Old 02-18-2014, 11:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 130/125/115

Default Help! Fantasizing about food!

I started Atkins last week and I've lost weight according to the scale. Personally, I don't feel much different. Up until yesterday I wasn't having any major cravings. Today it just hit me. I don't think I've ever spent this much time fantasizing about food/dessert: panna cotta, pudding, regular coffee creamer to go with my coffee, and especially bubble tea . Today I think I spent a good 20 minutes googling dessert images. And of course, my brother brings home my favorite bubble tea. I stared at that for another 20 minutes, debating if I should drink it or not. I've also ate a lot more than I normally do. To take my mind off of it, I ate a lot more today than any other day. I think I ate about 25 carbs today

This feels like mental torture. How do you guys deal with it???
goldngrl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 251/251/185

Height: 5'6

Well, I'm not one of the experts, but for "flavored" coffee creamer I use the Atkins Vanilla and Chocalate shakes (probably 1 tbs. of each) and I use the Torani SF chocalate syrup. Tastes good to me! I don't use the shakes other than as creamer and I only drink 1-2 cups of coffee a day.
If you are dying for deserts then google carb free deserts or look in the Atkins recipes. There are deserts you can make that will satisfy those cravings. I also use the atkins bars/ treats when I need a chocolate fix. I look for the ones that have fewer sugar alcohols and try to only eat 1/2 if it is one with more.
Try drinking water when your having a craving...sometimes thats really what your body wants.
I noticed you don't have much to lose so moving into phase 2 after your two week induction might be an option for you.
Hope some of this helps.
newme12 is offline   Reply With Quote