Old 09-07-2013, 03:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/142

Height: 5'2"

Arrow A stall at just 15.2# lost so far?

It's been about a week now STUCK at 15.2 lbs lost, and I'm eating the same things I did before (very careful about that)....but the scale isn't moving.

I should have been able to move past Induction, but I'm pretty much doing induction with just one 6 oz container, either every day or every other day, of Carbmaster yogurt (4 carbs per container) added. (dairy) I think I should be "safe" doing that as I've been doing Atkins for a little over 5 weeks now (Since Aug 1). If I was climbing the ladder, I would be first be adding nuts (which I have a bad reaction to- not quite allergic I think, but make me feel ill), then berries (haven't tried them yet- not a big fan of blueberries anyway- haven't tried raspberries but maybe I should), and the next; which I'm happy about is adding things like 1/2 cup of cottage cheese (which I enjoy).

I am 5'2", and stuck at 208.8. Any suggestion on what is changing that no more weight is coming off?

I usually eat about 1,200 cal a day (though I know we don't cal count on atkins) and my carbs are between 18-26 per day (net).

And, what happens if I don't eat alot of salads any more, but instead each like steamed brocolli etc to get my 12-15 min net carbs from "fountation vegs" in? Any problem with that that folks have noticed in their own journey?

Thanks for insights and tips, folks,
Suzanne/MrsKevin in NW Illinois

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 09-10-2013 at 02:06 PM. Reason: to clarify
MrsKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:17 PM   #2  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Just hang in there. I just went 2 weeks without a drop in weight but yesterday morning, whoosh down 2 pounds. Then this morning I was down another pound and a half. This pattern is fairly common for me. I think that I am probably losing fat pretty consistently but have some edema or colon sludge that keeps it from showing on the scale.

Your plan sounds good. Keep it up and I bet you get a whoosh pretty soon.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:02 PM   #3  

Thank you for your encouragement, and the fact that you have encountered stalls before too. Did it happen this early in your loss though? Anyone else?

MrsKevin
Old 09-07-2013, 11:16 PM   #4  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Suzanne.... 15+ lbs the first week (just wanted to make sure) is just WOW wonderful... Why you are stalling.. I have no idea... Just like I do not know why I have only lost 4 lbs in a month... Sometimes the body just says ... I am not ready to give up any more water/fat just this moment... and then readjusts and then you start up losing again.... I am sure the Jersey Girl will answer... but all I can say - Have patience.. You are probably losing fat.. just not water and thus the scale is not moving.. (have that thought in my head from reading book)... Just keep at it and you will see the movement!

HUGS to you and can't wait to see the weight sluff off of you !
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:37 PM   #5  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaskipandlaugh View Post
I am sure the Jersey Girl will answer...
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:42 PM   #6  

Oh no, wannaskipandlaugh- you misunderstood. In the last 5 or so weeks I've lost 15.2 pounds- but for the last week I've been stalled at 208.8 If I would have lost 15 pounds in one week I'd head to the doctors, I think.

Nope, took 4 weeks (doing atkins since Aug 1. On Sept 1st I first weighed 208.8) to get to 208.8 and there I've been for all this week.

Guess I'll edit to word that better.

Not too discouraged yet as it's only been a week, but on an "up" note, my waist measurement is down about 4" and hips down about that much too.

Looking forward to seeing how many other have stalls this early (only a month in) and how they manage to keep motivated.

You folks are terrific and so welcoming and forthcoming- I'd really enjoying my time here!

MrsKevin
Old 09-07-2013, 11:49 PM   #7  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

According to Dr. Atkins, a true "stall" is 4 weeks with no loss on the scale and no loss in inches.
Your body needs to adjust to this way of eating, that takes time. Staying on plan will get you to where you want to be. It won't happen over night but, it will happen .
All the best to you!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:53 PM   #8  

Thanks, JerseyGyrl-- by golly she called it right and here you are, offering support and wisdom, I appreciate it!

Yes, I know it is a true stall at 4 weeks with no weight or inches, but I didn't expect no-loss after just a month. Who knows--- maybe my body was at 208# at some point for quite a while, so it's the first time that it says "Hold off, Sis'ta-- this is "normal"-- I'm gonna stay here a while". Who knows!

Smiles, Suzanne/MrsKevin

------------------
Long Term Goal: 86# to lose
My Mini Goals:
Under 200#
Under 180#
Weight at 156# (50# lost)
Goal 142#
Target date for Goal Weight- Feb 7, '14 (my 50th bday)

Last edited by MrsKevin; 09-07-2013 at 11:54 PM.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:49 PM   #9  

It is important to remember that weight loss is not the body's natural desire; in fact ,quite the opposite. 15 pounds is quite a loss already, enough so that the organs in charge of regulating metabolism may be entering a bit of a crisis mode and trying to hold onto some fat a little bit longer. As long as calories in < calories out, then eventually you have to lose. Little stalls are normal. We don't gain or lose at a steady daily rate, and you'll probably see about 4 pounds come off overnight soon.

As for the second part of your question, I'm not an Atkins expert but it's probably OK to have some steamed veg and stuff like that instead of having to eat salad all the time.
HelloNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #10  

HelloNurse, thanks for your your in put too.

I think this thread is a gentle reminder to me to just keep fighting the good fight of better health.

....I woke up this morning with loss, at last. I was showing 205.8-207.0 depending on what number I believe (each time I step on the digital scale, it reads a little different). I'm taking the highest it registered and going with the 207# one, in case that's the true one. Even if I stood on the scale and thought "brick, brick, brick" ("heavy thoughts") I could never get it to read 208.8# again, or 208-anything. So, yup, it's moving on down. Even though it's the tiniest loss of weight, I updated my ticker even. (I can hardly wait until I am here 20 days so I can get a signature feature so I don't have to c/p the ticker etc each time...I'm well over 20 posts... )

HUGE smiles from NW Illinois,
MrsKevin

------------------
Long Term Goal: 82# to lose
My Mini Goals:
Under 200#
Weight at 174# (50# lost and out of "obsese" BMI range at 164#)
Goal 142#
Target date for Goal Weight- Feb 7, '14 (my 50th bday)

Last edited by MrsKevin; 09-09-2013 at 04:23 PM. Reason: typeo
Old 09-09-2013, 08:37 PM   #11  
Lisa Bean

S/C/G: 231/217/160

Height: 5'8"

I am glad I read this, I have been on Atkins over a month, I lost 8 in the beginning but I have been stuck for 2 1/2 weeks at 213. I feel so frustrated I want to give up completely (and I can't do that!) a true stall is 4 weeks, I will remember that! Thanks!
Lisabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:36 AM   #12  
Enjoying the journey

S/C/G: 225/192/170

Height: 5-5.5

Mrskevin - You are right...you just have to keep going. I "stalled" at 203, 193 and now at about 184.... Just keep going. Sometimes the scale is slower but your body is still changing. The scale does NOT tell the whole story - take measurements, check out the fit of your clothes - your body is still changing even when the scale is not moving.

I didn't start a real exercise routine until this Summer and I highly recommend starting one. I saw a before and after pic yesterday where a girl went from the 120's to the 130's - that's right she added weight- but was physically thinner and in great shape - the scale only tells part of the story!!
Lulu NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #13  

Are you exercising? Exercise is mandatory if you want to be healthy and resistance training is absolute necessary if you want to lose fat and keep as much lean body mass (muscle) as you can.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote