) I’ve always found the Mediterranean diet to sound interesting. Hope it works for you!

nathy Have fun on your trip. Where do you live, that you can go to Germany for only two days… Good luck making reasonable choices on your trip!

silverbirch I must have missed when you posted you are at your mothers. I wish you the best…

CeeJay Ouch for getting off track. I think it’s happened to most of us at one time or another. So you have a big crowd rooting for you. You are right to positive to focus on now and the future, make plans, and do your best to keep them. Credit for coming up with a good plan to get you back on track!

Nuxmaga Kudos for a very successful pub dinner! Oh well for the cookies, food happens…

Cheryl (seadwaters) I have to disagree with you. You had lots of credits yesterday – planning your weekday and weekend breakfasts, planning your lunches, planning for your trip out of town.

Bill I meant to tell you about 2 birds we saw in / near Bryce: Stellar’s Jay which is much cooler looking that it’s close cousin the Blue Jay. We also saw the Black Billed Magpie, but only in flight… Other than that and some mule deer, we didn’t see any wildlife. It’s very different than when I’ve traveled to other National Parks, where we seem to see a variety of plentiful wildlife.

Beverlyjoy That’s an amazing list of credits – plus coming up with responses to 25 sabotaging thoughts. A truly impressive day!
Old 04-10-2010, 09:51 AM   #107  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Beverlyjoy, my screensaver for the day says "March Forth to Goal"! Thanks! I set a mini goal of 189.

ChinaMaine, yes Utah is incredible! My DH has roots-his Grandfather was born on the Virgin River in Zion. We did do some hiking. DH wanted to take me to Angels Landing in Zion. After we made it up and down(amazing feat for me*credit* good eating and exercise) he said that he had literally prayed for days that I would make it...5 years ago I couldn't walk up a flight of stairs. He was relieved and I was greatful...We're going back in November. We're an 8 hr drive to Zion which was my favorite.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:52 AM   #108  

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning everyone…
Wow, what a delightfully active thread over the last few days. I had my first complete day home yesterday. It felt good. I have one binge free day under my belt. I am looking forward to following The Masters today and tomorrow. I will make a food plan today. That is something that I do not always do (it is a pesky nuisance) but I must see if this makes the difference. I am trying to get ready for my trip to Utah (all cycling and biking for 6 days) and I am rather concerned that I do not have the fitness base so yesterday was a cycle day (1 hour up and down hills (actually a mountain) in my neighbourhood). This morning was stretching and strength and I hope to go for a nice toodle on my bike this pm and get in some mileage.

Chinamaine – congrats on the 1.3 lb weight loss. Steady as she goes!

Lexiss – wonderful stats. I have never been to Zion or Bryce but I have been to White Rim Canyon and Grand Staircase Escalante on bike trips with Western Spirit Adventures. I am heading back there in a couple of weeks and cycling and biking in The Maze with the same company for 6 days. I do not have the endurance built up. I am a bit concerned but I totally love the area. I fly into Grand Junction. I agree that the scenery in Utah is wonderful and awe-inspiring. I do live in a wonderful place with incredibly awe-inspiring locales (mountains, oceans, forests, streams) as well, but it does not offer the desert/rock stuff that Utah does.

Gardenerjoy – not good about feeling ill after a deep tissue massage. Have you tried drinking lots and lots of water? I believe that deep tissue massage releases a lot of chemicals in your body and water might help. You probably know all of this and it did not help.

Jazzmegirl – I like the idea of eating Mediterranean style. It really is too bad that chips are not part of the programme.

Nathy – have a wonderful trip. Sprechen/lesen sie deutsch?

Silverbirch – I read in yesterday’s post that you are handling some family(?) issues/loss? Be gentle on yourself with regards to your eating and I wish you well.

Ceejay – try and think “ah well” as per Beck and focus on the now. I know that that is easier said than done but be gentle on yourself. One thing I keep seeing throughout this thread is that we all seem to be so hard on ourselves.

Onebyone - I can relate to the “I like drama but no more with the food please”. Insightful.

Nuxmaga – good luck with your mosaic teaching. You sound really aware of your reasons for eating. You did have some triumphs yesterday.

Seadwaters – good luck with your day.

BBE – wow, good on you for all of those fabulous maintenance skills (and being aware of them)

Beverly Joy – good on you for handling the “good and plenty”. That would have thrown me into a tizzy

April 10 morning
Weight 156.4 - yikes
Exercise month to date -- 135 minutes of cardio, 75 min of strength or stretching
Days in April without compulsive overeating - 3 of 9
Old 04-10-2010, 12:25 PM   #109  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

My food plan yesterday was to eat only as much as my tummy would tolerate and no more and I managed that. Today's plan is to eat about half of my normal DASH diet food plan and see how that goes.

WI: NA kg, Exercise: +0, 405/1800 minutes for April, Food: 100%op, Read my Advantages and Responses: no

nathy
: I count gardening as exercise when I work really hard. If it feels like only half the effort of my normal exercise, I will count half the time (work for an hour, but only count half an hour in my exercise minutes). Some things, like planting seeds, doesn't feel like much exercise at all, so I don't count it. I like to walk and use all kinds of fitness DVDs, including yoga, which I also count in my exercise minutes.

Everyone who mentioned drinking water after a massage: yes! That's exactly right. After my first massage, I had some nausea and put it down to not drinking enough water. For the second one, then, I drank lots of water but ended up much sicker than the first time. Next time, I'm going to bring water in the car, so that I get more water in more quickly after the massage. I heard from my massage therapist and she's going to change things up next time and include some massage work that helps with digestive issues. I didn't know that a massage could help with that, so that's pretty cool.

Hello to everyone else!
Old 04-10-2010, 04:16 PM   #110  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 149/128/123(next goal)

Height: 4'11"

Coaches/Buddies:
I don't feel like posting right now (I've been thinking about doing it for a few hours now), but I'm going to do it anyway! I'm sure my thoughts will be disjointed, so bear with me.

Frustrated by having such a rough week after having such a good week last week. Went for 2nd session with my therapist yesterday and she was great-- I feel like she gets me in a way nobody else has before (or at least in a really long time).

Tried running this morning, but wasn't able to do too much-- I either now have a sinus infection or at least a really bad cold

I know things will get better.

Going to play tennis with Jim now.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:22 PM   #111  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Smile Longwindedness about my day today...

Hi Coaches

I got up early to get to the art school to meet my buddy Shirley in the printroom. Before I could eat breakfast my sister from Florida called to yak to me about how her guests, our brother and his wife, were doing at her place and their first visit there. They love it, the place is too small for everyone and my DB and my SIL drink a lot. The best part is my DS imitiation of our SIL voice is getting spot on. Geez. it's not very nice but boy is it funny. She has a very shrill voice. We, on the other hand, all sound like broadcasters... but I digress with this horn-tooting behaviour... anyway all this to say with the phonecall and then it was later than I thought I rushed to the bus and I hadn't eaten breakfast. Wow. This breakfast thing is really tough for me. I don't recall it being so tough before. Anyway I got downtown and had a breakfast sandwich thingy and a coffee. Then spent a really physical day hauling big blocks of sandstone with images we drew on them onto the presses and inking them up and printing our stones. This is the wonderful world of lithography. Whoever figured out you take two rocks, rub them together to get a flat surface, then use SIX grades of carborundum to grain the surface smoother (the same gritty stuff that's on the surface of sandpaper) by successively rubbing the stones on top of each other with the different grades of grit one after the other, then write on it with a greasy pencil, then get a mix of gum arabic and nitric acid and "massage" it, with your gloved hands, into the stone to burn the drawing onto the stone (this is the etching process) then ink it up, then cover it with a mix of talc and rosin, then cover that with lithotine (a non-toxic subsitute for turpentine made from trees the label says; we don't buy it) and then cover that with asphaltum (yes smells like asphalt looks like tar) and then you wipe it all off with a damp sponge and it comes off leaving the surface of your stone smooth but your image remains to catch the ink when you roll the ink over the surface, the wet surface, of the stone as it must be kept sopping wet while you ink.

Now tell me, how the heck did people figure this out?

I added a jpg of my wet stone at this stage for you to see it, plus one of the print from it. it's called the red herring. (btw the image is 18" x 15" plus a border of about 3" or so all around it before you get to the edge of the stone. The stone is about 3" thick.) I did the black and white print on Thursday in class; today I did the red one plus one more black and white one. To make it red I took red rice paper, cut it to size and glued it to my paper. This is called chine colle. Then I printed over this prepared paper right onto the red paper, the white paper and two accent pieces of orange paper around the eye. That was TOUGH. I had to line everything up by eye and hope for the best. I love it. I made it after I made 11 copies of "Zombies need HUGS". I have the jpg of the sombie stone but surprisingly not one image of the print! I was too busy getting them done... tomorrow I'll pick them up when they are dry. Can't wait.

Anyway the whole process is physical and it all of a sudden it was 2 pm and ... no lunch and my stone can't dry out and I need to print 3 more for the class edition of 10 prints I was doing and so my friend kept my stone wet while I went down and got some "healthy" omega 3 flax fibre oatmeal chocolate cookie from the vending machine. It must have been healthy as it was quite *blech*.

I broke a sweat printing today too. This was a first. And EVERY single print turned out. Never ever has this happened a truly magical day in the print room with a difficult process I never thought I'd do on my own wihtout the teacher around. Not ever. *credit* I feel so proud!

Then I came home to DH making chicken wings in the oven and I ate some but not all *credit* and I made some potatoes in the microwave for myself because I wanted some kind of a veggie.

So, once more, not perfect but better. I need a real plan though. I'm closer to it than I was before. Thanks for reading my long post...just wanted to share my happy day
Attached Images
File Type: jpg redherringstone.jpg (96.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg redherring.jpg (92.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg redredherring.jpg (96.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg zombiestone.jpg (94.0 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by onebyone; 04-10-2010 at 08:34 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:14 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

Hi, Everyone.

I am checking in. Subsequent to my last post in March (after having given myself a concussion from a stupid fall), I went through some major stress with school/work only to be punctuated by the unexpected death of my father. It has been really rough. He was only 61 and I miss him.

With all of that, my work outs with my personal trainer had to go by the wayside, but I am resuming Monday. No real change in weight either way, so I guess that is OK.

You have all been in my thoughts and I hope you are all doing well. I've decided not to try to catch-up on the things I missed and just jump in where I'm at. Please take care of yourselves and I look forward to getting back into the forum.

Last edited by FutureFitChick; 04-10-2010 at 10:16 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:02 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 304/294/200

Hi everyone,

Tomorrow I will sit and read everything and hopefully have time for personals. Thanks to everyone for their supportive words. It really helped me get back on track.

I am very happy to report my list of credits for today:

weighed in
read response and advantage cards
posted here
ate on plan and healthy despite many, many sabotaging thoughts such as "one more day of lousy eating won't make a difference" and "I will start tomorrow".

Old 04-11-2010, 03:37 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5ft3in

Default Sunday in the city

Hi Coaches
I have arrived in Sydney and unpacked and I am about to go and register and go to the Welcome Drinks and reception. I am hoping that there is something there that I can eat for dinner and that will be half way sensible but I am not expecting it. I hadn't had time for lunch and decided that if I turned up to the reception in that state I would eat everything so have just had a late lunch early dinner in Chinatown - and it was healthy! SO hopefully that will stave off anxious snacking

Credits for today

On plan breakfast
Checked in here and read the collective wisdom
Read advantage cards and response cards in preparation
Planned for this evening
Weighed myself - very disturbing. All the scavenging for food while I was travelling and during my ambivalence is showing. I will have to delete my dancing carrot by the end of this week I am sure. Oh well - get organised and keep going

Cheryl
Old 04-11-2010, 06:46 AM   #115  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Sunday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Out for an early morning bird walk; CREDIT moi. Didn't see the Spring Warblers I had hoped to see, but did see a Double-crested Cormorant up close looking quite elegant. It was a bit chilly, which is, of course, seasonally appropriate, but I had enjoyed an earlier warm day and felt it should now be warm every day, LOL. Yay for down vests and other warm clothes.

Had several opportunities to eat in response to stress. I was booking some airline flights for May to go to a wedding and different sites quoted different prices for the same flight, showed different availability of flights, and even changed what was available as I was looking it over! But, I didn't eat, and got tickets; CREDIT moi. And CREDIT moi for today being my monthly uptick-your-months-in-maintenance day.

onebyone - Amazing process to "draw" with nitric acid in stone. Sounds like quite a workout lifting stone. Now that's one serious red herring. She's wonderful!!

ChinaMaine - Sleep is good. Walking in the foggy, drippy day is a good way to make us appreciate the sunny days. Jealous of your Stellar's Jay and your Black Billed Magpie. I just love the word, "Magpie."

Kim (bennyhannamama) - Kudos for posting when you don't feel like it; you did have a rough week. Let Spring come and enjoy it.

FutureFitChick - Sending my condolences and supporting thoughts as you work through the unexpected loss of your father. Cut yourself some slack to work through the grieving process; it will take calendar time to do so. We're here and you're welcome back as is right for you.

Susan (hikergirl) - Now that's some real bicycling! And six days of bicycling sounds like one good workout. When is your trip to Utah?

CeeJay - Kudos for countering strong Sabotaging Thoughts, the most insidious there is gotta be the old, "just one more day won't hurt."

Joy (gardenerjoy) - Kudos for continuing to tweak your eating plan to fit your tummy. My limited experience with gardening is that it doesn't feel like exercise when I'm doing it, but the muscles are sore the next day declaring that they felt the burn.

Beverlyjoy - I agree, that's a wonderful list of Sabotaging Thoughts. The one I encounter the most is "It's a special occasion" - there are at least 365 of those a year, LOL. Kudos for standing down the licorice candy.

Cheryl (Seadwaters) - Such a smart move to eat before going to a reception of dubious choices. Yep, BIG Kudos for planning for your evening.

Debbie (Lexxiss) - Kudos for leaving "a remnant of choc cake for DH" - remnants are the hardest for me since they trigger my finish-it-up gene. Yep, it's easier working on stuff that doesn't have my "emotional stuff" attached. Good luck finishing your office.

Readers -
Quote:
Day 24
Dealing with Discouragement

It's important to remind yourself that you can do what you need to do! Remember, dieting does get easier. Today's task will help you persevere with your efforts even when the going gets tough.

The Beck Diet Solution, pg 189.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:32 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi beck folks, coaches and friends...

Yesterday was a healthy day - I am always grateful for that! Our cul de sac had a big impromto gathering in our driveway with folks bringing their chairs, beers, and pie. The many children on our street played and froliced. I passed up the chocolate cream and oreo crust pie & beer - CREDIT! (beer is no biggie for me to pass on - but, the pie, yes.)

DH and I had lunch on the bench on the front porch - so fun. DH grilled pork tenderloin for supper. I had mine done plain - so I could control the amount of sauce for dipping. Credit

One of the benefits of living cul de sac is it's safer for children because of less traffic. We never even thought of that when we moved here (our son is grown) But, many families with children are on the street. I think that's a benefit for us!! Everyone watches out for each other, helps with projects and is friendly. It's a wonderful thing.

I cleaned my office!! It's now clean and tidy. DH was amazed at the transformation. I am not one that is very concerned with tidiness (cleanliness , yes) - but, even I couldn't take the clutter and disarray. Feels good to walk in the room now.

credits -
planned food - logged food
felt fullness - some of the time (I need to work on this)
tasted food - most of the time
eat seated - forgot one time and stuck food in my mouth - unusual for me
leave a bite - all of the time
used resistance techniques
no seconds - all of the time
read arc/rc
stretches and strengthening

oops
no beck book
no spontaneous exercise

bill - so glad you got you bird walk in. I love the birdies too. I've seen my very favorite already.-The heron. Every summer for the last ten years a heron or sometimes a pair fly over our house. I don't know where or why they always take this route - but, I love it. My best day - was when of the little neighborhood children knocked on my door to excitedly tell me 'Mrs. C, your favorite bird just flew over the house' - What joy when a 7 year old knows a herron!. Great job NOT eating when stressed! What does monthly uptick-your-months-in-maintenance day. mean?

cheryl - Good job on your planning ahead. Darn that scale - but, it just a moment in time and can help to set you in the direction you want. Have a good trip home. I hope you found something that fit in at supper.

ceejay - so glad you posted . ate on plan and healthy despite many, many sabotaging thoughts such as "one more day of lousy eating won't make a difference" and "I will start tomorrow". This credit is HUGE - it's so easy to just 'wait until tomorrow" Awesome.

futurefitchick - I am so, so sorry to hear of your dad's untimely passing away. I am glad you let us know. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts . Post when you can.

onebyone - your prints are wonderful! All that moving things around definately counts as exercise. You said - So, once more, not perfect but better. I need a real plan though. I'm closer to it than I was before. I am glad you are moving in that direction - that it was better. Sometimes it's hard to make a plan - but, for me, it's kind of calming in a way. With a plan you don't have to have food thoughts spinning in your head - it's all there decided. Carry on.

kim - sorry your still feeling poorly...glad you posted! I am glad you feel well enough to tackle some tennis!!!!

hikergirl - a binge free day is AWESOME! Yes...planning is key. I am watching the Master's too. (at least the media is reporting when Tiger goes to the potty.)

lexxiss - LOVE that screensaver. A positive message, indeed.

gardenerjoy - being on plan when you don't feel well is a major credit. I hope your feeling all better soon...today!

chinamarie - forgetting to eat lunch - gosh I don't think I've ever forgotten a meal! I am glad you had a good day. Carry on.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 04-11-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:01 AM   #117  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning
Today: Day 11 Differentiate Between Hunger, Desire, and Cravings
Day 12-Do on an appropriate day
Day 13-Overcome Cravings
Day 14-Plan for Tomorrow

Today's screensaver: PLAN 4 TOMORROW

I read through my chapters last night, and will work on my exercises today. My major task is "Plan for Tomorrow". My goal several months ago was weekly meal planning and I'm going to try incorporating this into my "planning". I automate for breakfast and lunch and I believe my dinners would be more weight loss oriented if I would plan ahead. My office is done *credit* and feels great! I'm moving on to the kitchen, and today the refrigerator. *credit* Noticing how the day feels better when my space is organized. "Create Time and Energy"

I did a major bakeathon yesterday and had the opportunity to see how many times I want to take small bites....didn't, but noticed!*credit* I planned my tasting for later (all approved foods for South Beach Diet). Sat, tasted and moved on! *credit* My lunch was off kilter because I started too late and had to get to work so it was a shovefest but I noticed-and didn't enjoy. *credit*

BillBlueEyes, good job not eating over the stressful events of daily life. I lived on the coast of Alaska for many years and Cormorants are one of my favorites. I have actually seen a few in landlocked Colorado.

Beverlyjoy, I read through the "Identify Sabatoging Thoughts" list. Thanks for mentioning it! *credit* and congratulations on identifying cluttered office syndrome and dealing with it.

ChinaMaine, I have some sleep issues, which I hesitate to label insomnia, and I work around it. Is your insomnia continual or once in awhile? *credit* to sleep in and gain your needed rest. BTW-I follow South Beach Diet. I'm a health food person on the inside and am working to be that on the outside, too. *credit*

Hikergirl, a fitness base comes one day at a time. I'm working on that. Nice job getting your mileage in day by day. I live about 80 miles E of Grand Junction.

Gardenerjoy, I hope you're feeling better today!

bennyhannahmama, it's a big *credit* posting when you don't feel like it. You had a rough week. Here's keeping my fingers crossed for a better week. You know things will get better! It is great that you recognize that.

onebyone, I love your prints and didn't know about doing them with sandstone. Thanks for the description. Art can be very physical. I wanted to mention that I have had a really difficult time with breakfasts. My solution was to find a non-soy protien powder and a greens powder that had vitamins and nutrients that made sense to me. For over two years now I put my scoops in water, shake, then drink with my vitamins. Since starting Beck I drink it sitting down. For me, it means that I NEVER leave home without my nutrition and I don't miss breakfast foods. I'm so glad you had a happy day!

FutureFitChick, I'm sorry to hear about your Father. Congrats! on *credit* for getting back on track. I'm new...nice to meet you.

CeeJay, Good job posting your credits. You are pointed in the right direction!

seadwaters, enjoy your visit to Sydney. What a long trip. Good job having food before your reception.

The refrigerator is calling my name! Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-11-2010, 10:30 AM   #118  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Talking found it/did it/day 1-week 1 self-monitoring aka write it all down

Good Sunday Morning Coaches

I came across my foodplan by accident yesterday. I am going to follow the free 12 week online program from the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Ontario called the Healthy Weight Action Plan. They promise me this:

Quote:
What is the
Healthy Weight Action Plan?
•An interactive 12 week plan
•Developed by experts
•Easy to follow, step by step guidance
•FREE!
Why choose the
Healthy Weight Action Plan?
•From a trustworthy source
•Scientifically based long term weight-loss
•Customized for you
•Next best thing to having your own dietician!
I will give them 12 weeks of my life if they can deliver me their promises. I started today. It is broken into weekly tasks and this week it's monitor your eating and activity... so BECK-like coaches! I have a pdf food and activity log to fill out daily for a week. That's my task. It feels good to have a plan.

So so far I have had breakfast: cheddar cheese on 2 piees of toasted white bread and margarine on both breads. Three cups of coffee with 2% milk. I will be going in to the art school to work a bit in the ceramic room and then to complete my red herring print as I need to glue the red part down to the paper. I think I'll eat lunch before I go.

Lexxiss I see that planning is a focus for you right now and you've automated lunch and breakfast and considering automating dinner as well. *Credit* for all your work! I am thrilled to discover the willingness in me to do this again and the fact that you are doing it helps me. Thanks for posting about your breakfast solution. I'll look into that as well.

Beverlyjoy *Big credits* for letting the pies pass on by... good job. I was reminded how right you are when you wrote that having a plan calms you down. I feel better for having committed to one. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

BillBlueEyes*credit* for moving your ticker one month closer to you-know-what ... 60 months eh? Also *credit* for keeping eyes and hands on your computer keyboard instead of into unplanned foodstuffs while tracking down cheap tickets. Thank you for mentioning the maintainers group whenever that was you did that ages ago. I wandered in there yesterday and got hooked. I read something in a post that was so down to earth, something like "you know how to do this, just do it again" as a response to a maintainer who had re-gained x lbs. SO MANY TIMES I feel it's an EMERGENCY! Like I have somehow lost all sense all knowledge all wisdom about WHAT TO DO WHAT TO DO, a chicken-littling of my response to going off plan. This never helps me! Thanks for the maintainers suggestion though. It brought me down to earth. The sky no longer threatens to fall.

seadwaters *Credit* for realizing your own limitations/hunger and giving yourself a chance for a healthy meal before facing the hotel food and drinks. Hope you have a great time!

CeeJay*Credit* for all your credits!

FutureFitChick So sorry to hear about the death of your father. Please take good care of yourself while dealing with this blow. Glad you are back and posting.

Have a good Sunday coaches.

Last edited by onebyone; 04-11-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:35 PM   #119  

I need to start posting here more regularly so I can keep up with this thread. Credit for posting now, since I had an awful week. I would've had a two pound loss, but I binged yesterday and ruened, a huge roast beef sandwich for lunch and a jiros for dinner with the works, no no no! Oh, well. Must go grocery shopping today, plan my meals, there's no food in the house. Be back later today.
Amie
Old 04-11-2010, 01:34 PM   #120  

Height: 5'6"

Wow, lots of stuff to read through. I will comment more in a later post.

FutureFitchick - my condolences to you on your unexpected loss of your father.

April 11 morning
Weight 156.8
Exercise month to date -- 135 minutes of cardio, 115 min of strength or stretching
Days in April without compulsive overeating - 3 of 10

Last edited by hikergirl; 04-11-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Closed Thread