3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Carb Counters > Atkins

The Atkins Book

Old 07-10-2013, 06:39 PM   #1
Struggling Dieter

Default The Atkins Book

I am getting so much more out of the book this time around. The last time I read the book was before I was diagnosed with type II diabetes. There is so much information that explains how this diet helps with blood sugar control and why. I probably scanned over that info the last time because it didn't apply to me.

I did pretty good with my carbs today. I still haven't started actual induction, not until I finish the book, but I am limiting starchy carbs and sticking mostly to meat and veggies. Drinking lots of water. I think this will help with my withdrawal. I sure hope I can do this this time.

I want to look like my avatar!

Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:43 PM   #2
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post
I am getting so much more out of the book this time around. The last time I read the book was before I was diagnosed with type II diabetes. There is so much information that explains how this diet helps with blood sugar control and why. I probably scanned over that info the last time because it didn't apply to me.

I did pretty good with my carbs today. I still haven't started actual induction, not until I finish the book, but I am limiting starchy carbs and sticking mostly to meat and veggies. Drinking lots of water. I think this will help with my withdrawal. I sure hope I can do this this time.
When people have asked me for advice regarding Atkins, I can't stress enough the importance of reading the book before attempting the plan to educate yourself exactly how & why this plan, when done correctly works.

Wannabehealthy, you will be successful because from your post, it shows you get this and you're doing everything by the book (no pun intended!)

You CAN do this!!

Still Going Strong On Atkins Since April 13, 2004

Before & After Pics: http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2.../Kimatlake.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...1/IMG_0403.jpg
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.