Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 04:27 PM   #256  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Bill - OT - our 'buzzards' are the real McCoy, buteo buteo, the common buzzard. But we still shout 'Oh, what a buteo!' Little things please little minds.

Hikergirl - did pretty well, thank you. Car is loaded with rubbish for the tip & recycling. Managed to finish wrestling apart a rusted-up climbing frame with the DB (almost 10). Yes, it's a wet climate (upside: gorgeous skin!). We've been working on this frame, on and off, for weeks. It's been excellent resistance training!

Wndranne - so nice to see you. It was your remarks about Beck, years ago, that led me to investigate. Thank you! And I think that 'overwhelmed' does pass, or perhaps mutates into something else 'rich and strange'. Keep breathing, friend.

Cheerio! (Bit of lingo specially for onebyone.)

Last edited by silverbirch; 02-28-2010 at 04:29 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:18 PM   #257  
Practicing Imperfection

Hi All,
Tracked food, credit. Went to gym with dh to walk laps, credit. My weekends have been really devoid of exercise since it snowed, so I was pleased that I took a walk yesterday and today. Left some of my eggplant parmigiana at dinner. The more I practice leaving food on my plate, the less anxiety provoking it's becoming, but eating every last bit is a well practiced habit, so I'm trying to be patient with the times that I snarf it all on automatic pilot.

hikergirl--well done for food being ok! I make mosaics, which I enjoy thoroughly!

Shepherdess--yay for being back on track with your plan! That's a big accomplishment in the midst of so much exhausting work! When I'm tired, I revert to my old habits quickly. I think as soon as you've become aware and gotten back on track, that you've had a victory.

Bill--Kudos for moving the nut bowl away. Candied pecans have a strong Siren call! Nuts tie with potato chips for me in the "autopilot snacking" category.

seadwaters--credit for the app to coordinate all your Beck stuff! 100% humidity--eek! I used to eat frozen grapes in the summer with my head inside the freezer in order to cope with heat and humidity after moving to the states from Alberta, where there was no humidity.

midlifecrisis--yay for 72-second poses! That sounds like a wonderful alternative to food!
Old 02-28-2010, 08:24 PM   #258  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Exclamation eek.

Good evening coaches.

credits today for:

-avoiding the mini choc chip cookies brought to the print room for the three of us to share in. This was tough as I was upset when I left the house after having words wth DH. I stormed out. The first time I've ever done that in our 18 year history. Bound to happen I suppose

-having words with DH and not eating over my upset

-but I *sigh* brought the leftover mini choc chip cookies home as a peace offering for DH (it worked) but now, alas, I continue to avoid the cookies. Talk about punishing myself or something.

Coaches, I call DH my DH but we're not officially married. We're planning to be wed because we don't want to move overseas being unwed for lots of practical reasons but I saw in me a bridezilla moment this morning. *shudder*
After being together 18 years I am now thinking of what kind of wedding ring I want. I found the stone I want: a mandarin garnet. Man, what a nice rock. Orangey-yellow my favorite colours. I want a big one too, to honour all the years we've already put in. 2+ carats I've decided. Something showy and sunny and sparkly. I don't wear any jewelry coaches. Very very rarely. So this is out of the usual for me to desire such a thing. DH is a little befuddled and I am very very emotionally sensitive, my center is a little off-kilter these days.
Together we are alternately excited and bewildered by what is unfolding. This in turn pushes us apart and draws us together. Stress.

While the phone with my sister ("when are you getting married? Did you set the date yet?"), she showed me a few favorite on-line sites where you can buy just the stone (my sister unabashedly loves, covets, and possesses many pieces of expensive jewelry items) and I have 3 goldsmith friends who could and would happily make me the setting for it. But it's weird being focused, if only for a few hours, on wedding things. Stressful. It'll be a city hall wedding, hopefully on the summer solstice as that would have meaning for me and perhaps next year we can celebrate our first anniversary at Stonehenge (ha!). My sister knows of this, a couple of friends at school and a couple of old friends and that's it.

I don't want to be a crazy bride. I can't believe I could be a bride. I never wanted that, never cared but I don't want to live in a foreign land without any rights somehow. It just seems too iffy. If something were to happen I'd not have any, or as many, legal rights. I guess things and perspectives change and that's okay.

I suspect there will be more irrationality from my end before the year is done. This is one crazy archetypal year in my life.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:05 PM   #259  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Post Sunday personals

KidsLibrarylady So you can hear your eyes hurt. Interesting and I completely understand. I can also taste smells. Do you do that? As for the offer of a cat, well Caesar loves all animals and would welcome another kitty cat, but poor Kitty X is already beside herself with Caesar's arrival and she now seriously chews her front leg fur and she'd probably chew her legs right off if another kitty arrived on the scene. For myself, I could end up the cat lady or even a general animal lady were it not for DH.

silverbirch Cheers! It heartens me to know at least one soul in England is practicing Beck ways. Makes me know that if I do live there I can do it there too. Credit on the scale moving down.

Shepherdess Thanks for giving me details about sheep painting. Very interesting and very practical. Do you have sheep dogs to help herd them? Does anyone ever use a shepherd's hook?? And yeah, being tired is a trigger for me too as well as looking after everyone but me. BTDT. Oh Well is an appropriate response. Credit.

hikergirl Credit for an "okay day". May you have many more.

wndranne Lots of the "new normal" happenin' around here too. Credit for stopping by. Thinking about that beautiful desert landscape you live in. Will it be raining soon??

Nuxmaga Big credit for leaving food on your plate. I'll take it to heart that that gets easier. I am still only rarely able to practice this.

Billblueeyes Those nuts are truly your Achilles heel. I do understand their siren's call. You wrote:
Quote:
...and avoided those dishes with mayonnaise, noodles and the like
could you elaborate on what else you'd avoid ie "the like"? What kinds of food dishes do you never, or extremely rarely, indulge in as a rule?

to everyone reading...

Last edited by onebyone; 02-28-2010 at 09:09 PM. Reason: typos
Old 03-01-2010, 05:28 AM   #260  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Discussion continues on the March 2010 Thread

This discussion continues on

Beck Diet For Life/Solution – March 2010 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach

Please join us there.
Closed Thread