Old 08-24-2013, 06:41 PM   #1  
Journey On

S/C/G: 240.0/240.0/150

Height: 5'6"

Default I'm Coming Home...

Hi Everyone! I have decided to come home to Atkins. I have been trying to lose weight for over 20 years, sigh. I have tried everything that is out there. Everything that I've tried works for me, so in that way I am very lucky. My *problem* is that I don't stick with anything LONG TERM. I get going, lose some and get cocky/too confident and start to do "little cheats". Then it goes down hill.

I am now in a situation where I really have health issues that require me to dump some weight. I have RA and Fibro, and I *have* to do something!! I know that my body feels best dumping the carbs, so here I am. I may not post a whole lot, but I read and read and read on these on forums; I try to check in every day. Some parts of this forum move so incredibly fast though, that I find I get lost in shuffle. I do love to talk though, so maybe I can call this my home base and just make sure I check here every day.

I love forward to (re)learning from you all and getting to know you all and feeling the love and encouragement!

Journey On!

~theresa~
Gr8by48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:34 PM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Theresa!
You've come to a great place for support & encouragement!
Atkins is a great plan that works when its done correctly! My advice to you is to be sure you read the book (Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution 2002 or prior versions) before you attempt to do the plan to insure you know exactly how & why this works. Stick to real, unprocessed foods. Stay away from Atkins bars & shakes. Drink lots of water. Get a little exercise (walking is great!). Before you know it, the pounds will be gone and you'll be feeling great!!
Although I've been doing Atkins 9+ years, I read & read these forums often and when I see something interesting, I comment. You can never learn too much. I hope you'll find the time to post from time to time and let us know how you're doing.
You CAN do this!!!
All the best to you!!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #3  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

back to you Theresa! and I am glad you have come to visit us and our fun group here. Post when you can... We are an encouraging bunch) and are always here to listen too! I wish you a wonderful and hopefully not to stressful of a journey to this permanent lifestyle... It is good!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:57 AM   #4  
Enjoying the journey

S/C/G: 225/192/170

Height: 5-5.5

Welcome Theresa!! This is a great forum where you can participate as much or as little as you like!! Just like you I read this forum for a long time before joining in. I found joining a thread provided consistency and accountability for my journey. I also realized I am not alone in my struggle and there is a lot of support here. Everyone is at a different point in their journey- some at goal, some starting, some with great progress!! Atkins the second time around has been slower for me but I am still losing - I am 32 weeks in and 38 pounds down!! I am not the "crazy" scale lady that I was at the beginning and I am happy about that as sometimes I would weigh 3 times a day - not a healthy situation! It has gotten better as Atkins has become the routine although I still work daily on portion control. The new saying I have for myself is " I'm allergic to carbs- they make me fat!!!" (Hope you see the humor!!) Best wishes on your journey!! You can do it!!
Lulu NH is offline   Reply With Quote