I succeeded!!! Dinner out!

• Went out to eat for the first time since starting induction 7 days ago. I actually ate salmon, side salad and broccoli and it felt like a award winning dinner. Been feeling better. Was down 2.5 lbs in this week but gained 2 this morning, not sure why , hoping just a womanly wster gain? but I will push on!
    I worry I am eatting too much protien and fat. Any way to judge how much I should be estting? When i crave sweets I have a bowl of heavy whipping cream whipped in the fridge I get a few spoonfuls of. Is that ok? Takes the cravings a way. Thank you so much.
  • Quote: Went out to eat for the first time since starting induction 7 days ago. I actually ate salmon, side salad and broccoli and it felt like a award winning dinner. Been feeling better. Was down 2.5 lbs in this week but gained 2 this morning, not sure why , hoping just a womanly wster gain? but I will push on!
    I worry I am eatting too much protien and fat. Any way to judge how much I should be estting? When i crave sweets I have a bowl of heavy whipping cream whipped in the fridge I get a few spoonfuls of. Is that ok? Takes the cravings a way. Thank you so much.
    On Atkins Induction, a "normal" amount of food is 20 net carbs, about 18 ozs. protein or 150 grams and 100 grams fat.
    Be mindful there is a limit of heavy whipping cream during Induction.
  • Didnt know that. Havent bought the book. Looking for a cheap one. Fund issues. Ty very much. Ill cut back
  • Any apps that can keep track of all this? Mine only keeps track of carbs.
  • Quote: Didnt know that. Havent bought the book. Looking for a cheap one. Fund issues. Ty very much. Ill cut back
    Check Ebay & Amazon. They usually have used copies cheap.
  • apps
    there is a atkins app that I am using now, it tracks everything and even lets you know how you are fitting in the % using a pie chart, it took me a couple of days to get the hang of it but now I'm super happy I did. Good luck !!!
  • You can usually check out the book from your library as well.

I also use the Atkins Carb Tracker - I really like it b/c it does break down the fat/protient/carb % and I try to keep my fat between 50-60% and if I do so I usually notice pretty good and steady weight loss -- for my husband it doesn't seem to matter as long as his carbs are on track he looses lol
  • One week. Had loss now nothing. Stalled two pounds above. I love this way of eatting, i just cant figure it out after reading some of the book. Maybe Im not meant to do it. I have tried so hard. Sick of butter , eggs, and cheese. Gagging on it too. I want this so bad. Need a weight liss to cheer me up. Nothing since day 3. Oh what to do.