3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Beck Diet Solution (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/beck-diet-solution-234/)
-   -   Which Beck book(s) to you use/have? Just curious. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/beck-diet-solution/196779-beck-book-s-you-use-have-just-curious.html)

Beverlyjoy 03-15-2010 01:56 PM

Which Beck book(s) to you use/have? Just curious.

I know the first one is the basic program. Then there came a workbook. Now there's the complete Beck Book. Doesn't this most recent one have a food plan and recipes, too?

Beverlyjoy 03-15-2010 02:01 PM

I have the first book. I use a pretty lined notebook/journal to write down all my 'stuff' every day. I like having all that room! Also - on the inside of the cardboard cover I have calories per ounce of the fruits, veggies and meats that I eat. So I don't need to look up the ounces every time I weigh and record my calories.

I've read there is a CD of the book, too.

I wasn't sure if it was worthwhile getting these other books, etc.

gardenerjoy 03-18-2010 12:23 PM

I started with the green book, from the library -- The Complete Beck Diet for Life. It does have a food plan in it and is organized a bit differently. I think it was more by weeks than days.

Recently, when I decided I needed to renew my focus, I bought the pink book, The Beck Diet Solution, and the workbook. They do have slightly different tips and tricks, so I am finding it useful to have them both, but, really, you could do the program just fine with either one of them. I bought the pink book instead of the green one, in part, because it was new to me and, in part, because I didn't follow the food program in the green book and wasn't all that inclined toward it. As I recall, it was pretty protein-centric and I'm more of a high carb person. So, I liked the idea of a book that was going to help me work with a food plan of my own choosing.

onebyone 03-18-2010 02:56 PM

I have the pink workbook and I have the newest Beck Diet for Life book, which I just can't seem to get into. I got the workbook because I just wanted to get to the program and I faithfully wrote in the book and ticked off the boxes. I never write in books ever! But it was the right thing to do this time except now I have no space to write in it again!

texasmama 05-31-2010 10:17 PM

I just bought the pink Beck Diet Solution and the corresponding workbook. Today was Day 1 for me. I am so excited about this book, I truly think I have finally found a way to control my eating again! My ultimate goal is to eat to live, not live to eat!

Beverlyjoy 07-10-2010 10:44 AM

I think I am going to get the Comprehensive Beck Book. (they are low priced used at Amazon.com) Any more information can always be helpful.

Does it go into maintenence - long term living with Beck? Just curious.