Old 02-17-2017, 01:43 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 149/139/135

Height: 5' 3"

OK ladies, hate to do this but I think I'm going to have to do something else. I've been there, done that with "diets" where I lose a nice amount in the first week or two and then - nothing. 6 lbs. in a month is good - but I can't stay motivated on a plan where I'm fighting the 7th lb. for 3 weeks. I mentioned before, towards the end of October I was down to 140 lbs. just counting calories via The Rotation Diet. Halloween came and I couldn't control myself around the candy. I know I can get the scale to move more but Atkins isn't doing it for me.

And it's not just that. I'm starting to get bored with my food choices. I went off plan for the first time yesterday and it wasn't for candy - it was for potato chips! I've been thinking about them for a few days for some reason. I was hungry yesterday - my stomach was actually grumbling. Lately I've been eating around 1200 calories a day (even had a 1400 day) - not like in the beginning when I couldn't even get to 1000. If I can't continue losing being on 35 carb grams a day then I have to try something else. I can't live this way without losing more weight.

I did a lot of reading the past couple of days. I read about carb cycling (I reached goal on Weight Watchers using the Wendie Plan where you had low days, medium days & high days instead of the same amount of points each day). I also read about macro eating plans or IIFYM, also called flexible dieting. Seemed like it was more for weight lifters but was also for losing fat. I just read an article that said after a 2 year study macro eating didn't work/maintain any better than some other diets.

All in all, after much reading a few articles reiterated that it's really fuel in, energy out - consuming less calories than you need.

I think I'm going to give the new Weight Watchers plan a try first. It almost sounds like it's geared towards lower carb and trying to keep you away from sugar. I downloaded a calculator on my phone that cost $3.99 that has the new plan's point system but WW has a special now that if you sign up online for 6 months it costs around $99.00 and if you reach goal within 3 months (10 lbs. minimum, which would push me a couple pounds under my goal, which I was considering anyway) they give you $100.00 back (I have to read the fine print)! I'm a competitive person and I think this could keep me on track - reaching goal and doing it all for free using WW tools. It's not for the money back, although that is also a form of motivation.

I'll miss it here and I'll probably be jumping to the WW threads. Not doing anything until I get back from my trip. I plan on eating good while away and will start WW upon my return.

Neko - my Valentine's Day drink was very tasty and since I fit it in my carbs for the day I didn't feel guilty. I'm missing my Noosa yogurt. I was never a yogurt lover until I found this. I'm going to have it today for lunch. High in carbs though because it does have sugar in it.

Nancy - wish I was as patient as you fighting a pound for so long. If I didn't feel bored and deprived I'd stick it out, but I've been on other plans where I just couldn't lose beyond that first or second week. At one point I was going to skip from plan to plan to reach goal. Seems like each new way of eating shakes up my metabolism temporarily and I'd normally lose 4 lbs. and that was it (Shangri-La Diet, The Jerusalem Diet, 5-Factor Fitness Plan, Fat Smash Diet & many more) . At least I got 6 with Atkins. I've been thin most of my life and I don't feel good with extra weight. Sheesh, when I looked at a weight chart once when I was in the low 150's I was labeled as "moderately obese."

Last edited by judyo; 02-17-2017 at 04:32 PM.
judyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:38 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 195/165/150

Height: 5"6'

Morbidly obese at 150? What kind of chart was that.

The best diet for anyone is one you can stick with and lose weight on. Weight watchers is a good program, I think they've really stepped up on the food choices since the early 2000's when I was on the program. Then it was all about calorie counting aka points without too much regard to healthier choices outside of required vegetables. I know the newer programs focus on healthier carb choices instead of just finding the lowest points. Or the fascination with how much food you can get for the least points.

Good luck on your new plan. You'll still stop by and say hello occasionally right? This is a very slow section and I feel like since I re-started in January Atkins is kind of dead here.
Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:23 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 149/139/135

Height: 5' 3"

Neko, I was about 153 or something - I'm 5'3" and small boned. I actually reached my lowest weight on WW - I was in size 4 pants in my early 50's and I'm somewhat pear shaped, although a friend who hadn't seen me in a while asked me where my *** went. When I started gaining some back my friends said I had gotten too thin - I didn't feel that way. But that was too low of a weight for me to sustain. I'd be happy to fit in a size 8 comfortably. Now I'm between 10's & 12's although some of the 12's are too big.

I was kind of bummed this forum was so quiet - not sure about WW here and they have their own community on the WW website. I know WW lost a lot of members with the new program and from reading complaints I feel that it's because they can't game the system like they were able to on Points Plus.

I'll definitely stop by and report in. Won't be starting the new plan until I return from AZ on the 28th.

Last edited by judyo; 02-17-2017 at 08:24 PM.
judyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 11:13 AM   #64  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Wow Judyo I do hate to see you go and please feel free to post with us anytime you want. I don't care what plan you are using as long as it is working for you.
I do get frustrated with my no loss weeks but I have kept a journal and when I look back it has been steady each month it just feels like it is slow.

With so little weight to lose it may be harder for those last few pounds to come off. My lowest weight I can remember is 152 but my goal is now 140 I know it will take awhile to get off.
I never had much luck with weight watcher but I wish you the best of luck

Just remember Rome was not built in a day and neither was your goal weight

I have good news to report! After a bottle of wine last night...yes I drank it
I am down 1.4 lbs this am....not sure how that happened
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 10:19 PM   #65  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Default Redi whip for creamer

[hi, Neko,
Have you tried Redi Whip for creamer in your coffee?its only 15 cal and 1G carb. No fake sugar and creamy good!
I've tried the Atkins choc covered peanuts and they are really good- too good actually and I have a hard time not overeating them 😳
. For jeans, I love the black jeggings- lots of stretch and look like black jeans- plus they are not low cut. I got them at JC Penney - A.N.A brand.
So for dinner, husband wanted Hardee's chicken and sides. Took the breading and skin off the ckn breast 0 carbs, had cole slaw 5 carbs and green beans 0 carbs.
Gave the biscuit to my 3 dogs SF jello w redi whip - yum!
Just realized it's just as cheap to buy ready made SF jello (4 for $1) than making it myself 😀

QUOTE=Neko;5301195]bigdog, what about some of the Atkins candy items. I nearly bought some last time I was shopping. They had chocolate covered peanuts. I had a sample once, swear they tasted like peanut m&ms. There were other chocolate choices. Hershey's makes sugar free chocolates and peanut butter cups, not sure of the carb count. I do eat the SF jello and SF whipped cream almost daily right now. I really want to cut down on artificial sweeteners a bit. But I'm not quite ready to give up all sweet tasting things.

Judy, my morning coffee has half and half and splenda. Although it's not exactly bullet proof coffee, it's the only breakfast I eat. How does coffee with butter taste? I'd love to give up the few carbs in my half and half.

Nancy, jeans that are too low cut are a deal breaker for me too. It's not comfortable to have jeans you need to pull up all day long.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by bigdog; 02-19-2017 at 10:31 PM.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 10:54 PM   #66  
Motivated Member

Judyo,
I did WW last year and the new program does focus on lower carbs and sugar. Unlimited fruit but I still stuck to 2 servings a day to show a weight loss each week.
The online support is excellent where the members shared photos of their meals showing the point count. For me though I need to eat less carbs than they allow so found myself steering to the Atkins recipes more. good luck!!
Thks for the chocolate recommendation. I had just looked up carbs for the Ghirad dark choc chips and 16 chips are 5 carbs. That's pretty good

Last edited by bigdog; 02-19-2017 at 11:05 PM.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:37 PM   #67  

bigdog, But redi-whip is sweetened with sugar. I'm trying to avoid all sugar and want to avoid some artificial sweeteners. I think it's a matter of learning to teach myself to drink coffee without sugar. But I've been drinking it for over 20 years this way, it will be a hard habit to break. Currently, I'm still keeping my carbs from 20-25 a day, no room for sugar. Sometimes when an item says 0 carbs, it still has half a carb or so. One serving of whipped cream is really small, it would be easy to consume 3 or more carbs of just sugar. Land o Lakes makes a sugar free whipped cream, but I can only find it occasionally at ShopRite.

Nancy, YAY on the loss. Currently I stopped losing too, but I swear this always happens to me around 185.

Judy, let us know how you are getting on with your new diet when you start. Have a great time in Arizona.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:41 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 254

Question atkins

I am on first week of induction but am only eating about 15 net carbs per day rather than 20. Any info on benefits or bad results from the lower number than required?
forever14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 05:48 PM   #69  
Motivated Member

Redi whip 2 Tablespoons only has 1 G sugar and 1 G carb., 15 calories.
Makes my coffee tastes like a dessert . I don't even use sugar or stevia anymore
Sometimes I'll add some of my chocolate protein shake for a mocha taste

Busy week ahead so bought a couple low carb Atkins TV dinners to try them out, Angus meatballs that I can microwave and eat w my Cauliflower rice or on a salad- trying some new foods so I don't get bored and stray toward the carbs!
Stir frying some lean ground beef w cabbage, green peppers and jalapeños tonight - my DH will wrap the mixture in tortilla shells and I eat on shredded lettuce. Good for leftovers too.
Almost cheated and grabbed some chocolate Vday candy- had it in my mouth and was thinking- this really is not that good and why waste the carbs on it and derail my weight loss - so spat it out!! �� Lol!

Last edited by bigdog; 02-20-2017 at 05:59 PM.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:04 PM   #70  

I'm also afraid if I have a can of rediwhip, I'm going to stand by the fridge and squirt it in my mouth. lol

Let us know how you like the Atkins dinners. It's definitely a good idea to have something quick to eat that isn't eggs or tuna. Good on passing up leftover chocolate. It's not worth the carbs unless you have something special. I almost buried my face in a package of oreos yesterday, but managed to pass on them.

forever14, some people do better on less carbs than other. Do you feel satisfied on 15 carbs a day? It won't hurt you to be lower on some days.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:57 PM   #71  
Motivated Member

Neko,
I probably am sometimes guilty of adding more than 2TB of whipped cream so making sure I measure now
The good thing about the pre packaged SF jello is that there's not much room for the whip! Love the cherry and orange.
Great leftover lunch of my lean ground beef stir fried w green peppers, cabbage and jalapeños for some spice 😀
Keep sharing everyone- your successes motivate me!
Old 02-22-2017, 01:32 PM   #72  

That's true about the small pre-made jello, you can only get the 2TBS of whipped cream on there. Mostly I like the strawberry and the lemon-lime, which is a funky shade of green.

I'm boring again for lunch today, tuna over salad. Lunch is usually tuna or eggs, since I don't eat until I get home from work around 3:30.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:58 PM   #73  
Motivated Member

Food Lion only had Cherry jello this time around so that was my only choice. Lol! Had Dannon light and fit 80 cal Tiramisu Greek yogurt for snack and OMG it's good! High protein 12G and carbs 9G. Totally worth the carbs and I'll still be under 35 for the day.
Kale and Spinach prepackaged salad w roasted pumpkin seeds and a couple dried cranberries- left off the poppy dressing and added my buttermilk ranch for 1 carb. Added left over chicken.
Lost another 3lbs- YAY!! But oh yeah, gained 2 this weekend with all the events I went to so lost those 2 plus 1 more ��

Last edited by bigdog; 02-22-2017 at 07:01 PM.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:29 PM   #74  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Geez I feel like I have been gone a lifetime and only missed a day or so

Hello gals

oh btw don't get me started on sf jello...lime yum and rediwhip...can't even buy it any more way too tempting

Well just wanted to let you know WI have been all over the place it seems. up 4 oz down 1 up 1.5 lb down .5 crazy for me. so what did I do tonight?????

had kung pao chicken from safeway deli LOL I know I will pay and pay but I so rarely go over my 20 carbs per day my body will forgive me in a week or so.

bigdog let me know how you like the atkins dinners. I saw them at wally world the other day and read the net carbs for the serving size of the container and thought I can eat a heck of a lot more than that for that amount of carbs.

fovever I have been on induction since oct 17...lol only rarely going over and mostly keep at 10-15 carbs a day and I watch the calories too and try to keep them down under 1500 only because I am not active and my total I want to lose is about 45lbs I am a slow loser and have not even dropped 25lbs yet so do the math. I just keep hanging in there.

oh I also take medication that makes my life better but weight loss really really tough

I am off for the night
see you tomorrow
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 12:04 AM   #75  
Motivated Member

Is that 10-15 carbs or Net carbs? I'm having a hard time getting over a 1000 calories since I'm trying to stay between 30-40 carbs. Kale, cabbage even have too many carbs! I haven't tried the Atkins dinners yet. One is 5 net carbs and the other one is 7 net carbs. I have them for emergency situations in case I'm ready to grab something crazy like my DH's pizza or BBQ ribs!!
The jello is amazing at 5 cal for my dessert every night.
My DH is a Chef and was bringing home Cheesecake , key lime pie and creme brûlée so I have to have my fake dessert LOL!