Help ASAP! Stomach issues!

• I've read about the "carb flu"....but has anyone ever experienced "pains" in their stomach? The last few days I've felt "off". This morning it was worse. Felt like hunger pains, so got up and drank an atkins shake (because it was 4:30am) and tried to go back to sleep (no success). Anyway, it's more uncomfortable than hurtful. I've tried making sure I've eaten something OP every few hours and didn't stuff myself. So not sure what's going on. Any suggestions/info would be appreciated!!!
  • You may want to check with the doctor. It could be gall stones.
  • BrendaM... I also think that if you are having dull pains consistantly.. you should go see a doctor. What you have does not sound like Carb Flu... and dieting and changing your foods eating does (from my experience and seeing others) cause gall stones... Please take care of yourself!
  • I'm thinking I'm FOS.....so anyone have suggestions on that? I've been drinking more water. I even took miralax. Drank a cup of coffee this morning and a mt dew this afternoon (usually both have a laxative affect on me)....no help.
  • Gosh I have no answer for that as different things affect different people. I take a couple of fiber tablets and drink extra tea and that helps me go.. But I go every third day now.... Be safe and careful and I hope you figure out what is causing this.
  • Are you drinking enough water? Measure your water intake. Should be two litres of non-dehydrating liquids.

Its probably either dehydration of constipation. I had constipation not so long ago and i had stomach pains that came on oddly and stuck around for quite a while. But as i'm on a normal diet, the situation rectified itself.

But seeing your doctor is the best idea.
  • Quote: I'm thinking I'm FOS.....so anyone have suggestions on that? I've been drinking more water. I even took miralax. Drank a cup of coffee this morning and a mt dew this afternoon (usually both have a laxative affect on me)....no help.
    Sorry to hear you are experiencing constipation issues

Be sure you are drinking plenty of water. Also be sure you are eating plenty of veggies & salad. If you are doing Atkins Induction, 12-15 of your 20 carbs for the day should be coming from veggies & salads on the acceptable foods list. Very important.

Dr. Atkins recommended psyllium husk for constipation. You may want to try that. Its natural, no chemicals and much less harsh & nasty than miralax There is also an over the counter tea called Smooth Move that should help with this issue. You can probably find it at CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid etc.

Hope you feel better soon!!
  • Good news! No longer FOS. Plus, went to the doctor. He figured the flu, but whatever it was, I'm ok now. Sad thing is, the 5 pounds I lost came back of course. So back to basics