Love Yourself - Valentine's Day Challenge!!

You're on Page 3 of 16
Go to
  • SW 183.5
    1/2...180.5
    1/3....179....yea!! got to change colors on the weight calendar!!
    1/4....177
    1/5...178
    GW in the 160s

I splurged on 1/4 cup garlic mashed potatoes and several drinks....mudslides with a shot of whipped cream vodka are my downfall right now!
  • Good morning!

Sue you called it, the rest of my New Years weight wooshed off last night, and I was still feeling puffy this morning from extra water so maybe more will whoosh off tonight and I will see my Christmas eve weight tomorrow! That would be nice since I have written that 1.5 off as a gain from festivities lol

lulu I wish I had an elliptical, I would never have a good excuse for skipping a workout as I could at least get in some cardio while watching tv. I have nowhere it would fit in our apartment tho lol

smith sounds delish! but back on track now!! Yahear!?!

SW - 244.6
    GW - 239.6
    01/01 - 249.8
    01/02 - 247.8
    01/03 - 246.7
    01/04 - 245.7
    01/05 - 244.5
  • I love the saying "Sweat is your fat crying" so I use that a lot for motivation when I'm worn out and feeling like stopping my workout

Today I weighed in at 177 Heading in the right direction! I can finally tell I'm in Ketosis, and I love it. My cravings and hunger are gone and I feel so much better.
  • SW : 207.6
    CW : 203.4 (-4.2)
    GW : 197.6

207.6 Jan 1
    206.6 Jan 2
    207.6 Jan 3
    206.6 Jan 4
    205.0 Jan 5
    203.4 Jan 6
  • I'm up today at 179 but I just think it is a fluctuation of the scale, water retention, etc. So I just have to ride it out....

Looks like freezing rain this morning up here - sand trucks just went by- ugh for driving today!!

Working out shortly - added a few crunches to work on my loose gut - I am very jiggly....and not in a good way!! HA!! I did notice that my bat wings are starting to change so there is hope!! I read some where that it takes about a year after goal for your body to "settle" - has anyone read anything about that??

Have an on-plan day and downdowndown!!

Wannaskipandlaugh Happy Atkins Anniversary!!! I think today is the day!!
  • Hello from Greece,

I have beeb browsing through the site for a week now trying to find the courage to post and ask for help. I weigh 67 kilos (148 pounds) and would like to lose 10 kilos (i.e. 20 pounds) and reach the goal of 125 pounds (57 kilos)
    I would love to join the Valentine challenge and lose at least 11 pounds (5 kilos) until then.
    I am trying with low carbing and any advice would help!!!
    thnx a lot!!
  • Thank you Lulu It is my Atkins 1 year anniversary! WWEEEEE well.. 76.4 total lbs off.. (yesterday's number was better)... But I am so glad to be here then where I was last year!!!!!! Thank you so much Lulu! (there are 2 other people who started their weight loss (not Atkins) journey on this day last year too... Brain cells are not firing this morning to remember who they are... SHOOT.

SW 1/1/14 243.8
    1/2 244.6 (+.8 well eh... salty BBQ Shrimp last night and leftover NY eve showing up)
    1/3 (244.8 (+1.0 total) YUCK going the wrong way.. Ate salty salty salty ham for lunch yesterday... Salad today!!! lol
    1/4 243.4 (-.4 total) salad did the trick.. and the 2.25 mile walk (3rd day in the row 2.25 or 2.5+ mile walks) Back in the right direction too!
    1/5 242.8 (-1.0 total) Hooray! I willed it I swear! LOL Funny.. when I do believe it will happen.. it does! ahhhh my motto rings true.. I just have to remember!
    1/6 243.6 (-.2) well at least I am still at a loss LOL SALTY SALTY food last night (Out with parents as they are leaving on Vaca for 2 weeks)

GW 2/14/14 234.0 YEP!
    HOPE is believing that miracles are possible!
  • Quote: Hello from Greece,

I have beeb browsing through the site for a week now trying to find the courage to post and ask for help. I weigh 67 kilos (148 pounds) and would like to lose 10 kilos (i.e. 20 pounds) and reach the goal of 125 pounds (57 kilos)
    I would love to join the Valentine challenge and lose at least 11 pounds (5 kilos) until then.
    I am trying with low carbing and any advice would help!!!
    thnx a lot!!
    Audacious! Glad to have you join us! You are very very welcome to join us! Post all you want! Let us know what you are eating or not. Biggest thing is to stay away from sugar, flour, pasta etc... I don't know if you are doing Atkins (not required to be part of this challenge).. But let us know what kind of plan you are following! STARTING is the biggest hurdle.. You did that and now you are on your journey! woohoo!!!
  • 1/2-- 330
    1/3-- 332.8
    1/4-- 327.6
    1/6-- 327.4

Well I saw a small dip in the numbers, I'll take it! Everyone seems to be doing well. I can't wait to see how we all make it to our goals
  • 238.5 this morning
    Walked every day but 2 days ago I had grapes and was back up where I started from. Well, 1.5 down and staying away from high carb fruit or any fruit for a while, like the plan says.
    Welcome audacious!
    Congrats everybody for doing so well!
    Lulu, that is just water retention that will flush soon!!
    You are doing so well not allowing normal fluctuations influence your good choices. Amazing!!!!
    Have a great week!
    Will check in soon and I will -hopefully- keep going down!
  • SW 183.5
    1/2....180.5
    1/3....179....yea!! got to change colors on the weight calendar!!
    1/4....177
    1/5....178
    1/6....177.5
    GW in the 160s
  • Hello Audacious!!

Sue, JB, Futurehealthyme, Smith - Congrats on the down - trying very hard to get there myself!!

Down to 178 this morning so that is a good thing!!

One year on Atkins today!! One year and almost 50 pounds later - I think the time involved in changing my lifestyle will help me in the long run. Patience is a virtue!! HA! (The reality is I want to be there now!!) During this new year I plan to get to goal and become a weight maintenance success story!!

Wannaskipandlaugh (Sue) I really can't thank you enough for all of your support the past year!! Like I've said before picking me up, dusting me off and sending me back on my journey!! Thank you so much!!
  • Lulu.. we all are a team and I appreciate you and your words of wisdom more than I can say! I am so proud of you and your accomplishments so far. Did you ever think that you would have made it a year? I always hoped (myself) but sometimes the notion in our heads and hearts just keep the forward momentum. We just "Know"! I have to ask.. isn't it easier to avoid the off plan food. I mean we have a bite or two.. but thinking of ordering a pizza or eating cookies galore... my mind just turns away from it. Do you feel pretty much the same.. that its not as tough to stick to eating well as it was to begin with?! THANK YOU for being here at this time on this journey! I know I could not have gotten this far without you either!

SW 1/1/14 243.8
    1/2 244.6 (+.8 well eh... salty BBQ Shrimp last night and leftover NY eve showing up)
    1/3 (244.8 (+1.0 total) YUCK going the wrong way.. Ate salty salty salty ham for lunch yesterday... Salad today!!! lol
    1/4 243.4 (-.4 total) salad did the trick.. and the 2.25 mile walk (3rd day in the row 2.25 or 2.5+ mile walks) Back in the right direction too!
    1/5 242.8 (-1.0 total) Hooray! I willed it I swear! LOL Funny.. when I do believe it will happen.. it does! ahhhh my motto rings true.. I just have to remember!
    1/6 243.6 (-.2) well at least I am still at a loss LOL SALTY SALTY food last night (Out with parents as they are leaving on Vaca for 2 weeks)
    1/7 244 (+.2) ggrrrrrrrr Holding more water (maybe because of the colder weather?! to keep warmer?? Waiting for the flush and WOOSH! LOL

GW 2/14/14 234.0 YEP!
    HOPE is believing that miracles are possible!
  • Lulu-congrats on your anniversary and fifty pound loss. That is awesome and your right everything that is learned will help you in the long run.

Good job everyone on the scale going down.

1/2--330
    1/3--332.8
    1/4--327.6
    1/6--327.4
    1/7--325.4
  • good morning!!!

Ihave swung upwards again. I am not sure if it is from eating out or from having a higher carb count a couple days ago. Net was under 30 but total was at 62 :s IDK hopefully it goes away soon. Trying to be patient but mostly just getting pouty lol

Just occured to me: Because I am getting up early to go workout before work I probably weighed in a good 2 hours before I have been weighing in all break since I could sleep in... that may be some of the difference too.

SW - 244.6
    GW - 239.6
    01/01 - 249.8
    01/02 - 247.8
    01/03 - 246.7
    01/04 - 245.7
    01/05 - 244.5
    01/06 - 246.6
    01/07 - 245.3