The Hunt for a Healthy Easter - weight loss challenge

You're on Page 4 of 16
Go to
  • Hope you don't mind if I join late! I think if I publicly post my goal, I will be more likely to stay on track! My current weight is 176. My goal weight for this challenge will be 165. I am just starting Atkins so hopefully I will succeed in my first goal!
  • Wannaskipandplayandlaugh- thanks.. I am trying.. I am trying.. just exhausted a bit mentally. But im pushing on.. thank you..

LULU-- I am trying to soak up everything I was told. I know it could of been worse.. but trying to get my body to lose weight. and to PT and work..
    I will do it somehow.

TopazSpirit! Welcome glad your here with us.. The more support the better!
    Welcome!

Have a good day girls.. hoping to get in couple miles today!
  • SW 235 2/14
    2/15 233.8 (-1.2 ) and drank my water!.
    2/16 233.2 (-1.8 total) and drank 1/2 of my water boooo
    2/17 233.0 (-2.0 total) and drank my water!
    2/18 234.6 (-0.4 total) and drank my water... sigh
    2/19 234.2 (-0.8 total) and drank 1/2 of my water Boo
    2/26 236.2 (+1.2 total) not counting the water right at this moment

GW 221

and will drink 36 oz of plain water a day!
  • Topaz, welcome!

My work went totally haywire last week. Not my doing but I'm caught in a sea of drama. I wanted t o eat off plan but honestly, this challenge, and friends who listened to me cry for a few days, is what kept me on track. Accountability to others means a lot to me, more than to myself which is strange but true.

I'm holding at 149 though I did blip up to 150.2 for two days. My carbs have been at 25 veggies net, calories low, exercise daily. Now to break this new setpoint.

I'm sorry for the pain some of you are experiencing and say bravo for your willingness to not drown in it. You give me courage. Thank you.

Sue, wonderful to see you back.

My low carb food is packed. Walking to work, will be raining coming home but that's ok. 11-12 Pilates reformer class this morning.

I have much to be grateful for! Have a good days Easter buddies.
  • Thank you for the welcomes! I will try to keep posting to keep myself motivated.
    2/25 SW- 176
    2/26 - 174.4

I am doing Focus T25 and drinking plenty of water. Hoping for good results!
  • Ames - you have my support!!

Welcome Topaz!!

Sue - thought of you yesterday morning as I saw the Big Dipper when is was getting out of bed!! Always think of you and the stars!!

Calee - Like you drama at work...and because I was on the road...I checked into my hotel and put myself to bed....I didn't want the temptation of eating way way way off plan! Not a good solution but it was a solution!! Today I felt like the Phoenix rising from the ashes compared to yesterday when someone lit me on fire!!
  • Good morning!! Off from work today and tomorrow - headed to Boston with baby girl and my mom. Checking in at 172 - really thought I would see 171 but......did not work out yesterday but I will be back at it today as I am mostly over my cold now!!

I won't be able to weigh again until Sunday and I expect to be walking a fair bit the next few days!! Best wishes for an in-plan day!!!
  • Welcome Topaz! ( I am sorry I missed posting that up above!)

Lulu... Sounds like this trip is for FUN! YAY! enjoy your family and laugh (ALOT! lol) and the sky is just such an awesome thing to enjoy at night (day too! lol)

Calee.. Wow you are something with walking to work.. SHAZAM! and the workouts. I think YOU are in control and watch out scale...Calee does not believe in uptick blips! not anymore! You can do it.. you are prepared!

Ames.... doing okay?

Missing so many.. Mara... are you still around? I hope all are well and just busy busy busy!

SW 235 2/14
    2/27 236.4 (+1.4 total) grrrrrrrrrrrr

GW 221
  • Wannaskipandlaugh-- I am doing ok.. did two adjustments on my back.
    Scale moved a tiny bit Down.. so pushing for that..Thanks for asking!

LULU have fun in Boston, I used to live in Ct.. So I visited Boston every now and then!! hope its a warmer day for ya~!

Topasz!! keep pushing on!!

Today NO therapy.. Long work day. Maybe get in a mile walking tonight..
    maybe if not this weekend I have to do at least 2 miles sat and Sunday..
    I need to get on a plan with exercise!!! have a Wonderful day !!!!!!!!!!
  • Hi gang, I read every word here and I get inspired by all of you to keep trying. I'm so proud of everyone.

Scale up a few ounces. Water retention from a really tough work out. Arms are sore. I did eat an ounce of Mac nuts for comfort. I'd better cut that out.

Off for another day in the office. Focus: eat on plan, not be the victim to work bad situation, focus on work.

Keep up the good work everyone. Have a fun holiday Lulu. How old is your little one?
  • Can I be a huge pain.. and ask maybe everyone to post
    A typical day for them? What they eat?

Or if that's too much.. Maybe a typical Breakfast or Dinner?

I am trying to see why my weight loss is so freakin slow!!! lol.

My typical day

Shake for breaking 110 calories 4 carbs
    Or 2 fried eggs with cheese

Lunch
    2 cups of shredded cabbage
    1/2 chicken breast
    Very small amount of Cheddar Cheese

Or instead of chicken breast 1 can of tuna..
    and 2 tbsp of mayo mixed up with cabbage.

Snack 2 cheese sticks.. 1 carb each..

1 coke zero

Dinner
    Steak
    or 2 chicken breast

Broccoli salad( broccoli,Mayo, cheese, )

Or peppers filled with tuna salad..

Snack
    whipping cream
    or 1/2 cup of shrimp
    or pickles

and I chug about 6 cups of water.. and drink 2 cups in the morning..

I pretty much only eat when im hungry.. havent been starving... But i dont think im eating too much?

What do you think?
  • Hi Ames - for a typical breakfast I eat 1 or 2 eggs and 3 oz of cooked Jimmy dean sausage or 2 to 4 slices of bacon. The amount of each vary depending on what I have in the kitchen. If I scramble the sausage and add in two eggs I add 1 ounce of cheddar cheese. I use the Kraft Cracker Barrel individually wrapped snack cheese because I have a problem with portion control. I buy the sausage and mark the outside of the package to measure 4 portions - so I know it should last for 4 days - or I slice it and freeze it in one serving sections. It is mostly eggs and some meat. I do eat the Dannon light and fit Greek yogurt too - 80 calories and then I'll have 1 cup of raspberries - but I've been on the plan for 1 year. (I asked Jersey Gyrl about this as she has been on plan for 10 years+) my routine is to work out and then eat breakfast.

I re-started Atkins at 47 and in general the loss has been 1 pound per week - it takes as long as it takes - which totally stinks for sure!! Wannaskipandlaugh - I'm sure can tell you the same as she has seen me through a few plateaus!!

Can't weigh this morning but going to work out - baby girl has a head cold now but she is chugging along here in Boston!! It has been very relaxing!!(someone asked - she is 15)

I only eat whole foods - no shakes or bars because I seemed to stall and in the beginning I might eat more than one serving of protein but now I try to eat only one serving at a meal.
  • Hello - will check in with daily weights etc tomorrow but just wanted to swing by and say hi now that I'm back from vacation. I did really well - ate low carb the whole time (but definitely not as low as usual!) - found reasonable choices everywhere, and sometimes just went hungry for a while until there was a good choice. Had 4 sips of my husband's mojitos and one bite of Key Lime pie, otherwise all was on plan. Hotel breakfast was awesome - but far more carbs than usual, with Greek yogurt, piles of berries and bacon that was delicious but obviously had sugar or honey. Had tons of lettuce-wrapped burgers, glad that's so easy to order nowdays, it saved me on many a lunch. Didn't miss the high-carb stuff because having more than my usual low-carb fare felt indulgent enough. And best of all, my weight has remained relatively stable during the 2 weeks!

But now that I feel re-fed, I'm ready to focus in again and move the scale downward in a serious, concerted way in March.

Ames : the thing that jumps out at me about your diet is the amount of cheese! What if you tried cutting out dairy for a week or so to see if that helps? I did a 3-week dairy free trial late last year and found it was harder in theory than in reality (I made tons of Asian dishes and ate more avocado). I'm back to Dairy Free for March too (except butter, but I have raw, grass-fed, cultured butter here in France).

A typical day for me in my regular dieting mode is :
    B : bulletproof coffee (coffee w MCT oil & grassfed butter)
    L : veggie with meat (leftovers or Crackslaw or 2 fried eggs w salad)
    D : veggie w meat of some kind, the same meal as my family but without the carby side I usually make for everyone else. Very rarely I might have a different meal if they're having pizza or pasta, but honestly since I'm the cook & menu-maker that's often because I WANT something myself or want to finish leftovers and so I make them their carby dinner.
    S : Nuts, if I feel I really need them, about 2-3 times a week (most days nothing)
    Also : If i'm feeling tired I'll often have a mug of broth or bouillon, plus all day long water, tea, and herbal teas

Except dinner, I don't eat by the clock, just my hunger, so the above schedule works for me (just BPC for breakfast since I'm not usually hungry first thing in the morning). I'm a SAHM so my schedule is really flexible and so this works for me - when I was working I did make myself eat breakfast so I wouldn't be overly hungry come lunchtime.
  • Ames... is walking not too painful for you? I sure do hope its not... and I just think you are inspiring.. what you have gone thru in your life and you are heading forward! so inspiring!

Actually.. all of you inspire me and motivate me so much. You help me climb out of my mental hole and there is not enough words in this world that I can say to thank you!

Ames... I eat (lol Just like Lulu) 2 eggs and Jimmy Dean premade sausages (found Jones that are 1/2 the price now tho) and a slice of cheese for breakfast. I have had this same breakfast for over a year now (just a few variations when I traveled.... deviled eggs instead... Lunch.. I will have Boars head meats (whatever is on sale that week - if its ham I will get enough for 1 slice a day and then buy turkey too) and roll it up with a slice of cheese and a alittle regular mayo OR Chunked up Chicken in Cream cheese, mayo and WING sauce - like a Buffalo Chicken stew lol or (like today) lettuce, cut up meat (mostly turkey or chicken... whatever I have leftover) bacon pieces, 1 slice of cheddar cheese and ranch dressing. Snacks.. I treat myself to the Emerald 2 carb Choc roasted Almonds.. I love the prepacks! Dinner... well I find if I don't eat much at this meal.. I lose weight faster and more often. Usually a repeat of the salad I explained for lunch, or low carb tortilla with 2 tbs sauce and Moz cheese (my Friday Fave) or I make a Parmesan chicken that I love with a side lettuce only salad, or hamburger patty with cheese (NOTICE I eat alot of cheese and maybe I should follow the LOWER cheese diet like Sarah! LOL) or grilled Italian sausages with side salad or Shrimp cooked in garlic butter... sometimes I do another omelet for dinner.. but usually I have a handfull of almonds (about 4 carbs) and a 6 carb protein shake and then go walking... When I get a chance to go out for dinner (with my parents) that is when I get a Filet or grilled fish ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. lol I drink iced tea and 2 glasses of water - 1 that has freshed squeezed lemon in it. That is about it

Being 55 years older I have found my metabolism is alot different then when I was younger. But I (over time and my charts) have found that there is still 1 week of the month that I just whoosh - even eating wrong things, I still lose alittle... more when not. I think hormones have alot to do with how fast we lose too...

SW 235 2/14
    2/27 236.4 (+1.4 total) grrrrrrrrrrrr
    2/28 234.6 (-0.4 total) OKAy back in the down down down category! MORE tomorrow!
    GW 221
  • Good morning, let me say, what I'm eating is clearly maintenance for my 63 year old hypothyroid body. I exercise 90 minutes daily. Calories generally around 1200-1400.

My breakfast varies:
    Greek yogurt rarely
    Eggs rarely as I am sensitive to them
    3-4 ounce Hunk of leftover meat- usually
    Protein bar no sugar alcohols 24carbs, 19 fiber, 20 protein
    Some bacon or sausage

Lunch: pretty much the same daily
    Salad greens, cucumber, red onion, 1 oz goat cheese, 3 oz chicken or other meat, drizzle olive oil, drizzle balsamic creama de Modena

Dinner:
    Either salad greens 2 cups or cooked veggie 1 cup
    3-4 ounces protein
    Olive/balsamic if salad

Last night 4 ounces halibut, 8 oz roasted zuchinni baked with shredded Parmesan

Snacks - this week I got into 1 ounce of Mac nuts, bad idea. I loved BBQ pork rinds but put my 1/2 ounce serving on the scale and it's more like 3 servings. Those went into the trash. No wonder retaining fluids! Anyone want a few bags, come on over!

Actual snack daily.
    Either celery or mini Tri colored peppers with 2T Phily Jalapeņo cream cheese. That's mid morning as I get up at 5:30, walk 3/4 mike to work and take 60 minute Pilate reformer class all befor noon. Lunch is at 1.