Old 11-27-2015, 03:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Goal is to reach 175

Default December Daily (as much as possible) Accountability

Hi,
I plan on saying accountable and list what I do and eat for the month December and last few days of November. I know the other goal thread (January 1st) is a weekly weigh in.
All are welcome to join.
11/27
CW - 247
Breakfast: omelet with 2 eggs, turkey, cheese, black coffee
Lunch: protein shake (3 carbs total)
Dinner: Turkey meat, salad (lettuce, bell peppers, radishes, chi seeds, oil/vinegar salt, pepper)
Exercise: Walk 3 miles
Other To Do: finish some papers for work, put the Christmas tree up, knitting for fun, spending time with loved ones, relaxing and finding things to be thankful for and to help me stay positive.
Rewards: besides a positive outlook, better health, a better self image……..shopping in my own closet for nice clothes I can't fit in, at the moment.

What are your plans for today?
What are your plans for the weekend?

Checking in again tomorrow.
Best of luck to us all!

Last edited by healthyin2015; 11-27-2015 at 05:50 PM.
healthyin2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 11:39 PM   #2  

11/28
CW: 245

My eating was on track today.
I had:
black coffee, a 3 egg omelet with sausage, bell peppers, mushrooms and cheese.
Radishes, red bell pepper, turkey meat
Cabbage (raw, chopped, with salt, pepper and olive oil), more turkey meat (leftover from Thanksgiving)
Cheese as snack
Went shopping and bought cucumbers, mushrooms, bell peppers, broccoli. Lots of protein in the house already!
I will prep my meals for the week tomorrow.

Today I walked and got my 10,000 feet completed.
Tree isn't up yet, papers for work aren't done either.There's tomorrow for all that.
Have a great day staying on track everybody!
Checking in again tomorrow!

Last edited by healthyin2015; 11-29-2015 at 02:33 PM.
Old 11-29-2015, 02:33 PM   #3  

11/29
CW: 242.9
Here is the plan for today!
Foods:
Coffee, 2 egg omelet with mushrooms cooked using oil.
Salad with turkey meat: lettuce, cucumbers, turkey, bell peppers, salt, pepper, oil, apple cider vinegar.
Sautéed veggies (in butter) and some sort of protein (not sure what: turkey gain, pork chop, etc)
Exercise:
Walk 3 miles
20 minutes with resistance bands or using Bowflex

Papers done for work tomorrow.
Tree goes up either today or next week. I prefer to put it up when I am not stressed over other stuff related to work.

Prepping meals:
I am making 5 days worth of food: boiled eggs, chopped veggies, lettuce, roasted chicken, sausage, etc.
I am going to prep 5 lunches and a few dinners.

Good luck everybody!
Checking back tomorrow!

Last edited by healthyin2015; 11-29-2015 at 02:34 PM.
Old 11-30-2015, 09:35 PM   #4  

11/30
Followed through with my eating and exercise yesterday!
Late for work so NWI this morning.
My eating today was on track again, THANK GOD!!!
I have no cravings at this point and am so grateful for that!
What did I eat today?
Black coffee, 2 boiled eggs, 2oz. liver
Turkey pepperoni and cheese
Cooked cabbage (with bacon and spices) and turkey meat.

What I need to do!
I need to increase my water intake. I am drinking about 55oz per day which is not enough.
Exercise for today: got my 10,000 steps at work.
Busy getting things done for work tonight…..no walking on the treadmill unless I finish what I need to do.
Have a good night everyone!
Checking in tomorrow!

Last edited by healthyin2015; 11-30-2015 at 09:35 PM.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:39 AM   #5  

12/1
Good morning!
SW: 247
CW: 241.7
Moving in the right direction!
Will be working late tonight so I am checking in this morning.
Happy to share that last night after finishing my extra work I got on the treadmill for 40 min, incline 8.

Foods for today
Coffee, 2 boiled eggs
Cheese, turkey, radishes
Sauteed mushrooms, turkey leg
Water - a gallon
Exercise: getting at least 10,000 steps in while at work.

Have a super day!
Old 12-01-2015, 11:01 PM   #6  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

I'm going to join you on here healthy cause my weight is gaining instead of losing and I have no idea why. I'm finding it hard t get in my fat intake especially because I live in China where its hard to find avocados and other foods we we would eat on Atkins in the USA. Anyways, here's my plan today.

B: 4 boiled eggs
L: 1 chicken breast, 1 zuchinni, 1/2 red onion, 2 tablespoons of mayo
D: 10 Chicken Wings, 1 tomato
Water- A gallon

I've been doing an extended atkins induction for a year now, except 4 months this summer when I was off plan due to electricity issues when living in Ghana and inability to cook or keep food refrigerated. I'm now two months into being on plan again 100% and in the past 5 days i'm showing a 6lb gain and don't know why.
shan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 12:51 AM   #7  

Dear shan84,
Thank you so much for joining in.
Wow, I think it is exciting that you get to travel and live abroad.
Regarding your Atkins journey: look how far you have come and how determined you are!
You are an inspiration to me. It has always been a struggle for me to stick with it and look at you: sticking with it for such a long time!

As for fat intake: would it be possible to find stuff like coconut oil, maybe cook things in butter. Do you live in a big city?
Do they have department stores and grocery stores with foreign (from US or Europe) items?

Hang in there and stick with it.

I came home late tonight and had big cravings for bad things (bread, cookies, etc). I made good choices, didn't touch anything bad but think I overate in terms of calorie intake. Instead of mushrooms and turkey leg I had a cucumber, turkey meat, cheese, liver and mushrooms.

I think I might weigh in every couple of days or even once a week to avoid the stress of brief ups and downs. I don't know……I am debating.
My OCD leads me to daily weigh ins but I think it would be better to weigh in less often while still being on plan and at or below 20 net carbs per day.
OK, enough rambling.
Good night and take care!
Checking in again tomorrow!

Last edited by healthyin2015; 12-02-2015 at 12:54 AM.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:07 AM   #8  
MeTime

Thanks for checking in.

I know I have come a long way and I know I stick to the plan 100% but I am just so frustrated. 6lbs in 5 days is a huge gain. I'm shell shocked. I'm trying to do as much research as I can because there has to be a reason or something I should be doing differently.

For fats, I get most of my fat intake from my mayo and from cooking in butter. I'm beginning to wonder if it's not enough.... Breakfast and lunch were as I posted above. Dinner is waiting at home ready to be cooked tonight. Hope the scale shows change tomorrow morning.
Old 12-02-2015, 04:18 PM   #9  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Hi ladies,

I hope you don't mind me chiming in here on the fat intake but I was having the same problem of gaining so I increased my fat intake to 55% carbs 15% and protein is 30% on my macros, I weigh everyday to keep myself liable.
For fat I use heavy whipping cream in my coffee morning which is 4.5 gms for 2 tbsp., and I drink only one cup in the am and then at night I drink a cup using sugar free vanilla creamer in the little tubs just one which is 1.5 gms, then my daily fat in foods I eat each day. If I don't have all my fat in then I eat a small plastic spoon of jif peanut butter alone! I also use virgin olive oil and butter to cook eggs and veggies in. It works for me, I've lost 37 lbs and 10 1/2 inches. I just turned 60 on 11/1/55

Hang in there this works. I normally net anywhere from 20-30 carbs a day

good luck to everyone.
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 10:13 PM   #10  
MeTime

Sherry- Thanks for your words on fat intake. I don't drink coffee at all so creamer and the likes are out for me. I will continue to cook everything in butter and olive oil.

So yesterday, I stuck to the menu of what I posted earlier in the day but after dinner I was shockingly hungry still so I boiled up some cauliflower, added some butter and salt and pepper and ate a cereal bowl of it. I think it put me a little over on my carbs but my breakdown for yesterday according to myfitnesspal was fat: 56%, protein: 37%, carbs: 7% and came in at 1395 calories (although i don't really pay attention to calories).

Anyways, I stepped on the scale this morning and I was down 5lbs! What the heck happened! I mean, I'm thrilled but will it stick and be legit. What was so different about yesterday? I mean I did up my water drastically but still....

Today's plan:
B: Woke up late so it becomes lunch
L: 6 strips of bacon, 3 fried eggs, 1 tomato
D: Garden salad, no dressing, 9 small chicken bites wrapped in bacon
Water: A gallon
Old 12-03-2015, 08:06 PM   #11  
MeTime

Stayed on track yesterday with everything I posted.

I didn't see movement on the scale this morning which I'm ok with because that means the huge 5lb loss the day before might be true.

Here's todays plan:
B: 4 boiled eggs
L: 4 oz salmon, 1/2 red onion, 1 tomato
D: Not planned yet.
Water: a gallon
Old 12-03-2015, 11:06 PM   #12  

Hi Shan84,
Good job!
Sherry, thank you for sharing your wisdom with us.
Was on track yesterday but today I had crackers and toast needed due to a terrible stomach bug and things/symptoms I am not sharing here…….
I don't feel guilty. Tomorrow is another day.
Have a good night!

Last edited by healthyin2015; 12-03-2015 at 11:06 PM.
Old 12-05-2015, 12:22 AM   #13  
MeTime

Hi all. Had another big drop yesterday. Another 2lbs. I'm calling this week a win so far. Last night I ended up cooking some baked chicken breast w/ butter, mayo, 2 slices of cheese, half an avocado, and some boiled cauliflower w/ butter, salt, and pepper. Also got all my water in yesterday.

Today's plan:
It's Saturday here in China so I slept late.

Brunch: Fried eggs, 1 tomato, 1/2 avocado
Dinner: 2 Baked chicken breasts in butter w/ mayo to dip it in, boiled cauliflower w/butter, salt, pepper, and 2 slices of cheese
Water: My gallon

Last edited by shan84; 12-05-2015 at 09:13 AM.
Old 12-05-2015, 11:32 PM   #14  
MeTime

Lost another 1.1 lbs overnight. Its a good boost to my confidence that I've seen weight loss this week finally. I hope I can continue the trend.

Today's plan: Slept in late again so no breakfast.
Brunch: 10 chicken wings cooked in butter, salt, and pepper, Cauliflower mash w/butter, salt, and pepper, 2 slices of cheese
Afternoon snack: 1 tomato
Dinner: 4 chicken legs cooked in butter, salt, and pepper, 1 zucchini, 5 baby mushrooms
Water: a gallon

Today's goal is to do some real exercise. Yesterday I did some stretching, sit ups, and leg exercises. Today I want to try some cardio.
Old 12-06-2015, 03:16 AM   #15  
MeTime

I did some cardio! And more stretching! So proud of myself. Have to start somewhere.....