Vegetarian Atkins?

• Is there anyone out there that is vegetarian or semi and working on an Atkins diet? or something similar to it?
  • The Atkins website has a link for that:
    Atkins for Vegetarian and I also found this:
    The Eco Atkins Diet
  • Munchy - I had seen the Atkins Vegetarian I was hoping someone had first hand experience.

Although the second link Eco Atkins Diet that is an awesome resource!!

I think meat is my enemy I get severely ill when eating to much of it and sometimes even a little bit of it. When they recommended that's all I eat I was like gosh I'll die before the end of six months.

The Eco Atkins has awesome information and might provide an great balance to make it for the six months.
  • Back maybe 8 years ago I was a vegetarian on South Beach. The first phase is pretty low carb, similar to Atkins. I remember eating a lot of soup, stuffed vegetables (mushroom caps, peppers, zucchini), tofu, quorn, veggie burgers, eggs, nuts, cheese, and salad.

I don't really recall if I altered the plan to add more carbs for counting or if I just stayed away from very starchy vegetables, fruits, and any grains.

It wasn't very easy, but I was also in my early twenties and worked entirely too many hours. It would probably be much more manageable now.
  • Munchy that's exactly what I was thinking maybe just remove starchy items first and work my way through it see what happens. I think as long as I stay within her guidelines maybe I'll be okay!

I think its like 1200 calories
    115 carbs
    115 protein
    and 40 fat maybe I dont' recall exactly the fat

I'ma give it a run see what goes with it thanks for your Vegetairain perspective!