Old 02-14-2014, 09:30 AM   #226  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Good morning! Sorry I havent been around, school and work has me super busy and the scale has been pissing me off so I am trying to keep on keeping on without focusing on what is happening too much.

12/31 - 244.6
02/14 - 243.6

I saw 241.5 about a month ago but since then have seen everything from 242.0-245.0

I honestly don't know what to think or do. I outright cheated 3 times and other than the day or two after each time I registered in ketosis every time i checked. All I can think is that I am eating enough fat that my body is using my dietary fat and not my body fat (?) I don't know.... maybe I should try a fat fast like sarah lol
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:01 AM   #227  

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

Happy Valentines Day everyone!! I did not make my supre goal weight, so that dress will have to wait. But, I just barely made my goal weight(right on the dot). Good job everyone!
uniqueindividual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:43 AM   #228  

S/C/G: 235 / 189 / 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnkrckpixikat View Post

I saw 241.5 about a month ago but since then have seen everything from 242.0-245.0

I honestly don't know what to think or do. I outright cheated 3 times and other than the day or two after each time I registered in ketosis every time i checked. All I can think is that I am eating enough fat that my body is using my dietary fat and not my body fat (?) I don't know.... maybe I should try a fat fast like sarah lol
Nice to see you around!

Rather than a fat fast right now, what is your calorie level? I'm annoyed by the reality that I need to keep calories in check. I think at least part of the fat fast success was due to the fact that it limits calories to an un-sustainable 1000/day.

I don't lose if I'm above 1500. And I lose faster when I'm lower than that...

Hard ugly truth, often avoided in low carb discussions - some of us, in particular middle aged (and older) women, and inactive (me) need to really watch calories, like on most other diets. Low carb makes it more liveable, makes hunger less of an issue, but I've found I can't scoop sour cream into everything, layer with cheese, grab handfuls of nuts and snack on fat bombs and lose weight.

It's a bummer, I guess, but it's also my reality.

I'm not sure that was the case when I started at 235 pounds, and I know it wasn't the case 5 years ago, but now @ age 44, weight around 200 it's my situation. I've even started thinking through what I'll do when my current efforts aren't enough to lose. Will I live with that body weight? Will I bite the bullet and exercise? Will I try to shave off even more calories (not likely a liveable long term solution for me). Hopefully I can still lose a bunch of weight now that I'm more dialed in to the details...

Last edited by sarahinparis; 02-14-2014 at 10:44 AM. Reason: iPad typos!
sarahinparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:54 PM   #229  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Sarah- I have been estimating at about 1600 per day. I eat in the dining hall a few days a week which is why I say estimating because I don't have counts on most of that food. My guess has been calories too.

When I lost most of my weight I had to stay at 1200-1300 and workout 5 days a week to really lose at a steady pace so I think I will have to do my best to get back to that. I did slimfast then for convenience so I may try a similar plan doing a protein shake for breakfast with a couple tablespoons of HWC in it to up the fat, a quest bar for lunch, and an atkins friendly dinner with a snack of macadamia nuts or something.

That is easy enough to do. Working in 5 days of working out a week will be harder... possible, just harder lol
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 04:12 PM   #230  
Enjoying the journey

S/C/G: 225/192/170

Height: 5-5.5

Happy Valentine's Day!!! Can't weigh. Got moved to a different hotel today....maybe flight tomorrow.....ugh!! Can feel the extra weight so I will probably cry when I see it!!! True Confession: beer and higher calories....c'est la vie!!! Truly can't wait to get back to normal!!!

Congrats to everyone!!!

Last edited by Lulu NH; 02-14-2014 at 04:15 PM.
Lulu NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 10:37 AM   #231  
Working on the Last 10!

S/C/G: 249/183/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahinparis View Post
Nice to see you around!

It's a bummer, I guess, but it's also my reality.

I'm not sure that was the case when I started at 235 pounds, and I know it wasn't the case 5 years ago, but now @ age 44, weight around 200 it's my situation. I've even started thinking through what I'll do when my current efforts aren't enough to lose. Will I live with that body weight? Will I bite the bullet and exercise? Will I try to shave off even more calories (not likely a liveable long term solution for me). Hopefully I can still lose a bunch of weight now that I'm more dialed in to the details...
Sarah, I think your most important statement is that it's your reality. I had a doctor tell me that likely my reality is 1000 calories and to make friends with it. He was male, 50's, slim and a runner. He said his reality was around 1400-1500 to maintain.

At 63 I find my reality to be around 1200 calories that are low carb with 7 hours of exercise helps me maintain. I can have an occasional tret, but the scale goes up and it takes a week to get stable again.

I'm having to struggle to figure out how to get lower on the scale. It definitely a journey!
calee is offline   Reply With Quote