Old 01-31-2014, 11:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Default In shock

So on the 10th of January I had to go to the doctor because I was sick. At my doc they have a scale in the room so they weighed me just in a gown. The weight was 217 which is where I got my starting weight from. I went back today because I hurt my back yesterday and once again they weighed me and it said 193 1 freaking 93!!!!! I just stood there in shock. Then I said now I weighed myself this morning at home and my scale said 204. Which is still a decent loss how could there be such a difference. Now their scale is a triple beam which in my opinion is the most accurate. So he says I am guessing your scale at home is not calibrated correctly and with as much as my kids mess around with my scale that would not surprise me. He also said they have the calibration checked on their scales once a week, because of all of their diabetic patients to accurately monitor weight loss/gain. I have been wondering why my scale has been sticking around the same weight but my pants just keep getting loser. well to end this my hubby is going to buy me a nice digital scale and a cheap analog scale so I can check here but I will completely fall over if those scales says 193 too! That would mean a loss of 24 lbs in 2 weeks and 5 days!
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 300.6/see ticker/???

Height: 5'7''

Well I hope u "fall over" when the new scale arrives!
gembabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:04 PM   #3  

lol thank you I hope so too I wish he would hurry up I am so impatient lol

Last edited by Brooklynn; 01-31-2014 at 12:04 PM.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:13 AM   #4  

Well the new scale said 200 yesterday, and the new analog scale is JUNK! It weighed everyone in my family and a hundred pound weight 15 lbs heavier. I weighed this morning and it said 203 so idk what the heck was up with the docs scale but I am just going to keep tracking from where I am at now and go with the weight I get monday. I sure don't want to go to the doc every week to get weighed lol. Sure would have been nice to see 193 on this scale but hey I am just happy with a loss period!

Last edited by Brooklynn; 02-01-2014 at 10:14 AM.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:32 AM   #5  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Oh I know about WAKKADOO scales! My scale (non digital - pointer type) was weighing me 14 lbs lighter than my doctors.. OH BOY that floored me... My new digital now weighs me 1.6 lbs heavier.. But that is tolerable. BROOKLYN.. how do you know which one is true? Are you just picking the brand new one (digital) and just using that for your journey? and then adjusting due to your weigh ins at your doctors??!!! Either way CONGRATS on your LOSSES! WOOHOO!!!!!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:31 AM   #6  

I am just going to go with what ever weight I get monday from the new digital because its is supposed to be a very good one, compared to my other digi. I needed a new one anyway but I honestly don't know whats my true weight because I have had so many different ones. I am just going to go with what the new scale says and monitor how big my jeans are getting lol.
Old 02-01-2014, 11:36 AM   #7  
Working on the Last 10!

S/C/G: 249/183/145

Height: 5'4"

Brooklyn, keep a focus on how loose your pants are getting. Regardless of what the scale says, you are getting healthier with each pant size you drop.

I have a Tanita that measures body fat etc. I don't trust any number except he weight. I've had it or 4 years and it still weighs perfectly to both Kaiser and Weight Watchers. I recommend that scale if you get a new one.
calee is offline   Reply With Quote