Old 01-17-2017, 11:01 PM   #31  

Sue, dieting always has ups and downs. The key is to have more ups than downs. I have lost 3 pounds in the first 2 weeks. For someone my size, build, and activity level, this is low. I will keep in there. I have been eating fewer calories cause I have not been as hungry lately. I am averaging about 1500 calories a day. 3 days ago I started adding 2 tbl of chia seeds to my salads. This ups my fiber and only increases my calories by 120. It also make me feel bloated but full, so I am forcing meals. My goal is to loose 40 lbs by April 1, and then transition to intermitent fasting 3 days a week to stay at 240 while still enjoying great food and drink. I brew beer, make wine, and compete in BBQ competitions, so the 4/3 fasting allows me to enjoy these things without gaining. Good luck everyone.
Brocker81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 10:49 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 195/165/150

Height: 5"6'

Brocker, I can understand not being thrilled with that amount of weight loss. It's hard when you do everything right and the scale still doesn't move.

Hi, SafetyLady. I hope your induction is going well.

I'm a week and half into induction now and have been strong. Even though my husband brought home a bunch of munchkins from work last night. I had to go to bed very early, I couldn't stop thinking about eating them. Weight myself Tuesday, only down 2.8 pounds. I'm not particularly thrilled about my weight loss either.
Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 07:44 AM   #33  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Thank you for your words Brocker... Very kind... I am glad the scale did move... slowly but it did and happy for you... and with the Chia seeds (I will have to check into that! ) for the extra fiber.. sounds like a great idea. What a fun life you have!

Neko.. Good for you to stay away from those little balls of carbs lolololol That takes will power and a smart mind to stay away from those little balls!

I have been good and sticking like glue to true induction and then ate 3 left over Christmas chocolates.. ARGH... They are now GONE... so no more temptations.. but the weird thing.. I gained 1 1/2 lbs??? and yet my fitbit says I used up more calories than I ate. BUT my feet are swollen... so I am back being a lake again... holding water for the future LOL.. Time for alittle lemon water and may that water flush out!

I wish you all a lovely and easy on your mind day!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 02:28 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaskipandlaugh View Post
Neko.. Good for you to stay away from those little balls of carbs lolololol That takes will power and a smart mind to stay away from those little balls!
Fortunately I'm pretty sure they are stale now. The kids didn't even go too nuts over them and half the box is left. Didn't kill my husband for bringing junk I love into the house.

Since you didn't eat 1.5 pounds of chocolate, you probably didn't gain 1.5 pounds of fat. Carbs tend to make you retain water when you're on a low carb diet. Unless you did eat 1.5 pounds of chocolate.... Then it's still ok, because you probably really needed it. lol
Old 01-20-2017, 09:41 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 149/139/135

Height: 5' 3"

I am 63 yrs. old and have been a member here on & off for quite some time. I am starting Atkins Induction today. I was successful in the past with The Carbohydrate Addict's Diet about 18 years ago. I had trouble reaching 12 carbs of approved Induction veggies today even with a large salad, almost 1/2 an avocado, cauliflower & green beans. I wish I had some olives in the house. I'm not hungry but I'm trying to follow the rules of induction and have nothing else to eat to fulfill 12 carbs of allowed veggies. In fact, I've only had 11.3 carbs today total. Guess I'm going to the store tomorrow to get more veggies. I don't really like a lot of vegetables though, especially the non-starchy veggies that are allowed on Induction.

Since I only have 14 lbs. to lose I could actually start in Phase 2 but thought I'd start out on Induction. Might have to rethink that!

Last edited by judyo; 01-21-2017 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Adding more information
judyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 12:18 PM   #36  
Sue finding inner song

Kay, That is a Wonderful loss of weight for the month! Congratulations to you! That is an incentive for me too to follow your example!

Hello Judy and welcome to this thread! I see from your start date that you have been a member (AND a success story too I am sure!) of this site. Induction sure does shed the excess water fast too. Which is nice (helps get rid of the brain fog fast ) I have a feeling you are not long for induction. I too am not fond at all with veggies (you like more of them then I do). We just manage the best we can with what we like (so we stick too it! ) May your journey with this way of eating be easy peasy!

Hello Neko, Always, Brocker.. I hope you all are doing Great!

After having the virus on my computer last weekend... I got a virus (tho thank god it wasn't the same one.. would hate to lose any of my memory LOLOLOL).. I have had a temp Fri/Sat and on top of my Homeopathic treatment.., I took some aspirin and it held onto water (to help with swelling and inflamation I am sure).. Today I feel better and my weight is finally down to a lower number! Hooray.
I hope everyone is stearing clear of this Respiratory thingy that is going around... and (Kay) staying clear of the tornadoes in this icky storm that has been sitting New Orleans to Jax, Fl .. Hope you are safe and sound if you are affected!
Old 01-22-2017, 02:30 PM   #37  

Sue, thanks for the welcome to this board. I tried joining an Atkins Group from the Atkins site but it's set up like the dark ages of groups/forums. Plus, the Atkins site is being worked on so their forums aren't working properly. I've always enjoyed 3fatchicks but see that the Atkins Group isn't very active and I read the site was sold. Guess Atkins isn't the "diet du jour" - after all of my prior diets, this is the first time doing Atkins.

I lost 4 lbs. in 2 days so far and might go to Phase 2 sooner than later as I'm having a difficult time getting in 20 carbs daily - especially with 12 being good veggie carbs. Plus, I'm now 10 lbs. to goal. If I could just add some low carb fruits I could do better - maybe I'll keep to the 20 for a few more days by adding some LC fruits, or at least some carrots.

In fact, I haven't even been able to eat 1200 calories each day - not even close. That's OK for a couple of days but not good long-term (although I've also been successful on The Rotation Diet). I woke up hungry today for the first time since starting so had an egg and bacon for breakfast, which should help get me back on track to more normal calories (I was just starting my day with coffee with 1-2 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream, which can hold me over for 3-4 hours). With that said, I could do The Rotation Diet along with Atkins - or close to the combo, and do good. I'm sure my appetite will come back soon.

I am still at the end of a cold I caught a couple weeks ago - lost my voice at one point and still coughing and blowing my nose a lot, but at least I'm feeling better. Hope you feel better soon!
Old 01-22-2017, 06:30 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaskipandlaugh View Post

After having the virus on my computer last weekend... I got a virus (tho thank god it wasn't the same one.. would hate to lose any of my memory LOLOLOL)..
That would be scary to catch your computer virus.

Hi Judyo, nice to see more people in the Atkins forum. Four pounds in two days is amazing. I haven't lost four pounds in two weeks even at my weight.

I was thinking the same thing. There isn't much support for Atkins these days, it seems like not the most trendy diet lately. So, what do you guys think the trendy diet is? I'm thinking ********** (insert trendy starred out shake diet), so many facebook posts about it. I gag looking at my friends post pics of the shakes.

Today I have eaten romain, 1/2 avocado, cucumber salad (yum) and will have green beans with dinner. I think that just gets me to 12 net carbs of vegetables. That is a lot of vegetables. I'm still barely going to be around 1000 calories and that's even I manage to eat three chicken legs.

Last edited by Neko; 01-22-2017 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Apparently the diet mentioned is a no no. lol
Old 01-23-2017, 12:15 AM   #39  

Hi Neko. I can usually lose pretty quickly the first week of most eating plans. Then it really starts slowing down. I added more carbs today to get to 20 and I actually feel bloated. The way I feel makes me think I won't lose anything tomorrow. I had peanuts and I kind of felt like eating something more after - not necessarily peanuts, just had the desire to keep eating. I think peanuts can be a problem food for me because of that. I'll have to be careful with them. At least I got around 1200 calories today, maybe a little higher.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:13 PM   #40  

Thanks for the welcome KayG.

I woke up this morning not feeling hungry but I didn't even lose an ounce. I had some carrots yesterday which I see aren't supposed to be eaten until Phase 3, but I needed to up my carbs to get to 20 & I'm down to 10 lbs. to goal, which I guess could put me into Phase 3. I had one of the new Atkins Bars (the Mocha Almond Bar) - yuck! Will save that for an emergency only!

Last edited by judyo; 01-23-2017 at 03:53 PM.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:24 AM   #41  
Sue finding inner song

Hello all May it be a lovely day for you!

Neko and Judy.... I think you are right in regards to Atkins not being the way of eating by choice these days. But alot of the other plans are going low carb... so Atkins seems to have made a dent in the American diet This whole board is so much quieter than 2 - 3 years ago. I remember not being able to read everyones posts (on this whole web site) as 50+ an hour were being posted. I think Fitbit and other devices have boards and discussion places. I have always like this web site (most of the time - miss Elvislover! and Ian) as it everyone helps each other!

Kay,. I see you really are doing very well this January (saw in the challenges) Way to go!

I am almost down 10 lbs I am officially down 9.0 today so that makes me smile and I feel almost 100% healthy too. Good Day!

Joy to you all!'
Old 01-24-2017, 09:28 AM   #42  

Wanna, YAY for being down 9 pounds and feeling healthy.

Judy, I have had some Atkins products samples and hated most of them. I think it's better to stick with real foods that taste good.

I'm down a total of 4.4 pounds for induction. It's not great, but it's a decent start.
Old 01-24-2017, 11:15 PM   #43  

Sue - great job on the 9 lb. loss! Even though Atkins might not be so popular today, they sell their products in stores so they're definitely still around and people are buying their stuff. When I told my son I was on Atkins he told me to do South Beach or the Mediterranean diet instead. I read at least one of them years ago and they seemed confusing. To me, Atkins is straightforward and easy to follow. I told my son Atkins isn't what people think - zero carbs, but he wasn't buying it.

Neko - as a real estate agent I sometimes need to bring something with me so I thought I'd try one of their new bars. I'd rather have a shake. Speaking of the shakes, I have a couple of the new higher protein Slimfast shakes in the fridge. I know they both have crap sugar substitutes & other junk in them but of the two is Atkins better than Slimfast? Again, I'd rather eat real food but sometimes when I'm out in my car during times I should eat something I need to grab something quick & easy. I actually prefer the EAS AdvantEdg shakes - the chocolate tastes like Yoohoo. Not as sickeningly sweet as the others, and my downfall is sugar and candy.

Kay - I lost a couple of ounces today. I'm patient when it comes to losing weight and I know it's more difficult as you get closer to goal. I should really be on Phase 3 now and although I'm eating some of the allowed foods I'm still keeping it to 20 grams of carbs since I haven't even been on it for more than a week. I'm sure some people are afraid that if they start adding carbs (I would add five daily carbs a week and see what happens) they won't lose weight, but I know in my mind I'm eating less and I did well in the past on low carb. In fact, I'm sure I had a lot more daily carbs on The Carbohydrate Addict's Diet and went below goal and stuck with it for a long time - even kept the weight off for more than a year after going off plan. I'm a sweet and salty binger - I don't overeat at meals - but I can eat candy and chips all day. I do have candy in the house but no desire. If I do Weight Watchers or count calories I always try to slip my candy in and it just starts those binges - hard to control. Low carb is the only way to stop the cravings for me.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:07 AM   #44  
Sue finding inner song

Hello all

Kay,., you really sound like you are in the groove (mind frame) I am just about there. Its kinda nice to be in an auto control and YES (I meant to answer sooner) I love the Fitbit Charge 2... It gets me up and off my butt to move to see the actual steps done

Neko 4+ lbs down is wonderful! Hold up a bag of sugar to see how much lighter you are! I understand tho too... we see others loose like crazy and wish it was us. But I see you and you motivate me as I was so close to where you are starting 2 years ago and cannot wait to get down to your starting weight! and by that time you will be living at goal! ))

Judy,, I can understand the shakes (I like the Dark Chocolate Royale the best).. and in a pinch it works and gives you Vit & Minerals. I think sometimes the mind just needs us to chew something lololol ( I am a Title Closing Officer... )

Always and Brocker? Are you both doing well?

I had a SUPER woosh last night down 2+ lbs overnight. Best woosh I have had all month, (I think its because we have dry air here in Florida now and less humidity lololol)

Have a terrific day all!
Old 01-25-2017, 10:17 AM   #45  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning gals, mind if I join??? I have been following Atkins since October and guess I am a slow learner...or my body is. I am still doing 'induction' and down a whooping 20.b. I am not complaining mind you. I feel so much better but still have another 25 to go. I avg around 8-12 carbs per day and 900-1500 calories depending on my protein.

I am looking forward to getting to know all of you
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote