full circle to atkins....again!

• I first done atkins in the 90s and just found my book again the other day (and have since misplaced again). For awhile I did south beach and I liked it, especially that it was not so strict but over the past few months I have figured out that I don't do well with carbs in the form of whole grain bread or even starchy veggies. They stall me on weight loss and create wicked cravings for me.

So today I have been making a grocery list and trying to figure out how to eat up the last of the fruit in the house before doing the induction. I have to plan my meals with any diet I do b/c I don't do good at last minute choices.

I having been making my own greek yogurt using 1% milk and using it in place of sour cream. Would it be ok to make using whole fat milk and still use in place of sour cream?

I look forward to being part of the group!!
  • Payday: Absolutely! I don't follow Atkins, I follow a Weston Price style diet (google for more information). Basically it is animal protein and fat with veggies and very little sugar. I have been following my diet properly for 4 days and am feeling great and am down 4 lbs! Personally I just buy cultured sour cream (whole fat) at the grocery store, but I am lazy like that
  • Oh, if you last did Atkins in the 90s, you'll want to pick up the newest book from like 2010-2011. It's alot more inclusive than the old New Diet Revolution!! I have that book too, back when it said to eat like meat, eggs and 1 cup of cooked veggies and 2 cups of lettuce each day. Not any more!! Much more liberal and lots more foods/recipes offered.

If you'd like to know what Atkins is like NOW, make sure to check out their offical site at atkins.com. You'll be amazed! I know I am! (I did Atkins for a short time in '03 when the old book was still the one everyone had)

~MrsKevin
  • to the group! Atkins is a great plan and when done correctly, it works! I've been doing Atkins for 9+ years now and love it.
    The greek yogurt is a good replacement for sour cream. Just keep in mind, during Induction, there is a 3 Tablespoon limit.
    You CAN do this!!
    All the best to you!!!
  • Thanks all!! I was going to get the new book and then on another thread I got confused and thought it said to buy the older books...haha