Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 05:10 PM   #286  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry H View Post
Big Dog I use My Fitness Pal for tracking carbs.

I Set my goal for weight then I let the program set my plan automatically. That gave me an idea of daily calories. Then I set goals a second time manually. I left the calories at the level previously set by the program but I changed the carb, protein and fat percentages as follows:

5% carbs, 35% Protein and 60% Fat. This works really well for me. At this time I am not trying to track net carbs. I just track total carbs and try to keep them around 20 per day. Usually I find myself a little on the low side for carbs and have to force myself to bring them up to the Atkins suggested level for induction.

Before starting Akins I was a calorie counter I and used MFP for tracking. I have used it for many years and I feel very comfortable using it
I've used MFP then switched to ATKINS Carb Counter but it's very limited in its search and the counts are wrong on a lot of the foods . I'm switching back to MFP . So do you copy and paste from there to put on this forum?
Old 04-25-2015, 05:35 PM   #287  
Motivated Member

Way to go Skelley!! Woo hoo !

Went out to dinner - family in town and did great on the entree- Flounder and green beans. But had margaritas and they were not sugar free . I told the bartender I'll bring my sugar free margarita mix with me next time and she said she could keep it behind the bar w my name on it .
Went to the health food store and bought some almond flour, hazelnut flour and unsweetened coconut. Not sure what I can make with it all (haha - forgot I can't bake or cook!) but will look up recipes. I'm thinking fish can be "oven fried" w egg wash and almond flour.
Plz feel free to post recipes and I'll search and ck Pinterest
Old 04-25-2015, 05:41 PM   #288  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Ya'll, can you give me ideas of foods that are grab and eat that I can keep on hand? I have 3-4 bad days per week (fibromyalgia) and on those days it's all I can do to walk to the fridge, let alone try to *think* of something to fix and then fix it. That, more than anything else is threatening to derail me.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:47 PM   #289  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

big dog

When you complete a days food on MFP you get an option for "View Full Report (Printable)" I go there and highlight the report and copy it. Then I paste it into Excel and format the cells NO WORD WRAP and NO MERGING CELLS. Finally I highlight column A copy it and paste it on 3FC. Very easy once you get used to it.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:47 PM   #290  

Way to go Skelley..

I can't seem to get my calories up, but am eating all day, and losing. I will report my weight loss to eat.

Today my total calories are 572
Carbs. 18.7
Fat 21.80
Protein 50

I am going back to My fitness pal, as I am using Atkins, and it is very difficult to use vs. Fitness Pal..

Dee

Old 04-25-2015, 08:37 PM   #291  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Breakfast: mock danish
Lunch: cream of broccoli cheese soup
Snack: coleslaw and "cheez-its"
Dinner: Pork roast w/monterey jack cheese

calories: 1328
net carbs: 14
Old 04-26-2015, 06:18 AM   #292  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Good Morning All!

Had my first weigh-in with WW yesterday and I was down 3.4lbs for the week...

I've still been tracking with MFP as well, but between that and tracking the WW pts it's getting to be a bit much... AND I literally weigh and measure pretty much everything I eat and drink to be fairly exact... I just don't trust myself to "eyeball" my portions... that is one of the good things about WW's no matter what way of eating you're following like Atkins or whatever... It's all about portion control.

I really think some of the keys to my latest success of getting down from the 180's to the 160's these last couple of months has just been from finally stopping the late night eating and no more of "That was really good... I think I'll have "just a little more..." Now I decide what I'm going to eat, prepare it and weigh and measure my portions... Put it on a plate and that's it... no "seconds"

So far this seems to be working... Now I just have to figure out the whole "snacks" "desserts" and "treats" thing... Lol...

Last edited by TripSwitch; 04-26-2015 at 06:20 AM.
Old 04-26-2015, 06:57 AM   #293  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry H View Post
big dog

When you complete a days food on MFP you get an option for "View Full Report (Printable)" I go there and highlight the report and copy it. Then I paste it into Excel and format the cells NO WORD WRAP and NO MERGING CELLS. Finally I highlight column A copy it and paste it on 3FC. Very easy once you get used to it.
Thanks for the info . I use my iPad or iPhone to track but I'll see if I can do it from there
Old 04-26-2015, 09:15 AM   #294  

Default Day 5 Atkins induction

Had a pretty good day. Lunch was a little bit unusual. I was at a back yard cookout / potluck fund raiser for Shriners Hospitals. After looking everything over I had 3 hamburger pattys, No buns of course, no condiments other than a small amount of raw onion. For beverages at this event I drank two bottles of water.

TOTAL: 7g Carbs, 137g Fat, 122g Protein, 1,790 Calories

Breakfast
Swaggerty - Premium Sausage Patties, 4 patty (1.2 oz)
Great Value - Cheese, Sharp Cheddar, Finely Shredded, 1/3 Cup
Generic - Egg - Fried - Extra Large, 3 Egg
Peppers - Jalapeno, raw, 1 pepper
Generic - Red Bell Peppers - Cooked, 0.25 Cup

Lunch
Homemade - Grilled Hamburger Patty No Bun, 3 patty
Generic - Onion - Raw 2oz

Dinner
Coburn Farms - Mild Cheddar Cheese, 2 oz

Snacks
Kurtz - Kosher Dill Spears, 6 oz
Old 04-26-2015, 10:49 AM   #295  

Trip Switch...
Congrats on your weight loss..

On induction, this week I lost 1 pound. I had a slip up and it would have been more, so this week I will have to not slip up. I forgot it and went on, but sure is not worth it..

Larry if you omitted the buns and had water vs. all the other beverages available at cook out, you did well indeed.

Last edited by rpm3060; 04-26-2015 at 10:54 AM.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:22 PM   #296  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Had a great day did 10,116 steps and lots of gardening
1,283 calories
36 net carbs
Burned 630 calories doing yard work

Had a great weekend over all
Old 04-26-2015, 09:49 PM   #297  
Motivated Member

Family still in town- eating out a lot and managed to only gain 2 lbs- probably water weight but am ready to get back fully on plan tomorrow. I kept giving away the carbs on my plate to family members and the dogs. Lol!
Last night's dinner was rib eye with broccoli and potatoes- slid the potatoes on my DH's plate . On the boat today had a subway greek steak sub - threw the bread to the fish!
Chugging water now! Good news is I got into my board shorts today and could actually breathe. Can't wait till everything fits!
Old 04-26-2015, 10:38 PM   #298  

Default Induction Day 5

Had a good day today although it rained and was hot and humid.

TOTAL: 14g Carbs, 102g Fats, 117g Protein, 1,480 calories

Breakfast
Peppers - Jalapeno, raw, 1 pepper
Generic - Egg - Fried - Extra Large, 3 Egg
Great Value - Cheese, Sharp Cheddar, Finely Shredded, 1/3 Cup
Butter - Unsalted, 2 tbsp(s)

Lunch
Protein (Generic) - Chuck Roast - Boneless, 6 oz
Vegetable - Squash, Yellow Summer, 1 cup (57g)
Butter - Unsalted, 1 tsp(s)

Dinner
Schooner - Swai Fillets (Fish) Baked, 9 oz
Winn-Dixie - Naturally Aged Medium Cheddar Cheese, 2 oz.

Snacks
Radishes - Raw, 10 large (1" to 1-1/4" dia)
Herb-ox - Chicken Granulated Boullion, 4 tsp
Old 04-27-2015, 05:35 PM   #299  

It is so nice to see all these people posting.. Gives one confidence.

I will do one more week of induction due to going off one day.
Old 04-27-2015, 09:46 PM   #300  
Motivated Member

B. 2 boiled eggs
3 slices bacon

S. Syntrax double stuffed cookie protein shake. 0 carbs
.5 cup strawberries. 5.5 carbs. Yikes!

L. Caesar salad w no croutons and grilled chicken w creole seasoning

S. Atkins choc covered almonds. 1.5 carbs (Pre packaged 1 oz). These are heaven ��

D. Caesar salad w 2 croutons and 3 oz burger- no bun, steamed broccoli w real butter
1 serving pork skins (spicy). 0 carbs! On the bag. Atkins carb tracker counts as one carb.

I went back to the Atkins carb counter to make sure I was entering net carbs correctly. (App on iPhone and iPad)
Downloaded Atkins coupon and got buy one- get one free
Hopefully I'll see a loss this Friday. Lots of beach time and boating planned and I don't want to have to hide in the water. Lol

17.5 carbs. 1459 calories

Last edited by bigdog; 04-27-2015 at 09:47 PM.
Closed Thread