Induction day 6 and blew it.

• Hello,
    Just wanted to say hello &introduce myself and ask for support. I majorly blew my diet and wonder if I have to start all over again.
    It began last night with 3 glasses of wine with my sons girlfriend(24 years) She has been gone and it meant a lot to my stepson that we chat and catch up.
    Which left me with a tough morning. I was running around for my teen daughter and was sent to pick up burritos for the clan and felt so nauseous and sick because the wine and the fact I did not get breakfast. I ate a small steak taco with cheese and steak and oico ge gallo with corm tortillas and yes and a bean and steak burrito with flour tortilla.
    M nausea went away and aside from being tired, I feel good. My concern now is how much did I set myself back? I will not drink wine at least until I hit my goal weight or if any maybe a small glass if any but I am afraid to weigh myself and nervous that this setback will take back the weight I've lost.
    Any hope for me? Anyone blow it like this??
  • Hi and welcome! I'm on Day 6 as well

I say pick yourself up again. What else you going to do? Stop completely? No! So you had a few glasses of wine, it happens. Continue on your journey and I bet at the end of your two week induction you will be happy regardless. If it makes you feel better maybe stay on induction for an extra 3 days? Im still toying how long I want to stay in induction, I might give it an extra week or two My advice is stay away from the scale a few days
  • Induction is at least 2 weeks but, as Dr. Atkins himself said, if you have a lot of weight to lose and aren't bored with your food choices, you can stay in Induction longer.
    I stayed on Induction until I lost the majority of my weight and even today, 9+ years of being on Atkins, I still keep my carbs pretty low.
  • Thank you ladies,
    I finished strong, had sashimi for dinner and atkins shake as dessert. I will keep going
    and thanks for the welcome. I think I will weigh in on Monday.
    Xxoo!
  • Quote: Thank you ladies,
    I finished strong, had sashimi for dinner and atkins shake as dessert. I will keep going
    and thanks for the welcome. I think I will weigh in on Monday.
    Xxoo!
    Just a word of caution, you may want to be mindful of those Atkins shakes and bars. This article will give you a better understanding of those products and why its best to avoid them.
    http://www.phlaunt.com/lowcarb/19059967.php

• I agree! Had a stall on those shakes!
  • I think it depends on the person, some people get majorly derailed from a cheat and some people can recover quickly. Glad you are back at it!

I can do the Atkins shakes, but I can't do the bars as they stall me.
  • Thanks! I'm going to read article. Many thanks for the support!!!