Old 07-15-2014, 02:11 PM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default Started Induction yesterday - anyone want to join me in logging food?

Hey all,
I've done Atkins a couple of times in my life as well as South Beach. Recently I gained a bunch of weight pretty fast and it all went to my stomach, bad news. I decided to go back on Atkins because I find it easy to stick to and I'm psyched that you can have so many veggies now. Anyone want to join me in (a little less than) 2 weeks of Induction food logging? Here goes mine today:

B: grilled chicken w/1 slice munster cheese and 2 tbsp. green salsa (NC: 3)
S: cheese stick and cucumber slices (NC: 3)
S: some cheese, mushrooms and sausage off the top of my son's pizza slice (NC: .5)
L: roast turkey, 1 slice ham, 1/2 small avocado, 2 leaves red leaf lettuce, wedge of iceburg lettuce. Marie's blue cheese with bacon bits dressing. (NC: est. at 4)
D: 2 egg omlette with sauteed mushrooms and sour cream; 1 cup broccoli sauteed with butter and garlic. (NC est. at 5)

Join me! I love seeing other's menus.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:11 PM   #2  
jessie

S/C/G: 274.6 / see ticker / 190

Height: 5'7"

Well hello, why not besides it might do me good to see what all I eat in print ill start today.... all my carb counts are based off of the Atkins app.

B: scrambled eggs with hamburger, mint tea with one splenda, heavy cream and a tablespoon of coconut oil (nc: 5.7)

L: grilled pork riblets, 1/2 cup cucumber slices, 1/2 avocado, 1 0z sliced jalepenos (nc:3.4)

D: Eggplant pizza made with, eggplant rounds X3, homemade pesto, mushrooms, tomatoes, ground beef and cheese (nc:7.2)

for a total of 16.9 net carbs
jessiegreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:41 PM   #3  
jessie

Day two:

B: 2 eggs with 2 oz hamburger, 1/2 baby portabella mushroom, 1/4 raw tomatoe cooked in tablespoon of fresh pesto and a coffee with one pkg splenda and splash heavy cream with 2 tbsp coconut oil (nc: 5.2)

L: three pulled pork, cheese and baby spinach muffin snacks, 1 cup salad with vinegar and olive oil and handfull pork rib ends. (Bones with a bite or two of meat left that are cut from the meat of a rib yyuumm) (nc: 4)

D: 1 cup broccolli in tons of amish butter and grilled chicken heated in butter and tablespoon fresh pesto (nc: 6.1)

Snack twice today was 3 teaspoons of sweet mix which is: whipped heavy cream, whipped cream cheese, splenda and vanilla.... OMG (n/c: 4)

Daily total net carbs = 19.3
Old 07-16-2014, 08:37 PM   #4  
Ventura County, CA

S/C/G: 196.4/190.0/165

I'm not doing induction right now, but good luck to you. I hear ya on it all going to your belly. That has been my biggest motivation is to get my belly back down to normal. It is so hard to find pants that fit when your belly measures the same as your hips!!

I look forward to seeing how much you come down in lbs!

Jessie - I have not made that "sweet mix" you posted. Where did you find the recipe? How many net carbs? I bought some heavy cream this week to use for various things. Just have not found a good use yet.

Also, are either of you on facebook? There is a really GREAT fb page called low carbing among friends that posts recipes daily. Some look amazing! Some look too complicated for me. Not that I couldn't do it, but if there are a boat-load of ingredients, I will most likely take a pass on it.
pamhoff805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:26 PM   #5  
jessie

i just made it up and the easiest way to get net carbs is measure how much of each ingreadiant you use and then devide it by your number of servings... i way over guestamate there is no way 3 tablespoons is 3 carbs because whipping it adds volume so i end up over guessing my carbs keeps me on the safe side