3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   New Here (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/286201-new-here.html)

jlight22 08-13-2013 11:07 AM

New Here

Hi all, I started Atkins on the 5th. I count that week my warm up week. Started for real on Sunday the 11th. Weighed in at 175. Down to 172.3. So I am on my way and am determined.
Glad to be here

JerseyGyrl 08-13-2013 11:30 AM

:welcome2:
You've come to a great place for support & encouragement!
Be sure to read the book (Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution 2002 or prior versions) and stick to exactly what it says.
You CAN do this!!
All the best to you!:)

melissakd 08-13-2013 12:07 PM

Jersey Girl.. I have a couple of questions for you.

#1 How do you feel about Flax seed and meal? I've seen breads made with this that show the carb amount almost equal to the fiber. Meaning, trace effective carbs. I'm still scared to try them.... just feel like carbs are carbs. (I know that's not true, yes I read the book almost 3 years ago)

#2 You mentioned keeping cream cheese out of your house because it was tempting.....Now I'm worried about eating too much cream cheese and SOOO many of the recipes on Lindas site call for cream cheese.

Thanks for your imput.

melissakd 08-13-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlight22 (Post 4815409)
Hi all, I started Atkins on the 5th. I count that week my warm up week. Started for real on Sunday the 11th. Weighed in at 175. Down to 172.3. So I am on my way and am determined.
Glad to be here

HI Jlight! Welcome to 3FC :carrot:

SimplyLosing 08-13-2013 12:28 PM

Welcome! Nice group here :) Im new here as well..started on the 8th.
Congrats on the weight you lost so far!

jlight22 08-13-2013 01:15 PM

Thanks

Thanks all. I use the flax meal and I love it. I hope also it is ok to use!!
Impressive weight loss Jersey girl. I have read the book and I keep going over it and I am pretty sure flax meal is ok to use. Any imput anybody?

JerseyGyrl 08-13-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlight22 (Post 4815510)
Thanks all. I use the flax meal and I love it. I hope also it is ok to use!!
Impressive weight loss Jersey girl. I have read the book and I keep going over it and I am pretty sure flax meal is ok to use. Any imput anybody?

It depends on the Atkins book you read & go by. Technically, flax is a seed and seeds are not permitted during Induction. It would be added during the nuts & seeds rung of the carb ladder during OWL.
Guess it depends on how strict you really want to be.

JerseyGyrl 08-13-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissakd (Post 4815472)
Jersey Girl.. I have a couple of questions for you.

#1 How do you feel about Flax seed and meal? I've seen breads made with this that show the carb amount almost equal to the fiber. Meaning, trace effective carbs. I'm still scared to try them.... just feel like carbs are carbs. (I know that's not true, yes I read the book almost 3 years ago)

#2 You mentioned keeping cream cheese out of your house because it was tempting.....Now I'm worried about eating too much cream cheese and SOOO many of the recipes on Lindas site call for cream cheese.

Thanks for your imput.

Flax is technically a seed and seeds are not permitted until the nuts & seeds rung of the carb ladder during OWL.
Cream cheese is an issue for ME...that being said, you may be fine with it....so I don't keep it around to avoid me from overindulging.
Hope this helps:)

jlight22 08-14-2013 12:38 PM

Oh No! You busted my bubble. I will rethink this flax seed thing. I will see how my body responds to it and cut it out or limit it to once a week or less.
Thanks...I will go back and read some more!

melissakd 08-14-2013 12:53 PM

OK, I just ordered an UNWICH for lunch from Jimmy Johns, because I have no way to leave the office right now.

I omitted the onions and tomato. It is salami, capacola, provolone and vinegarette rolled in lettuce.

The menu said it is 9 carbs as is! WOW. I need to figure out how many of those were from the tomato and onion I removed.

Now I'm scared to eat it. lol

Lisabean 08-15-2013 12:16 AM

I am a come back kid, lost 15 then had trouble losing more (counting calories) and have switched to Atkins for (hopefully) better results.

Have been in induction for seven days and have lost 4 lbs, it's nice to be here with others -feeling good on this diet not deprived.

Nice to read your threads Kim! Hello everyone.

Thistimeitsreal 08-15-2013 02:41 AM

Welcome!! We began our new life plan around the same time! :)
All the best !