Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 09:31 AM   #76  
carvinmom

S/C/G: 359/254/150

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvinmom View Post
Hi,
it's been some time since I've been here. I'm struggling with my weight and said I'd never gain it back. I'm a little rusty on reply, quote, etc. so hope I'm posting this right . I've been debating on where to start and I ended up here, must be an omen@@@ .. I started my food program today and hope to join the rest of you.. Breakfast. Bacon and eggs with coffee and.cream.for lunch I had
Protein drink, and for supper I had veggie chow mien with Asian salad.. Trying to get more greens in.. Had some pistachios for evening snack...
So good luck to us all in our journey of making the right choices....May I offer my support to everyone... One day at a time!!!
just to let you know im back for another stay. I had to leave for awhile... my daughter whom ive been caregiving died last month, she was only 32. I mention her cause she died of complications of morbid obesity. she struggled her whole life and died at 528 pounds. what a very sad life of just trying diet after died and gaining it back til she had enough .. her heart gave out from sickness and sadness..
So im back again and im on atkins and trying to follow plan.
protein drink, bacon andegg breakfast with coffee and cream..... mixed salad for lunch with walden farms . supper was a beefroast with carrots/onions.late snack of protein pudding.
going to physical therapy for new knees exercise on bike and shuttle
thank you for letting me be here for another round.....
Old 03-11-2015, 01:54 PM   #77  

Height: 5'7.5"

Default Your loss of a loved one.

Quote:
just to let you know im back for another stay. I had to leave for awhile... my daughter whom ive been caregiving died last month, she was only 32. I mention her cause she died of complications of morbid obesity. she struggled her whole life and died at 528 pounds. what a very sad life of just trying diet after died and gaining it back til she had enough .. her heart gave out from sickness and sadness..
So im back again and im on atkins and trying to follow plan.
protein drink, bacon andegg breakfast with coffee and cream..... mixed salad for lunch with walden farms . supper was a beefroast with carrots/onions.late snack of protein pudding.
going to physical therapy for new knees exercise on bike and shuttle
thank you for letting me be here for another round.....
Hi carvinmom…no words can express,but I'll say them anyway, so very sorry. I hope that when you think of her it will make you stronger,and healthier.
Regards, choices...
Old 03-20-2015, 02:44 PM   #78  
carvinmom

S/C/G: 359/254/150

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by choices View Post
Hi carvinmom…no words can express,but I'll say them anyway, so very sorry. I hope that when you think of her it will make you stronger,and healthier.
Regards, choices...
thank you for your kind words expressed over loss of my daughter. its a sad and difficult time when you lose a child. yet shes in a happy and pain free place now. this encourages me to get back on a plan of atkins and walking. Its a beautiful day out and cant pass the walking weather up. never know when it might snow again. Good luck to all for a healthy and active spring.... bless you
Old 03-20-2015, 08:19 PM   #79  

Quote:
thank you for your kind words expressed over loss of my daughter. its a sad and difficult time when you lose a child. yet shes in a happy and pain free place now. this encourages me to get back on a plan of atkins and walking. Its a beautiful day out and cant pass the walking weather up. never know when it might snow again. Good luck to all for a healthy and active spring.... bless you
Good to hear from you carvinmon. May I mention that you are now struggling with THE MOST painful of all. Give yourself some credit for just surviving. If I might add..In my experience that kind of pain leads me to 'feel good foods'..I don't know if you are like that,but if you are then I ask you to don't beat yourself up, and at some time when you are strong enough..tell yourself that you deserve to be healthier..you have suffered,greatly..and now pls. consider taking the best possible care of yourself as you can. I do know friend..I've been there. We must do what we preach to those we love.."take care of yourself".
take care,...
Old 03-29-2015, 04:42 PM   #80  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Sorry to hear of the tragic news in Carvinmom's family. Her light is still with you...may you derive strength from it.

I hesitate to join in at such a sad time, but I am desperate to lose weight and get my health back. I have tried Atkins before--several times--but could never stick with it very long. Too much protein for me. I don't eat processed foods and gave up the white carbs long ago, so I've come around to giving this another go.

Tomorrow will be Day 1 of induction for me. (Today doesn't count because I had cereal for breakfast.) Help with food ideas would be appreciated--I quickly grew tired of the Atkins food in the past.....can't stand bacon....

I'll also have to give up coffee (makes the Atkins headache worse), so I'm in for a rough ride next week!

Old 03-29-2015, 06:56 PM   #81  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMyFeet View Post
Sorry to hear of the tragic news in Carvinmom's family. Her light is still with you...may you derive strength from it.

I hesitate to join in at such a sad time, but I am desperate to lose weight and get my health back. I have tried Atkins before--several times--but could never stick with it very long. Too much protein for me. I don't eat processed foods and gave up the white carbs long ago, so I've come around to giving this another go.

Tomorrow will be Day 1 of induction for me. (Today doesn't count because I had cereal for breakfast.) Help with food ideas would be appreciated--I quickly grew tired of the Atkins food in the past.....can't stand bacon....

I'll also have to give up coffee (makes the Atkins headache worse), so I'm in for a rough ride next week!

Hi SeeMyFeet,

You mentioned too much protein & having to give up coffee Have you read Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution 2002? A lot of people have a lot of misconceptions where Atkins is concerned. Atkins is a moderate protein, high fat plan. I know a lot of people think of it as the all you can eat bacon, butter & red meat diet but, it isn't.

You may be very interested in checking out Linda's Low Carb Recipes. Those marked with an * are Induction friendly.
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html

Unless you drink excessive amounts of coffee and the caffeine makes your blood sugar spike (which can cause cravings), you don't have to give up coffee.

You CAN do this!!

All the best to you!

Old 03-29-2015, 07:03 PM   #82  

Smile jersey girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGyrl View Post
Hi SeeMyFeet,

You mentioned too much protein & having to give up coffee Have you read Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution 2002? A lot of people have a lot of misconceptions where Atkins is concerned. Atkins is a moderate protein, high fat plan. I know a lot of people think of it as the all you can eat bacon, butter & red meat diet but, it isn't.

You may be very interested in checking out Linda's Low Carb Recipes. Those marked with an * are Induction friendly.
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html

Unless you drink excessive amounts of coffee and the caffeine makes your blood sugar spike (which can cause cravings), you don't have to give up coffee.

You CAN do this!!

All the best to you!

I agree w/you jersey girl..regarding the low carb kind Atkins..I'd like to ask you to read the post I wrote today under carb counters,and those with medical difficulties,and give me your opinion…and thanks you a lot. choices
Old 03-30-2015, 07:08 AM   #83  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by choices View Post
I agree w/you jersey girl..regarding the low carb kind Atkins..I'd like to ask you to read the post I wrote today under carb counters,and those with medical difficulties,and give me your opinion…and thanks you a lot. choices
Hi Choices,

I have searched for your post under "Carb Counters" but, have been unable to locate it. Would you be so kind as to send me a link?
Old 03-30-2015, 12:37 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 154/145/130

Height: 5'-6" roughly

Carvinmom - I'm so sorry for your deep loss - words can't express....so sorry.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:43 PM   #85  

Hey folks - I'd like to join this thread. I need some LC friends and some daily support. Perhaps I'll post menus. My weight fluctuates so much that I've stopped changing my "C" current weight. It's in that ballpark though. I need to check in at night rather than the mornings so that is my first goal and also to record everything at the end of the day.

SeeMyFeet - I'm starting today too!
Old 03-30-2015, 12:52 PM   #86  

Default JerseyGyrl-Kim...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGyrl View Post
Hi Choices,

I have searched for your post under "Carb Counters" but, have been unable to locate it. Would you be so kind as to send me a link?
So sorry I don't know how to make a link to my post to you.
I am at Diabetes,Pre-diabetes section…all about my zero weight loss downer.
Thanks for responding..choices~
Old 03-30-2015, 01:01 PM   #87  

I believe this is the link to Choices' post:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diab...t-march-9.html

The post is on the last page. Then again, maybe it's not the post you're referring to.

I have thyroid issues as well Choices. I have lost some weight but need to lose more and find a new, lower set-point.

Last edited by Crimzon; 03-30-2015 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Addition.
Old 03-30-2015, 03:27 PM   #88  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone... I hope you don't mind me jumping in here, but I started Atkin's '72 two weeks ago and so far I'm down about 12lbs! The first week I stuck to level one with only 1 cup of salad greens with each lunch and dinner, no more than the 4 tsp's of heavy cream a day, and I kept the the cheese intake to about 2 to 3oz of the allowed 4oz a day... I didn't use any artificial sweetners or any sweetners for that matter and that's what I plan to continue doing for now, anyway at least... I weighed and measured everything I ate and tracked with MFP which works for me...

I was in ketosis by late into the second day (I'm using ketostix) and when the "keto flu" came on I starting having a couple of cups of chicken broth a day and I decided to take 2 multivitamins a day instead of one which seemed to help...

I wasn't very adventurous with my menu so a typical day looked this...

Breakfast- Coffee with 1 tsp cream
2 scrambled eggs made with 1 tsp cream and cooked in 1tsp butter
4oz smoked salmon
Lunch - 8oz of homemade chicken salad or tunafish salad made with 2tbsp of
mayo and 1 cup of salad greens with 2 tbsp of blue cheese or creamy
Ceasar dressing
Dinner - 8oz of chicken or fish (although I did have corned beef on St.Patricks
day!) and same amount of salad as lunch...
Snack - 2oz of cheese

I also had 2 additional cups of coffee throughout the day... both with 1tsp of cream each... Keeping my daily total to 4tsp's of HWC for the day per the rules of Atkins '72... And all of that was good for over an 8lb loss that first week! Actually, once I was in ketosis I really wasn't all that hungry and actually had to force myself to eat... And when I felt crappy, like I said I had some chicken broth and thankfully was able to take it easy and it passed...

The second week I moved to level two by adding either some cottage cheese, ricotta, or macadamia nuts each day for the additional 5g of carbs that you're allowed... and since I was able to do that and stay in ketosis and lose weight, I'm quite happy... And this week I'm adding back another 5g of carbs with cooked veggies, so some broccoli with butter sounds good and I bought some fresh asparagus which I love... Now I just have to get motivated to make some hollandaise sauce for them which I love even more! I just love this way of eating!
Old 03-30-2015, 04:39 PM   #89  

Hi TripSwitch - that is great progress. I just jumped in here recently as well. I hope you keep checking back so we can all encourage each other. I'm doing the DANDR version.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:38 PM   #90  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimzon View Post
Hi TripSwitch - that is great progress. I just jumped in here recently as well. I hope you keep checking back so we can all encourage each other. I'm doing the DANDR version.
Thanks! I'm actually re-reading DANDR as well... I think it will be helpful to me for maintaining... It looks like you are very close to goal, Congrats!

I was doing low fat/ high carb and even though I was doing very well and losing pretty consistently... I just knew it was something that I wasn't going to stick with... I'd much rather eat low carb with a moderate amount of protein, and plenty of good fat! I just find it so much more satisfying...Not to mention delicious!
Closed Thread