Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 09:12 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

HI Buddy/coaches.

Yesterday was a good healthy day- I am grateful. I did many of the Beck activities. I am still dealing with that foot/ankle pain - it needs to calm down before Thursday. I hope, I hope!

I have been working on feeling full.: Ya know- sometimes I think that part of me is broken. I never really feel fullness yet. A friend told me to think about how each bite feels as it gets down to my tummy. To really try stay in tune with it. Maybe I'll just need to have the food on my plate planned out and stop when it's gone. (or leave a bite on my plate) Time will tell. I'll keep trying.

Last night I was really craving the dark chocolate from the other night. I even went 'looking' for it. I never found it - that's good! But - actually had talked myself out of it anyway.

Credit-
planned food
stayed with plan - logged it
exercise
mindful- tasting food - alot of the time
fork down beween bite, eat sitting, no seconds - all of the time
rc - 1 time
arc - 1 time
reminded myself that eating is not an emergency
left a bite of food on my plate every meal

working on
cravings
spontaneous exercise
feeling fullness

anne - actually, you had a good realization - now you know. Hope the blood draw goes well.

china marie - you consistently do so many good things - thinking about hunger, resistence, etc. It's a wonderful accomplishment. Hope you get rested.

seawaters - I hobble around alot myself! Thanks for your thoughts - I wish everything with food wasn't always a challenge.! you said - reading my advantages cards - I added one - Can't wait to be able to do up my shoe laces and not faint- good one!

Billiebe - glad you are feeling a bit better. It's really nice that one of the options for the lunch was a salad with chicken!!!

onebyone - glad the alarm fiasco worked out OK. It's hard to see you mom that way. I have a good friend with Alzheimer's. I know's got to be in there, somewhere. Kudo's on no sugar and your bag of giveaways.

futurefitchick - kudo's for staying in your calorie range even though your plan took a few twists and turns! Also bringing home no unplanned things from the grocery is GREAT.

Everyone have a great day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 02-09-2010 at 09:36 AM.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:37 AM   #92  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Talking Tuesday Morning Hello

Hi Coaches

It's 9am and I feel good today. If anyone is curious I was 263.8 at bedtime; 263.0 in the morning. Sleeping is magical.

I'm feeling good this morning. No particular reason except DH comes home at the end of the week and I guess I've missed him more than I knew as I am really looking forward to his return. It's funny, cause I think of "missing someone" as a "I can't live without them/my life is soooo empty" dramatic overwhelming non-functional romanticized thing and I function pretty well and I still do my thing as when he is here and well, we've been together 19 years and this is the longest we've ever been apart. It's been curious to me I haven't had more longing but I think that's more of a survival thing. I can't function in that state and I have stuff to do. My life is better when my DH is in it. That's the best reason to have a DH isn't it?

ChinaMaine Kudos for all your program consistency inspite of continuing to feel tired. I wish for you more energy soon.

seadwaters Congrats for all the credits. I too find it a challenge to live a structured program during unstructured holiday time. Just remember your plan has to be flexible enough to accommodate your life. Enjoy your summer weather Will you go to the beach?

BillBlueEyes Glad to hear you are feeling better and energetic enough to walk to buy vegetables. This is a good sign. Several friends are living with the "100 Day Cold" around here (they named it & it seems to the right name) including my best friend Tim whose 9yr old DS has been home for 3 weeks and his 7yr old brother who feels he should get to stay home too. Tim is very very tired. (He's a stay-at-home dad who's now stuck at home!)

FutureFitChick Wow so many successes in the face of so many challenges! Kudos to you. The whole going to the grocery store and not bringing back off-plan food is always a challenge for me. Credit to you for not giving in.

Beverlyjoy Wow another Beckster got through the challenge of Superbowl intact! Excellent work! Many credits there. Thanks for reminding me to lighten up on myself. I took your advice. Also it's curious how you are working on feeling fullness and I am working on feeling hunger-well tolerating/allowing hunger. When I wanted to feel full I would top up my dinner with glasses of water 1-3 to be exact. If you really need to feel full to see what that's like try it: good for you, not off plan and will get the job done. BTW your "Move, ticker move!" in your signature line with the little cheerleader always makes me laugh.

wndranne Hi I was reading your last post and I too am a halfway nothing type person. I am sure your surgery will be a minor annoyance for great benefit. Great motivation to get yourself to refocus on your plan by giving yourself a 10lb present for your birthday. This is really one of those things no one can buy you! Brilliant.

Enjoy your day today folks.

Last edited by onebyone; 02-09-2010 at 09:47 AM.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:40 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

Coaches/Buddies, I’m doing it! Finally I’m doing Day 12’s Hunger experiment. Once again I had forgotten that I’d set up today as the day and I was headed to sit down with ½ grapefruit for a snack this morning when it dawned on me that I had spent time reading last night to get this done today. I’ve had a few moments of 8/10, but they only lasted less than a minute. Hunger is very distracting for me and has made it hard to focus – my mind instantly starts whining about not being able to eat today. So far, no headache, which was my next greatest concert. I do plan to have dinner promptly at 5:30 PM though, which is on the early side for us. But, that means just 4 more hours to go.

Today’s Essentials:
Weigh-in: Didn’t weigh today lbs.
Read Advantage Cards two times: no
Read Response Cards at least two times: no
Ate slowly, sitting down, noticing every bite: yes
Gave myself credit when I engaged in helpful eating behaviors: yes
Did spontaneous exercise: no
Did planned exercise: none scheduled
Wrote out food plan for tomorrow: no
Tracked today’s food: yes

BeverlyJoy, good job for talking yourself out of off-plan food. Here’s hoping we are both able to reconnect with our stomachs to experience full…

BillBlueEyes, good job with the veggies. I am really glad you are feeling better too.

ChinaMaine, fantastic job with the credit, again! What is working for you now?

Onebyone, really terrific job with the shopping and your mom. I think you should stick a post it note with your goal weight on the scale. Remove it only when you are weighing in the morning. Great job also with being on plan and waiting for your hunger to eat. Also, you made a nice start on the decluttering. That is fantastic. Sounds like you are doing pretty terrific right now.

Seadwaters, your shoelaces card sounds fantastic. Your holiday will be over soon enough, I’m sure. So, enjoy the rest of it if you can.

Wndranne, hope your daughter made it through the blood draw OK. Sending you some focusing energy for your planning!
Old 02-10-2010, 04:44 AM   #94  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Wednesday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Slowly feeling better; thanks for the contiued well wishes. Eating was on plan; CREDIT moi. Had the opportunity to think about vending machines but didn't. Not yet exercising; Oh Well.

onebyone - Yay for feeling good without a reason - would think that reaching Nirvana would be like that.

Anne (wndranne) - Ouch for a drifting standard for on-plan. Four Ouches for being four years old and facing a needle.

ChinaMaine - Neat to continue to read you giving yourself credit for satisfaction vs. fullness.

FutureFitChick - Can't wait to hear how the Day 12 Hunger experiment goes.

Beverlyjoy - Yep, I think my "feeling full" part is broken too. Gotta just work on trying to recognize it. At least I no longer think of the stuffed feeling as normal.

seadwaters - Yay for hobbling around, anyway. Good luck making the transition to holiday.

Readers -
Quote:
day 18
Change Your Definition of Full

Break the Connection

Do the following:
. . .
  • Every time you'd like to overeat but don't, give yourself credit. You might say, for example, It's great that I'm exercising my resistance muscle.
. . .

The Beck Diet Solution, pg 159.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:06 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5ft3in

Default Wednesday

Credits for today:
  • Read my cards - Yep
  • Read my Beck book - a little
  • Checked in - here I am
  • Measured my food - I did
  • Ate on plan - mostly
  • Ate mindfully most of the time - I tried to
  • Ate sitting down - mostly
  • Weighed myself - YES
  • Exercised - No
  • Made opportunities for incidental exercise - not really
  • Gave credit for positive behaviours - I did
  • Made a food plan for tomorrow - not yet
  • Made a schedule for tomorrow - not yet
Not so good:
  • I took many excuses to try to food I was cooking
Working on:
  • Staying focussed and mindful - keep forgetting I am on a diet. You are all so in the zone and I need to get there
BillBlueEyes
Well done at the work lunch and yay for the fact that they get in healthy food. I always find these functions difficult - no reasonable food and I always eat like there is no tomorrow??!? Very mysterious.
Oops - you snuck another one in - hope you get to exercise soon!
ChinaMaine
Even though you are so tired you are keeping up with the program and exercising when you can - a great example
Anne (wndranne)
Hope things went OK with your DD and the whole blood letting thing. It seems to be easy to stray from the program - coming here is the only thing that saves me!
Beverlyjoy
I agree with 1x1 - your ticker makes me smile. I too am working on the “when am I full” v “when do I want more”. I even found recently that I was loading my salads up with lots of greens and then I read the section in Beck that said beware of “free” foods because you get used to the full feeling - OH WELL - sigh
Onebyone
You seem very chipper recently - it must be exciting having your DH coming home soon and getting to plan the future - enjoy. And you seem to be flourishing on the plan.
FutureFitChick
Hope the going hungry experiment went well - I have to say I had a rather late breakfast for that one! But it is informative
Old 02-10-2010, 07:16 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 220/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Tuesday

WI-down 1.5 lbs. Read my cards, made a plan. Food – on-plan; Exercise – off-plan. Still tired so took another rest day
The Good
- Throughout the day, I identified satisfaction vs fullness while eating, and I stopped eating when satisfied – credit!
- Throughout the day, I identified hunger vs non-hunger before I ate – yep!
- Tolerated non-hunger without eating – yep!
- Eat mindfully, enjoying every bite – credit!
- Used resistance techniques – yeah!
- I posted here – yes!
- Give credit throughout the day for every positive eating behavior –credit!
- Read the pink book – credit!

The Bad, and the Ugly
- No spontaneous exercise

Anne Have you stopped logging all your food? Or measuring? Is that how you got fooled into thinking you were on-plan?

Beverlyjoy Re not feeling fullness. Feeling fullness does take some practice. Hopefully you just need more practice. I’ve started to look for an absence of real hunger to decide when to stop eating. Do you think that might be a better signal for you to look for? Great job on the tasting food and fork-down (etc).

one by one I too rarely ‘miss’ my DH, but I always am very happy to have him home again. Who wants any kind of romanticized non-functional thing?

Future Fit Chick Kudos for your success at the hunger experiment! About giving myself credits, it just a matter of not ignoring the fact that my commitment is to write down the credits during the day, when I log any eating behavior. It’s just not a strong enough habit yet…

Bill Yay for vending machine victory!

seadwaters Lots of credits – yay! To stay focused and mindful you are a diet, perhaps you need more structure or some visual reminders to help you get in the zone. I need a lot of structure – I schedule my day, and plan and log my food online. I go back to the online tool throughout the day to sync myself back. But I know a lot of others on the list rely heavily of tactile or visual reminders.

Last edited by ChinaMaine; 02-10-2010 at 08:06 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:36 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi buddy/coaches...

Yesterday was a good day - I am so grateful. I am especially grateful because my foot/ankle was very very painful and I didn't eat over it. I didn't want to take the la la drugs because I have to perform tomorrow. The two don't mix! Rest, tylenol and ice seem to be helping.

I weighed today. I am so so excited to see three pounds gone from last wednesday. Always grateful for that. I did, however, get on the scale twice just to make sure.

Today is another quiet day. I'll get things ready for tomorrow and practice a few things.

I am glad many of you like my cheerleader saying 'Move ticker move" I put it there a while back when I had a 6 week plateau and it seems that was how I was feeling.

I did many of my beck tasks yesterday. I mostly sat around. I did change my dinner to a LC pizza. My foot was sore and I didn't want to stand around cooking. It fit in my calorie range fine. I wrote it down.

Credits
gave credit - most of the time
fork down, no seconds, eat sitting only - all the time
mindful eating/tasting - alot of the time
each meal and snack was around 20 minutes long
planned food
ar - 1 time
rc - 1 time
looked further in the beck book
exercise - few minutes of stretching
tried to feel fullness
kept telling myself that FOOD doesn't make things stop hurting (this is major for me)
felt hunger before lunch
left one bite of food on plate at meals.

working on
spontaneous exercise
fullness
making more response cards.

Chinamarie - I hope you can get rested today. I’ve started to look for an absence of real hunger to decide when to stop eating. Do you think that might be a better signal for you to look for? I will try this...thanks.

seadwaters - Staying focussed and mindful - keep forgetting I am on a diet. I think what has helped me in this is willingness to write it all down - the beck stuff (read ac, being mindful, fork down between bites, etc.) When I take the time to write down what I want to do - it makes me think about it. Then...I can check it off or not at the end of the day or in the morning.

Billieblueeyes - kudos for staying on your plan despite feeling sick - plus avoiding the vending machines is major. Thanks for your day 18 post...I am really trying to figure this one out.

futurefitchick - wowzer - kudo's for doing the hunger exercise. That's great. Tracking your food is great, too.

onebyone - down .8 is 1.5 sticks of butter - sleep is magical indeed. My DH travels alot for work. I miss him and am always glad when he comes home. I totally agree. However, I always say that he been gone so much of our marriage that it's really not 32 years we've been married - but, more like 23.

Have a great day folks.

Have a great day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 02-10-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:24 PM   #98  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I have lost my mojo.

I've been fighting a stomach virus the past week - stomach rumbly, head-achey, gross-pukey-blechness abounds. Have NOT felt like exercising. The only food I can stomach is crackers, toast, and some chicken soup. Anything else comes up or goes out fast.

AND YET...My weight is going UP... I am at 175 now. I have HUGE belly bloat! (WTF?!?!?!?!) And yes, I did go to the doc Monday - 183 by her scale (I hate her scale!) and she confirms "it's just a stomach virus, you'll just have to let it run its course... no meat, no dairy, and take some pepto a couple times a day" Um, yeah, like I WANT to eat meat or dairy right now? Not remotely!

Anyway, I'm just feeling crappy & feeling sorry for myself. Hating the fat, hating the feeling of "might as well just give up", hating everything. Waah.

Somebody tell me something good... please?
Old 02-10-2010, 12:48 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

Coaches/Buddies, I found yesterday’s hunger experiment difficult for a number of unexpected reasons. I was home yesterday as I didn’t particularly need to travel to work. I found that I couldn’t work in my family room, which ajoins my kitchen. I was really sleepy, which I should’t have been after as much rest as I got over the weekend. I ended up napping for a large portion of the morning and afternoon. I found the actual hunger sensations few and far between, with a total of less than 5 minutes in discomfort as great as an 8. But, I was nonetheless miserable for most of the day. I could not concentrate to work or kept finding myself talking/thinking about food. I can’t decide how much is just whining versus how much is biological. My husband, who has never had any need to diet criticized me for napping, pointing out that the point of the experience was to feel hunger and know that I was OK regardless of the hunger. But still, something feels off for as much misery as I was experiencing and my complete inability to concentrate on anything.

Today’s Essentials:
Weigh-in: -2.5 lbs.
Read Advantage Cards two times: no
Read Response Cards at least two times: no
Ate slowly, sitting down, noticing every bite: no
Gave myself credit when I engaged in helpful eating behaviors: yes
Did spontaneous exercise: no
Did planned exercise: yes
Wrote out food plan for tomorrow: no
Tracked today’s food: yes

BeachPatrol, so sorry to hear about your stomach virus. That sounds like a long time if you were already at the doctor Monday. Keep hydrated. The scale will work itself out when your body is not fighting that bug. Right now, your physiology needs to concentrate on battling the bug, not trying to figure out where the glucose is. Take care of you and get lots of rest.

BeverlyJoy, I need to think about how much this (kept telling myself that FOOD doesn't make things stop hurting (this is major for me)) is playing a role for me. Thanks for pointing it out. Only 16 oz. more between you and your next goal! Great job.

BillBlueEyes, glad you are feeling better and passed up the vending machine.

ChinaMaine, I’m still really excited on your credit break through!

Seadwaters, not sure where “the zone” is, but I’m still struggeling with every bite I’m not taking.

Shepherdess, hope all is well in the far away house!
Old 02-10-2010, 09:52 PM   #100  
Practicing Imperfection

Hi All,
I am emerging from winter wonderland!! I don't think I've seen this much snow since I left Canada 25 years ago!

Tracked food, credit. Walked 5900+ steps, credit(through snow!) Refrained from eating the last piece of dh's fabulous shrimp, red onion and cheddar pizza, in order to have a piece for lunch tomorrow, credit. Today's calories were a spike off the chart, with dh having the day off from work and making good meals. But Monday and Tuesday were good, and I feel confident I can go back to my target goal again. No Zumba today since the snow preempted just about everything.

Bill--glad to hear you are recovering!

Beach Patrol--sorry to hear about your stomach bleahs. Credit for going to the doctor. Your body is in no mood to be rational right now--the weight will sort itself out after your body has recovered.

Beverley--sorry to hear about your sore foot/ankle, but yay for not eating to soothe yourself.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:26 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 304/294/200

Hello everyone!!

Re the pumpkin and yogurt- this is one of the best things ever. I grow sugar pumpkins and bake them in the fall, mash them up and freeze in single servings- about a quarter cup. I defrost and mix one of these with about 1 cup of plain yogurt, a small shot of sugar free syrup, and add some walnuts. Really it is a great bed time snack.

maryblu- thanks for your words to FutureFitChick about the fact that when we are on a long weight loss journey we don't succeed or blow it in one day. Needed to hear that when I read it last night. You helped me get back on track after 3 days of off plan eating. BTW- I would be happy to have you over...just start driving north.

For me: I really did not do well Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday night. Day time eating was on plan, then I lost the thread in the evenings. I think it was a combo of a lot of things- very overtired this past week, working too many hours and over the weekend, not planning very well, having my mom bake goodies for DH, and that rebellious feeling that does me in sometimes. The "so what" thing.

Anyway I was getting panicked last night about feeling out of control, feeling that I was blowing it and that this was just like all the other times. Lots of sabotaging thoughts. I came here and read all the posts from the past few days. And knew I just need to start fresh today. And today has been fine.

Credit today for:

eating on plan
planning tomorrow and packing lunch
weighing in
reading response and advantage cards twice
did weights
rode exercise bike 30 minutes
posted to my coaches
giving credit for positive behaviour

Concentrating on developing this skills:

eating slowly, noticing and appreciating food

Thanks for listening.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:06 PM   #102  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Talking warm fuzzies

Hello and good evening coaches

I had kind of a rough start to the day but it's ended up all warm and fuzzy. I'm still in love with that beginner's drawing and painting class.

Actually, this is the second day in a row I've been quite overcome by warm fuzzy feelings. Hmmm. Yesterday in the ceramic room, I was working away and the volunteer for ceramics, a man named Martin, showed up unexpectedly. So I really enjoy martin and am so grateful to have help in the ceramic room that I am always thrilled to see him. Well this time he told me a very long story about his Uncle Buddy who when he heard Hitler had invaded Denmark left New England to join the RCAF: Royal Canadian Air Force at the ripe old age of 19 and hen proceeded to make a name for himself as The Mad Dane. He had an ability to fly higher faster and swoop better than the others often with 20 minutes to do something extra before the others caught up. Anyway really long story and at the end of it i was genuinely moved. The care that Martin took with his family and this person and the history well I found myself being very forthright and frank and mushy. I didn't mean to. I jus said "Martin you know you're a really nice guy. I really like you and am glad you're my friend," but by the end of the statement I had embarrassed us both. *sigh* I am sure we are never to speak of it again. *sigh* And then tonight my students were trying an ink drawing on big watercolour paper using a chinese calligraphy brush, india ink and white gouache plus 2-3 tones of inky washes inbetween. I took DH's black blazer, his white shirt, the suit bag and his tie and hung them against (my now standard) white draped sheet with one strong spotlight on it. This was their subject. When the class came to an end we turned our easels inward to see everyone's work and could feel tears well up. My breath was taken away but I LOVE ink. And seeing these beginner's do their first ink drawing. Oh it was almost too much for me I felt so moved. Wow what's up with my emotions? Actually in Overeaters Anonymous they say that when you remove the excess food you unbottle the emotions and they all are intensified so perhaps that's it. Anyway, I sure am feeling things deeply and i can't quite keep things in

foodwise things are good but the can of cashews are talking to me tonight. I'm not answering. i can have some tomorrow. i may have to get rid of them if they keep it up!

Last edited by onebyone; 02-10-2010 at 11:07 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:45 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5ft3in

Default Thursday - Put dieting first

Hi coaches
Your responses and discussion remind me that it is about putting dieting first - there are so many distractions and I need to keep that Response Card #6 in view. I use an online program to log food as I eat it and to plan food for the next day but I need to be sure to always use it - some days it slips

Today I was going out to lunch and last night I read the Beck book and it was day 30 - Staying in control when eating out - boy was it appropriate. The sabotaging thoughts of It's OK to eat more than I planned because - I rarely get to eat these foods / It won't hurt / I can start again tomorrow / I should eat more so I get my money's worth - that she raised are exactly what happens when I have been on diets - and I was even beginning to think them in preparation for lunch today. So instead of overeating and breaking the diet I actually followed the advice - I went online and looked at the menu, planned what I would eat, only ordered that and resisted offers of bread from the wait staff, I even pushed aside half of the (wonderful) mashed potato. So I was really pleased with myself - CREDIT - and pleased that I read that chapter again this morning

Credits for today:
  • Read my cards - yes
  • Read my Beck book - thankfully yes
  • Checked in - yep
  • Measured my food - carefully
  • Ate on plan - yes
  • Ate mindfully most of the time - I did
  • Ate sitting down - always
  • Weighed myself - YES - and it was up this morning - stay calm
  • Exercised - No
  • Made opportunities for incidental exercise - yes
  • Gave credit for positive behaviours - I did
  • Made a food plan for tomorrow - working on it now
  • Made a plan for the day - I have a schedule
Not so good:
  • Not a lot to report except I am still not up to exercise - but I need to force the issue I think - physical therapy tomorrow
Working on:
  • Maintaining the Beck structure and making time for it at the beginning and end of the day

Last edited by GosfordGirl; 02-11-2010 at 04:47 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:38 AM   #104  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Thursday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Came home early in prep for the monster snow storm; it didn't hit the Boston area - Yay - there's about an inch of snow over frozen slush to remove, but the foot didn't drop here. Sending supportive to all you guys digging out big time.

Felt good enough that when the emergency arose during dinner prep that DW didn't have a jalapeno pepper for the lentils, I volunteered to walk to the store; CREDIT moi for a beginning of exercise. I didn't cough myself to embarrassment while shopping. Today's the day to increment my maintenance ticker by a month; CREDIT moi. It does seem wimpy to take credit for the passing of the planet in its orbit, but there it is.

onebyone - Wonderful story of your drawing class. Gotta love the thought, "I LOVE ink" - suspect that your student do well because they're picking up on your excitement.

ChinaMaine - Kudos for using resistance techniques. Ouch for tired; sending supportive thoughts for your energy to return.

Margaret (Nuxmaga) - "Winter Wonderland" to say the least. Papers say you guys are under record breaking snow. I don't mind a little friendly competition with Canada, but not for depth of snow, LOL. Kudos for turning down your DH's shrimp pizza; drooling.

FutureFitChick - Kudos for finishing your hunger experiment. Really interesting impact that had on your day. Wonder if you can now notice when you feel like napping or feel miserable that it's just your distance from your last snack.

Beverlyjoy - Kudos for keeping your wits when the ankle/foot is painful. Smart move to re-plan dinner under your control rather than snarfing whatever was visible. Yep, this day 18 stuff is a challenge.

CeeJay - Thanks for the pumpkin in yogurt update. Will have to try that (using canned pumpkin, having not thought in advance to grow, bake, and freeze my own). Yep, "start fresh today" - Kudos for getting back on track.

Beach Patrol - Ouch for suffering under a stomach virus - which never deserves to be called just as in "it's just a stomach virus," LOL. Emailing you a bowl of hot chicken noodle mojo.

seadwaters - OK, so we're posting at opposite ends of our respective days - but at the same time. I wish I'd quite having silly thoughts such as, If I were seadwaters, I'd already be done with the difficult meeting scheduled today.

Double Kudos for giving yourself credit and executing a Beck demonstration of eating at a restaurant. And for ignoring the bread. And for leaving yummy potatoes.

Readers -
Quote:
day 18
Change Your Definition of Full

Break the Connection

Do the following:
. . .
  • If you're triggered to overeat, remove the triggers. For example, if you're serving yourself a family-style meal, move the serving dishes to the side of the table away from you after everyone has taken portions. If someone serves you too much food, move the extra amounts to the side of your plate. Get another family member to put away leftovers, as well as clear and scrape the dishes.
. . .

The Beck Diet Solution, pg 159.

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 02-11-2010 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Snow report edit. DH => DW geeeze.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:58 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 220/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Wednesday

WI-no weigh-in. Read my cards, made a plan. Food – on-plan; Exercise – off-plan. Still tired so took another rest day. The continued tiredness is getting to my mood. I’ve been feeling kind of weepy the last day or so. But I’m trying not to dwell on it…

The Good
- Throughout the day, I identified satisfaction vs fullness while eating, and I stopped eating when satisfied – credit!
- Throughout the day, I identified hunger vs non-hunger before I ate – yep!
- Tolerated non-hunger without eating – yep!
- Eat mindfully, enjoying every bite – credit!
- Used resistance techniques – yeah!
- I posted here – yes!
- Give credit throughout the day for every positive eating behavior –credit!

The Bad, and the Ugly
- No spontaneous exercise
- Did not read the pink book

Beverlyjoy 20 minute meals and snacks – excellent! I hope your foot feels better…

Beach Patrol I hope you feel better soon. My guess is that your flu-bug is causing some water weight gain. It’ll come back off in due time; I think patience is in order.

Future Fit Chick Well the hunger experiment seemed to affect you quite a bit. But it sounds like it still wasn’t an emergency (as Beck likes to say). It sounds to me like you need to make an effort to plan your days so you minimize the possibility of missing meals or snacks. A very good thing to know, I’d say…

Nuxmaga Your DHs pizza sounds yummy!

CeeJay Evenings are the worst time for me too. Kudos for starting fresh and having a good day!

one by one Beware of the talking cashews!

seadwaters Kudos for day 30! Great job planning for your meal out.

Bill Kudos for walking to the store and incrementing your maintenance ticker!
Closed Thread