What's most frustrating 2 u?

• The most frustrating thing for me is losing the regained weight. I swear the number of times I have lost the same 10 lbs. could have got me to my goal!

I can only be mad at myself. I'm clearly capable of losing 10 lbs. let's just try making it 10 more lbs. and not the same 10 each time!
  • For me it's not really seeing any results even though the scale says over 15 pounds lost. Sometimes I think why bother or why am I killing myself if it doesn't show. It's very discouraging!
  • One of the most frustrating things to me is explaining & then defending the Atkins lifestyle. I don't mention what I eat or how I lost the weight unless I'm asked. When I am asked, I tell people I do Atkins....sadly, they act like I've said a naughty word! Its truly sad how uneducated people are about Atkins They think you sit and eat red meat, bacon & butter all day everyday and that you never exercise. But, I think what really frustrates me most is, after I've taken the time to explain Atkins and how it works, they look at me and say "I don't think its healthy to deprive yourself of carbs" Very frustrating for sure!
  • Oh I know the feeling of losing and then gaining the same weight.... I have done it for 30+ years.... Got down to 198 and then up up up.. down to 230 then up up up down to 245 5 years ago then up to 310... Its just a "hard" thing... But I think when you decide that THIS IS IT and realize that you are just going to have to watch it for the rest of your life (I think not being perfect is aok as long as you watch it) then that is the decission!... Just gotta do it... We are only missing out on CR*P that masks as food anyway.... I know you can do it Sunny!! Don't go away again!!! We are here for you as you are for us!
  • Constantly cheating and having to start over
  • JerseyGyrl I don't even tell anyone I'm on a diet b/c I don't wanna hear the comments that is a fad. I just let the results speak for themselves while they remain fat and eating bread!
  • Quote: JerseyGyrl I don't even tell anyone I'm on a diet b/c I don't wanna hear the comments that is a fad. I just let the results speak for themselves while they remain fat and eating bread!
    I hear ya Sunny! I don't mention it unless they ask. I guess curiousity gets the best of them when they see I'm not eating bread or potatoes or dessert and they'll ask "You don't eat bread etc. ?? Once that question is asked, I feel a "responsibility" to educate them about Atkins And sad but true, most need an education when it comes to Atkins because they've been so misinformed and believe all the misconceptions.
  • Actually, you aren't depriving yourself of carbs, because veggies are carbs, just not starchy carbs.

One way to get around people asking why you aren't eating bread is to say you don't like bread, or you are allergic to wheat. Or "Bread fills me up too fast." Even when not eating low carb, I get questioned when I turn down cake at a birthday party. So many time they say, "Oh, a little piece won't hurt you." But I actually don't like cake, or most sweets. The only exception is Hershey Kisses. I use no sweetener in coffee, and just a smidgen in tea. My DIL is constantly baking cookies and bringing them to me. I have told her repeatedly that I don't like sweets, and her father is diabetic, so she should understand that I shouldn't be eating that stuff. Her parents both do Atkins. She would never think of taking baked goods to them. The fact that I don't like sweets will make Atkins easier for me.