Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 10:28 PM   #331  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Weigh in tomorrow, hoping for at least 1 lb loss, I'm debating on moving into phase 2 OWL, I'm 13 lbs from goal and I've been doing induction for 4 wks so maybe it's time to move on and see how it goes.

Today was good day:
Total: 1545 calories, 33 net carbs, 82 g fat, 110 g protein
6,597 steps

I'll post how my results go in the morning!
Old 05-02-2015, 04:52 PM   #332  
Sherry, Senior Member

Good news! Down 1 lb yahoo!!!

I think I'm going to move to phase 2 and see how this week goes!
Old 05-03-2015, 11:23 AM   #333  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Default 5/2/2015 Induction Day 12

I did not get to post this yesterday, I went to bed early tired. I spent a wonderful sunny day riding my motorcycle in a charity ride to supply service dogs for wounded veterans. About 300 bikers and we rode Florida's "Tail of the Gecko" 76 miles and 84 turns. The ride ended at the Floral City VFW for food, drinks and live music. I got a bottle of water and two hamburger pattys without the buns with a slice of tomato and chopped raw onion for lunch

TOTAL: 12g Carbs, 109g Fat, 134g Protein, 1,531 Calories

Breakfast
Peppers - Jalapeno, raw, 1 pepper
Generic - Egg - Fried - Extra Large, 3 Egg
Great Value - Cheese, Sharp Cheddar, Finely Shredded, 1/3 Cup
Butter - Unsalted, 1.5 tbsp(s)

Lunch
Onions - Raw, 0.25 cup, chopped
80/20 Ground Beef 1/4 Pound - Hamburger, 2 patty
Tomato - Slice - 1/4 Inch, 2 Slice

Dinner
Chicken Leg - Grilled Grilled With Skin, 4 leg

Snacks
Home Made - Extra Large Hard Boiled Egg, 1 egg
Radishes - Raw, 10 large (1" to 1-1/4" dia)
Herb-ox - Chicken Granulated Boullion, 2 t
Old 05-03-2015, 02:47 PM   #334  

I have decided to go to OWL and see how the week goes... I stayed on Induction for over two weeks, and lost very little, so will try the next step. When I came back to Atkins I had 20 pounds to lose that I gained on maintenance and know it will be slow..

Wishing everyone a great loss week.
Old 05-04-2015, 01:55 PM   #335  
Sherry, Senior Member

rpm3060: I too have decided to move to OWL, this will be my first week, I'm increasing my calories to 1500, net carbs 25. We will see how it goes.
I was on induction or 4 wks and lost 7 lbs. I only have 13 to go so I know it will slow down but that's okay.

Keep posting and let me know how you do moving to OWL.
Old 05-04-2015, 03:45 PM   #336  
event in 4 weeks!

S/C/G: 154/135

Height: 5'7"

Just joined today. Trying weight watchers which worked well in the past. Event to attend in 4 weeks, must stay motivated. Starting weight 154
Old 05-04-2015, 06:12 PM   #337  

Skelley..

This is my first day of OWL, carbs at 25 also.

I tried an Atkins Carmel Chocolate Nut Roll just for the heck of it.. It curbed my sweet craving as soon as I ate it.. Plus it was real good. I put the box in freezer, so it would be more difficult to have more than one, but one did the trick for sure
Old 05-04-2015, 09:55 PM   #338  

Default Induction Day 13

A good day today. I have been busy Grocery Shopping as I am cooking a BBQ Chicken dinner tomorrow for my Shriner's club. Serving Potato Salad and Coleslaw as sides. I will partake of the chicken but I will leave the sides alone. The advantage of being the cook is I know the ingredients of the chicken marinade. It is Atkins friendly.

TOTAL: 7g Carbs, 83g Fat, 105g Protein, 1,248 Calories

Breakfast
Generic - Egg - Fried - Extra Large, 2 Egg
Great Value - Cheese, Sharp Cheddar, Finely Shredded, 1/6 Cup
Swaggerty - Premium Sausage Patties, 2 patty (1.2 oz)
Sugardale - Corrected - Hickory Smoked Sliced Bacon, 2 slices
Coffee - - - Decaf, 8 oz

Lunch
Pork - Pork - Pork Chops, 4 oz cooked

Dinner
Squash Yellow - Squash Yellow Steamed, 1 cup
Chicken - Grilled Thighs With Skin, 4.4 oz.

Snacks
Herb-ox - Chicken Granulated Boullion, 2 tsp
Home Made - Extra Large Hard Boiled Egg, 1 egg
Old 05-04-2015, 11:20 PM   #339  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry H View Post
A good day today. I have been busy Grocery Shopping as I am cooking a BBQ Chicken dinner tomorrow for my Shriner's club. Serving Potato Salad and Coleslaw as sides. I will partake of the chicken but I will leave the sides alone. The advantage of being the cook is I know the ingredients of the chicken marinade. It is Atkins friendly.
Larry, I do a coleslaw dressing that is 4:1 mayo to white vinegar (s&p to taste). If you like it sweeter, you could use a bit of Stevia. It's Atkins friendly and oh, so yummy!
Old 05-05-2015, 11:04 AM   #340  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpm3060 View Post
Skelley..

This is my first day of OWL, carbs at 25 also.

I tried an Atkins Carmel Chocolate Nut Roll just for the heck of it.. It curbed my sweet craving as soon as I ate it.. Plus it was real good. I put the box in freezer, so it would be more difficult to have more than one, but one did the trick for sure

For my sweet chocolate craving I have the peanut cluster bars and the chocolate caramel square's yummy. Sunday was my first 25 nc and being on OWL, I'm loving it so far, just hope my scales do to this Saturday.
Old 05-06-2015, 06:02 PM   #341  

I am on Owl and enjoying it so far.. Carbs yesterday were 24. I get weighed in on Monday. I still have maintenance left on MRC and will get weighed in there till it runs out.. I need to be accountable for sure.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:53 PM   #342  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Hey guys! Looks like everyone is doing well. Been slammed at work, 3 events so getting home after 730 every night - will be happy to be on vacation next week at the beach!
I joined a weight mgmt center Monday because I want and need someone to weigh me each week and hold me accountable. My friends love this center and great results. They did a EKG, labs, weighed me and gave me a chart showing my fat ratio which is high. I told her I'm very buoyant and float very well in the river. Lol- sad but true!! So I'm keeping a journal and meeting w them next Monday for an eating plan. I told her I do better w low carbs, high protein for energy and she agreed that's the key to success.
I'm still doing Atkins but am chosing lower fat stuff (turkey bacon instead of real bacon) , smaller portions .... I'm not losing like I thought I would be.
Curious on what she'll recommend..
BTW - what is OWL?
Old 05-06-2015, 10:27 PM   #343  

Default Induction Day 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaloula View Post
Larry, I do a coleslaw dressing that is 4:1 mayo to white vinegar (s&p to taste). If you like it sweeter, you could use a bit of Stevia. It's Atkins friendly and oh, so yummy!
Michaloula Thanks I will definately try this.

I am doing great on induction so I decided to continue past the 14 day induction period. I did heavy yard work (tree limb pick up) and mowing for three hours today until it started raining.

My chicken BBQ yesterday went great. The chicken was cooked to perfection and I had so many compliments on the flavor thanks to my secret marinade recipe.

TOTAL: 13g Carbs, 89g Fat, 112g Protein, 1,378 Calories

Breakfast
Swaggerty - Premium Sausage Patties, 2 patty (1.2 oz)
Great Value - Cheese, Sharp Cheddar, Finely Shredded, 1/6 Cup
Generic - Egg - Fried - Extra Large, 3 Egg
Generic - Onion Yellow Sweet 1 Med Slice, 0.5 slice
Peppers - Jalapeno, raw, 1 pepper
Butter - Unsalted, 1 tbsp(s)

Lunch
Grilled Chuck Steak Boneless - Grilled Chuck Steak Boneless, 10 oz.
Generic - Fresh Steamed Zuccini, 1 cup sliced

Dinner
Generic - Egg - Fried - Extra Large, 2 Egg
Great Value - Smoked Ham Slices, 1 slices

Snacks
Herb-ox - Chicken Granulated Boullion, 2 tsp
Radishes - Raw, 10 large (1" to 1-1/4" dia)
Old 05-06-2015, 10:45 PM   #344  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Hey guys! Looks like everyone is doing well. Been slammed at work, 3 events so getting home after 730 every night - will be happy to be on vacation next week at the beach!
I joined a weight mgmt center Monday because I want and need someone to weigh me each week and hold me accountable. My friends love this center and great results. They did a EKG, labs, weighed me and gave me a chart showing my fat ratio which is high. I told her I'm very buoyant and float very well in the river. Lol- sad but true!! So I'm keeping a journal and meeting w them next Monday for an eating plan. I told her I do better w low carbs, high protein for energy and she agreed that's the key to success.
I'm still doing Atkins but am chosing lower fat stuff (turkey bacon instead of real bacon) , smaller portions .... I'm not losing like I thought I would be.
Curious on what she'll recommend..
BTW - what is OWL?
OWL is the Ongoing Weight Loss phase of Atkins...

That weight mgmt center sounds interesting... I know for me personally I do better when I feel like have to be accountable once a week or how ever often it is... I too decided that for me lower fat stuff made more sense, so that's what I'm doing and it's working for me... I hope you let us know how it goes...
Old 05-07-2015, 06:50 AM   #345  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSwitch View Post
OWL is the Ongoing Weight Loss phase of Atkins...

That weight mgmt center sounds interesting... I know for me personally I do better when I feel like have to be accountable once a week or how ever often it is... I too decided that for me lower fat stuff made more sense, so that's what I'm doing and it's working for me... I hope you let us know how it goes...
Tripswitch- I follow your posts (and others) and saw you were making lower fat choices and that's actually why I got the turkey bacon . And I actually found out that I wasn't comfortable eating high fat foods- they are not appetizing to me. Now dark chocolate anything is another story! Lol! The doc also gave me reading material that has a lot of info about fat and how it causes heart diseases and other health problems. Info about food pushers and people that try to sabotage dieting efforts, etc.. They also gave me their cell no. To call anytime I may have a ? Or food crisis. the cost includes B-12 injections. I'll keep you guys posted! Have a great week!
Closed Thread