Old 05-09-2014, 02:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 353/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Default Pickle Relish on Induction??

Can pickle relish be used on induction??

If so do I need to buy no sugar added relish?

I'm finding mixed answers online so was hoping someone may now for sure.
Ali06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 03:07 PM   #2  
Enjoying the journey

S/C/G: 225/192/170

Height: 5-5.5

In my book...sour pickles allowed...sweet pickles aren't.....could you make your own sour pickle relish? I don't eat relish so I can't tell you from personal experience. Ps. I do eat ketchup...it's just one of those things I need to account for when I plan what I am eating!!
Lulu NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 04:27 PM   #3  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Mt. Olive makes sugar-free sweet pickle relish. Its sweetened with Splenda, 1 carb per Tablespoon. They make Splenda sweetened bread & butter pickles as well.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:53 AM   #4  

Thanks ladies!!!

I did find the SF bread and butter --- the store I was at didn't have the mt olive relish but my FIL said he found it at another. So I'll try that later.

I used 1/2 a SF sweet pickle sweetened with Splenda for my deviled eggs --- not quite as good as what relish would be I don't think but I'll look for that for next time.

I don't need much but deviled eggs just ain't deviled eggs wtihout the sweet relish lol Ended up with the pickles at 1 carb for 20 half deviled eggs --- for all of them.

And FYI on that ketchup, I love putting ketchup on my eggs, used that and it's still pretty good

I've been using salsa a LOT -- and I'm noticing my weight loss has slowed so I'm cutting it all together the next few days and see if that improves.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:43 PM   #5  

lol easily - i like your thinking - anything good just gets better with bacon haha!

Mine are just basic but everywhere I take em people literally fight over them! HA! I use mayo, a splash of mustard, salt and just a bit of sweet pickle relish. I used to add a little sugar to the mix to but just dropped that all together in my low carb verision - I know I could add splenda or something but not really needed and then top with paprika.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 235 / 189 / 165

You know, if you're talking about 1 tablespoon of relish for a whole recipe of deviled eggs that you will eat over several meals I'm a rebel in that I'd say to just use your regular relish until it runs out, then sure, replace with a lower carb version.

Despite the fact that I've been doing insanely restrictive elimination diets for 2 1/2 months I'm actually quite pragmatic and I am not a rigid follower of small details for the most part - I think things like a tablespoon of relish for a whole recipe is the kind of thing that could be used for fine-tuning down the road, when you've dropped a bunch of weigh and are frustrated that the scale is moving slowly, but seriously if "your" recipe of deviled eggs is one of the things that will get you through those very tough first weeks, then I say go for it...

Now, I'm not saying to play loose with the rules on every item, but please don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good!
sarahinparis is offline   Reply With Quote