Old 06-26-2016, 12:51 AM   #1  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 300/300/160

Height: 5'5"

Default Hi everyone!

I thought I'd introduce myself since it looks like I'll be here for awhile. I don't think I have Celiac Disease (yay) but I have had back and joint pain for more than a year. I tried the chiropractor, prescription drugs, and now diet. Quitting drinking and carbs has worked - who would have guessed? I'm definitely here to lose weight, but more than that - to be able to walk like a normal person. Yeah, I can pass up bread for that!

I'm on an Atkins ish diet under the care of my doctor. I have to eat just meat and cheese for 4 weeks (1 down, 3 to go). After that I get to add veggies and I stay there until I'm close to my goal weight. Why? Part of my problem is that I'm really fat, so we're trying to get rid of it quickly.

I did low carb (Suzanne Sommers Diet - ) a hundred years ago and lost 50 pounds in 4 months. It was quick and easy. I don't really mind not eating carbs (other than the ones I can't have on ANY diet - chips, chocolate, etc).

This seems like a pretty slow forum. Would anyone like to buddy up on a daily or semi daily basis? I could use the inspiration.

Last edited by justfortoday; 06-26-2016 at 12:53 AM.
justfortoday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 03:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 263/214/157

Height: 5'2"

Hello! I agree it is slow here and would love to partner up!
Ohio Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 04:50 PM   #3  
one day at a time

Wonderful! I've seen you around as I've looked through the (outdated) posts... It looks like you've here for about 6 months? Slow but sure? Or partially committed? Although 52 pounds is 6ish months isn't bad actually. Tell me your story.

Hubs is out for a conference for a few days so I thought I'd have a little alcohol (I know, I know - only low carb stuff) and Burger King. And I did - I got yummies! I couldn't eat it. It was not even remotely what I expected. So I gave the BK to my dogs and I'm sipping on an Atkins shake. I was down another pound this morning - I hope this doesn't hurt my progress too much and I hope it doesn't hurt my HIPS too much, but hubsy is a tad....obsessive about my eating now. He's a good man, but a little overbearing sometimes!!

Your turn!
Old 06-27-2016, 08:46 AM   #4  
Ready for a win

S/C/G: 250/213.5/130

Default Back on the train

Hi ladies ! I would love to join you. I've been following the low carb lifestyle since 2002(ish). I've been up and down, fallen off the wagon and have gotten back on, again and again. I really think it would be nice to have someone to do it with. My eating style is based on Atkins. When I stay away from sugar and wheat the lifestyle is very easy to maintain, but when I slip it takes weeks for me to find that balance again. So if you'll have another person I'll try to check in daily and be support for you too
erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 08:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I just started back on Atkins yesterday, so I'd love to be part of the group too. It seemed really quiet over here last week, so I'm happy to find some new Atkins peeps!
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 06:32 PM   #6  
one day at a time

Hi Erin and Monte - WELCOME!!

Monte what's your story? I can not WAIT till I hit the 30's!! Being 10 pounds from the 1 hundred something seems like forever. My first real goal is to be able to shop for clothes. I'm in a TIGHT 24 right now. I have 22's and 20's waiting for me. Soooo....maybe I'll even wait until I can shop in the skinny side of the store. CAN YOU IMAGINE!!! NO flowered anything!!!
Old 06-27-2016, 06:47 PM   #7  

Well, lets see. I'm been on the site on and off for quite a while. I've always been heavier, but I really ballooned up in college. I started losing weight right after I graduated, and lost 65lbs in about 2 years. From 220 down to 155. Had a rather spectacularly awful family crisis and I stress ate my way all the way back up to 250 over the next few years (it was a long crisis). The aftermath left me with mild depression and anxiety that makes it much harder to lose weight this time around. I used Atkins to kick start my weight loss the last time (first 25lbs) but this time I'm going to try sticking to it full time.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:56 PM   #8  
one day at a time

Aww. That's sad. I'm sorry for whatever you went through. I had an ongoing personal crisis that hurt me to the core in my early 20's - I didn't have an eating or alcohol problem at the time, but I can totally understand just giving in.

So Hubster is gone until Wednesday. I got a cheeseburger from Wendy's and I got some more vodka. Yes, it's bad. On the one hand it literally hurts me to drink. On the other hand, he's only going to be gone for 2 more days. It's HARD to do this alone!

And my dd is giving me crap about not being a perfect mother when she was growing up. She's 23. Girls are too much work. So I'm imperfectly down 1 pound so far this week.

I hope you're having a better week.

Last edited by justfortoday; 06-27-2016 at 11:00 PM.
Old 06-28-2016, 10:36 AM   #9  

Down 1lb is great, perfect or no. During my previous weight loss I was very neurotic about the whole thing. Everything was excel'd to death. This time around the math doesn't seem to work the same, so I've got to be content with slower progress. Not sure why, maybe depression (though I'm off the meds now) or just my age (30). It has taken me a while but I've come to the conclusion that an ongoing weight loss, even if it is only 1/2lb per week, is better than this constant cycle of super intense focus and then sitting around on my butt for weeks.

Atkins is going well so far. I'm one of those oddities that doesn't mind eating the same food over and over, so I generally figure out a daily plan that works, and then stick to it for a week. So this week I've been eating pizza quiche for breakfast (this stuff is the absolute bomb, like pizza crack, and only 3nc per serving), then for lunch 6oz burger w/cheese and 1 can of green beans, and dinner a BMT salad (lettuce, spinach, onion, chives, cheese, salami, pepperoni, italian dressing). This puts me at 1595cals (I like to stick between 1500-1800) and 15nc (9 from veg). If I need a snack I have some cracked pepper turkey lunch meat with just 1nc per serving.

Sorry about your daughter. We can be asses. I'm still mad at my mom about something she did when I was 10 that if I told you, you'd laugh at me. It's a tough relationship to manage. Ours has pretty much developed into a big sister/little sister relationship, although unfortunately I'm the big sister. :S
Old 06-28-2016, 06:45 PM   #10  
one day at a time

Oh that's sad about your mom. I have no relationship with my mother. She refused to go to my wedding because she would have had to travel at an inconvenient time of the year. She wanted me to move it from December to Feb for her. I refused - and that's all she wrote. We never had a bond so it was no great loss. She talks crap about me to my girl and I say NOTHING in response, so guess who the kid believes? It'll work itself out when she has kids.

Where did you find the recipe for pizza quiche? I would love some legal crack!!

I've been a bad girl these past few days. But he comes home tomorrow, so I'll be on the diet for a very long time. I don't get veggies for 3 more weeks, so it gets a little boring, but it's doable. I tried to eat onion rings a few days ago and I couldn't do it. I had to throw them out and that's only after a week.

Have a great night!
Old 06-28-2016, 06:51 PM   #11  

Here is the recipe for the quiche.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=44087
Old 06-28-2016, 08:06 PM   #12  
one day at a time

Hi Lets! You're welcome to hang with us, but you're doing more of calorie counting thing. Last summer I lost 35 pounds in just over a month eating whole foods and counting calories. I'm doing low carb for my health. I don't really care about the white stuff anyway. I like whole grain bread, but that's a year or more down the road.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:07 PM   #13  
one day at a time

Thanks Monte!! I'm going to make this tomorrow!!
Old 06-29-2016, 07:57 AM   #14  
Ready for a win

S/C/G: 250/213.5/130

That recipe looks amazing and very versatile, I'm gonna give it a go.
erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 12:16 AM   #15  
one day at a time

Well...as of Saturday I'm UP 4 pounds. I was a bad girl. Hopefully, I'll be strong enough to get back on that wagon tomorrow. Uggh! Weakness sucks!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!!

mwah!
Justfor

Last edited by justfortoday; 07-05-2016 at 12:17 AM.