Cheat day

• Hate to call it cheating, but today I ate Mexican chorizo burrito, chips, a juicy white peach, just a lot of what I haven't eaten in three weeks. I feel good and will get back on train tomorrow. Does anyone have a day they reset or allow certain foods? I think if I'm going to make it , I've gotta have them occasionally. Thoughts?

• I guess some people can get away with a "cheat day".....but....for me, not such a good idea. A day would turn into a week and before long a week would turn into a month ....and you get my point. A very slippery slope.
  • Yes, i have one every week (Friday) where i eat whatever i want and however much i want which probably translates into 5,000 calories BUT i reign it in immediately on Saturday through Thursday, don't eat sugar, eat "clean", relatively lower carb and never over eat.
    I am able to do this for some reason and i've lost ALL my weight this way (over 100 lbs.) but the key is to not let it go past one day and i realize this might now work for everyone.
  • I have cheat days.....we had a large BBQ at the house several weeks ago, macaroni salad, baked beans, chips, frothy mudslides, mojitos and margaritas....took me a week to get my weight back down to where it was to start with. I know if I do 'cheat' then I'll have to pay the piper.....you have to enjoy life too!
  • Thanks ladies, I know it will set me back at least a week but I've done this before and was soo strict that I quit. I think this is a lifestyle, I can eat whatever I want as long, as you say, keep it few and far between . I can say I felt hungry which shows me I was out of ketones and overall feel like I'm soo ready to jump back in.
    Thanks so much for sharing. I know it'll be ok, as long as I'm expecting a recovery period.
    Love this group!
    Btw, lisabean is my sister and she did not go off like I did. She is soo determined and strong. What out for her progress reports!!
  • Quote: I have cheat days.....we had a large BBQ at the house several weeks ago, macaroni salad, baked beans, chips, frothy mudslides, mojitos and margaritas....took me a week to get my weight back down to where it was to start with. I know if I do 'cheat' then I'll have to pay the piper.....you have to enjoy life too!
    Agreed!!
  • Quote: Yes, i have one every week (Friday) where i eat whatever i want and however much i want which probably translates into 5,000 calories BUT i reign it in immediately on Saturday through Thursday, don't eat sugar, eat "clean", relatively lower carb and never over eat.
    I am able to do this for some reason and i've lost ALL my weight this way (over 100 lbs.) but the key is to not let it go past one day and i realize this might now work for everyone.
    I agree, One day is plenty of time!
  • Quote: I guess some people can get away with a "cheat day".....but....for me, not such a good idea. A day would turn into a week and before long a week would turn into a month ....and you get my point. A very slippery slope.
    Thank Kim, you are an inspiration!!