3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   Atkins Flu (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/295367-atkins-flu.html)

Ali06 04-30-2014 10:54 AM

Atkins Flu

I've heard a lot about this, never put much thought into it. Did Atkins before with no issues what so ever.

This time around - wow yesterday I was like this: :carrot: today: :dizzy::yawn::blah:

Headache, dizzy, and literally falling asleep at my computer!

But yesterday, I only had 15.6 carbs and 944 calories. Not good I know. Plus I was reading online about the salt and trying to drink chicken broth. So to get me out of the funk I ate some deli ham and 1 oz cheddar cheese and drank a cup of broth.

I'm feeling a lot better, still massive headache and a bit dizzy, but don't feel so tired.

Going forward I will not, let my carbs go that low again - I did the same thing on Sunday, ended up out and bout when I had planned to be - stopped at Bojangles and got some Buffalo Bites - non breaded chicken in a spicy sauce, 4 carbs. And had 14.9 carbs and 1009 calories.

I had not planned either of these days to be that low on carbs, but work and other commitments pulled me away and didn't get to grab something like I had planned.

So lesson learned for me, I need to prep snacks and things to eat a lot more so it's there at a moments notice. I did cut up a ton of broccoli last night so I can have as a quick snack today.

JerseyGyrl 04-30-2014 11:10 AM

:welcome2:
Headache, dizziness, extreme fatigue....definitely sounds like Atkins flu. The chicken broth & getting more carbs for the day will greatly help:)

Getting the majority of your carbs from veggies & salads on the acceptable foods list is important. 12-15 of your carbs for the day should be coming from those sources.

Planning your meals & snacks is critical for keeping yourself on plan. As the saying goes, "failing to plan is planning to fail".

You CAN do this!

All the best to you!!:)

Ali06 04-30-2014 07:21 PM

Thanks Jersey!!

And yes, definitley know i need to get those carbs from veggies! Today has been much better - the cheese and ham was the only thing I could get my hands on before a meeting.

The broth really did help me feel human again this morning, and some motrin for the headache - ate much better today.

Today: 20.6 total carbs with 15.3 from veggies :jig:

And I'm not quite on the energy high I was yesterday, but definitley feeling much better.

It's crunch week at work, so once I get through tomorrow I'll have more time and can really prep like I should.

This was probably not the best week to start Atkins, but I always find an excuse not to start so I decided regardless I was starting lol

sarahinparis 05-01-2014 05:44 AM

I think extra salt is really helpful on low carb, in particular in the early days (but even later on, I'm now almost 8 months in and sometimes if I'm feeling blah that's what I do).